Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Found 1,191 reviews matching the search See all 1,237 reviews
Company focusing on Customer Service and Expantion
Dual Site Hotel Manager - Slough/Maidenhead (Current Employee) –  South West14 September 2017
Good company to work for, mainly focusing on increasing customer service and expanding company hotel portfolio, fast growing and easy progression to mid management roles like Assistant Operations Manager or Head Chef,.
Hard to develop to higher senior management roles as Area manager or Account Managers role, as company mostly favourite British origin managers despite of strong diversity propaganda.
Mid or Higher management role salaries are not as competitive as in other similar hotel sector.
Pros
Fast growing company - employment opportunity
Cons
Less Competitive Salary compare to other Hotel sectors
Good team
Night Team Member/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London22 June 2018
I loved working at the Premier Inn Greenwich, I just wish I had the opportunity to do FOH/RECEPTIONIST as i worked nights 11pm-7am. I learned a lot of new skills and progressed to become a premier Inn host/duty manager, I also met a lot of memorable guests and co-worker.
Pros
Very relaxed team
My time at Premier (not) Inn
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire3 March 2018
Typical day was half the shift too little to do and the other half too much to do, depending whether you were on the early or late. The rota was unfair as it was supposed to be shared between 3 of us, my colleague had all mornings and got out of work on time, I had 6 months of late shifts and always going over my time and regularly finishing between Midnight and 01:00 in the morning when my shift finished at 23:00.
Too few staff on shift during busy periods and loads of staff in when the senior managers were running the shift.
Senior Managers hardly left the office and only came out to criticize. All training was self taught and with no validation from the managers.
Pros
cold left over breakfasts
Cons
Bad managers, poor planners, low pay, high management expectaion
Very tidy work place, 10/10 for effort the staff put in to the place.
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Bispham29 June 2018
Working with this company was enjoyable. The staff are great and can always count on them to boost the fun in the workplace. It was hard work and they put me through my paces but that's what I enjoyed
Pros
Free lunches
Ok
Housekeeper, Waitress and Bartender (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom11 July 2018
Really flexible to work for, they can easily accommodate change of job requests if they are reasonable and will do all they can. I enjoyed working for them for over a couple of years and left due to wanting career progression within a different field.
nice and fresh company
Host (Former Employee) –  Wembley Park Station6 August 2018
Easy and smart company but very professional. I love it. Nice team and confortble hambient of job. No upselling or benefits or food is included. Just a discount of 50%.
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk9 July 2018
A pleasant job but a lot of repetition. If you got caught with the 3-11pm shift it would take away from your own free time. Part time workers would take extra hours out of choice but there contracts were never increased.
Pros
knew your rota a month ahead
Cons
minimum salary
fantastic management and team fun and enjoyable workplace
Main duty as chef, producing quality meals (Former Employee) –  Bourne End29 November 2017
a typical day was usually fairly busy
i learned how to prioritize while in a busy cooking enviroment
management was fantastic and always there when i needed them
the team i worked with was fun energetic and ready and willing to get the job done whatever it took
the hardest part of the job was when it got very busy but management was always there to step in and lend a hand
the whole days work was satisfying as i loved the company and the staff so it was all round enjoyable
Pros
many benefits as it was a big company eg discount or relocation to thousands of other sites
Cons
sometimes hours would be longer than expected due to how busy
Okay short term
House keeper (Current Employee) –  Milton, Oxfordshire30 April 2018
Best for people that don't have young children. I can't speak for all branch's but I've noticed management has favourites. Work load can be more for others. I don't feel the working out of holidays or wages is legit. Unfair break times. Smokers get more entitments when it comes to break time. Takes a while to find all the equipment that you need before even starting the job
Pros
Early finish
Cons
Fast pace, childish behavior along collgues, favourism, big work load
Reservations Agent
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire14 November 2018
This call centre has very nice people working in there. Everyone is friendly and helpful, however....you never get to speak to them much.The job itself is something else however. The lines are constantly busy, from 8am until 8pm. The Q of calls is always high, so apart from your breaks, u only get to talk to angry customers ,(they are mostly angry: 1.the phone calls are not for free it's 12p a minute, 2.the wait time was too long, 3.you can't help them and have to transfer them elsewhere), no time to get to know your colleagues or make new friends. You just go to work, talk on the phone for 8 hours, get shouted at, go home. Not much is done for team building (no time for that), the call centre is usually understaffed or on occasions overstaffed (rarely), but it's a very bad scheduling and rostering. At start they say that you will work one weekend a month, 1 out of 4 weeks will be 12 till 20:00 shifts but then eventually, by miracle it gets more as per "business requirements" and you just have to get over it. Simply it's because there is a constant turn around of employees, people leave the job from one day to another without giving notice in so the business support can't stick with any shift patterns, also hard to book a holiday in, especially the religious ones. There is this whole idea of "putting yourself in customers shoes" but if a customer asks to speak to a manager there is none available or better said they don't want to pick up the call, so u have to come back and explain to an already angry customer that managers are in a meeting :). Salary is £16 000 a year,u  more... have to log in on time everyday but if u stay overtime because of a long last call that's for free on you, not paid. You could move up to different departments but everyone applies for these positions and it's hard to get it.  less
Pros
Whitbread discount card
Cons
Everything else
Good place to work to get experience.
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Liskeard10 September 2018
You learn something new everyday. You learn how every room is different. The layouts and bed, they could be single or double. The hardest part of the job was making sure you completed all the rooms on the list before leaving. The most enjoyable part was working with others to get the rooms tidy and clean.

