Premier Inn Employee Reviews

not that funn anymore
Duty manager/ Group Booking Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading3 May 2018
It used to be good place to work, till managment cares about staff. Not anymore. Lunch you have to pay, if you have a chance to take a break, which we do have really rarely.
We cannot rely on all our colleagues, because very often they do not feel that need to go to work.
Enjoyed it, but didn't get a break from working/uni
Part-time housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Aberystwyth2 May 2018
I loved the independence but working full time at the weekends, and then going to university full time during the week was too much for my energy levels.
housekeeper
Houskeeper (Former Employee) –  Telford2 May 2018
I really enjoyed working at the premier inn and to be apart of their team. It was a rewarding job knowing that the customers were satisfied. I would definitely recommend them to a friend not only as a hotel but as a job role too.
hard place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Oxford2 May 2018
nice friendly team but stressful place to work , have to work to a tight deadline with not enought hours . not a good workplace culture with disfunctional management
Pros
close to home
Cons
to little hours
good place to work
room asstantant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 May 2018
when i worked as part of a team it was one of the best jobs i had wished i had never left .
best part of the job knowing that you had any problems you could go to the mangment and thay would try to help .
working part of sa team was great .
meeting different types of people was good .
Pros
good people
Cons
heavy lifting .
Okay short term
House keeper (Current Employee) –  Milton, Oxfordshire30 April 2018
Best for people that don't have young children. I can't speak for all branch's but I've noticed management has favourites. Work load can be more for others. I don't feel the working out of holidays or wages is legit. Unfair break times. Smokers get more entitments when it comes to break time. Takes a while to find all the equipment that you need before even starting the job
Pros
Early finish
Cons
Fast pace, childish behavior along collgues, favourism, big work load
fun place to work
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria28 April 2018
I really like working here. In a typical day you clean the rooms according to Premier Inn set standards. As a cleaner at Premier Inn I have learned how to work as part of a team.
Pros
Discount on hotel rooms
Cons
Can be a very physically demanding job
Fun Workplace
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 April 2018
A typical day was preparing hot breakfast foods and cleaning the pots. i learned a lot in my time there such as communcation with customers and how to react in different situations in and out of the kitchen
Hard work, but rewarding
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall26 April 2018
You need to be constantly on the go, always thinking of the next job to be completed. The company expects to be hard working and caring, but always customer focused. The company brand is built around customer service, so if you don't like pleasing the public don't apply.
Pros
Discount on rooms, excellent training
Cons
Long hours to progress, not such a worl life balance
the company is purley about profit
night porter (Current Employee) –  wrexham25 April 2018
the company is more interested about making profits and in my opinion employ too many youngsters in management who lack people skills and are too locusted on profit margins
none productive
Hotel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bradford24 April 2018
as i was on work experience, there was not a huge amount that i could do, however i was put into a backroom to sit on a computer for around 4 hours, i was also left unattended to clean, when i did not know my way around
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough to do
el trabajo es en grupo
chef, Newbury-Berkshire, Inglaterra (10 meses) (Former Employee) –  newbury-reino unido22 April 2018
Toda los trabajadores eramos muy sociables y trabaja vamos en grupo siempre
Loved it
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Leeds22 April 2018
It was a pleasure to work for the staff are wonderful I personally would of stay here forever if it was full time the head housekeeper is very friendly and goes out of his way to help you in anyway he can met some really nice people
Productive and fun work place
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport16 April 2018
I enjoyed working at the Premier Inn, I learned how to work well under pressure, it also helped me to advance my communication skills as it was a very customer focused job role.
Cons
late hours
Pretty awful place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire12 April 2018
Working as a housekeeper for this company is similar to being a slave!!
You get a list of rooms before you start which varies on how many people are staying in the hotel. Some days you have so many rooms you physically cannot keep to time limits. The time limits are ridiculous enough but managers don’t consider constant trips to linens rooms for top ups, your break, reject linen.. meaning you mostly run over your finish time. It’s far too much pressure and don’t forget your pay every month fluctuates.
As for hygiene, we are taught to use our coloured cloths for certain things but to use the same cloths again back over another room..? Not good!!!!
Never been so under appreciated in a job like the one for premier inn. Unless you’re management of some sort then people really don’t give a flying.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Too many
Good Company - Current changes not great for moral
There (Current Employee) –  Oxford11 April 2018
Company overall are good to work for, shame about the change in management and the current focus on where it is heading - sadly not the company i joined,
Overall
Deputy manager (Former Employee) –  Malvern, Worcestershire11 April 2018
Miss the crew i worked with but went through four managers since it opened and felt as though the staff got forgotten about even though we were the ones who made the hotel work!

Just felt used and not appreciated
Pros
the work friendships
Cons
late and long hours
Slave labour.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Westhill, Aberdeenshire11 April 2018
Worst job of my life. Treated like a slave. Timed to clean rooms and if not clean, you have to stay back and do unpaid work. Sometimes rooms were trashed, mainly at weekends, was impossible to clean in 12 minutes. Sometimes never got a break either. Manager was an idiot.
Current
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Rather not say8 April 2018
Worthless managment. Low wages. Teams usually pretty good. although they boast on of the best company's to work for they don't look after the workers at all. The managers however stick together in their nice little world and don't care.
Pros
Cheap hypnos mattress
Cons
As above
Great environment
GROUND FLOOR TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire6 April 2018
During my time with Premier Inn, I enjoyed the atmosphere that there was for members of staff. It was great to work with such a young team and enjoy the opportunities that I was given.

However, the hours were long and there were occasions I would be in work from early in the morning until late at night.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.