Premier Inn Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Found 229 reviews matching the search See all 1,182 reviews
Night Reception
Night Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London14 September 2018
Been here a month and a bit and I already feel like packing it and calling it quits, there's been next to no training. I gotta do the majority of the house keeping jobs myself tho I just think this is my site as others I have talk to on different sites say they don't do half the stuff I do.

Management is a joke only paid me for three days salary instead of 18 and is yet to sign off my online courses after nagging them several times to do so, there has to be two night receptionists on hand tho the other receptionist I work with leaves me to do all the tasks at hand and then has ago at me if I do something wrong while he sits in the back and watches his films (again not on me as I have had lack of training)

I've recently applied for other jobs because this job is starting to bring down my positivity the only reason I haven't gone yet is because I dont wanna let the girl down that hired me
Pros
I get to set my hours around my GFS schedule
Cons
Longs hours lack of training poor management everyone is in it for themselves
With the right manager this company is excellent.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, UK4 September 2018
Good work environment, pleasant aside from the occasional exceptions. I would happily work for this company again. Good benefits, friendly teams, interesting work. Sometimes it could be let down by a team member or a manager but aside from that it's the best service job I've ever had.
Pros
Every day there can be something new.
Cons
Depending on the site you could be working alone.
fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport, West Sussex3 September 2018
very fun and exciting working environment, busy as its based at the airport with a variety of people from all different walks of life. great for meeting people
Good team
Nights Reception (Current Employee) –  Trentham14 August 2018
Pay for night shift is not great BUT there is not a lot of work overall on a 11pm-7am shift and I'd much rather work less stressful night shifts than a busy hotel in the day.

As long as you get all required jobs done fast, you get good long breaks and can happily sit and read/watch Netflix/do coursework as long as you are close to reception and keeping an eye on things.
You are ultimately responsible for the hotel and all guests whilst on shift so I believe this position is suitable to the more mature and experienced. There should be a minimum of 2 staff working night shift but I have heard of understaffed, smaller hotels only having 1 person which does not sound good.

A typical night shift includes checking some late arrivals into the hotel, very little bar work, closing the bar, cashing up, cleaning the lobby and restaurant, emptying bins, and setting up for breakfast in the morning.

Training is mostly hands on and a series of online courses. You're also sent to do Emergency First Aid at Work course (paid for by the company) and it lasts for 3 years.

Night hours can be difficult for some but generally the max is 3 nights a week unless cover is needed, which allows for better work/life balance. Rotas are provided 2 weeks in advance and management are approachable and flexible if you need specific days off.

Management could be better - a bit too relaxed with no real motivation.
Day and evening staff constantly leave tasks unfinished so night shift are usually left to pick up the slack which is pretty annoying.

Whitbread is a big company so a fair amount of
  more... opportunity for progression and regular pay rises. Night shift positions are definitely more secure than day shift too.  less
Not a Job for me
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk6 August 2018
Was a lone worker with no support. Never got any breaks, had to make up beds for people that arrived who made a booking at reception- wasn't sure why house keeping had not already done this!!
While doing this if someone arrived in Reception they would ring a bell and you had to go and see to them as well. Very stressful at times. Especially if something went wrong, which happened frequently and you would end up with a queue of huffing people in reception who never understand the problems.
On site Manager who actually worked shifts on reception -so was never around when they were needed was brilliant but having to work reception shifts was ridiculous.
Upper Management, when they came to visit totally ignored me on reception - not very god.
Benefits were the best part of the job !!! Reduced rates in the restaurant and hotel accommodation. The rest of the staff were brilliant. Had to do a lot of lone online courses in a portal which was really boring and you don't really understand it !!
Pros
Cons
Lone worker, no Management support, very stressfull at times
Run
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport3 August 2018
Job was very busy at times customers could be difficult and some of them are liars and management never believe staff always short staff and don't expect to be paid for what you work that month as they have a labour budget and if they go over it they don't pay you till the following month not good staff you work with was young but had a great rapour with made the job bearable

