Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Fit, fast work but worth it...
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Banbury1 February 2018
In the morning you receive your task sheet and set rooms to clean.
Go and get trolley ready for the day with the essentials. Also double check you have everything before leaving stock room.

Clean guests rooms to a high standard and pay attention to detail.
Work fast and effectively. You will need to be fit for this job as you work fast, push a heavy trolley and change alot of beds ;).

The job is rewarding though, the staff and guests are all very friendly.

Also management sets up many staff parties and also free which is a bonus....
Pros
Friendly staff and guests. Parties and enjoyable
Cons
Working fast and heavy trolley and duvets.
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough1 February 2018
I loved working here, it has a lovely friendly atmosphere, I spent a good few years of my life cleaning rooms here, I would work for premier inn again given half the chance, they always knew that to get a high score in audits you needed to put the work in to achieve it
Pros
Discount on food and drink
Poor management
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex29 January 2018
I was invited along for a trial on the night duty . Was relieved at 3am in the morning which was shocking as I was a young female , was told management would call me to see how my trial shift went .. I’m still waiting for the call to date
Good, Nice people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chichester29 January 2018
really learned a lot working there, met loads of lovely people that I got to work with everyone was very close, pay is very good, get great rewards out of working there.
Pros
breaks paid for
Fun and passes time
Chamber Maid (Former Employee) –  Crawley28 January 2018
I worked here for almost a year on a temporary basis. i found my role exciting at times, the job was new everyday meeting a variety of characters. Can be demanding. but overall good job. only issue is i could never find staff or management capable of speaking fluent English. this is at over 123 locations visited
Pros
beefeater discount card
Cons
demanding, foreign company as every premier inn visited could never find staff who spoke fluent english
Good work experience but...
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Weston super mare28 January 2018
Good work experience but was told I would find out about all areas of the career but only got to do cleaning. The managed in the one in Weston wasn’t in 3 out of the 5 days I was there. And she didn’t no what to do with me. I got on well with an older lady of the cleaning staff but the others were quite unfriendly.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Everything else
Duty Nights manager
Duty Manager nights (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton26 January 2018
A well structured company to work for,great company benefits and good work life balance. Learnt alot,guest relations, finance, team player,first aid,fire trained.
miserable
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham24 January 2018
Operations and Assistant Operation Managers only care about their bonuses and don't put the hotel needs first. You are left with minimum stock and glassware behind the bar as don't want to order things to save more money to enhance their bonus, They don't care about your social life and expect you to drop anything and turn up at work when needed. Used to be a nice place to work until a change of management.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
no social life
Good, simple job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sale, Greater Manchester23 January 2018
As soon as you finished your assigned rooms you can leave I guess this is good so you don’t have to stay till the time your suppose to. How ever this might not be good when you have a lot of rooms to do.
Pros
Discount on lots of stuff
Cons
Tiring and hard when you have a lot of rooms to do.
Short hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pontefract22 January 2018
Not long hours, Good pay, Can be hard some days. Nice working environment. Good if you like to work alone and not as a team. Discount on Turnpike food after 2 month
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard working job
Work experience at Premier Inn
Hotel Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough20 January 2018
Everyday I worked there was a busy day. If I was helping some staff with the rooms it was busy and if I was assisting my manager it was also busy but I enjoyed it even thou I never got paid. The people at Premiere Inn are great fun and hard workers especially the staff clearing the rooms because from experience I can say it is very hard work.
Pros
Home early
Cons
Very hard work
Great colleagues fun place to work
Linen Porter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 January 2018
I enjoyed my time working in Premier inn Lovely people and a comfortable work environment not enough hours so I felt they lacked in offering me stability.
great job, not nice inline manager
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Norwich19 January 2018
started job great, inline manager didnt do training properly as and when, threw me in 7 days for a couple of weeks, her attitude was horrible...premier inn is a lovely place to work though
Pros
working for premier inn
Cons
not trainned straight aways, no explainning all by inline manager
Res Center
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire19 January 2018
typical day at work just being on the phone helping guests with inquiries, very hard when it busy around summer time can get frustrating not being able to breathe on the phone but around christmas time very quiet and relaxed. incentives which are really enjoyable and help you work the extra mile to earn some extra money. overall a good place to work with good people.
Pros
Lovely people in office
Cons
High call volumes
good team
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Kingswood18 January 2018
good team to work with , learning opportunities available if you want to expand your career in the company physically demanding job, working week is on a rota schedule
Professionally and personally a wonderful place
Groundfloor staff (Former Employee) –  London18 January 2018
This was my first job in London and I could not have been happier. Genuinely finding people that care about the mission and purpose of their workplace but still fill it with their own individual touch alongside making it fun for guests and colleagues alike is a rare gem.

This place is something for good. Everyone is helpful and listens to anything and you will make friends just by the nature of it all.

Great management with fantastic ideals and ideas for the future course as well as great colleagues with that twinkle in their eye towards what they are building for their life.

It was only a mere two months but I have made such good memories that I cannot mourn my moving on from this.

Work at premier inn and you will have a good one. That is assured.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fair management, fantastic volunteer opportunities
Cons
Besides having to scrap dirty plates, nothing comes to mind.
fun workplace
Receptionist, housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Liverpool17 January 2018
A typical day at Premier Inn would be stripping beds and getting taught how to make them in a professional way also cleaning bathrooms to customers standards.
Basic work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London17 January 2018
Unreliable pay as you didn't know how many rooms you were going to get. Also I got under paid a few times when I was working for the company. When I asked for work they said they didn't have work for me but the other employers worked for the day. I got less rooms to clean than the other workers there.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Low pay, unrealiable pay
Great team and support
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire16 January 2018
A great working environment and supporting team to work with.i worked here as work experience so didn’t resive a salary however I know that the job requires hard work and an active person, I really enjoyed my experience here and hope to work for them in the future.
I wouldn't work for Premier Inn again
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roath16 January 2018
I dont like the work environment. I felt there was no room for progression. However management was fantastic and made it worth sticking around for the amount of time that i did.
Pros
Cons
alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.