Premier Inn Employee Reviews in London

Professionally and personally a wonderful place
Groundfloor staff (Former Employee) –  London18 January 2018
This was my first job in London and I could not have been happier. Genuinely finding people that care about the mission and purpose of their workplace but still fill it with their own individual touch alongside making it fun for guests and colleagues alike is a rare gem.

This place is something for good. Everyone is helpful and listens to anything and you will make friends just by the nature of it all.

Great management with fantastic ideals and ideas for the future course as well as great colleagues with that twinkle in their eye towards what they are building for their life.

It was only a mere two months but I have made such good memories that I cannot mourn my moving on from this.

Work at premier inn and you will have a good one. That is assured.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fair management, fantastic volunteer opportunities
Cons
Besides having to scrap dirty plates, nothing comes to mind.
Good workplace
Ground Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 September 2017
Good workplace, nice team work, we can have free lunch, but one of the cons is that sometimes we have to stay long hours, especially when an event day is.
Unproductive, Unorganised environment with Unprofessional management
FOH Receptionist/ Ground Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  London4 August 2017
I enjoyed working in hospitality and assisting the customers but I have to say that there was too much politics whilst working at Premier Inn. I was under constant scrutiny by the management and given very little support to succeed in my role as a receptionist/ ground floor team member.

The pay was just above minimum wage and the hours were bad as you only worked a few hours in the morning breakfast time or evening dinner. On top of that you were sent home early when it was quiet without pay.

I did learn a little of how to serve drinks from the bar and how to use the internal computer system working on reception when checking the guests in and out of the hotel.
Pros
New Building
Cons
No Breaks and Bad Atmosphere
Very good company overall
Administrator Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London1 July 2017
You have many option in enhancing your career in Premier Inn, that if you wish to have a career in hospitality or management. Cons: When management changes you have to start all over to prove yourself, most of you work is lost.
Shift Supervisor
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 June 2017
I enjoyed the 3 years I spent at Premier inn. It was a big steeping stone for me to work for such a great company. When i joined, the hotel was brand new and the excitement of opening a brand new hotel was fantastic.

I learned a lot from my time at Premier Inn. Working in the heart of London, it was a busy hotel. I discovered my love for customer service and customer satisfaction by working there.

The hardest part of the job for me personally was the late hours. Being a mum of two, I had to work late hours which meant not being there when my kids went to bed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and building great friendships and relationships at work with team members as well as the guests.
Pros
Discounts on rooms and food and beverage in any of the hotels in the world.
Cons
Long Hours.
Not to bad as a stop gap
Night Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 June 2017
Managers moved around a lot and work load was ok the biggest problem was for me I start on 40hrs a week and in the end was drop to 32hrs a week and everyone fight for the overtime and Rota moved a round a lot and get a phone call if some one did not turn up. Pay for nights was not good and when you pay bad you get people move on a lot. And the managers never got it. All the time stuff not turn up or just leave all the time
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Boring
otimo lugar para trabalhar
Headchef (Former Employee) –  Londres17 June 2017
bom lugar para trabalhar e para quem subir na carreira
Pros
cartao de descontos
Hard to move up
Ground Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  London10 June 2017
Premier inn, personally was not a great job for me, yes i learnt loads but with help of colleges. management was horrible. your request were not taken into consideration and when the managers were working it was not a fun environment unless they were in a good mood.
Pros
you have great people working there
Cons
you have to pay for your lunch, you cant even trust management with personal stuff.
Mohammed Hussein
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Hendon24 May 2017
I have had work experience with you last year and really did enjoy every minute of it, i'm really pleased and spreading awareness for Premier Inn Hendon.
Pros
Free Lunches, Kind and Helpful workers
Cons
Tiring
No hours, disrespectful management
Team Member - Full Time (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 May 2017
This job is good for people who are studying and want to have a little job. You will rarely make your contracted hours - and if managers dislike you it shows even if you offer to do more work. I learnt a lot working here dispite the experience, but I've never worked in such a degrading environment.
Pros
Promotion
Cons
Not enough hours
It is what you decide to make of it.
Reception Manager (Current Employee) –  South East London, Greater London13 May 2017
The job in itself is completely fine however some management within the kent and south east leave much to be desired. It would seem everyone is out to save themselves especially if it comes to management on warning.

Its a real shame as you have some very hardworking individuals however I can see why it then feels like you are a slave and its the worst place to come too as with management acting the way they do, it then has a knock on effect to staff.

I enjoyed working here until the management changed hands 6 months ago and now the hotel has gone from a strong point to very weak.

This now shows in every aspect.
Pros
Some hotels are better than others
Cons
very beneficial and lovely place to work
Receptionist and Administrator (Former Employee) –  London24 February 2017
My time spent at Premier Inn insisted of different job roles each day. One day i would work in the office and type up welcoming letters to the guests. Another day entailed of making up rooms for the guests to stay in. Then working with management and care specialist going around checking all lights and equipment were working correctly. Over my period of time here it was mostly enjoyable, at times things got difficult but worked out in the end.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Hard to travel to
Productive and Fun
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  London20 February 2017
overall, just a great place to work. Great people, pay and customers. Very chilled out and not boring, unless it is really not busy at all.
Pros
great people, benefits and pay.
Cons
can be boring when it isn't busy.
Easy and insightful work experience
Premier Inn Brentford Work experience (Former Employee) –  London18 February 2017
I was lucky enough to get a respectable position of work experience at Premier Inn. I was welcomed from start to finish, however, some members of staff was slightly cold and a bit unobservant of me. Younger member of staff (which were the ones I had the most contact with luckily) were nice and taught me well.
admin
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  london10 February 2017
The experience was alright .Overall I was able to enhance and build on my current skills however the job role was not personally engaging .
Ground Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  London25 January 2017
Great place to work, good training and good career progression. Good management who care about you and want the best. Also a fun place to work!
friendly working environment
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London5 January 2017
lots of difficulties as have to visit all the markets in Nepal
learned to deal with the customers
the management were really good. they were leader not a boss
skilled co-workers
dealing with customers and satisfying their need was very tough
used to get sales incentives
Pros
free life insurance
hostile
Ground floor team. (Former Employee) –  London15 December 2016
Long hours at early and late times not taking in to consideration of how to make things easier on the staff or better work productivity for example a late sift would start at 3pm end at 11pm but given a early shift the nest day would mean you where back at 6am and would work till 3pm
Hosts where lovely and great to work with along with some other colleagues. At others times the staff where a mess, couldn't work as a team and where bullies.
There wasn't any progress or praise for good work. while others had special treatment
but when working in earls court branch I had a wonderful time and worked in a wonderful environment
Fun work place
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  London18 November 2016
I enjoyed the experience, working with customers and meeting new people. I learned many things such as how to handle luggage, how to work with computer when arranging where customers would need to stay and if they required any extra resources such as additional pillows.
Pros
Close by
Cons
I was ill at the time I started working
Joke better off working in a sweatshop in the far east
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  London18 October 2016
The budget hotel runs on as cheap labour as possible whilst the management gain all the bonuses.

It really is about the management people who can motivate low paid employees to go the extra mile whilst offering sod all incentives other that the proverbial golden carrot.

The only thing makes it workable are the people some of the best I've met

They will chew you up and spit you out expecting high expectations without willing to give anything.

If management gave up their bonuses to staff I'm sure everyone would be happy.
But they have a selfish culture of their own chase the bonus hit the targets etc etc
Pros
Not many
Cons
Long hours low pay being used taken for granted expected to go extra mile
Pros
Not much
Cons
Everything being used with golden carrots dangled in front of you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.