Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Pretty awful place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire12 April 2018
Working as a housekeeper for this company is similar to being a slave!!
You get a list of rooms before you start which varies on how many people are staying in the hotel. Some days you have so many rooms you physically cannot keep to time limits. The time limits are ridiculous enough but managers don’t consider constant trips to linens rooms for top ups, your break, reject linen.. meaning you mostly run over your finish time. It’s far too much pressure and don’t forget your pay every month fluctuates.
As for hygiene, we are taught to use our coloured cloths for certain things but to use the same cloths again back over another room..? Not good!!!!
Never been so under appreciated in a job like the one for premier inn. Unless you’re management of some sort then people really don’t give a flying.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Too many
Good Company - Current changes not great for moral
There (Current Employee) –  Oxford11 April 2018
Company overall are good to work for, shame about the change in management and the current focus on where it is heading - sadly not the company i joined,
Overall
Deputy manager (Former Employee) –  Malvern, Worcestershire11 April 2018
Miss the crew i worked with but went through four managers since it opened and felt as though the staff got forgotten about even though we were the ones who made the hotel work!

Just felt used and not appreciated
Pros
the work friendships
Cons
late and long hours
Slave labour.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Westhill, Aberdeenshire11 April 2018
Worst job of my life. Treated like a slave. Timed to clean rooms and if not clean, you have to stay back and do unpaid work. Sometimes rooms were trashed, mainly at weekends, was impossible to clean in 12 minutes. Sometimes never got a break either. Manager was an idiot.
Current
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Rather not say8 April 2018
Worthless managment. Low wages. Teams usually pretty good. although they boast on of the best company's to work for they don't look after the workers at all. The managers however stick together in their nice little world and don't care.
Pros
Cheap hypnos mattress
Cons
As above
Great environment
GROUND FLOOR TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire6 April 2018
During my time with Premier Inn, I enjoyed the atmosphere that there was for members of staff. It was great to work with such a young team and enjoy the opportunities that I was given.

However, the hours were long and there were occasions I would be in work from early in the morning until late at night.
not a good work/life balance.
Ground Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Suffolk4 April 2018
I worked in Premier Inn for around 18 months. Some parts of the job were a lot of fun and I got a long well with other staff members which made shifts more enjoyable.
However towards the end of my time working for Premier Inn a lot of staff members left leaving the site short staffed meaning that I would be doing split shifts on saturdays and sundays and working in the evenings during the week leaving me with no social life which made me very unhappy which is why I decided to leave as I didnt find managers when I would try to talk to them about less weekend shifts very helpful.
steady away
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull3 April 2018
a good job if you like time to yourself. very quiet, nice people. work is not too difficult but training does not extend to emergency situations, for example, an alarm going off and not knowing what to do.
Very good
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire29 March 2018
Very good I loved this job, unfortunately I made a wrong decision over family disagreement so i only worked for 10 weeks but its very good, highly recommended
The Best Employers I have worked for.
Hotel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool28 March 2018
I can't speak any higher of the staff, from housekeeping to management everyone shared the common goal of making the hotel the best it could be. The salary was excellent and the work felt meaningful and provided the chance to interact with guests in a friendly and gratifying way.
Pros
High Salary, Abundance of Shifts, Opportunity to work at other branches.
Fun
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire28 March 2018
I enjoyed the time i was at premier inn as work experience. All the staff was helpful and explained everything me me and helped me. I felt like i acheved a lot and i liked to see other people and i like working on my own and as apart of a team. I enjoyed working on reception aswell customers made me feel welcome.
busy hotel
Ground Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear27 March 2018
Everyday is different and no two guests are the same.
work patterns vary. so it is hard to have a planned life. shifts are on a rota and sometimes change depending on sickness.
What I Learnt
Housekeeper / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwich26 March 2018
I learnt a lot about the company in the 2 weeks i completed work experience with them. I learnt how to communicate with customers better, as well as ways to make the customers happy.
productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  manchester dentob26 March 2018
from my experience i like to be kept busy
learned till work, customer service and handling food
hardest part would be how busy it gets but it kept me occupied
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Reception Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London23 March 2018
I cannot say anything good about this place and the company itself.

Poor management, staff being underpaid, not even a good work/life balance, due to the late shifts.

Modern version of slavery.
good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bishop Auckland20 March 2018
really enjoyed working here nice friendly atmosphere lovely restaurant next to it proper family place was gutted when I had to hand my notice in due to family issues
Pros
nice friendly place
Hardworking, Productive, Friendly
RECEPTIONIST AND HOUSE KEEPING (Former Employee) –  Blackpool16 March 2018
I was put here on a placement for work experience and I really enjoyed gaining the experience that I had when I left. The reasons being that I was taught how to do things by respectful and patient people which I was happy about and also that everyone who worked there all worked together as a team and helped each other out.
interesting meeting new people
Apprenticeship - hospitality (Former Employee) –  Kingswinford16 March 2018
good for people leaving school who would like to do a hospitality apprenticeship but for me I never had the chance to progress past that so I wouldn't personally recommend.
Pros
50% off meals while on duty
Cons
late then earlies you barely get any sleep
great workplace
Host (Duty Manager) (Former Employee) –  London14 March 2018
Great management team, knows how to talk and get a long with the team in order to get the most out of them. Premier Inn allows you to expand knowledge and they happily help you.
Great place to work and grow
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne13 March 2018
I cant fault Premier Inn as an employer. Fantastic place to work and the advancement opportunities are always there. The benefits are great and the pay isnt bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.