Premier Inn Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Found 240 reviews matching the search See all 1,237 reviews
Very fun enthusiastic team big family
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pacific Quay, Glasgow26 October 2018
Premier Inn Located at the Pacific Quay is a fantastic place to work. The team are fantastic. Typical day in work is greeting the team with a good morning and talking to positive/friendly guests.
The management are outstanding and have time for every member of the team. They carry out their face to face meetings with team members to make sure they remain motivated in the workplace. They develop every member in different areas of the hotel to gain experience and motivate.
The workplace culture is special its being part of a happy family and everyone is unique in their own way. We all have different skills and attributes to bring to the business.
I learned as part of a team to be responsible and to carry out tasks in a competent and satisfactory level to keep management and guests happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting guests from all over the world and gaining new skills and development in the workplace.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
No more Costa Coffe discounts
Night Reception
Night Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London14 September 2018
Been here a month and a bit and I already feel like packing it and calling it quits, there's been next to no training. I gotta do the majority of the house keeping jobs myself tho I just think this is my site as others I have talk to on different sites say they don't do half the stuff I do.

Management is a joke only paid me for three days salary instead of 18 and is yet to sign off my online courses after nagging them several times to do so, there has to be two night receptionists on hand tho the other receptionist I work with leaves me to do all the tasks at hand and then has ago at me if I do something wrong while he sits in the back and watches his films (again not on me as I have had lack of training)

I've recently applied for other jobs because this job is starting to bring down my positivity the only reason I haven't gone yet is because I dont wanna let the girl down that hired me
Pros
I get to set my hours around my GFS schedule
Cons
Longs hours lack of training poor management everyone is in it for themselves
Not a Job for me
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk6 August 2018
Was a lone worker with no support. Never got any breaks, had to make up beds for people that arrived who made a booking at reception- wasn't sure why house keeping had not already done this!!
While doing this if someone arrived in Reception they would ring a bell and you had to go and see to them as well. Very stressful at times. Especially if something went wrong, which happened frequently and you would end up with a queue of huffing people in reception who never understand the problems.
On site Manager who actually worked shifts on reception -so was never around when they were needed was brilliant but having to work reception shifts was ridiculous.
Upper Management, when they came to visit totally ignored me on reception - not very god.
Benefits were the best part of the job !!! Reduced rates in the restaurant and hotel accommodation. The rest of the staff were brilliant. Had to do a lot of lone online courses in a portal which was really boring and you don't really understand it !!
Pros
Cons
Lone worker, no Management support, very stressfull at times
Horrendous
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  South West25 November 2018
Horrendous, I did not know that such awful management existed. I’m not sure there is even one honest person within the management team. I work/ed across many different sites and each was the same unpleasant, backstabbing culture. A very demoralising company to work for ☹️
Pros
Ok pension contribution. Discount card
Cons
Everything else
Good first job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London5 November 2018
Premier Inn have some good benefits, its a good job for your first job.
I thoroughly enjoyed the customer service part. However Management do not take care of their staff!
With the right manager this company is excellent.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, UK4 September 2018
Good work environment, pleasant aside from the occasional exceptions. I would happily work for this company again. Good benefits, friendly teams, interesting work. Sometimes it could be let down by a team member or a manager but aside from that it's the best service job I've ever had.
Pros
Every day there can be something new.
Cons
Depending on the site you could be working alone.
Brilliant Workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingsteignton8 July 2018
During my week working at Premier Inn on Work Experience, my roles were challenging, strenuous and required me to work as part of a team within the hotel. This meant that I had to think on my feet and be aware of my team members as I had to ensure my work reflected positively on Premier Inn. My main goal was to be confident as well as completing everything I did to the highest possible standard, ensuring I met the requirements. Working within this environment taught me how to work under pressure as well as how to deal with customers and meet the company’s guidelines to the highest possible standard, this taught me how to think on my feet and represent the company the best I possibly could. Following the company’s guidelines taught me how to come across and look as professional as I could as well as teaching me how to act under large amounts of pressure. Everyone I had contact with at my particular branch were nothing but caring and genuine people who were a joy to work alongside for the week.
Pros
The Team
Cons
Long Hours
Run
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport3 August 2018
Job was very busy at times customers could be difficult and some of them are liars and management never believe staff always short staff and don't expect to be paid for what you work that month as they have a labour budget and if they go over it they don't pay you till the following month not good staff you work with was young but had a great rapour with made the job bearable

