Premier Inn Employee Reviews for Receptionist

good workplace
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Thetford17 May 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Premier Inn. I was put through an apprenticeship which was fantastic and trained in housekeeping as well as my main role as a receptionist. The team at the time were friendly and helpful and I worked closely with the restaurant staff which was nice.
productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  manchester dentob26 March 2018
from my experience i like to be kept busy
learned till work, customer service and handling food
hardest part would be how busy it gets but it kept me occupied
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great place to work and grow
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne13 March 2018
I cant fault Premier Inn as an employer. Fantastic place to work and the advancement opportunities are always there. The benefits are great and the pay isnt bad
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Harpole2 March 2018
Friendly and compliant staff, lovely customers. Good reviews. clean and tidy hotel.
Flexible within reasonable hours and holidays
Good management
Reasonable pay
Good training process
Overall good
Nights Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Liverpool Albert Dock1 March 2018
The benefits for working at the Premier Inn are great. Management doesn't really understand the effects of mental health vary from person to person and don't really show any sympathy when you have an episode.
Its the type of job where you either love it or hate it. I started to like it, until the management changed that and now, I am unhappy working there. Everyone is different, so, don't take my word for it. It's up to you to make up your own mind about it.
Pros
Discounts and benefits
Not enough to do
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Petersfield27 February 2018
Considering you are first point of contact, I found there was not enough to do and found the time went so slowly. I feel as though I could have been trained better and that the person training me at the time did not actually want to be there therefore rushing everything and not giving me the training I really needed.
Terrible manager bully
Reception (Former Employee) –  Ulverston, Cumbria19 February 2018
Started at the new one in ulverston. Part of 30 new starters. After two three weeks I left, so had over 10% of the original 30
I was picked at and could never do anything right for my manager. We were TOLD to do things instead of Asked!
The contracts suck too as you can't have another job along side it. Last minute staying too almost every shift I did. God help anyone with kids or commitment
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
Short notice rota. Nasty managers
Boring
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Slough3 February 2018
I donr my work experince here and it wasn’t the best of places. The staff were very welcoming and nice. However there wasn’t much for my to do which made my days quit boring. I got sent home early most days.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Leaving early
Poor management
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex29 January 2018
I was invited along for a trial on the night duty . Was relieved at 3am in the morning which was shocking as I was a young female , was told management would call me to see how my trial shift went .. I’m still waiting for the call to date
I wouldn't work for Premier Inn again
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roath16 January 2018
I dont like the work environment. I felt there was no room for progression. However management was fantastic and made it worth sticking around for the amount of time that i did.
Pros
Cons
alot
Up and downs
Receptionist and Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bellshill, North Lanarkshire10 January 2018
Worked for the company for almost 14 years. Has a lot of benefits and discounts. Enjoyed my job as worked as part of the team as Waitress, bar work and then onto team leader in play area
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shift work
Good benefits, average pay, awful rotas
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station7 January 2018
Good benefits such as 50% off rooms but i have to work morning, late and night shifts all in the same week which is intense. Cant really socialise after a shift as you cant be bothered to and guests can/ will be unnecessarily rude and mess up your day. Good experience and good as a temporary job.
Pros
Free hot drinks, cheap hotel rooms and many different discounts
Cons
Rubbish hours and pay, very very boring
work placement
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  cresent link derry8 December 2017
i did 8 days working experience in the premier inn doing housekeeping and reception to get a good idea how the hotel works i must say i enjoyed the reception work better
Great Company but awful policies.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  South East5 December 2017
I can’t fault the company and what it stands for. There are great benefits to the company and you do feel part of a big family working for premier inn. But the management and their policies is absolutely absurd!!! I work as a receptionist which I love, love the guests love the work. But if someone calls in sick whilst your on shift it’s up to you to find cover from other sites. And unfortunately if no one can cover you are left with doing a 15+ hour shift, Ive heard stories of people doing close to a 24hour shift purley because you rely on you coworkers so much the policy is if you are calling in sick you can ring a minimum of 3 hours before your shift starts.......THREE hours to find cover at 4am it’s a ridiculous idea. I think it’s crazy. Your not entitled to a lunch or proper break. You can sit out the back and nibble on a sand which for a few seconds until you have to go back to your desk and deal with a guest. The hours are unsociable and the job itself can be slow leaving you with not much to actually do other than sit at the desk and wait for a guest to engage with. Unfortunately I wouldn’t recommend working for premier inn simply on this basis of the ridiculous idea that we are somehow robots who are willing to do 24hour shifts and have no breaks.
Pros
Employee benefits/discounts
Cons
A lot.
Easy Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim29 November 2017
Easy Job, not a lot of thinking to do if you follow protocol. well set up. strong organisation, if managed well its a great place to start in Hospitality.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex23 November 2017
It’s a fab place to work for if you don’t have a life... the hours were a bit dodgy and were not flexible at all, the pay was just okay, it wasn’t anything special. But apart from that the actual environment and the people you got to meet where just great and management were lovely too.
Working, working, working
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Stirling6 November 2017
Not great. Always working 2pm till 10pm then starting at 6am again the next day on reception. If someone phones in sick management does card left to do double shift.
Premier inn says their all about growing you up in the company but that is not true. If your someone favourite yeah.
Pay isn’t great for the job I do. Being left alone to work in an hotel by myself is very dangerous.
Cons
Long hours. No breaks in between. Less than 8 hours between shifts
n/a
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oxford2 November 2017
check in and check out. reception and office. cleaning occasionaly and making beds. no break (not paid and most of the times you take it due to the hotel being busy
Pros
Some of the discounts you get from working with them
Cons
No food provided, no paid break
Brilliant company overall
Receptionist/bar/restaurant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne28 October 2017
Worked here for three years, i started when my daughter was nearly 3 months old. surprisingly the work life balance was good and i got plenty of quality time with my daughter. The pay was good and plenty of training. i got change to do all of my qualifications in hospitality which has helped me greatly. Some of the management were too young in my opinion.
Pros
brilliant staff, actually enjoyed going to work
Cons
Never managed to finish on time
Good company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset25 October 2017
The company is not only a great starting point for people but also a great place in order to succeed and grow within the company. There are many opportunities and the team members are amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

Premier Inn Reviews by Location