Premier Inn Pay & Benefits reviews

Res Center
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire19 January 2018
typical day at work just being on the phone helping guests with inquiries, very hard when it busy around summer time can get frustrating not being able to breathe on the phone but around christmas time very quiet and relaxed. incentives which are really enjoyable and help you work the extra mile to earn some extra money. overall a good place to work with good people.
Pros
Lovely people in office
Cons
High call volumes
good team
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Kingswood18 January 2018
good team to work with , learning opportunities available if you want to expand your career in the company physically demanding job, working week is on a rota schedule
Basic work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London17 January 2018
Unreliable pay as you didn't know how many rooms you were going to get. Also I got under paid a few times when I was working for the company. When I asked for work they said they didn't have work for me but the other employers worked for the day. I got less rooms to clean than the other workers there.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Low pay, unrealiable pay
Great team and support
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire16 January 2018
A great working environment and supporting team to work with.i worked here as work experience so didn’t resive a salary however I know that the job requires hard work and an active person, I really enjoyed my experience here and hope to work for them in the future.
Up and downs
Receptionist and Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bellshill, North Lanarkshire10 January 2018
Worked for the company for almost 14 years. Has a lot of benefits and discounts. Enjoyed my job as worked as part of the team as Waitress, bar work and then onto team leader in play area
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shift work
Good benefits, average pay, awful rotas
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station7 January 2018
Good benefits such as 50% off rooms but i have to work morning, late and night shifts all in the same week which is intense. Cant really socialise after a shift as you cant be bothered to and guests can/ will be unnecessarily rude and mess up your day. Good experience and good as a temporary job.
Pros
Free hot drinks, cheap hotel rooms and many different discounts
Cons
Rubbish hours and pay, very very boring
Long hours but good team
Waiter, bar staff, manager (Former Employee) –  Devon3 January 2018
Work for this company a while.
Lono hours as expected from hospitality but always had fun with team mates.

Good management scheme if you work hard enough.
Pros
Good team, career development, incentives
Cons
Long hours, moody customers
Fun workplace, great environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk20 December 2017
Premier inn is a fun workplace, with a great environment with lots of great employee benefits. Premier inn also take very good care of their staff and cater to most needs.
Great Company but awful policies.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  South East5 December 2017
I can’t fault the company and what it stands for. There are great benefits to the company and you do feel part of a big family working for premier inn. But the management and their policies is absolutely absurd!!! I work as a receptionist which I love, love the guests love the work. But if someone calls in sick whilst your on shift it’s up to you to find cover from other sites. And unfortunately if no one can cover you are left with doing a 15+ hour shift, Ive heard stories of people doing close to a 24hour shift purley because you rely on you coworkers so much the policy is if you are calling in sick you can ring a minimum of 3 hours before your shift starts.......THREE hours to find cover at 4am it’s a ridiculous idea. I think it’s crazy. Your not entitled to a lunch or proper break. You can sit out the back and nibble on a sand which for a few seconds until you have to go back to your desk and deal with a guest. The hours are unsociable and the job itself can be slow leaving you with not much to actually do other than sit at the desk and wait for a guest to engage with. Unfortunately I wouldn’t recommend working for premier inn simply on this basis of the ridiculous idea that we are somehow robots who are willing to do 24hour shifts and have no breaks.
Pros
Employee benefits/discounts
Cons
A lot.
Low skilled job with better than average wage
Housekeeper/Linen porter (Current Employee) –  Guildford30 November 2017
It's a reasonable position that provides a clear line of wage progression which is better than average. It is a hard job but the management are perfectly friendly.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Lack of set hours
fantastic management and team fun and enjoyable workplace
Main duty as chef, producing quality meals (Former Employee) –  Bourne End29 November 2017
a typical day was usually fairly busy
i learned how to prioritize while in a busy cooking enviroment
management was fantastic and always there when i needed them
the team i worked with was fun energetic and ready and willing to get the job done whatever it took
the hardest part of the job was when it got very busy but management was always there to step in and lend a hand
the whole days work was satisfying as i loved the company and the staff so it was all round enjoyable
Pros
many benefits as it was a big company eg discount or relocation to thousands of other sites
Cons
sometimes hours would be longer than expected due to how busy
fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge26 October 2017
It was a nice environment to work and the colleagues and boss were very friendly and welcoming when I joint. I would definitely recommend working here as it was a fun experience to develop different types of skills as there are different areas to work in.
Pros
free hot drinks, more than one break
Excellent place to work
Receptionist/Front of house Team Member (Current Employee) –  Crewe24 October 2017
Best place i have ever worked. Management are fantastic and very supportive. If you want to progress then Manager will help you do that. Great job satisfaction and appreciation.
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
wages could be better
Staff make or break a job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire18 October 2017
Working alone you can just get on with it. You are expected to do a lot in such a short amount of time. Very repetitive work and not a lot of hours going for those who want them.
Head housekeeper has her favourites and some get treated better than others. Poor management, no one is interested if you have a problem.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not much time off during Christmas
ok place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cornwall18 October 2017
again very hard work and my supervisor was lovely but found the rest of the staff not so friendly all family members and was hard long days and full on work
Pros
discount
Cons
long day
High expectations
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire16 October 2017
The job it's self was fine but the time in which to complete tasks was crazy. They treated you like a robot. It was a labourous job with very little support on time management. The team were looking out for them selves with no team work ethics.
Pros
Discounted prices on use of facilities
Cons
Very short breaks
Can have its ups and downs like any other work place
Hotel Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire4 October 2017
I have been working with this company for over a year now and the hours work well with my family life style but unfortunately i cant get the hours im looking for anymore.
Pros
Half hour breakfast break optional.
Cons
Still not able to progress after a year and a half of working for the company.
Productive and fun workplace
Chef (Current Employee) –  Potters Bar, Hertfordshire27 September 2017
It`s a good place with nice people.I learned a lot of new things about the cooking.It`s a busy place and the hardest part of the job is when you don`t have enough staff in the kitchen.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less hours
Good
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 September 2017
Nice easy job to fit around young children's school hours easily, easy to access, nicely ran, good clock in and out system, enjoyed it there. Good hours
Good workplace
Ground Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 September 2017
Good workplace, nice team work, we can have free lunch, but one of the cons is that sometimes we have to stay long hours, especially when an event day is.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.