Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Found 1,101 reviews matching the search See all 1,143 reviews
Ok
Housekeeper, Waitress and Bartender (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom11 July 2018
Really flexible to work for, they can easily accommodate change of job requests if they are reasonable and will do all they can. I enjoyed working for them for over a couple of years and left due to wanting career progression within a different field.
Best job for growth and independence and fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London11 July 2018
This to date was one of my fav jobs, i was very young and it was my first job but i was able to gain good money and was given a decent amount of responsibility. I worked morning shift into lunch which meant i was done by lunch and had all the time in the world for a personal life. loved it! wished i had worked there longer
great location
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Birmingham10 July 2018
same jobs day in day out
not structured training plans
management is poor and they delegate most work to shift managers
hardest part of the job sometimes is dealing with difficult guests but I like to see this as a challenge of good customer service
Pros
benefits, discounts and location
Cons
part time staff dont seen to progress
brilliant company
Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  sandiway9 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for premier inn all the staff were lovely and was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my role, I loved the fact you were set your target for the day and then left to complete. Full training and support was given when needed.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
not high rates of pay
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk9 July 2018
A pleasant job but a lot of repetition. If you got caught with the 3-11pm shift it would take away from your own free time. Part time workers would take extra hours out of choice but there contracts were never increased.
Pros
knew your rota a month ahead
Cons
minimum salary
Good Employer
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 July 2018
Flexible working hours, great team and management - Career progression encouraged and supported. All in all an excellent place to work. Salary expectations met
Pros
Free meals
Cons
unsocial hours
It was okay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester8 July 2018
Enjoyed it at first but then changed my mind because one manager wasn’t so pleasant so left.
Didn’t pay me what I was owed and worked there a good couple of months
Pros
Staff was nice
Cons
Didn’t pay when supposed to
Brilliant Workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingsteignton8 July 2018
During my week working at Premier Inn on Work Experience, my roles were challenging, strenuous and required me to work as part of a team within the hotel. This meant that I had to think on my feet and be aware of my team members as I had to ensure my work reflected positively on Premier Inn. My main goal was to be confident as well as completing everything I did to the highest possible standard, ensuring I met the requirements. Working within this environment taught me how to work under pressure as well as how to deal with customers and meet the company’s guidelines to the highest possible standard, this taught me how to think on my feet and represent the company the best I possibly could. Following the company’s guidelines taught me how to come across and look as professional as I could as well as teaching me how to act under large amounts of pressure. Everyone I had contact with at my particular branch were nothing but caring and genuine people who were a joy to work alongside for the week.
Pros
The Team
Cons
Long Hours
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London5 July 2018
Horrible place to work, management want 5 hours worth of work done in 2 hours so they can hit targets and get bonuses while you get absolutely nothing
Pros
None really
Cons
No help or support from management
Host (Duty Manager) (Former Employee) –  Clapham2 July 2018
With other hosts your never alone meaning you can share the work between each other, theres structure in the evening and morning due to breakfast and dinner shifts, (0700-1500 or 1500-2300) time always goes quickly and fun people to work with.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Good atmosphere
Cons
Salary
An Okay First Job for someone
Food and Beverage Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Westminster2 July 2018
Your day will start as early as 7am, followed by a busy breakfast (sometimes) and then loads of cleaning, you may be left by yourself in reception, and if you are part of the Food and Beverage team you are required to take over reception as well. Morning shifts goes quickly as theres a lot to do and its structured in terms of after breakfast you clean, then take breaks, by the time you know it its 2 people check in and then 3pm you go home, however in the evening theres no food, you are required to stay until 11pm, majority of the cleaning happens in the evening as it is normally quiet.
overall team members do to much for so little at the end of the month.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very Early or Very Late Shifts, Unpaid Break, Boring, A lot of cleaning to do
Nice
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London2 July 2018
I worked night shift at Premier Inn and it didnt even tire me out. It is relaxing to know even though you are working unsocialable hours that you still can enjoy work.
Not a job for young people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh30 June 2018
I worked here while I was 17/19 and I had many challenges through poor management to poor shift patterns and the wage isn't ideal either. I wouldn't recommend for those who want a happy work/life balance.
Very tidy work place, 10/10 for effort the staff put in to the place.
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Bispham29 June 2018
Working with this company was enjoyable. The staff are great and can always count on them to boost the fun in the workplace. It was hard work and they put me through my paces but that's what I enjoyed
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Nice management but hard in the long run
Cashier and back office (Former Employee) –  London29 June 2018
Excellent work place, may be boring in the long run. Very rigid promotion pathway. I worked on the main floor as a receptionist. We had a big deal of customers management and office admin experiences. Long hours but the pay is the minimum with rare bonuses. Although, the management is good and prepared as well as the workplace culture make the day run smoothly, you must be ready to be equipped of patience. In my case, speaking foreign languages is a plus making the human contact more enjoyable, but no recognition.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Rigid promotion culture
Productive and Fun Workplace
Hotel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon27 June 2018
Whilst working at Premier Inn, it helped boost my confidence and helped me with my time management skills and patience which I didn't have before. This helped me as I could put it on my CV, which would be useful in the future.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Good team
Night Team Member/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London22 June 2018
I loved working at the Premier Inn Greenwich, I just wish I had the opportunity to do FOH/RECEPTIONIST as i worked nights 11pm-7am. I learned a lot of new skills and progressed to become a premier Inn host/duty manager, I also met a lot of memorable guests and co-worker.
Pros
Very relaxed team
Cons
fun and productive place to work.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol22 June 2018
This job is a major change to what im use to as i've previously only worked in the retail industy.
I enjoy my job and the roles within it for example : looking after and keeping guests happy, multitasking between bar reception and restuarant.
Pros
50% discounted hotel rooms, happy and fair place to work.
Cons
not challenging enough.
Productive and energetic
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Reading21 June 2018
It was a wonderful experience and I loved it! The staff were really helpful and welcoming. It was productive and worked at a fast pace. Definitely recommended. The work consisted of hardcore cleaning in the kitchen for example washing and drying spoons etc. Also, there was placing all the equipment to its place and on the table etc.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Journey from my location
Busy and Sociable work role
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Glenrothes, Fife20 June 2018
Busy and physically demanding job, made enjoyable by a good hard wroking & friendly team.

This is a job that requires you to be able to work compitently to a set standard as an individual but also to assist other staff members when required. Time restrictions due to room access times for guests can make the job even more demanding dependant on how busy the hotel is at the time.
Pros
meet new people everyday
Cons
lots of heavy lifting/physically demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.