Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Found 1,100 reviews matching the search See all 1,142 reviews
I liked it a lot.
Receptionist & Bartender (Former Employee) –  Banbury18 June 2018
It is alright if money is not the most important factor for you. You can learn a lot, can get certifications and move within the company with time but you really need to be passionate about hospitality, otherwise it doesn't worth it in the long run.
Comfortable environment
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  London17 June 2018
I'd work in the kitchen in the morning by helping out with cleaning and arranging cutlery. After a couple of hours, I will be help with welcoming customers to breakfast. Later in the day, I will work at the reception where I answered phone calls and booked customers into rooms. The most enjoyable part was to work at the reception as I was able to communicate with other people who were seeking for help.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
always standing
Learn as much as you can whilst there
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Croydon14 June 2018
Use this job as an opportunity to learn everything about the internal workings of a hotel. People go to university to study something you can learn whilst being paid.

Learn reception, night audits, cashing up and bartending. Good place to work and okay money.

Work varies in difficulty depending on how busy the hotel is.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Unclear breaks
Good shifts
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Doncaster14 June 2018
The shifts i was given was very good. some long days but alright to handle. If you've got the right team you'll get through the day with great teamwork.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Hardwork, Busy.
Productive and great place to work
Housekeeping Team Leader (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire14 June 2018
Absolutely loved my job as Housekeeping Team Leader at PI! Only thing was mamanger returned from maternity and was awful and pushed me out and struggled to get housekeepers for the wage.

The wage has since gone up drastically. Would love to go back, was a fab hotel with great staff team apart from the manager at the time.
Pros
energetic happy team
Cons
poor management, low wage
Customer friendly
New Opening Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  London13 June 2018
A very good company to work with. Takes good care of employee and customers. Focus on guest is their major mantra. Budget price but star service provider
Fun at times
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  York11 June 2018
Management are making the job impossible apparently coming from h/o but who knows.
It has been fun at times and the girls are great but there are no pros to working here.offer a lot but deliver little in career advancement.
Cons
No advancement at all
Rewarding work place
Housekeeping Team Member (Current Employee) –  Southend10 June 2018
I enjoy working here, i take pride in the work i do, Staff are really nice to work with, lots of benefits with this job. The job is hard/tiring but i enjoy all of it.
Pros
Nice staff, benefits, you can go on to diferent departments
Cons
hard work and tiring
Great company to work for
Head Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Derby10 June 2018
The most important part of the job is the guest journey. We love to see guests happy. The teams work very hard. Housekeeping is hard work, but with the right team it's made easier.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Housekeeping is hard work.
New learning experience everyday
breakfast staff (Former Employee) –  London9 June 2018
When working on the floor during breakfast time at premier inn, I encountered a lot of different people each day from different parts of the world. I enjoyed speaking and serving these people. My workmates were also friendly and we had good teamwork. At first, I was shy and closed but this job helped me open up.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons

Want to know more about Premier Inn?

Ask a question
No work/life balance
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  England8 June 2018
I worked as a Reception team member, progressing to Operations Manager within a relatively short space of time. The company’s labour model is seriously flawed - minimal staffing meaning most sites are only allowed one member of staff on shift at a time, so if someone is sick or has a family emergency etc it is a nightmare to get cover - Team members are constantly being asked to cover on their days off (at other sites too) and the OMs constantly have to go in on their days off/holiday to cover. Senior management don’t care. They are constantly squeezing from labour, they need to realise it isn’t sustainable. Lots of team members leave because of the pressures - they are expected to be accountable duty managers, work alone and yet get team member pay, and then OMs are getting fed up with being short staffed and having no work/life balance. I loved working for PI to begin with but it’s not the same company it was.
Pros
Higher than NMW pay, discount across Whitbread
Cons
Lone working, minimal staffing, senior management
Hard and long
Linen porter, kitchen porter and housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London7 June 2018
My experience in premier inn wasn't so good at all. I was caring heavy stuff. Inside porter place was windy and cold. Management was ok. The most enjoyable part of the job was friendly people.
Good job
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central7 June 2018
Good job, great colleagues, good management and always the chance to progress with the apprenticeship scheme whilst working full time. Promotions come quite easily if you work hard and show your dedicated.
Pros
meet great people, good management, decent ages.
Cons
may have to work last minute if there is an unplanned event.
Always helped to achieve your best.
Nightshift Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife6 June 2018
Typical day at work consists of dealing with guests, often without support from colleagues (hotels with fewer than 100 rooms only have one receptionist on at a time). Though this does massively boost your confidence.
Pros
up to 50% off rooms
Cons
often solitary working conditions
Fun company, but requires a lot of dedication.
FRONT OF HOUSE TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Guildford6 June 2018
Whitbread is a great company for those that wish to develop and carve a career within hospitality. A reshuffle of management brought uncomfortable changes to my work/life balance and my concerns were often ignored by management, leading me to feel as if I were just another a number on a spreadsheet to them.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex4 June 2018
On a daily basis I will go around and speak to everyone on site, complete room checks, respond to emails and chase up maintenance issues, as well as ensuring all of our guests are catered to, to the best of our ability.

Since making the switch from to Premier Inn, I have learnt so much about myself because in Premier Inn you have more time to spend with your team as a leader rather than a manager.

I love interacting with people from all different walks of life from all over the world, but at the same time that is the most challenging thing about the role. So many different personalities and backgrounds, you have to really take the time to communicate clearly to everyone.
good fun
Receptionist and Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charing Cross4 June 2018
Work at charing cross for premier in was my bad experience. people who work as housekeeping or supervisor for housekeeping was really bad . never again
Pros
reception
Cons
everything
receptionist
Receptionist, Barmaid and Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 June 2018
A typical day is busy working in different areas of the business.
I learned how to work in all the different roles and how to transfer and develop all my skills
cleaner
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Shields31 May 2018
it was really busy everyday
how do to house keeping jobs better
NA
everyone was happy and open armed about everything
making beds and that
making new friemds
Pros
lunch
Cons
busy days
Productive and ideal work environment.
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitstable30 May 2018
Rountine and daily tasks make the job enjoyable and easy to adjust to whilst also having enough variety and spontaneous events that you are never bored or left without anything to do. Enjoyable job and great staff to work with, very friendly and helpful should any problems or possible miscommunications occur.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.