Premier Inn Employee Reviews for Room Attendant

Found 42 reviews matching the search See all 1,142 reviews
Cleaner
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newport County8 August 2018
A great experience working in the Premier Inn. Worked to high standards.great team work. excellent work surroundings. and all members of staff were helpful.
Slave labour.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Westhill, Aberdeenshire11 April 2018
Worst job of my life. Treated like a slave. Timed to clean rooms and if not clean, you have to stay back and do unpaid work. Sometimes rooms were trashed, mainly at weekends, was impossible to clean in 12 minutes. Sometimes never got a break either. Manager was an idiot.
Cons
it can be fun working their but it has its bad points to
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dumfries and Galloway1 January 2018
I love cleaning rooms ,I love to make the guests feel comfortable and at home ,I would like maybe to try a change now though like stacking shelves as ive done this job now for a while and fancy a change
Pros
rewards
Cons
can be very hard work
A good job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock1 November 2017
A typical day was team gathering in the linen room and waiting for everyone to arrive before being given list of rooms by housekeeper.Then you would attend the linen closet closest to your first room and pull out work trolley with all your items such as teas coffees milks linen towels to replace in rooms.Also grab linen bag for dirty linen.usually around 25 min per room for a double,longer for family rooms.cleaning empty bins replenish tea etc.Strip beds .Make beds.dust.clean bathroom to high standard.hoover.Tea break around 10.30 then back to finish rooms.end of shift restock linen trolley and tie up linen bags.Put bins out.Washing machine goes on for cloths.Then keys go back before swiping and signing out.
Pros
rewards for being best on trip adviser.
Cons
Difficult to get to if you dont drive, Hanging around waiting sometimes for rooms to vacate as checkouts at 12, Dont know when you will finish due to 12 oclock checkout.
great staff
chamber maid room attendant (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 October 2017
friendly staff and good company to work for but not enough staff for all the work plenty of overtime and good training and discounts offers.they train and look after there staff well they give you the chance to progress to other jobs around the hotel but hard work for a room attendant
Pros
you can learn new jobs in the hotel industry
Cons
not enough staff in housekeeping
enjoyable
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate11 October 2017
start with grouping in laundry room office to told wich sections
cleaning standards
management always there to help
happy environment
most enjoyable:working with good staff
Great place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Scotland25 July 2017
Great place to work shifts always fair and wages also fair, only when quiet sometimes you don't get your hours, only reason for leaving was because I was pregnant and unwell otherwise would still be here.
Enjoyable and fulfilling
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh City, City of Edinburgh26 June 2017
I found the the job interesting and hardworking and was met by helpful staff who were very involved with their jobs. I found the job hard but rewarding as a fully finished room ready for the next customer was very satisfying.
Didn't enjoy
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire23 June 2017
Did not enjoy this job for a number of reasons. Didn't get on with the management or staff as didn't feel things were done fairly. Not a very professional environment
Good Team
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hampstead Heath24 April 2017
We start every day 8 am and we finish when the job is done.Here you can learn how to work fast and the precission as well. The management is very helpful, they try too help you if they have the possibility. The hardest part of the job is when is very busy and you have to rush but still you have to do a nice job. is very enjoyable when you finish and your boss really apreciate your job what you did.
hard work
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Portishead, Somerset22 April 2017
This job was really nice and looking easy but always we had to work very hard and doing extra jobs.
The management was doing all the best to help us make the job easier.
good team
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Leeds City Centre3 November 2016
I worked there for 1 year had to leave for baby due they took good care of me when there we had a good team and staff woring there i enjoyed working for them
Pros
breaks times
Cons
too many rooms to do
fast facing enviroment
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Norwich12 October 2016
fast working environment, fun and friendly work colleague, a typical hotel job need to finish in short time spans. very physical job
good place to work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Durham City Centre5 October 2016
i would change beds, clean bathrooms, hoover and dust just typical day to day cleaning tasks.
i was a work experience placement, thats why i was not there very long.
Not a Productive work pklace
Room Attendant / Placement for 26wks (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KY20 October 2015
The most awfully run Hotel. The Management offer thier staff out of hours cash in hand money, which is illeagal.
The hygiene standards were atrousciuos, no gloves were used whilst cleaning took place handelling chemicals and bleach products.
The staff had no work life and balance. salary was minimum wage and the staff were over worked under pressure to suit the manangeress.

There was no safety measures in place when handelling chemicals.
Cons
over worked
good place to work really enjoyed it
room attendent (Former Employee) –  telford eston way5 October 2015
typical day at work would be sign in collect cart make sure its full and as everything you need on it collect rota to see what rooms i need to clean redo beds fresh clean sheets and towels clean all bathroom make sure clean cups and glasses and tea coffee sugar is available the hardest part of the job was shouting room service and taking a chance that no one was in rooms and i enjoyed the cleaning part
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
was only work experiance
Productive and well organised
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bingley9 September 2015
A typical day at Premier Inn included an informal staff meeting at the beginning of each day to decide which members of staff would attend which rooms. We would then have to organise the materials and stock list that would be required to attend the rooms that were allocated to us. Throughout the shift we would have to attend customer rooms, fulfilling any customer requirements and meeting the high standards that Premier Inn has in place.

The most important things I learnt whilst working for Premier Inn is having the responsibility to represent the company's image. This involves wearing the allocated uniforms and adhering to a strict code of conduct including how you should treat customers, as well as health and safety procedures. I also had the responsibility on a few occasions to train new members of staff since I was considered to be one of the most productive workers by the end of my employment.

The management at Premier Inn was very professional and very caring.

The same can be said for my co-workers. Once everybody started their shift, everybody knew what had to be done for the day, and they did so to the best of their ability.

The hardest part of the job was the physical demands and time management. Having to "turn around" large hotel rooms in an extremely short period of time was a difficult task to achieve early on, but with the continuous support of management and co-workers, you will soon find your rhythm.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of customers who would complement you on the rooms that you had just made up for them. Additionally,
  more... interacting with customers on a personal level was also very enjoyable.  less
Terrible company, not a good employer at all
Room attendant (Current Employee) –  Worcestershire3 September 2015
I have been with the company since April 2015,having transferred from quite a sister hotel not far away. There is definitely a them and us culture within the hotels and if your face doesn't fit,things can become very difficult, staff don't stay very long.

Most of the management are un-caring, lazy and have no idea about employee relations. The upstairs staff are great but most of the downstairs are stuck up, know nothing about leadership and very inexperienced. Find a decent job because I need too.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Long hours, rota changes at short notice, always wrong, dreadful and unapproachable management
Room attendant
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port1 September 2015
Good work atmosphere, helpful staff while learning job skills. The only down side was they could not provide me with enough hours
stress in the workplace
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 July 2015
Every day the same stress from manager.nHotel staff are nice. But i think this place not wright for me cause i don't want clean rooms all my life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.