Premier Inn Employee Reviews for Server

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 1,181 reviews
Learn new things
Waiter - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex7 October 2018
in this job role at the premier inn at gatwick airport north terminal, i have learn new things like, i have done food running, drinks running and also host, which i have really enjoyed, the pay was amazing and the staff was 9 ( all the team member and leaders were so kind)
Pros
discounts in costa, food and others
Cons
5 hours is good
Productive and fun environment
Receptionist and Waitress (Former Employee) –  The Hyde24 September 2018
During my time at Premier Inn, which was for two weeks, I took on board several roles; receptionist and a member of the kitchen staff. Within these roles I catered to all customers’ needs in polite and friendly manner, allocated rooms to customers, set up tables, restocked products and handled with money at the end of each productive day. Whilst i completing my time at Premier Inn, i learnt a variety of things such as improving my communication skills with customers and other colleagues. A typical day at Premier Inn was quite busy as there was an event taking place at the time i was working there but it actually was manageable. To be honest, the hardest part of the job was at the beginning of my work experience when i had to get used to working in the environment but after a while i picked up the company's routine but i really enjoyed the job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Amazing colleagues, so-so management.
FOH/Waitress, Part time (Current Employee) –  Leicestershire13 September 2018
There are many sites across the globe, all different with different staff, rules, management ect, my review is for my site and my site ONLY. I do not know about any other sites.

I work within the attached restaurant and bar as part of the FOH department (front of house). This means serving food and beverages to guests staying and those visiting from around the area. The colleagues I have met since working here are absolutely fabulous and love working with them. The guests I meet every shift are lovely people with interesting stories and amazing family. These are the only two things that stop me from leaving. Hospitality is not my final career choice.

Management is very so-so, this is aimed at the more higher up people who run this specific site. Often during busy breakfast shifts (this was some what a year and a half ago) we did not have enough staff to run the restaurant effectively during the weekends. Management knew about the staff shortage but didn't nothing about it until over 6 months after the issue was brought up again.

There are constant small issues such as getting enough stock to run the shift effectively. Quite often we find ourselves running around trying to find items like mugs and glasses. When this is brought up for more orders they often forget we ask for these items then have to wait until our next opportunity to order more.

Many of the regular staff here agree that the management here focuses too much on what their computer statistics say, rather than listening to their staff and guests. We understand that the hotel has to have a standard
  more... but I find it silly that we cant step a toe out of line to appease or keep our guests safe.

I absolutely adore working here, and I would quite happily stay here for a long time if there was a some-what change to management. I feel as though some high-up managers don't understand what its like to work in a restaurant and only go by their computer statistics to make their choices.

