Premier Inn Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Poor management
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire17 February 2018
The management are a joke they treat you badly if they don't like you they will find anyway to sack you. They don't appreciate your hard work or how many hours you put in for them never any positive feedback from the management team it's alway negative feedback. All there bothered about is there bonuses at the end of the year they are a disgrace. The night staff are brilliant people had a great laugh with them, the day staff they do like to spread rumours and talk behind your back so be careful.
Pros
Cons
Rubbish management staff
Poor management
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex29 January 2018
I was invited along for a trial on the night duty . Was relieved at 3am in the morning which was shocking as I was a young female , was told management would call me to see how my trial shift went .. I’m still waiting for the call to date
I wouldn't work for Premier Inn again
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roath16 January 2018
I dont like the work environment. I felt there was no room for progression. However management was fantastic and made it worth sticking around for the amount of time that i did.
Pros
Cons
alot
Up and downs
Receptionist and Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bellshill, North Lanarkshire10 January 2018
Worked for the company for almost 14 years. Has a lot of benefits and discounts. Enjoyed my job as worked as part of the team as Waitress, bar work and then onto team leader in play area
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shift work
Good benefits, average pay, awful rotas
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station7 January 2018
Good benefits such as 50% off rooms but i have to work morning, late and night shifts all in the same week which is intense. Cant really socialise after a shift as you cant be bothered to and guests can/ will be unnecessarily rude and mess up your day. Good experience and good as a temporary job.
Pros
Free hot drinks, cheap hotel rooms and many different discounts
Cons
Rubbish hours and pay, very very boring
work placement
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  cresent link derry8 December 2017
i did 8 days working experience in the premier inn doing housekeeping and reception to get a good idea how the hotel works i must say i enjoyed the reception work better
Great Company but awful policies.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  South East5 December 2017
I can’t fault the company and what it stands for. There are great benefits to the company and you do feel part of a big family working for premier inn. But the management and their policies is absolutely absurd!!! I work as a receptionist which I love, love the guests love the work. But if someone calls in sick whilst your on shift it’s up to you to find cover from other sites. And unfortunately if no one can cover you are left with doing a 15+ hour shift, Ive heard stories of people doing close to a 24hour shift purley because you rely on you coworkers so much the policy is if you are calling in sick you can ring a minimum of 3 hours before your shift starts.......THREE hours to find cover at 4am it’s a ridiculous idea. I think it’s crazy. Your not entitled to a lunch or proper break. You can sit out the back and nibble on a sand which for a few seconds until you have to go back to your desk and deal with a guest. The hours are unsociable and the job itself can be slow leaving you with not much to actually do other than sit at the desk and wait for a guest to engage with. Unfortunately I wouldn’t recommend working for premier inn simply on this basis of the ridiculous idea that we are somehow robots who are willing to do 24hour shifts and have no breaks.
Pros
Employee benefits/discounts
Cons
A lot.
Easy Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim29 November 2017
Easy Job, not a lot of thinking to do if you follow protocol. well set up. strong organisation, if managed well its a great place to start in Hospitality.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex23 November 2017
It’s a fab place to work for if you don’t have a life... the hours were a bit dodgy and were not flexible at all, the pay was just okay, it wasn’t anything special. But apart from that the actual environment and the people you got to meet where just great and management were lovely too.
Working, working, working
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Stirling6 November 2017
Not great. Always working 2pm till 10pm then starting at 6am again the next day on reception. If someone phones in sick management does card left to do double shift.
Premier inn says their all about growing you up in the company but that is not true. If your someone favourite yeah.
Pay isn’t great for the job I do. Being left alone to work in an hotel by myself is very dangerous.
Cons
Long hours. No breaks in between. Less than 8 hours between shifts
n/a
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oxford2 November 2017
check in and check out. reception and office. cleaning occasionaly and making beds. no break (not paid and most of the times you take it due to the hotel being busy
Pros
Some of the discounts you get from working with them
Cons
No food provided, no paid break
Brilliant company overall
Receptionist/bar/restaurant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne28 October 2017
Worked here for three years, i started when my daughter was nearly 3 months old. surprisingly the work life balance was good and i got plenty of quality time with my daughter. The pay was good and plenty of training. i got change to do all of my qualifications in hospitality which has helped me greatly. Some of the management were too young in my opinion.
Pros
brilliant staff, actually enjoyed going to work
Cons
Never managed to finish on time
Good company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset25 October 2017
The company is not only a great starting point for people but also a great place in order to succeed and grow within the company. There are many opportunities and the team members are amazing.
Good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 October 2017
Good to work at and enjoyed working here, nice and friendly staff with an interesting and motivating job. Helped me manage time effectively and balance school and work life.
Pros
Motivating
Cons
Boring
Interesting and enjoyable
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dover25 September 2017
Working for this hotel was very enjoyable, dealing with interesting and different people everyday on their way to or from holidays. Making sure they have the best possible stay.
busy and organised
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Croydon19 September 2017
Worked in several different departments
General domestic duties such as help with the up keep of the hotel
Accounts - billing, invoicing & maintenance of existing accounts
Office duties, filing, photocopying, computer database
Deal with enquiries, give good customer service
Supervised in the Restaurant area and dealt with customers
Pros
breakfast
Cons
no work between 11 and 2
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire15 September 2017
I'm working with really lovely people. We are always with good mood, full of energy and ready for hard work.
We are dealing with guests on daily basis.
Pros
Privilege card
Cons
usually working over the weekends
life-style orientated
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Leeds15 September 2017
the role and hours suited life-style at the time
there's not much room for progression
very limited benefits
good culture
supportive and fun colleagues
Great members of staff to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire1 September 2017
It was an enjoyable company to work for hours where shifts and long
Was great meeting new people on a day to day bacis and getting to know them and most retuned .
Pros
Getting discount on food
Lovely place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshirek19 August 2017
Had a lovely time working there only thing was constant change of management.
I would always be happy to take on extra shifts bit i fwlt as though i was the only one who was called and the only one who'd always accept an felt if I dint then id shunning the work place and staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

Premier Inn Reviews by Location