Premier Inn Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

very bad company to work for
house keeping (Former Employee) –  St. Neots Eaton Socon18 October 2018
no timeout, working flat out, management doesn't care about you there, rating not good at all, you feel like you just done 12 hours there, no training put in place for you-you have to work it out your self, the hardest part of the job is making the beds, and the rooms are also messy which is taking time to do, they only give you 20 mins per room to do, that is 3 rooms per hour, not good at all, the enjoyable part is getting out of there and going home from there i do not like going back there the next working day to do it all over again,
Pros
no free break
Cons
I have worked for premier inn for nearly 9 years always busy i was a house keeper until i wanted a transfer to the new premier in gloucester queys
Deputy house keeper (Current Employee) –  Gloucester Quays, Gloucestershire17 October 2018
I am now deputy house keeper have been doing head house keeping for nearly 7 weeks as head house keeper left i e enjoy this role and have applied for this poison have learned a lot from management and other members of staff o enjoy every day at work
Pros
Rewarding
Underpaid Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Glasgow11 October 2018
Racial harassment from part of the management, at least 30mins of unpaid job during every shift, not given enough means to do the job, total disinterest in employees working conditions and health
Fun work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barry11 October 2018
I’m this job I have learnt a lot of people skills and gained my confidence, I am a lot better at cleaning since working in this hotel , all of the staff are very lovely and are very helpful.
Modern day slavery at its worst
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 October 2018
Mini mum wage , expected to totally work you're body to the li m it. Management attitude is appalling to put it nicely . So without swearing , if you don't mind being pushed to the max with hardly any wage at end of it then go work here .
Pros
Cons
Hours are different every week
it was ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands27 September 2018
it was an okay job for a first job when you leave school or a part time job. Being a room attendant you have to change bedding for new customers ,clean and tidy room includes topping up beverages ,clean towels and hoovering.
Pros
Good flexible hours
Cons
staff could come across sometimes rude
Rude head house keeping staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire23 September 2018
Avoid working in this place you will get stabbed in the back by the operations management team and the head house keeper has no people skills at all she is very rude picking on you all the time and also swears a lot.

You are made to clock out before finishing your work if you are passed your target time so then you have to work and not get paid for it.

Just avoid working at this premier inn I hated the management and how they operated so I just had to leave there are better places to work than this place.
Pros
Cons
Rude management, Swearing from headhouse keeper
Avoid working for this company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff14 September 2018
Worked here for five years on housekeeping, loved it when I first started but as I got to know people and the management I could see management hiding the fact that others were getting paid more for the same job role.

No benefits to this job at all, when I started I was told there is courses that can help you progress through the company and not once was I allowed to do any of these courses.

Poor environment to work in, with management being the one starting a lot of gossip, the place was a complete joke and should be shut down.
Pros
No pros just lies about possible pros which don’t happen
Cons
treated badly by reception and maintenance staff who thought they were above you
fantastic work place with amazing friendly people
HOUSE KEEPING (Former Employee) –  Cwmbach, Rhondda Cynon Taff11 September 2018
in this work place I learned new things everyday. I learnt how to deal with difficult situations and how to over come them. I met new people everyday and gained loads of confidence in my self witch also helped a lot with my own personal health. I enjoyed the staff as they were all very understnding at times and if I needed help at all with anything on the job there were plenty of staff to help
Pros
reliable staff
Cons
kfc was over the road so I gained weight
Housekeeping
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester5 September 2018
At premier inn I cleaned bathrooms and re-arranged bedding, I found this practice to be quite draining as this line of work I find is a stepping stone to larger opportunities.The workplace culture consisted of a line of lovely middle aged ladies and a couple of male workers.
Cons
the job
lovely people to work with, also hard work.
housekeeper/ head house keeper (Current Employee) –  Thorpe Bay, Essex5 September 2018
I love working at the this place, it has the most amazing people to work with, very hard workers but know how to have fun. its the perfect job for me as I love cleaning.
Pros
get to see everyone at work
Cons
need more hours
Boring
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 August 2018
Housekeeping manager and supervisor were rude. They bullied the non-Romanians. There was no chance of advancing within the workplace either. I met other members of staff who were very nice. The pay is good too.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rude managers, lack of organisation
Great company
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire3 August 2018
I loved working here for my work experience wish I could work here for a part time staff as all the girls were great!! Thankyou so much for teaching me everything you did
Pros
Yeah
Cons
4 hours
It was fun workplace
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emgland30 July 2018
Its a fun and a welcome place to work and you make good friends and it keeps you on your toes a lot dkksxcdkxkckdkxkkkskdkdrkrdcfk. Kdk kd. MDM MD. Msm MD. Mdmfkdk
Pros
Make yoyr own food
Cons
Half a dah wlrm
Fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 July 2018
My typical day at work was waking up and going into work for a few hours and I cleaned up for people to come and have an enjoyable stay in the premier inn I also faced new challenges and also cleaned up to the hotels best ability I loved working in the premier inn I meet new people and learned how to communicate with new people
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
No cons I loved my job
It was okay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester8 July 2018
Enjoyed it at first but then changed my mind because one manager wasn’t so pleasant so left.
Didn’t pay me what I was owed and worked there a good couple of months
Pros
Staff was nice
Cons
Didn’t pay when supposed to
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London5 July 2018
Horrible place to work, management want 5 hours worth of work done in 2 hours so they can hit targets and get bonuses while you get absolutely nothing
Pros
None really
Cons
No help or support from management
Good shifts
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Doncaster14 June 2018
The shifts i was given was very good. some long days but alright to handle. If you've got the right team you'll get through the day with great teamwork.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Hardwork, Busy.
Fun at times
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  York11 June 2018
Management are making the job impossible apparently coming from h/o but who knows.
It has been fun at times and the girls are great but there are no pros to working here.offer a lot but deliver little in career advancement.
Cons
No advancement at all
Rewarding work place
Housekeeping Team Member (Current Employee) –  Southend10 June 2018
I enjoy working here, i take pride in the work i do, Staff are really nice to work with, lots of benefits with this job. The job is hard/tiring but i enjoy all of it.
Pros
Nice staff, benefits, you can go on to diferent departments
Cons
hard work and tiring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

Premier Inn Reviews by Location