Expect to be investigated for any infraction and disaplined for it
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Don't expect the management to believe you or help you
great people fun place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Balsall Common2 August 2018
every day was a fun experience and met a few life long friends as well as getting all work done. will always miss working there. the hardest part of the day was having to go home :)
Pros
free lunches and cheap rooms
Cons
nothing
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk9 July 2018
A pleasant job but a lot of repetition. If you got caught with the 3-11pm shift it would take away from your own free time. Part time workers would take extra hours out of choice but there contracts were never increased.
Pros
knew your rota a month ahead
Cons
minimum salary
Brilliant Workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingsteignton8 July 2018
During my week working at Premier Inn on Work Experience, my roles were challenging, strenuous and required me to work as part of a team within the hotel. This meant that I had to think on my feet and be aware of my team members as I had to ensure my work reflected positively on Premier Inn. My main goal was to be confident as well as completing everything I did to the highest possible standard, ensuring I met the requirements. Working within this environment taught me how to work under pressure as well as how to deal with customers and meet the company’s guidelines to the highest possible standard, this taught me how to think on my feet and represent the company the best I possibly could. Following the company’s guidelines taught me how to come across and look as professional as I could as well as teaching me how to act under large amounts of pressure. Everyone I had contact with at my particular branch were nothing but caring and genuine people who were a joy to work alongside for the week.
Pros
The Team
Cons
Long Hours
Learn as much as you can whilst there
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Croydon14 June 2018
Use this job as an opportunity to learn everything about the internal workings of a hotel. People go to university to study something you can learn whilst being paid.

Learn reception, night audits, cashing up and bartending. Good place to work and okay money.

Work varies in difficulty depending on how busy the hotel is.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Unclear breaks
Always helped to achieve your best.
Nightshift Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife6 June 2018
Typical day at work consists of dealing with guests, often without support from colleagues (hotels with fewer than 100 rooms only have one receptionist on at a time). Though this does massively boost your confidence.
Pros
up to 50% off rooms
Cons
often solitary working conditions
receptionist
Receptionist, Barmaid and Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 June 2018
A typical day is busy working in different areas of the business.
I learned how to work in all the different roles and how to transfer and develop all my skills
Productive and ideal work environment.
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitstable30 May 2018
Rountine and daily tasks make the job enjoyable and easy to adjust to whilst also having enough variety and spontaneous events that you are never bored or left without anything to do. Enjoyable job and great staff to work with, very friendly and helpful should any problems or possible miscommunications occur.
NIGHT RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Woolwich23 May 2018
Premier Inn is a professional and demanding environment to work in, where you face new guests everyday, making them feel welcomed. The shift pattern tends to be 8 hour shifts and the day to day activities make this feel quicker. the hardest part about the job is working anti-social hours (11pm to 7am), the best part about the job is dealing with the guests.
I was only here on work experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southwark, Greater London21 May 2018
team was great, felt very welcome and at home instantly. thoroughly enjoyed all of it. was a quiet branch so did get very boring towards the end of the day though
good workplace
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Thetford17 May 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Premier Inn. I was put through an apprenticeship which was fantastic and trained in housekeeping as well as my main role as a receptionist. The team at the time were friendly and helpful and I worked closely with the restaurant staff which was nice.
Productive and fun work place
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport16 April 2018
I enjoyed working at the Premier Inn, I learned how to work well under pressure, it also helped me to advance my communication skills as it was a very customer focused job role.
Cons
late hours
steady away
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull3 April 2018
a good job if you like time to yourself. very quiet, nice people. work is not too difficult but training does not extend to emergency situations, for example, an alarm going off and not knowing what to do.
productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  manchester dentob26 March 2018
from my experience i like to be kept busy
learned till work, customer service and handling food
hardest part would be how busy it gets but it kept me occupied
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great place to work and grow
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne13 March 2018
I cant fault Premier Inn as an employer. Fantastic place to work and the advancement opportunities are always there. The benefits are great and the pay isnt bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

Premier Inn Reviews by Location