Expect to be investigated for any infraction and disaplined for it
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Don't expect the management to believe you or help you
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  wakefield, UK12 December 2018
A typical day at work is answer the phone, making, amending or cancelling reservations. Banking money, responding to emails. I have learned many things while working for PI I.e excellent customer service skills!! Management is fair.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Late to early shifts. Constant weekends
relaxed
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Battersea, Greater London2 December 2018
it was alright, pay wasn't to bad. it was fun working there. also met many different of people whilst working there. The staff were also nice. i got to learn how to deal with different type of customers.
Pros
relaxed job
Good team
Nights Reception (Current Employee) –  Trentham14 August 2018
Pay for night shift is not great BUT there is not a lot of work overall on a 11pm-7am shift and I'd much rather work less stressful night shifts than a busy hotel in the day.

As long as you get all required jobs done fast, you get good long breaks and can happily sit and read/watch Netflix/do coursework as long as you are close to reception and keeping an eye on things.
You are ultimately responsible for the hotel and all guests whilst on shift so I believe this position is suitable to the more mature and experienced. There should be a minimum of 2 staff working night shift but I have heard of understaffed, smaller hotels only having 1 person which does not sound good.

A typical night shift includes checking some late arrivals into the hotel, very little bar work, closing the bar, cashing up, cleaning the lobby and restaurant, emptying bins, and setting up for breakfast in the morning.

Training is mostly hands on and a series of online courses. You're also sent to do Emergency First Aid at Work course (paid for by the company) and it lasts for 3 years.

Night hours can be difficult for some but generally the max is 3 nights a week unless cover is needed, which allows for better work/life balance. Rotas are provided 2 weeks in advance and management are approachable and flexible if you need specific days off.

Management could be better - a bit too relaxed with no real motivation.
Day and evening staff constantly leave tasks unfinished so night shift are usually left to pick up the slack which is pretty annoying.

Whitbread is a big company so a fair amount of
  more... opportunity for progression and regular pay rises. Night shift positions are definitely more secure than day shift too.  less
lovely place to work
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire6 November 2018
learned about customer service and other job related responsibilities, every night we manage the hotel we check and do walk around every hour to make sure everything is okay
Pros
quiet
Great Career Starter
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dunstable1 November 2018
A great place to start a career in Hotel Industry or get some experience in customer service. You have an 8 hour shift in which u get to check in guests and deal with any guest related problems.
Overall good
Nights Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Liverpool Albert Dock1 March 2018
The benefits for working at the Premier Inn are great. Management doesn't really understand the effects of mental health vary from person to person and don't really show any sympathy when you have an episode.
Its the type of job where you either love it or hate it. I started to like it, until the management changed that and now, I am unhappy working there. Everyone is different, so, don't take my word for it. It's up to you to make up your own mind about it.
Pros
Discounts and benefits
Cons
productive and fun work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London26 October 2018
Premier Inn had a lot to offer in terms of an experience i will never forget. It wasn't too stressful and i the environment was more laid back. I had good training the staff were very polite. However, the hours could sometimes get a little long and i would feel a bit strained but other than that, i enjoyed my experience at Premier Inn.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Sometimes the hours would get long.
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk9 July 2018
A pleasant job but a lot of repetition. If you got caught with the 3-11pm shift it would take away from your own free time. Part time workers would take extra hours out of choice but there contracts were never increased.
Pros
knew your rota a month ahead
Cons
minimum salary
Great team work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 December 2018
I loved working here and I wish I still was, great team work and great managers. Very understanding and the hours of work are not bad at all. It’s a great way to meet new people while on the job.
Great place to work and grow
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne13 March 2018
I cant fault Premier Inn as an employer. Fantastic place to work and the advancement opportunities are always there. The benefits are great and the pay isnt bad
Really good start off place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fraddon9 November 2018
It’s a really good start off job to gain the experience you need to do hotel work, you learn how to handle every situation you’ll ever incounder ! I loved working here
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Not always easy hours
no comment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bristol28 October 2018
everything was good, good place to work with a good group of people. Good place if you want to progress through to a hotel manager as have different sizes of hotels within the company and within bristol

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

Premier Inn Reviews by Location