Overall is was a great place to work and make friends.
Pros
Long break times.
Cons
You have to keep going to break time.
Not a good place to work.
Reception Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London23 March 2018
I cannot say anything good about this place and the company itself.

Poor management, staff being underpaid, not even a good work/life balance, due to the late shifts.

Modern version of slavery.
Cons
Long hours but good team
Waiter, bar staff, manager (Former Employee) –  Devon3 January 2018
Work for this company a while.
Lono hours as expected from hospitality but always had fun with team mates.

Good management scheme if you work hard enough.
Pros
Good team, career development, incentives
Cons
Long hours, moody customers
nope
Housekeeper - From (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire17 December 2018
If I could give no stars I would. Treatment of staff is terrible, pay isn't good, no recognition, constant criticism and nit picking. Expect you to work for free! Pile work on you and give you less and less time to do it
Pros
Cons
everything
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London5 July 2018
Horrible place to work, management want 5 hours worth of work done in 2 hours so they can hit targets and get bonuses while you get absolutely nothing
Pros
None really
Cons
No help or support from management
Rewarding work place
Housekeeping Team Member (Current Employee) –  Southend10 June 2018
I enjoy working here, i take pride in the work i do, Staff are really nice to work with, lots of benefits with this job. The job is hard/tiring but i enjoy all of it.
Pros
Nice staff, benefits, you can go on to diferent departments
Cons
hard work and tiring
fish bowl of immature nonsense
Bartender (Former Employee) –  London15 July 2018
management poor, staff poor. it's like a mini version of high school. everyone complains about everyone else whilst being part of the problem. unenjoyable.
Great team work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 December 2018
I loved working here and I wish I still was, great team work and great managers. Very understanding and the hours of work are not bad at all. It’s a great way to meet new people while on the job.
Stay away
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cheshire26 November 2018
USED FOR SEASONAL STAFF BUT DIDNT TELL ME! I was hired in NOV and they sacked me in 1st Jan! Housekeeping manager was a joke and spoke to you like you were nothing!
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything!
It was a very friendly place to work
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway6 November 2018
I learned another side of housekeep most day the guest were nice the hardest part of job was when marget would moan this /that not clean. Other wise its a nice place to work
Pros
New friends
Cons
Having to work bank hoildays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.