Premier Inn Employee Reviews for Server

Not a job for young people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh30 June 2018
I worked here while I was 17/19 and I had many challenges through poor management to poor shift patterns and the wage isn't ideal either. I wouldn't recommend for those who want a happy work/life balance.
Very fast pace and productive
Receptionist and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Euston11 May 2018
During my time at the Premier inn I worked as a waitress and when around cleaning up after customers and talking to them making sure their meal was okay,I also was taught how to book in dinner reservations and how to take payment. During other days I was on reception checking people in , greeting customers and assuring they had a good and well planned day ahead.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Very short break
some nice people
Chef and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Malvern8 January 2018
customers were usually very nice and left tips after a long shift, but barely any time given to have a drink as youre constantly running around. some very nice welcoming faces but also the opposite.
Cons
long hours, some mean staff
very fast paced
Chambermaid/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 November 2017
on a typical day working in the premier inn environment i would have stock on my trolley from the day before from my last shift as after each shift we had to restock for the next morning as it saves time. i would then go to staff meeting room and wait for my manager to give me daily duties which would be room attendant list with about 16-18 departures for an 8 hour shift. i would then go to reception to check on departures list to see who had vacated there room ready to be cleaned for the next guest. the job role would be me to start from the door as you walk in and work my way around the room finishing in the bathroom to then hoovering the floors and then leaving the room clean and tidy ready for my supervisor to then check my room on cleanliness for the next guest to arrive.
Pros
always busy great team work
Cons
when it gets quiet not many hours available
fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London13 November 2017
it was a work experience in the restaurant, it was a multicultural place, the hours werent long and they would give free left over breakfast at 11 when its time to change breakfast to lunch and get the tables ready with differrent cultery.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
standing for long hours
fast
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Hampstead Heath24 September 2017
this is a fast movement job. you will need to be constantly moving to work the expected standard. you will need o really put in full effort, and really need to get along with your team.
Pros
free food
Cons
takes alot of energy
Productive and organised
Restaurant Waiter (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London18 September 2017
I worked at premier inn, in march 2017 for work experience related to my college course. It was good fun and it helped me to be organised and prepared for work. It also helped me to be punctual and hard working.
Pros
Free breakfast buffet
Cons
Very early start times
Productive and fun
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex15 September 2017
We prepare the restauraunt for opening
-set up tables
-preparing the list with our specials
I've learn about team work and how to have fun and do your best for your clients
MANAGEMENT
-very close to the team , and will help you with everything
As a culture , is not so much , it's just a simply restaurant
The most enjoyable part of working here are the staff , and the clients
Pros
The free spirit
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Aldgate Station16 January 2017
The premier Inn is a great place to work, people are helpful and always welcome new workers very well. I have learned how to have a good costumer service.
Pros
Free lunches
A little Family
Waitress (Former Employee) –  gatwick manor royal5 January 2017
I loved working here, I did regret leaving (Job offer) immediately as other job wasnt right but couldnt go back.
It was hard work at times but it was so rewarding. Great place to work.
Pros
discounts at multiple places
Cons
unsociable hours
Unfairly treated!
Breakfast Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire14 December 2016
I worked at Newcastle under Lyme site, i had been there for 15 years no problems until new management came in. Wages hopeless, i knew my job inside out but management didnt think i was any good. Bully managers who all stick together and have no back bone.
Pros
Lovely team
Cons
Management.
Very entertain
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh6 December 2016
Sport club, so if you like the sports it is a great place to work. Different sports , so you can choose which you like more. Nice management and helping always
Fun
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London27 August 2016
I have good expierence of waiting stuff,as waiter,bartender,and good knowledge of food bussines.Premier Inn in bath road,is realy big hotel,we had a lot customers,in evenig shift we did 400 covers.
fun workplace
Housekeeper/receptionist/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Leeds City Centre8 August 2016
The people there are really friendly and fun to work alongside with a and made my time there very fun and enjoyable. I learned how to work well within a busy environment and how to deal and greet customers and what its like to work within hospitality.
polite and respectful
Breakfast Waitress (Former Employee) –  Billingham3 March 2016
the staff were really nice and friendly and very welcoming considering this was works experience. the work day was easy as it was only a few hours. I learnt how to talk to guests politly and how to get orders from people. my co- workers were friendly although there was one member of staff that kept having a go at me all the time. the hardest part of the job was getting up early and the most enjoyable was helping the guests out.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
early hours
organised a fun work place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  premier inn high wycombe28 January 2016
used to come in and make sure everything was set up properly and ready for my shift ahead. taught me

.this role has taught me to look after customers to highest level of possible service you can, general cash handling and being able to make card payments. every day house keeping skills to keep the restaurant tidy and to think for your self to look for other duties that need doing.

.loved working with my co-workers a good team always makes a good place to be.

.hardest part of the job will always be the closing down...

. most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to the customers and have a laugh whilst i am working,
Pros
discount on food
Cons
nothing
great place to work with the best people
waitress (Former Employee) –  Liverpool Airport29 December 2015
working in the premier inn gave me an advantage to progress my career working alongside hardworking people doing team incentives to boost sales.
very great expirence
waitressing (Former Employee) –  london14 August 2015
I very much enjoyed a typical day at this work setting, the role i played out was manerging the area that i was given to moniter for example i would handle many enqiries meet and greet customers, serve customers and handle any minor complaints given in by any costumers. i have excellent communication skills which i'd adapt daily into in this routine i would work mainly with my co workers and independantly i also follwed many task given to me by higher management. The part i found difficualt at first was working mostly during busy shifts which meant i had to work well under the given pressure at first i found this scary to adapt to but i learnt to adapt not only to that but the pricipcle of multitasking. i enjoyed meeting diffrent individuals and working alongside some too i enjoyed sharing my postive attiudue with the world and pleasing my customers showing them that any role that i play its becomes more that just a role to me as i take every job role i encounter extremly seriously i enjoyed my expirence here.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours busy shifts
Temporary Work Experience organised by my school
1 week waitressing (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, ENG21 July 2015
Completing my work experience at Premier inn, Brampton and Brampton hut was my first experience of a working environment and staff were friendly and keen to teach me essential skills for the working world such as excellent customer service skills, punctuality, good social skills and co-operation this all has prepared me well for working life in the future and was a good experience for me.
My duties included; 1 week working in the restaurant as a waitress and cleaner and 1 week working as a housekeeper and cleaner in the hotel to give me experience working in both situations.
Pros
staff were friendly
The job was able to prepare me with new skills to succeed in future careers.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport, ENG14 July 2015
Working at the Premier Inn as a waitress involved welcoming customers into the restruant at the front host and serving them at a till if they had not pre booked breakfast. We would then have to create conversation with the customers asking them about their stay and offer them deals from the hotel which involved remembering a list of items. We would then cater to the customers regularly checking if there was any problems with their breakfast and answering any queries or complaints they may have had. I learnt how to deal with queries and complaints from the customers and how to ensure they were comforatable staying with us. Within the job i also gained confidence with having to deal with a range of situations and also how to motivate myself if the shift was not going so well. The management was good and there was always a shift leader on site if we needed any help or training, higher up in the hierarchy we have lost a few of our managers. The co workers were friendly and we had a close bond enabling us to motivate eachother and support eachother. The most enjoyable part of the job was being involved with the customers where I could talk to them about why they'd come to stay at the hotel and if they had been on holiday. I also enjoyed recieving compliments from the customers as it gave me a sense of achievement.
Pros
Free breakfast, privelige cards and discounts within the premier inn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

Premier Inn Reviews by Location