Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Productive and ideal work environment.
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitstable30 May 2018
Rountine and daily tasks make the job enjoyable and easy to adjust to whilst also having enough variety and spontaneous events that you are never bored or left without anything to do. Enjoyable job and great staff to work with, very friendly and helpful should any problems or possible miscommunications occur.
Poor Salary For What Is Expected.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Hull25 May 2018
Constantly changing the 'goal posts' with targets etc.
Total responsibility for my hotel.. Assistant Managers in other Areas earning more and managers with less rooms in their hotel on higher salary... Travelodge here I come.
Pros
Few
Cons
Many
Fun and fast paced.
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Kew Gardens24 May 2018
I spent every morning for a week waitressing, then in the after noon, I went on reception twice, then housekeeping and then maintenance. I learned a lot, some includes that cutlery has to be turned a certain way and how to explain stuff to customers and also how to deal with difficulty with online bookings. All of the staff was welcoming and helped me with open arms when needed to, the hardest part of the job was having to leave.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Long hoiurs
very productive
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands23 May 2018
It has increased my IT knowledge with how to manage a website, I also has helped me with working as a team.
I think I did well in time managing, so I always came in time and never been late.
NIGHT RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Woolwich23 May 2018
Premier Inn is a professional and demanding environment to work in, where you face new guests everyday, making them feel welcomed. The shift pattern tends to be 8 hour shifts and the day to day activities make this feel quicker. the hardest part about the job is working anti-social hours (11pm to 7am), the best part about the job is dealing with the guests.
Negative Workplace
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Prestwich, Greater Manchester23 May 2018
Poor management at that time, unprofessional and a nightmare to work at. Could have changed since my day there.

Complaints were never handled effectively, there was always an issue on a daily basis. No day ran smoothly.
Fun place to work for
Night Porter (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, Dorset22 May 2018
Great place to work for, with great expects, easy to progress with the company and also always help if needed. Really nice company to work for with support from management
Pros
great place to work for
Cons
n/a
I was only here on work experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southwark, Greater London21 May 2018
team was great, felt very welcome and at home instantly. thoroughly enjoyed all of it. was a quiet branch so did get very boring towards the end of the day though
good workplace
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Thetford17 May 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Premier Inn. I was put through an apprenticeship which was fantastic and trained in housekeeping as well as my main role as a receptionist. The team at the time were friendly and helpful and I worked closely with the restaurant staff which was nice.
Lack of social life and support
Duty manager/F&B Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reading16 May 2018
Is not a place where you go up by working but by other means. Hard matching this job with your social life unless you do a morning shift and still you can't organize your week. Being a duty manager(host), they want from you everything without giving you anything.
productive and fun workplace
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Earls Court15 May 2018
They treated me like family on the first day, they showed me around the hotel as their was 2 hotels that was joined into one as both of them were on each side of the road. I was able to meet the staff and who was in charge of each area within the hotel.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
waiting around mostly
very professional environment with customer care at its heart.
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire15 May 2018
enjoyed working here. I enjoyed the variety and customer care. The team were very young and could have benefited from some maturity but was lively and good team ethos.
Pros
near home
Cons
unsociable hours
Excellent Job
HouseKeeper Agust2012 (Former Employee) –  London15 May 2018
The Premier Inn Hotel ,Was a best job in my life , the team workd
together.I was happy with them and with my Boss.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good Hours
Ok if your in wirh the crowd
Hotel Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Falkirk14 May 2018
I have worked with the same company for eighteen years and just do not feel like part of the team now and would like to try something else. Good place if you want job security.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No flexability
nice workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 May 2018
my work placement went quite well learnt a lot but did have a few set backs due to team moral was low and severely understaffed but was not recruiting anyone
Pros
free drinks
Cons
poor team moral + understaffed
Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire11 May 2018
I worked here for work experience and i learn many skills including receptionist work like sorting room keys out and booking in guests and working with house keeping to fill in room vacancies.
Very fast pace and productive
Receptionist and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Euston11 May 2018
During my time at the Premier inn I worked as a waitress and when around cleaning up after customers and talking to them making sure their meal was okay,I also was taught how to book in dinner reservations and how to take payment. During other days I was on reception checking people in , greeting customers and assuring they had a good and well planned day ahead.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Very short break
Happy work environment
Nights Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Suffolk11 May 2018
During the time I spent there I met some lovely people. The horse racing season brought some great characters into the establishment and seeing people after a pleasant stay made it worth working for the company
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
Lon hours
meet new people
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge8 May 2018
set up the bar do all your stock check make sure cellar is clean.
i learnt how to deal with new people from different cultures.
management can be good there but some managers there can be very favatertism and unfair. in the work place its got 4 members of staff who are English 2 polish rest from romaina which is over 27 members. hardest part the job was getting the hours i needed. best part is u can learn about other cultures.
Pros
free drinks on shift
Cons
no hours unfair managament
Front of House
Receptionist / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames7 May 2018
Working with the company was good friendly staff but had to take up hotel job since didnt have UK experience. Working hours were on shifts. People working were from different countries and culture.
Entertainment for all staff upon achieving targets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.