Premier Inn Employee Reviews in Manchester

good place to work
room asstantant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 May 2018
when i worked as part of a team it was one of the best jobs i had wished i had never left .
best part of the job knowing that you had any problems you could go to the mangment and thay would try to help .
working part of sa team was great .
meeting different types of people was good .
Pros
good people
Cons
heavy lifting .
productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  manchester dentob26 March 2018
from my experience i like to be kept busy
learned till work, customer service and handling food
hardest part would be how busy it gets but it kept me occupied
Pros
free lunch
Cons
productive and fun work place
General Hotel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester6 March 2018
fun place to work, welcoming people and made new friends there, met different and new people including the customers and the employees. Helped me gain experience.
very fast paced
Chambermaid/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 November 2017
on a typical day working in the premier inn environment i would have stock on my trolley from the day before from my last shift as after each shift we had to restock for the next morning as it saves time. i would then go to staff meeting room and wait for my manager to give me daily duties which would be room attendant list with about 16-18 departures for an 8 hour shift. i would then go to reception to check on departures list to see who had vacated there room ready to be cleaned for the next guest. the job role would be me to start from the door as you walk in and work my way around the room finishing in the bathroom to then hoovering the floors and then leaving the room clean and tidy ready for my supervisor to then check my room on cleanliness for the next guest to arrive.
Pros
always busy great team work
Cons
when it gets quiet not many hours available
Good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 October 2017
Good to work at and enjoyed working here, nice and friendly staff with an interesting and motivating job. Helped me manage time effectively and balance school and work life.
Pros
Motivating
Cons
Boring
great staff
chamber maid room attendant (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 October 2017
friendly staff and good company to work for but not enough staff for all the work plenty of overtime and good training and discounts offers.they train and look after there staff well they give you the chance to progress to other jobs around the hotel but hard work for a room attendant
Pros
you can learn new jobs in the hotel industry
Cons
not enough staff in housekeeping
Fun workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 September 2017
Fantastic staff who helped me a lot in the working environment which i wasnt used to at the time. A typical day at work would be cleaning the rooms, working at reception and just tasking orders from staff. Management was also fantastic by helping me learn so much and treating me well under the team that worked there. The hardest part of the job was to keep the motivation up when cleaning rooms because it was quite draining and hard but i got through it. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team.
Pros
Half an hour break, short hours
Cons
No lunch breaks
Progression problems
Bar and Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester17 July 2017
There are very few opportunities for progression, and generally any progression that you are promised takes an awfully long time, even to take baby steps. Company can come down hard for simple things, and management will often go over their staffs heads to make themselves look better
Pros
Modern technology, friendly guests, cross-training
Cons
Short shifts, poor management structure
Productive job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 March 2017
Amazing and helpful management.
i learned how to deal with customers. Busy place always something to do. It was my high school work experience. As a receptionist i had a lot of contact with customers and i learned how to greet them and help them. as a Housekeeper i have learned how to work as a team, and how to keep up the high hotel standard.
loved working there and the peopke i worked with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 January 2017
Eas the happiest iv been when I was working g everyone made me feel welcome when I started and I was very sad to leave due to relocating
fun work place great people iconic brand hotel comfort ideal great trend setters
Assistant Chef (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 August 2016
A great day at work fun workplace to be great team members made great friends i learned about the brand itself and what they strive do for their consumers. i learnt what it takes to be a key member of staff.
Pros
Free breakfast and beverages such as tea and coffee
Cons
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester Portland street23 August 2016
Great to work for all team members working hard and enjoy the job at the same time we are friendly and have very high standard for our guest and help team members progress with in the company
Pros
Good benefits
brilliant
Housekeeping assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester18 July 2016
long hours, however very rewarding
management good and keep a proffesional appearance
very friendly staff,
free breakfast and lunches
Pros
free breakfast
productive
Housekeeping assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport Thorley lane7 April 2016
Premier inn had a very friendly and motivated management with a hardworking housing keeping team, the hours were good, with only morning shifts
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
Very physically demanding
Good experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Manchester20 March 2016
It was a great opportunity to gain the experience in the working environment within Premier Inn.

Working with a successful team making sure the rooms were clean and ready for the customers to use.

I gained experience in different job roles/tasks e.g. helping the linen porters providing the cleaners with fresh linen and assisting the reception area with customer queries.
Teadious
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG29 October 2015
Poor pay
Bad management
Unsociable hours
No respect
For the pay you are given you are left as a lone worker to run the hotel and can be on duty till after 11pm and back on duty at 7am you are given 15 minutes break on an 8 hour shift
Pros
Discount on bookings
Cons
Too young management
great team
placement (Former Employee) –  manchester6 April 2015
The management i worked with was excellent
There was some great staff at both hotels i worked at
The most enjoyable part of my placement was working with customers and learning more about premier inn
housekeeper/recptionist (Former Employee) –  manchester11 February 2015
i liked working there some of the staff were nice but the boss wasnt so therefor it put a downer onit.i will never work there again
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
this company ruined my career path
reception / administrator (Former Employee) –  sale Manchester1 December 2014
I worked at touch base meetings part of Whitbread a small part of there company dealing with meeting and events for companies.

I had reception admin position fab job..hours were brilliant 7.2 or 2.7 mon Fri no weekends bank holidays they are situated next to the premier inn hotels so you cross sell accommodation as well.

Worked there for 7 years..and whilst 6 years were brilliant the last year wasn't so good.
2009 was bad year made no money as recession hit we were pressured into chasing companies to use facilities hard sell..literally sales sales which I hated..eventually the sites new manager started pressuring us in other words trying to get rid of us..redundancy hit us..it was either sign new contact be paid weekly no bonus no more 32 days holidays work weekends for lower pay hence why me and my co worker and cleaners took the redundancy package...

In other words they wanted us to cover at hotel or restaurant to work long hours if the meeting centre was quiet..im an office girl not a pub girl !!

This company only care about themselves now the touchbases are academies now and the staff that stuck by managers are still there..its a cliche company and only employ there friends and most managers are kids!! Avoid .put it this way my dear friend I worked with passed away..my friends who were cleaners both unemployable now as both suffer illness since this company and me I'm.in and out of jobs since this is now 5 years.im 43!
Pros
hours no weekends long holiday entitlement (then)
Cons
changing contracts expected to go extra mile.clique staff.redundancy
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  manchester area9 September 2014
If i had a choice i would not work for them.
If you are over 30 ish you have no chance of climbing the ladder.
Nearly all the "managers" are kids and have their best mates working with them, therefore creating a clique and making life hard for other members of staff.
I have worked for PI for 7years at numerous sites and never been offered a chance to climb the ladder and i did ask, a lot. I was 48 when i started with a lot of working life left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.