Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Found 1,158 reviews matching the search See all 1,202 reviews
nice and fresh company
Host (Former Employee) –  Wembley Park Station6 August 2018
Easy and smart company but very professional. I love it. Nice team and confortble hambient of job. No upselling or benefits or food is included. Just a discount of 50%.
Not a Job for me
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk6 August 2018
Was a lone worker with no support. Never got any breaks, had to make up beds for people that arrived who made a booking at reception- wasn't sure why house keeping had not already done this!!
While doing this if someone arrived in Reception they would ring a bell and you had to go and see to them as well. Very stressful at times. Especially if something went wrong, which happened frequently and you would end up with a queue of huffing people in reception who never understand the problems.
On site Manager who actually worked shifts on reception -so was never around when they were needed was brilliant but having to work reception shifts was ridiculous.
Upper Management, when they came to visit totally ignored me on reception - not very god.
Benefits were the best part of the job !!! Reduced rates in the restaurant and hotel accommodation. The rest of the staff were brilliant. Had to do a lot of lone online courses in a portal which was really boring and you don't really understand it !!
Pros
Cons
Lone worker, no Management support, very stressfull at times
Great company
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire3 August 2018
I loved working here for my work experience wish I could work here for a part time staff as all the girls were great!! Thankyou so much for teaching me everything you did
Pros
Yeah
Cons
4 hours
Run
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport3 August 2018
Job was very busy at times customers could be difficult and some of them are liars and management never believe staff always short staff and don't expect to be paid for what you work that month as they have a labour budget and if they go over it they don't pay you till the following month not good staff you work with was young but had a great rapour with made the job bearable

Expect to be investigated for any infraction and disaplined for it
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Don't expect the management to believe you or help you
great people fun place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Balsall Common2 August 2018
every day was a fun experience and met a few life long friends as well as getting all work done. will always miss working there. the hardest part of the day was having to go home :)
Pros
free lunches and cheap rooms
Cons
nothing
I would give no star if I could!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh1 August 2018
I stayed for a year at the premier inn becoming a HK supervisor first and then after a year moving to the ground floor.Housekeeping didn't have enough hours and they were forcing us to finish rooms until noon or 1 pm although we started cleaning at 9 am.Impossible!They wanted us to force housekeepers to clean faster they didnt care about high standards the only thing they wanted was to save money for the company!Ground floor experience was poor.I decided to move there for enhancing my cv but I barely had 2 shifts at the desk, the rest was breakfast and split dinner shifts.Trying to evolve didnt have any result as they have their people and their favorites from the head offices so the managers knew who was to become duty manager or assistant operations manager so I didn't stood a chance!We didn't have breaks only a 20 minute on early shift that they were deducting from payment as they were giving us breakfast..Some times the buffet was empty because breakfast was busy and people were eating everything so nothing was left for stuff kitchen didnt want to cook for us extra.Avoid there are better hotels like Apex or even smaller chains..
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Bad hours, no breaks, false promises for hours
It was fun workplace
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emgland30 July 2018
Its a fun and a welcome place to work and you make good friends and it keeps you on your toes a lot dkksxcdkxkckdkxkkkskdkdrkrdcfk. Kdk kd. MDM MD. Msm MD. Mdmfkdk
Pros
Make yoyr own food
Cons
Half a dah wlrm
rubbish
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead30 July 2018
worse place ive worked and wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy, they want blood from a stone. I did learn new skills but only because i was thrown in at deep end and had no choice but to struggle and learn
work
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Sidcup30 July 2018
i learnt how to set tables how to answer phone calls how to take people orders and what the standards need to be for the guests and what the rooms needed to look like.
Fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 July 2018
My typical day at work was waking up and going into work for a few hours and I cleaned up for people to come and have an enjoyable stay in the premier inn I also faced new challenges and also cleaned up to the hotels best ability I loved working in the premier inn I meet new people and learned how to communicate with new people
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
No cons I loved my job
very tiring
Management (Former Employee) –  Uk21 July 2018
I worked for almost a year as part of the management at hub by premier inn.
Initially it seemed to be a very good job. But as time went on it became apparent that one thing is most important- profit margin. Myself and the rest of the lower management team were worked into the ground. Heavy manual work, the least amount of staff on shift possible, unrealistic targets and very low hourly rate for our responsibilities. I don't blame my manager(s), I blame the business model and the necessity for the management to stick religiously to it to save their self, their bonuses (which at my level I wasn't entitled to) and the possibility of them climbing the ladder.
Sometimes I would go seven or eight weeks without a weekend day off and often had to stay behind after my shift to finish essential work.
Not for me.
fish bowl of immature nonsense
Bartender (Former Employee) –  London15 July 2018
management poor, staff poor. it's like a mini version of high school. everyone complains about everyone else whilst being part of the problem. unenjoyable.
Great Team and Wonderful Experience
Receptionist and Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 July 2018
Nice place to work, the staff are lovely . I learned a lot in 2 years time. Lots of chance to develop yourself and move on. The hotel is in central london.
Greedy management
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire13 July 2018
I have worked at premier Inn for a number of years now and unless you have a degree and your on graduate training programme, your unlikely to progress within the company. Management show no intrest in developing staff as this does not increase their bonus.
Wonderful staff but management are solely bonus driven and will happily throw staff under a bus to hit targets, I.E cut hours,reduce staff numbers etc
Premier Inn would be a good stepping stone job but not a career choice. Only take a job here if you have no other options but don't expect much apart from being overworked and undervalued.
Pros
Good staff.
Cons
Bonus driven management.
Ok
Housekeeper, Waitress and Bartender (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom11 July 2018
Really flexible to work for, they can easily accommodate change of job requests if they are reasonable and will do all they can. I enjoyed working for them for over a couple of years and left due to wanting career progression within a different field.
Best job for growth and independence and fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London11 July 2018
This to date was one of my fav jobs, i was very young and it was my first job but i was able to gain good money and was given a decent amount of responsibility. I worked morning shift into lunch which meant i was done by lunch and had all the time in the world for a personal life. loved it! wished i had worked there longer
great location
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Birmingham10 July 2018
same jobs day in day out
not structured training plans
management is poor and they delegate most work to shift managers
hardest part of the job sometimes is dealing with difficult guests but I like to see this as a challenge of good customer service
Pros
benefits, discounts and location
Cons
part time staff dont seen to progress
brilliant company
Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  sandiway9 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for premier inn all the staff were lovely and was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my role, I loved the fact you were set your target for the day and then left to complete. Full training and support was given when needed.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
not high rates of pay
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk9 July 2018
A pleasant job but a lot of repetition. If you got caught with the 3-11pm shift it would take away from your own free time. Part time workers would take extra hours out of choice but there contracts were never increased.
Pros
knew your rota a month ahead
Cons
minimum salary
Good Employer
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 July 2018
Flexible working hours, great team and management - Career progression encouraged and supported. All in all an excellent place to work. Salary expectations met
Pros
Free meals
Cons
unsocial hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.