Premier Inn Employee Review

Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 February 2018
Loved working part of a team and also on my own , i have great communication skills as i was the one communicating with our guest as most of all the other housekeepers were polish but i enjoyed it as i like meeting and speaking to new and diffrent people
Pros
Discounts on diffrent placez
Cons
Didn't help me work around my kids

Other Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Good team
Nights Reception (Current Employee) –  Trentham14 August 2018
Pay for night shift is not great BUT there is not a lot of work overall on a 11pm-7am shift and I'd much rather work less stressful night shifts than a busy hotel in the day.

As long as you get all required jobs done fast, you get good long breaks and can happily sit and read/watch Netflix/do coursework as long as you are close to reception and keeping an eye on things.
You are ultimately responsible for the hotel and all guests whilst on shift so I believe this position is suitable to the more mature and experienced. There should be a minimum of 2 staff working night shift but I have heard of understaffed, smaller hotels only having 1 person which does not sound good.

A typical night shift includes checking some late arrivals into the hotel, very little bar work, closing the bar, cashing up, cleaning the lobby and restaurant, emptying bins, and setting up for breakfast in the morning.

Training is mostly hands on and a series of online courses. You're also sent to do Emergency First Aid at Work course (paid for by the company) and it lasts for 3 years.

Night hours can be difficult for some but generally the max is 3 nights a week unless cover is needed, which allows for better work/life balance. Rotas are provided 2 weeks in advance and management are approachable and flexible if you need specific days off.

Management could be better - a bit too relaxed with no real motivation.
Day and evening staff constantly leave tasks unfinished so night shift are usually left to pick up the slack which is pretty annoying.

Whitbread is a big company so a fair amount of
  more... opportunity for progression and regular pay rises. Night shift positions are definitely more secure than day shift too.  less
Great team to work with, I was able to learn as i worked
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  london12 August 2018
Time management was vital in Premier Inn as well as any other company. However there were times when employees with shifts starting 2 hours later than mine, will be able to leave at the same time as me meaning that i would be working for longer hours for no reason. Although the team were friendly to me, they were also to easy on the new workers like myself. I would have preferred to be pushed by my fellow workers to fully understand what it means to work, however they focused too much on us enjoying ourselves rather than getting the work experience we needed to gain.

I learnt how to communicate and deal with customers with old ages, attitudes, and even disabilities; this was the upside of working here.

Hardest part was cleaning toilets.
Enjoyable part was getting to now the team and even customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad timekeeping

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.