Premier Inn Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Found 223 reviews matching the search See all 1,141 reviews
Run
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport3 August 2018
Job was very busy at times customers could be difficult and some of them are liars and management never believe staff always short staff and don't expect to be paid for what you work that month as they have a labour budget and if they go over it they don't pay you till the following month not good staff you work with was young but had a great rapour with made the job bearable

Expect to be investigated for any infraction and disaplined for it
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Don't expect the management to believe you or help you
great people fun place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Balsall Common2 August 2018
every day was a fun experience and met a few life long friends as well as getting all work done. will always miss working there. the hardest part of the day was having to go home :)
Pros
free lunches and cheap rooms
Cons
nothing
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk9 July 2018
A pleasant job but a lot of repetition. If you got caught with the 3-11pm shift it would take away from your own free time. Part time workers would take extra hours out of choice but there contracts were never increased.
Pros
knew your rota a month ahead
Cons
minimum salary
Brilliant Workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingsteignton8 July 2018
During my week working at Premier Inn on Work Experience, my roles were challenging, strenuous and required me to work as part of a team within the hotel. This meant that I had to think on my feet and be aware of my team members as I had to ensure my work reflected positively on Premier Inn. My main goal was to be confident as well as completing everything I did to the highest possible standard, ensuring I met the requirements. Working within this environment taught me how to work under pressure as well as how to deal with customers and meet the company’s guidelines to the highest possible standard, this taught me how to think on my feet and represent the company the best I possibly could. Following the company’s guidelines taught me how to come across and look as professional as I could as well as teaching me how to act under large amounts of pressure. Everyone I had contact with at my particular branch were nothing but caring and genuine people who were a joy to work alongside for the week.
Pros
The Team
Cons
Long Hours
Learn as much as you can whilst there
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Croydon14 June 2018
Use this job as an opportunity to learn everything about the internal workings of a hotel. People go to university to study something you can learn whilst being paid.

Learn reception, night audits, cashing up and bartending. Good place to work and okay money.

Work varies in difficulty depending on how busy the hotel is.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Unclear breaks
Always helped to achieve your best.
Nightshift Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife6 June 2018
Typical day at work consists of dealing with guests, often without support from colleagues (hotels with fewer than 100 rooms only have one receptionist on at a time). Though this does massively boost your confidence.
Pros
up to 50% off rooms
Cons
often solitary working conditions
receptionist
Receptionist, Barmaid and Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 June 2018
A typical day is busy working in different areas of the business.
I learned how to work in all the different roles and how to transfer and develop all my skills
Productive and ideal work environment.
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitstable30 May 2018
Rountine and daily tasks make the job enjoyable and easy to adjust to whilst also having enough variety and spontaneous events that you are never bored or left without anything to do. Enjoyable job and great staff to work with, very friendly and helpful should any problems or possible miscommunications occur.
NIGHT RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Woolwich23 May 2018
Premier Inn is a professional and demanding environment to work in, where you face new guests everyday, making them feel welcomed. The shift pattern tends to be 8 hour shifts and the day to day activities make this feel quicker. the hardest part about the job is working anti-social hours (11pm to 7am), the best part about the job is dealing with the guests.
I was only here on work experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southwark, Greater London21 May 2018
team was great, felt very welcome and at home instantly. thoroughly enjoyed all of it. was a quiet branch so did get very boring towards the end of the day though
good workplace
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Thetford17 May 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Premier Inn. I was put through an apprenticeship which was fantastic and trained in housekeeping as well as my main role as a receptionist. The team at the time were friendly and helpful and I worked closely with the restaurant staff which was nice.
Productive and fun work place
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport16 April 2018
I enjoyed working at the Premier Inn, I learned how to work well under pressure, it also helped me to advance my communication skills as it was a very customer focused job role.
Cons
late hours
steady away
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull3 April 2018
a good job if you like time to yourself. very quiet, nice people. work is not too difficult but training does not extend to emergency situations, for example, an alarm going off and not knowing what to do.
productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  manchester dentob26 March 2018
from my experience i like to be kept busy
learned till work, customer service and handling food
hardest part would be how busy it gets but it kept me occupied
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great place to work and grow
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne13 March 2018
I cant fault Premier Inn as an employer. Fantastic place to work and the advancement opportunities are always there. The benefits are great and the pay isnt bad
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Harpole2 March 2018
Friendly and compliant staff, lovely customers. Good reviews. clean and tidy hotel.
Flexible within reasonable hours and holidays
Good management
Reasonable pay
Good training process
Overall good
Nights Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Liverpool Albert Dock1 March 2018
The benefits for working at the Premier Inn are great. Management doesn't really understand the effects of mental health vary from person to person and don't really show any sympathy when you have an episode.
Its the type of job where you either love it or hate it. I started to like it, until the management changed that and now, I am unhappy working there. Everyone is different, so, don't take my word for it. It's up to you to make up your own mind about it.
Pros
Discounts and benefits
Not enough to do
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Petersfield27 February 2018
Considering you are first point of contact, I found there was not enough to do and found the time went so slowly. I feel as though I could have been trained better and that the person training me at the time did not actually want to be there therefore rushing everything and not giving me the training I really needed.
consisent work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire26 February 2018
Working for this company was a secure job. I had consistent hours and duties on every shift and I have support from management if I ever had any problems.
Terrible manager bully
Reception (Former Employee) –  Ulverston, Cumbria19 February 2018
Started at the new one in ulverston. Part of 30 new starters. After two three weeks I left, so had over 10% of the original 30
I was picked at and could never do anything right for my manager. We were TOLD to do things instead of Asked!
The contracts suck too as you can't have another job along side it. Last minute staying too almost every shift I did. God help anyone with kids or commitment
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
Short notice rota. Nasty managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

Premier Inn Reviews by Location