Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Good, simple job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sale, Greater Manchester23 January 2018
As soon as you finished your assigned rooms you can leave I guess this is good so you don’t have to stay till the time your suppose to. How ever this might not be good when you have a lot of rooms to do.
Pros
Discount on lots of stuff
Cons
Tiring and hard when you have a lot of rooms to do.
Short hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pontefract22 January 2018
Not long hours, Good pay, Can be hard some days. Nice working environment. Good if you like to work alone and not as a team. Discount on Turnpike food after 2 month
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard working job
Work experience at Premier Inn
Hotel Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough20 January 2018
Everyday I worked there was a busy day. If I was helping some staff with the rooms it was busy and if I was assisting my manager it was also busy but I enjoyed it even thou I never got paid. The people at Premiere Inn are great fun and hard workers especially the staff clearing the rooms because from experience I can say it is very hard work.
Pros
Home early
Cons
Very hard work
Great colleagues fun place to work
Linen Porter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 January 2018
I enjoyed my time working in Premier inn Lovely people and a comfortable work environment not enough hours so I felt they lacked in offering me stability.
great job, not nice inline manager
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Norwich19 January 2018
started job great, inline manager didnt do training properly as and when, threw me in 7 days for a couple of weeks, her attitude was horrible...premier inn is a lovely place to work though
Pros
working for premier inn
Cons
not trainned straight aways, no explainning all by inline manager
Res Center
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire19 January 2018
typical day at work just being on the phone helping guests with inquiries, very hard when it busy around summer time can get frustrating not being able to breathe on the phone but around christmas time very quiet and relaxed. incentives which are really enjoyable and help you work the extra mile to earn some extra money. overall a good place to work with good people.
Pros
Lovely people in office
Cons
High call volumes
good team
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Kingswood18 January 2018
good team to work with , learning opportunities available if you want to expand your career in the company physically demanding job, working week is on a rota schedule
Professionally and personally a wonderful place
Groundfloor staff (Former Employee) –  London18 January 2018
This was my first job in London and I could not have been happier. Genuinely finding people that care about the mission and purpose of their workplace but still fill it with their own individual touch alongside making it fun for guests and colleagues alike is a rare gem.

This place is something for good. Everyone is helpful and listens to anything and you will make friends just by the nature of it all.

Great management with fantastic ideals and ideas for the future course as well as great colleagues with that twinkle in their eye towards what they are building for their life.

It was only a mere two months but I have made such good memories that I cannot mourn my moving on from this.

Work at premier inn and you will have a good one. That is assured.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fair management, fantastic volunteer opportunities
Cons
Besides having to scrap dirty plates, nothing comes to mind.
fun workplace
Receptionist, housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Liverpool17 January 2018
A typical day at Premier Inn would be stripping beds and getting taught how to make them in a professional way also cleaning bathrooms to customers standards.
Basic work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London17 January 2018
Unreliable pay as you didn't know how many rooms you were going to get. Also I got under paid a few times when I was working for the company. When I asked for work they said they didn't have work for me but the other employers worked for the day. I got less rooms to clean than the other workers there.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Low pay, unrealiable pay
Great team and support
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire16 January 2018
A great working environment and supporting team to work with.i worked here as work experience so didn’t resive a salary however I know that the job requires hard work and an active person, I really enjoyed my experience here and hope to work for them in the future.
I wouldn't work for Premier Inn again
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roath16 January 2018
I dont like the work environment. I felt there was no room for progression. However management was fantastic and made it worth sticking around for the amount of time that i did.
Pros
Cons
alot
F&b
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braunstone, Leicestershire13 January 2018
Management don't care about you.

Shifts are ridiculous
Management sleeping with staff and then letting them get away with murder. you have no chance if you're in the right with something.
Happens far too much.
Interesting
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, Fife11 January 2018
It was an interesting experience to work for Premiere Inn under a different style of day to day management of businesses. The daily running of the hotel was not something I was used to and it wasn't as effective and efficient as my previous employer's. However, I was grateful to learn new skills and try to adapt to suit my employer's needs, although I didn't personally agree with how they liked tasks to be carried out.
Pros
company perks (i.e - room discounts)
Cons
Suggestions weren't taken onboard
Up and downs
Receptionist and Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bellshill, North Lanarkshire10 January 2018
Worked for the company for almost 14 years. Has a lot of benefits and discounts. Enjoyed my job as worked as part of the team as Waitress, bar work and then onto team leader in play area
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shift work
the hardest part of the job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Glasgow Airport9 January 2018
you must work fast and you sometimes have a lots of bedrooms to clean for the short time.

I have learned a lot of things.

The most enjoyable part of the job communication with a people
Professional yet friendly workplace
Hotel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham NEC/ Airport8 January 2018
I learned do much working here.
Gained qualifications, was given opportunities to advance within my role, learn new loles new responsibilities and career.
Covering for my reception team leader while on maternity and duty manager cover not only at my hotel but at another in Peterborough for an entire weekend.
Fire safety , health and safety and first aid and hospitality qualifications I gained here. I gained experice in the restaurant and bar also.
Pros
Team i worked in and the opportunities to gain qualifications and experience gained.
Cons
Long hours at times
some nice people
Chef and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Malvern8 January 2018
customers were usually very nice and left tips after a long shift, but barely any time given to have a drink as youre constantly running around. some very nice welcoming faces but also the opposite.
Cons
long hours, some mean staff
Job in general
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Lower Darwen, Lancashire8 January 2018
The job is a very good job; it allows you to ensure the room is clean for the next guests, and always keeping on top of cleanliness and overall appeal
Pros
Break for 15 minutes, keeping pace of rooms, compliments from guests
Cons
Not enough hours, sometimes not enough people working, rooms can be left a state
Good benefits, average pay, awful rotas
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station7 January 2018
Good benefits such as 50% off rooms but i have to work morning, late and night shifts all in the same week which is intense. Cant really socialise after a shift as you cant be bothered to and guests can/ will be unnecessarily rude and mess up your day. Good experience and good as a temporary job.
Pros
Free hot drinks, cheap hotel rooms and many different discounts
Cons
Rubbish hours and pay, very very boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.