Premier Inn Employee Reviews

okay
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands6 March 2018
This company does not offer enough promotional opportunities. Require flexible hours that suit the company and not you. Before apply be aware of the allocated hours as they will eat into sociable hours.
Worst Place I have ever worked
Breakfast Assistant (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall4 March 2018
Bad management, never seemed to be enough staff wages were always incorrect. Training no one seemed to check if you had done your training. The manger hid away in the kitchen as things were going wrong out front.
Pros
Can’t think of one
Cons
Great coffee
My time at Premier (not) Inn
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire3 March 2018
Typical day was half the shift too little to do and the other half too much to do, depending whether you were on the early or late. The rota was unfair as it was supposed to be shared between 3 of us, my colleague had all mornings and got out of work on time, I had 6 months of late shifts and always going over my time and regularly finishing between Midnight and 01:00 in the morning when my shift finished at 23:00.
Too few staff on shift during busy periods and loads of staff in when the senior managers were running the shift.
Senior Managers hardly left the office and only came out to criticize. All training was self taught and with no validation from the managers.
Pros
cold left over breakfasts
Cons
Bad managers, poor planners, low pay, high management expectaion
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Harpole2 March 2018
Friendly and compliant staff, lovely customers. Good reviews. clean and tidy hotel.
Flexible within reasonable hours and holidays
Good management
Reasonable pay
Good training process
Overall good
Nights Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Liverpool Albert Dock1 March 2018
The benefits for working at the Premier Inn are great. Management doesn't really understand the effects of mental health vary from person to person and don't really show any sympathy when you have an episode.
Its the type of job where you either love it or hate it. I started to like it, until the management changed that and now, I am unhappy working there. Everyone is different, so, don't take my word for it. It's up to you to make up your own mind about it.
Pros
Discounts and benefits
Nice Job
Linen Porter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 February 2018
I really enjoy working there. But the management they very rude with the staff. I have been working 12 hours out of 12 home. Yeah very strange rota. But overall busy place with nice people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Disrespectuful
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham City Centre, Durham27 February 2018
Totally unprofessional
wouldn't recommend
Staff now in managerial roles having RELATIONS with guests in the rooms is unacceptable
complete discrimination and uncooperative with personal circumstances
Not enough to do
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Petersfield27 February 2018
Considering you are first point of contact, I found there was not enough to do and found the time went so slowly. I feel as though I could have been trained better and that the person training me at the time did not actually want to be there therefore rushing everything and not giving me the training I really needed.
Good place to progress
Bartender/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Earls Court23 February 2018
I had an enjoyable time working there and learnt a lot from my peers. I got this job through college work experience, and was given a job three days into a weeks work experience. Out of the four people who had work experience at the same time I was the only one offered a permanent role. Due to having a proactive attitude towards a job.

The longer I was there the more responsiblitiy I was given. I stopped working there as the hours started conflicting with my studies.
Pros
Uniform was provided
Cons
Conflicting hours with studies
really fun and nice staff
[Housekeeper] / Premier inn (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly22 February 2018
i really enjoyed it i had to make sure that the rooms were ready for the guests to arrive by making sure that the rooms are clean and tidy and make sure they have the right amount of tea coffees cups and glasses as well. the management was really kind and helpful as well and they were really nice to talk to and got along with
Pros
free teas and coffee
Productive and efficient
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Elgin, Moray22 February 2018
Great place to work friendly environment staff are always helpful as is the guests such a nice place to stay everything is spotless and all feedback is taken in to use in future
Fun team work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Yeovil East21 February 2018
I’m a hard working person who loves to do the best I can .I do my job list to the best of my ability and love the rewards of seeing how well I can do .
Pros
Character building
Cons
Long days when busy
poor salary, hard work
Deputy Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 February 2018
good environment, friendy people, hard working, good and fair rules, people treated fairly and were made to feel welcome .good reviews and feedback, good management
Terrible manager bully
Reception (Former Employee) –  Ulverston, Cumbria19 February 2018
Started at the new one in ulverston. Part of 30 new starters. After two three weeks I left, so had over 10% of the original 30
I was picked at and could never do anything right for my manager. We were TOLD to do things instead of Asked!
The contracts suck too as you can't have another job along side it. Last minute staying too almost every shift I did. God help anyone with kids or commitment
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
Short notice rota. Nasty managers
Fun but not for me
Receptionist and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire18 February 2018
I worked all over the hotel from reception to cleaning and even to waiting tables. The overall working experience was very good it’s a fun place to work and you meet new people everyday.
Pros
Fun
Cons
You must be very flexible
Premier Inn
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire13 February 2018
Hours weren't great. never felt appreciated. hard work and not enough money. Didn't really get enough support from management.
staff were great and really friendly
One of the industry leaders
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 February 2018
Good company to work for but it is going through a lot of restructuring which doesn't give great job security. Also work life balance is poor for a manager. On call 24 hours a day and if someone calls in sick you have to cover it yourself.
Pros
Good benefits, discounts etc
Cons
Constant restructuring, work life balance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 February 2018
Loved working part of a team and also on my own , i have great communication skills as i was the one communicating with our guest as most of all the other housekeepers were polish but i enjoyed it as i like meeting and speaking to new and diffrent people
Pros
Discounts on diffrent placez
Cons
Didn't help me work around my kids
Treated like dirt
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire7 February 2018
This company treats its staff like dirt. If there are any problems management will come down on you like a ton of bricks.
Casual racism from management is also unbelievable.
The management higher up look down on you and speak to you like they just stepped in you.
The other members of the team were lovely, just expect to be seen as a second class citizen by everyone else.
Pros
Going home and getting paid
Cons
Too many to mention here
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Chester6 February 2018
Brilliant place to work
Loved all the staff they were like family
Everyone was friendly and always had a laugh
Hard work sometimes but loves every minute of it
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
No lift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.