Premier Inn Pay & Benefits reviews

Modern day slavery at its worst
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 October 2018
Mini mum wage , expected to totally work you're body to the li m it. Management attitude is appalling to put it nicely . So without swearing , if you don't mind being pushed to the max with hardly any wage at end of it then go work here .
Pros
Cons
Hours are different every week
Had a great team
Maintenance Operative (Former Employee) –  Southwark, Greater London17 September 2018
It was good for the first year, there was no support and it was very demanding, looking after one site turned into looking after three sites. Wasn't worth the pay.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Long hours.
Night Reception
Night Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London14 September 2018
Been here a month and a bit and I already feel like packing it and calling it quits, there's been next to no training. I gotta do the majority of the house keeping jobs myself tho I just think this is my site as others I have talk to on different sites say they don't do half the stuff I do.

Management is a joke only paid me for three days salary instead of 18 and is yet to sign off my online courses after nagging them several times to do so, there has to be two night receptionists on hand tho the other receptionist I work with leaves me to do all the tasks at hand and then has ago at me if I do something wrong while he sits in the back and watches his films (again not on me as I have had lack of training)

I've recently applied for other jobs because this job is starting to bring down my positivity the only reason I haven't gone yet is because I dont wanna let the girl down that hired me
Pros
I get to set my hours around my GFS schedule
Cons
Longs hours lack of training poor management everyone is in it for themselves
good
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leeds14 September 2018
was good experience to have under my belt.the people was lovely and helped me find my feet good hours and good break times.also seemed easy to understand everything
Avoid working for this company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff14 September 2018
Worked here for five years on housekeeping, loved it when I first started but as I got to know people and the management I could see management hiding the fact that others were getting paid more for the same job role.

No benefits to this job at all, when I started I was told there is courses that can help you progress through the company and not once was I allowed to do any of these courses.

Poor environment to work in, with management being the one starting a lot of gossip, the place was a complete joke and should be shut down.
Pros
No pros just lies about possible pros which don’t happen
Cons
treated badly by reception and maintenance staff who thought they were above you
Fantastic
Hotel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Leicester5 September 2018
Brilliant place to work if you enjoy working on your own on reception. Can’t fault the management of the one I worked at.. always had more hours if you requested them
Pros
Always more hours
Cons
Lone worker
With the right manager this company is excellent.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, UK4 September 2018
Good work environment, pleasant aside from the occasional exceptions. I would happily work for this company again. Good benefits, friendly teams, interesting work. Sometimes it could be let down by a team member or a manager but aside from that it's the best service job I've ever had.
Pros
Every day there can be something new.
Cons
Depending on the site you could be working alone.
I worked as a chef and you never get recognised when doing well
Chef (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire26 August 2018
They don't pay you money owed the kitchen manager is lazy and a bully they do not pay you right every week I'd do 40 hours and get half of what I was meant to
fun place to work
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2018
I worked here for 1 week because it was a work experience placement. my time there was great. the manager and staff that I encountered were very kind and helpful
Pros
free breakfast
fun work place
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  London9 August 2018
It was always fun everyone I worked with even the customers new how to have fun but when it did come down to doing the job we would always make sure it was done properly
Pros
lunch was free
Cons
Great place to work and people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex8 August 2018
Premier Inn was a good experience growing within the organisation managing different sites and people. Occasionally you can be micro-managed but it depends who your manager is. You get to learn a lot from KPIs and P&Ls. Managing people. Courses are also available to progress further. Great opportunities for young, willing people to progress.
Company also has benifits with the sharesave scheme.
Pros
Working with different people. Being empowered.
Cons
Long hours, Unsociable hours, Pay increases hard to achieve, Needing to move to progress.
nice and fresh company
Host (Former Employee) –  Wembley Park Station6 August 2018
Easy and smart company but very professional. I love it. Nice team and confortble hambient of job. No upselling or benefits or food is included. Just a discount of 50%.
Not a Job for me
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk6 August 2018
Was a lone worker with no support. Never got any breaks, had to make up beds for people that arrived who made a booking at reception- wasn't sure why house keeping had not already done this!!
While doing this if someone arrived in Reception they would ring a bell and you had to go and see to them as well. Very stressful at times. Especially if something went wrong, which happened frequently and you would end up with a queue of huffing people in reception who never understand the problems.
On site Manager who actually worked shifts on reception -so was never around when they were needed was brilliant but having to work reception shifts was ridiculous.
Upper Management, when they came to visit totally ignored me on reception - not very god.
Benefits were the best part of the job !!! Reduced rates in the restaurant and hotel accommodation. The rest of the staff were brilliant. Had to do a lot of lone online courses in a portal which was really boring and you don't really understand it !!
Pros
Cons
Lone worker, no Management support, very stressfull at times
Run
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport3 August 2018
Job was very busy at times customers could be difficult and some of them are liars and management never believe staff always short staff and don't expect to be paid for what you work that month as they have a labour budget and if they go over it they don't pay you till the following month not good staff you work with was young but had a great rapour with made the job bearable

Expect to be investigated for any infraction and disaplined for it
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Don't expect the management to believe you or help you
great location
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Birmingham10 July 2018
same jobs day in day out
not structured training plans
management is poor and they delegate most work to shift managers
hardest part of the job sometimes is dealing with difficult guests but I like to see this as a challenge of good customer service
Pros
benefits, discounts and location
Cons
part time staff dont seen to progress
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk9 July 2018
A pleasant job but a lot of repetition. If you got caught with the 3-11pm shift it would take away from your own free time. Part time workers would take extra hours out of choice but there contracts were never increased.
Pros
knew your rota a month ahead
Cons
minimum salary
Good Employer
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 July 2018
Flexible working hours, great team and management - Career progression encouraged and supported. All in all an excellent place to work. Salary expectations met
Pros
Free meals
Cons
unsocial hours
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London5 July 2018
Horrible place to work, management want 5 hours worth of work done in 2 hours so they can hit targets and get bonuses while you get absolutely nothing
Pros
None really
Cons
No help or support from management
Host (Duty Manager) (Former Employee) –  Clapham2 July 2018
With other hosts your never alone meaning you can share the work between each other, theres structure in the evening and morning due to breakfast and dinner shifts, (0700-1500 or 1500-2300) time always goes quickly and fun people to work with.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Good atmosphere
Cons
Salary
Very tidy work place, 10/10 for effort the staff put in to the place.
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Bispham29 June 2018
Working with this company was enjoyable. The staff are great and can always count on them to boost the fun in the workplace. It was hard work and they put me through my paces but that's what I enjoyed
Pros
Free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.