Again, this being said, this is for the site I work at. This will vary across different sites and managements.
Pros
Good pay for young people, friendly and helpful colleauges, short hours (restaurant shifts), amazing guests, regular guests, when management are in good moods thing go well, are fairly flexible with working specific days.
Cons
management can be so-so, issues with stock, sometimes staff shortage.
Exerience
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Exmouth, Devon7 August 2018
Premier Inn was a summer job. Easy-going breakfast shifts and slightly busier evening/dinner shifts. The pay was ok, the tip rules were terrible however. If you were tipped by a customer, even directly, managers would make you put it in a pot. NOT TO BE SHARED OUT, but to go towards someones skydiving for charity fund. Which, was rather unfair. Most staff were friendly and the place itself was nice enough. The hoover was a safety hazard, although managers didn't take this up. Lots of food waste in the breakfast shift, staff cannot take it home despite the fact it will all go in the bin. Our male superviser was a bit handsy and crude to both staff and customers.
Pros
Manageable
Cons
Rude Supervisors
Not a job for young people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh30 June 2018
I worked here while I was 17/19 and I had many challenges through poor management to poor shift patterns and the wage isn't ideal either. I wouldn't recommend for those who want a happy work/life balance.
Very fast pace and productive
Receptionist and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Euston11 May 2018
During my time at the Premier inn I worked as a waitress and when around cleaning up after customers and talking to them making sure their meal was okay,I also was taught how to book in dinner reservations and how to take payment. During other days I was on reception checking people in , greeting customers and assuring they had a good and well planned day ahead.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Very short break
some nice people
Chef and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Malvern8 January 2018
customers were usually very nice and left tips after a long shift, but barely any time given to have a drink as youre constantly running around. some very nice welcoming faces but also the opposite.
Cons
long hours, some mean staff
very fast paced
Chambermaid/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 November 2017
on a typical day working in the premier inn environment i would have stock on my trolley from the day before from my last shift as after each shift we had to restock for the next morning as it saves time. i would then go to staff meeting room and wait for my manager to give me daily duties which would be room attendant list with about 16-18 departures for an 8 hour shift. i would then go to reception to check on departures list to see who had vacated there room ready to be cleaned for the next guest. the job role would be me to start from the door as you walk in and work my way around the room finishing in the bathroom to then hoovering the floors and then leaving the room clean and tidy ready for my supervisor to then check my room on cleanliness for the next guest to arrive.
Pros
always busy great team work
Cons
when it gets quiet not many hours available
fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London13 November 2017
it was a work experience in the restaurant, it was a multicultural place, the hours werent long and they would give free left over breakfast at 11 when its time to change breakfast to lunch and get the tables ready with differrent cultery.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
standing for long hours
fast
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Hampstead Heath24 September 2017
this is a fast movement job. you will need to be constantly moving to work the expected standard. you will need o really put in full effort, and really need to get along with your team.
Pros
free food
Cons
takes alot of energy
Productive and organised
Restaurant Waiter (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London18 September 2017
I worked at premier inn, in march 2017 for work experience related to my college course. It was good fun and it helped me to be organised and prepared for work. It also helped me to be punctual and hard working.
Pros
Free breakfast buffet
Cons
Very early start times
Productive and fun
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex15 September 2017
We prepare the restauraunt for opening
-set up tables
-preparing the list with our specials
I've learn about team work and how to have fun and do your best for your clients
MANAGEMENT
-very close to the team , and will help you with everything
As a culture , is not so much , it's just a simply restaurant
The most enjoyable part of working here are the staff , and the clients
Pros
The free spirit
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Aldgate Station16 January 2017
The premier Inn is a great place to work, people are helpful and always welcome new workers very well. I have learned how to have a good costumer service.
Pros
Free lunches
A little Family
Waitress (Former Employee) –  gatwick manor royal5 January 2017
I loved working here, I did regret leaving (Job offer) immediately as other job wasnt right but couldnt go back.
It was hard work at times but it was so rewarding. Great place to work.
Pros
discounts at multiple places
Cons
unsociable hours
Unfairly treated!
Breakfast Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire14 December 2016
I worked at Newcastle under Lyme site, i had been there for 15 years no problems until new management came in. Wages hopeless, i knew my job inside out but management didnt think i was any good. Bully managers who all stick together and have no back bone.
Pros
Lovely team
Cons
Management.
Very entertain
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh6 December 2016
Sport club, so if you like the sports it is a great place to work. Different sports , so you can choose which you like more. Nice management and helping always
Fun
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London27 August 2016
I have good expierence of waiting stuff,as waiter,bartender,and good knowledge of food bussines.Premier Inn in bath road,is realy big hotel,we had a lot customers,in evenig shift we did 400 covers.
fun workplace
Housekeeper/receptionist/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Leeds City Centre8 August 2016
The people there are really friendly and fun to work alongside with a and made my time there very fun and enjoyable. I learned how to work well within a busy environment and how to deal and greet customers and what its like to work within hospitality.
polite and respectful
Breakfast Waitress (Former Employee) –  Billingham3 March 2016
the staff were really nice and friendly and very welcoming considering this was works experience. the work day was easy as it was only a few hours. I learnt how to talk to guests politly and how to get orders from people. my co- workers were friendly although there was one member of staff that kept having a go at me all the time. the hardest part of the job was getting up early and the most enjoyable was helping the guests out.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
early hours
organised a fun work place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  premier inn high wycombe28 January 2016
used to come in and make sure everything was set up properly and ready for my shift ahead. taught me

.this role has taught me to look after customers to highest level of possible service you can, general cash handling and being able to make card payments. every day house keeping skills to keep the restaurant tidy and to think for your self to look for other duties that need doing.

.loved working with my co-workers a good team always makes a good place to be.

.hardest part of the job will always be the closing down...

. most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to the customers and have a laugh whilst i am working,
Pros
discount on food
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

Premier Inn Reviews by Location