Premier Inn Employee Reviews for Room Attendant

great staff
chamber maid room attendant (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 October 2017
friendly staff and good company to work for but not enough staff for all the work plenty of overtime and good training and discounts offers.they train and look after there staff well they give you the chance to progress to other jobs around the hotel but hard work for a room attendant
Pros
you can learn new jobs in the hotel industry
Cons
not enough staff in housekeeping
enjoyable
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate11 October 2017
start with grouping in laundry room office to told wich sections
cleaning standards
management always there to help
happy environment
most enjoyable:working with good staff
Great place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Scotland25 July 2017
Great place to work shifts always fair and wages also fair, only when quiet sometimes you don't get your hours, only reason for leaving was because I was pregnant and unwell otherwise would still be here.
Enjoyable and fulfilling
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh City, City of Edinburgh26 June 2017
I found the the job interesting and hardworking and was met by helpful staff who were very involved with their jobs. I found the job hard but rewarding as a fully finished room ready for the next customer was very satisfying.
Didn't enjoy
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire23 June 2017
Did not enjoy this job for a number of reasons. Didn't get on with the management or staff as didn't feel things were done fairly. Not a very professional environment
good team
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Leeds City Centre3 November 2016
I worked there for 1 year had to leave for baby due they took good care of me when there we had a good team and staff woring there i enjoyed working for them
Pros
breaks times
Cons
too many rooms to do
good place to work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Durham City Centre5 October 2016
i would change beds, clean bathrooms, hoover and dust just typical day to day cleaning tasks.
i was a work experience placement, thats why i was not there very long.
Not a Productive work pklace
Room Attendant / Placement for 26wks (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KY20 October 2015
The most awfully run Hotel. The Management offer thier staff out of hours cash in hand money, which is illeagal.
The hygiene standards were atrousciuos, no gloves were used whilst cleaning took place handelling chemicals and bleach products.
The staff had no work life and balance. salary was minimum wage and the staff were over worked under pressure to suit the manangeress.

There was no safety measures in place when handelling chemicals.
Cons
over worked
good place to work really enjoyed it
room attendent (Former Employee) –  telford eston way5 October 2015
typical day at work would be sign in collect cart make sure its full and as everything you need on it collect rota to see what rooms i need to clean redo beds fresh clean sheets and towels clean all bathroom make sure clean cups and glasses and tea coffee sugar is available the hardest part of the job was shouting room service and taking a chance that no one was in rooms and i enjoyed the cleaning part
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
was only work experiance
Productive and well organised
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bingley9 September 2015
A typical day at Premier Inn included an informal staff meeting at the beginning of each day to decide which members of staff would attend which rooms. We would then have to organise the materials and stock list that would be required to attend the rooms that were allocated to us. Throughout the shift we would have to attend customer rooms, fulfilling any customer requirements and meeting the high standards that Premier Inn has in place.

The most important things I learnt whilst working for Premier Inn is having the responsibility to represent the company's image. This involves wearing the allocated uniforms and adhering to a strict code of conduct including how you should treat customers, as well as health and safety procedures. I also had the responsibility on a few occasions to train new members of staff since I was considered to be one of the most productive workers by the end of my employment.

The management at Premier Inn was very professional and very caring.

The same can be said for my co-workers. Once everybody started their shift, everybody knew what had to be done for the day, and they did so to the best of their ability.

The hardest part of the job was the physical demands and time management. Having to "turn around" large hotel rooms in an extremely short period of time was a difficult task to achieve early on, but with the continuous support of management and co-workers, you will soon find your rhythm.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of customers who would complement you on the rooms that you had just made up for them. Additionally,
  more... interacting with customers on a personal level was also very enjoyable.  less
Terrible company, not a good employer at all
Room attendant (Current Employee) –  Worcestershire3 September 2015
I have been with the company since April 2015,having transferred from quite a sister hotel not far away. There is definitely a them and us culture within the hotels and if your face doesn't fit,things can become very difficult, staff don't stay very long.

Most of the management are un-caring, lazy and have no idea about employee relations. The upstairs staff are great but most of the downstairs are stuck up, know nothing about leadership and very inexperienced. Find a decent job because I need too.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Long hours, rota changes at short notice, always wrong, dreadful and unapproachable management
Room attendant
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port1 September 2015
Good work atmosphere, helpful staff while learning job skills. The only down side was they could not provide me with enough hours
Bad job, bad maagement
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 July 2015
When I was working there, I cleaned the hotel rooms. The salary was always different: when I had so much rooms, I got so many salary etc. Sometimes I did not have day off for two weeks, and my bosses was always so rude to us. I month before I left, my colleague gave her notice, and her notice period was 7days, but my one was two weeks, so it was not really fair to me.
Pros
I can not write any pros
Cons
Rude management
Enjoyable when left to get on with the job.
In my role as a room attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, ENG16 March 2015
Irregular hours & poorly supervised. Unappreciative and rather demanding. Majority of co-workers was excellent. Hardest part of the job was having no fixed finishing time.
good job and nice people
Room Attendant, Help hand supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT19 February 2015
The work was good but I was looking for something with a lot of hours of work and promotion.I'm not afraid of hard work but I would like to be promoted for good work
Room Attendant
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye18 August 2014
Start work by making sure I have everything on my Trolly and everything I need to do my job to my full ability. always to stay focus on the job in hand. the hardest part of this jo b is keeping to the time given as it isn't always doable in the time that is expected.... it's very tiring and physical. Knowing that when you are done that you have done a good job and you have achieved it on your own. Management will help to push you to achieved your goals in your job.
Pros
discount on hotels.....
Cons
Never knowing what time you will finish.....
premier inn
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dundee, SCT6 March 2014
premier inn was great to work for when a good teaam of staff were there at work with you, there is no working flexibility , altho the hand book states if a single mum meets the criteria its available, management is hard to progress to after 7 years of working in premier inn in all departments still no recognition of this
Pros
great staff
Cons
weekend work
good place to work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  worcester24 February 2014
liked the job but i injured my back whilst turning a mattress so unfortunatly at to leave
Pros
hours and staff
Cons
hard work and heavy lifting
Not a easy place to work in
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ripley, ENG26 September 2013
Management are rude tell you lies about your job.Use you and don't keep to there word about....hours,working conditions.Management cause problems between staff members.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Bad feeling
poor
Room attendant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG2 September 2013
poor place to work over worked under paid. have to clean rooms. worst part is a weekend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

Premier Inn Reviews by Location