Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset2 October 2017
Was a lovely work atmosphere really enjoyed my time which I spent here lovely work colleagues enjoyed working as part of a team although there are times that i worked alone which I to did enjoy
Pros
Lovely people always happy
Cons
Would never work there again
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canwick, Lincolnshire30 September 2017
Out of 20 years working I have never endured such an awful experience as I did at Canwick.

The work itself is good and could be better if the management were better at their own jobs. Despite being contracted to 16hrs, management (wrongly) attempted to use a 'varied' hours clause to force people to work extra hours and at very short notice. This particular site has a very high turnover rate of staff, some walking out without giving notice, it was so bad.

Despite management and supervisors giving themselves weekends off, there is no regard whatsoever to those who have children.Despite presenting holiday requests in good time, if they weren't rejected outright, there was always an air of resent that came across when booking them.

If the site was managed correctly, EVERYBODY would be able to have a weekend off once in a while and it could be a very pleasant working environment, as it is, I'm pleased to be out of it.
Pros
Some nice customers, worked with some good people and the work itself was good
Cons
Poor management, rota or regard for people in general. Inflexible despite requesting staff to be
Productive and fun workplace
Chef (Current Employee) –  Potters Bar, Hertfordshire27 September 2017
It`s a good place with nice people.I learned a lot of new things about the cooking.It`s a busy place and the hardest part of the job is when you don`t have enough staff in the kitchen.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less hours
good
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire27 September 2017
make beds and clean room,good job sheet,hard dargging the linen. most enjoyable part is the people I wok with. learn the Whitbread standers and how to make a hotel bed the way its meant to be done.
Pros
get help
Cons
not enough hours
It's a job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fradley26 September 2017
If You like cleaning like I do it's great but that's about where it ends u can get your job done in the morning An have the rest of the afternoon to yourself however this is reflected in the pay anyway
Pros
Run at your own pace
Cons
Boring
Interesting and enjoyable
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dover25 September 2017
Working for this hotel was very enjoyable, dealing with interesting and different people everyday on their way to or from holidays. Making sure they have the best possible stay.
Good work ethic from my team
Kitchen team member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool albert dock24 September 2017
The team i worked with are the only reason i stayed for nearly a year because we were like a family other than that everything else was very poor from management... now i am look for a challenge... around public in a customer facing role!
Pros
Great team
Cons
Terrible management, they hired staff who werent capable of there job role and left after a couple of weeks
Fun
I assisted the Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh20 September 2017
I participated on the JET Plus programme through a school placement in one of the flagship new hotels in Princes Street, Edinburgh. I assisted the Maintenance Manager in his routines around preventive maintenance and in the general care and upkeep tasks which ensure smooth operations in a successful hotel. I gained experience in essential jobs including:

• Equipment break downs and accidents in the rooms and public areas of the hotel.
• Inspections of equipment throughout the rooms, kitchens and bar areas.
Good
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 September 2017
Nice easy job to fit around young children's school hours easily, easy to access, nicely ran, good clock in and out system, enjoyed it there. Good hours
Good workplace
Ground Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 September 2017
Good workplace, nice team work, we can have free lunch, but one of the cons is that sometimes we have to stay long hours, especially when an event day is.
busy and organised
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Croydon19 September 2017
Worked in several different departments
General domestic duties such as help with the up keep of the hotel
Accounts - billing, invoicing & maintenance of existing accounts
Office duties, filing, photocopying, computer database
Deal with enquiries, give good customer service
Supervised in the Restaurant area and dealt with customers
Pros
breakfast
Cons
no work between 11 and 2
Productive and organised
Restaurant Waiter (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London18 September 2017
I worked at premier inn, in march 2017 for work experience related to my college course. It was good fun and it helped me to be organised and prepared for work. It also helped me to be punctual and hard working.
Pros
Free breakfast buffet
Cons
Very early start times
Front of house trainee (Former Employee) –  Greenford16 September 2017
I would start the day working with housekeeping which was engaging and kept me busy, I would then move to Reception at 13:00 and complete Express Check ins. There I learnt how to communicate with costumers and work in a team. The management there was Supporting and friendly, they fully explained the day to day Up keeping of the hotel and informed me on what to do in different situations. I would say the hardest part of the job was housekeeping as it was hard work however it was a good experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team they were engaging and fun to work with.
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire15 September 2017
I'm working with really lovely people. We are always with good mood, full of energy and ready for hard work.
We are dealing with guests on daily basis.
Pros
Privilege card
Cons
usually working over the weekends
Productive and fun
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex15 September 2017
We prepare the restauraunt for opening
-set up tables
-preparing the list with our specials
I've learn about team work and how to have fun and do your best for your clients
MANAGEMENT
-very close to the team , and will help you with everything
As a culture , is not so much , it's just a simply restaurant
The most enjoyable part of working here are the staff , and the clients
Pros
The free spirit
life-style orientated
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Leeds15 September 2017
the role and hours suited life-style at the time
there's not much room for progression
very limited benefits
good culture
supportive and fun colleagues
Great part time job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  York15 September 2017
Worked here part time as a housekeeper whilst studying at uni - great staff and management, hours can be short or quite longer depending on how busy it happens to be, and you get discounts on all Whitbread companies - which was a welcome thing considering the amount of Costas all over York! Fairly easy work since it's what you do in your own home anyway. Great as a part time job. Only reason I left was because I left uni - was perfectly happy there.
Pros
Good pay, undemanding hours, fairly easy work - what you would do in your own home.
Cons
Not totally keen on the uniform but hey ho
Very Energetic job, Very rewarding with regards to benefits and achieving goals
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North West15 September 2017
It is a lovely company to work for. Although it can be very physical when extremely busy the teamwork is outstanding and you are rewarded for your hard work.
Pros
good team work.
Cons
can be busy and very physical
Good people, not the greatest company
Ground Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff14 September 2017
A typical day in work consists of turning up to work , things starting slowly, typically on a week day, then i find in the site i work in there is a lot of pressure on staff to go above and beyond and personal lives are not taken into consideration. I have learnt a lot from premier inn and i have grown as a person from the two years of working there. One of the hardest things working in premier inn particularly my site is that the hours put on staff members varies dramatically, for example one week i would do 10 hours and the next i would be doing 30 hours.
I do enjoy the experience of working in a hotel, as you get to meet new people everyday, and its never the same thing every shift, which makes it more enjoyable.
Company focusing on Customer Service and Expantion
Dual Site Hotel Manager - Slough/Maidenhead (Current Employee) –  South West14 September 2017
Good company to work for, mainly focusing on increasing customer service and expanding company hotel portfolio, fast growing and easy progression to mid management roles like Assistant Operations Manager or Head Chef,.
Hard to develop to higher senior management roles as Area manager or Account Managers role, as company mostly favourite British origin managers despite of strong diversity propaganda.
Mid or Higher management role salaries are not as competitive as in other similar hotel sector.
Pros
Fast growing company - employment opportunity
Cons
Less Competitive Salary compare to other Hotel sectors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.