Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Whitstable2 November 2017
Staff are rude and do not help you when you need it. No air conditioning which made it extremely difficult to work in hot conditions yet was shouted at when we didn't finish on time due to this.
i would not recommend working at premier inn.
Pros
Cons
Rude staff, no air con
A good job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock1 November 2017
A typical day was team gathering in the linen room and waiting for everyone to arrive before being given list of rooms by housekeeper.Then you would attend the linen closet closest to your first room and pull out work trolley with all your items such as teas coffees milks linen towels to replace in rooms.Also grab linen bag for dirty linen.usually around 25 min per room for a double,longer for family rooms.cleaning empty bins replenish tea etc.Strip beds .Make beds.dust.clean bathroom to high standard.hoover.Tea break around 10.30 then back to finish rooms.end of shift restock linen trolley and tie up linen bags.Put bins out.Washing machine goes on for cloths.Then keys go back before swiping and signing out.
Pros
rewards for being best on trip adviser.
Cons
Difficult to get to if you dont drive, Hanging around waiting sometimes for rooms to vacate as checkouts at 12, Dont know when you will finish due to 12 oclock checkout.
Brilliant company overall
Receptionist/bar/restaurant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne28 October 2017
Worked here for three years, i started when my daughter was nearly 3 months old. surprisingly the work life balance was good and i got plenty of quality time with my daughter. The pay was good and plenty of training. i got change to do all of my qualifications in hospitality which has helped me greatly. Some of the management were too young in my opinion.
Pros
brilliant staff, actually enjoyed going to work
Cons
Never managed to finish on time
fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge26 October 2017
It was a nice environment to work and the colleagues and boss were very friendly and welcoming when I joint. I would definitely recommend working here as it was a fun experience to develop different types of skills as there are different areas to work in.
Pros
free hot drinks, more than one break
Good company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset25 October 2017
The company is not only a great starting point for people but also a great place in order to succeed and grow within the company. There are many opportunities and the team members are amazing.
Excellent place to work
Receptionist/Front of house Team Member (Current Employee) –  Crewe24 October 2017
Best place i have ever worked. Management are fantastic and very supportive. If you want to progress then Manager will help you do that. Great job satisfaction and appreciation.
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
wages could be better
Good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 October 2017
Good to work at and enjoyed working here, nice and friendly staff with an interesting and motivating job. Helped me manage time effectively and balance school and work life.
Pros
Motivating
Cons
Boring
Premier Inn
Nights reception/security/bar assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 October 2017
Amazing place to work and with a great team, that truly value guest service. I have worked here for 2 years now. I have always been made to feel welcome and feel like i have new friends rather than work colleagues.
Staff make or break a job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire18 October 2017
Working alone you can just get on with it. You are expected to do a lot in such a short amount of time. Very repetitive work and not a lot of hours going for those who want them.
Head housekeeper has her favourites and some get treated better than others. Poor management, no one is interested if you have a problem.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not much time off during Christmas
ok place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cornwall18 October 2017
again very hard work and my supervisor was lovely but found the rest of the staff not so friendly all family members and was hard long days and full on work
Pros
discount
Cons
long day
High expectations
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire16 October 2017
The job it's self was fine but the time in which to complete tasks was crazy. They treated you like a robot. It was a labourous job with very little support on time management. The team were looking out for them selves with no team work ethics.
Pros
Discounted prices on use of facilities
Cons
Very short breaks
great staff
chamber maid room attendant (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 October 2017
friendly staff and good company to work for but not enough staff for all the work plenty of overtime and good training and discounts offers.they train and look after there staff well they give you the chance to progress to other jobs around the hotel but hard work for a room attendant
Pros
you can learn new jobs in the hotel industry
Cons
not enough staff in housekeeping
fun
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside11 October 2017
great place to work plenty room for development - many hotels in this chain and more being built every month therefore job security is very high and no scare of losing yiour job
enjoyable
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate11 October 2017
start with grouping in laundry room office to told wich sections
cleaning standards
management always there to help
happy environment
most enjoyable:working with good staff
productive easygoing
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead10 October 2017
to apply for this job use a computer otherwise you may have trouble getting paid for a little while otherwise great people to work with and hours are decent
Pros
free food at the end of the shift (morning shift only)
Cons
difficult enrolment system, management not fully trained with enrolment system
mixed feelings
Host (Current Employee) –  Suffolk9 October 2017
Could potentially be a good company to work for but only if you're friends with the right people. I'll be expected to work hard with little support from management.
Can have its ups and downs like any other work place
Hotel Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire4 October 2017
I have been working with this company for over a year now and the hours work well with my family life style but unfortunately i cant get the hours im looking for anymore.
Pros
Half hour breakfast break optional.
Cons
Still not able to progress after a year and a half of working for the company.
Productive and fun work place
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset2 October 2017
Was a lovely work atmosphere really enjoyed my time which I spent here lovely work colleagues enjoyed working as part of a team although there are times that i worked alone which I to did enjoy
Pros
Lovely people always happy
Cons
Would never work there again
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canwick, Lincolnshire30 September 2017
Out of 20 years working I have never endured such an awful experience as I did at Canwick.

The work itself is good and could be better if the management were better at their own jobs. Despite being contracted to 16hrs, management (wrongly) attempted to use a 'varied' hours clause to force people to work extra hours and at very short notice. This particular site has a very high turnover rate of staff, some walking out without giving notice, it was so bad.

Despite management and supervisors giving themselves weekends off, there is no regard whatsoever to those who have children.Despite presenting holiday requests in good time, if they weren't rejected outright, there was always an air of resent that came across when booking them.

If the site was managed correctly, EVERYBODY would be able to have a weekend off once in a while and it could be a very pleasant working environment, as it is, I'm pleased to be out of it.
Pros
Some nice customers, worked with some good people and the work itself was good
Cons
Poor management, rota or regard for people in general. Inflexible despite requesting staff to be
Productive and fun workplace
Chef (Current Employee) –  Potters Bar, Hertfordshire27 September 2017
It`s a good place with nice people.I learned a lot of new things about the cooking.It`s a busy place and the hardest part of the job is when you don`t have enough staff in the kitchen.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.