Premier Inn Employee Reviews in London

Found 99 reviews matching the search See all 1,200 reviews
Night Reception
Night Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London14 September 2018
Been here a month and a bit and I already feel like packing it and calling it quits, there's been next to no training. I gotta do the majority of the house keeping jobs myself tho I just think this is my site as others I have talk to on different sites say they don't do half the stuff I do.

Management is a joke only paid me for three days salary instead of 18 and is yet to sign off my online courses after nagging them several times to do so, there has to be two night receptionists on hand tho the other receptionist I work with leaves me to do all the tasks at hand and then has ago at me if I do something wrong while he sits in the back and watches his films (again not on me as I have had lack of training)

I've recently applied for other jobs because this job is starting to bring down my positivity the only reason I haven't gone yet is because I dont wanna let the girl down that hired me
Pros
I get to set my hours around my GFS schedule
Cons
Longs hours lack of training poor management everyone is in it for themselves
Boring
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 August 2018
Housekeeping manager and supervisor were rude. They bullied the non-Romanians. There was no chance of advancing within the workplace either. I met other members of staff who were very nice. The pay is good too.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rude managers, lack of organisation
fun place to work
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2018
I worked here for 1 week because it was a work experience placement. my time there was great. the manager and staff that I encountered were very kind and helpful
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
Great team to work with, I was able to learn as i worked
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  london12 August 2018
Time management was vital in Premier Inn as well as any other company. However there were times when employees with shifts starting 2 hours later than mine, will be able to leave at the same time as me meaning that i would be working for longer hours for no reason. Although the team were friendly to me, they were also to easy on the new workers like myself. I would have preferred to be pushed by my fellow workers to fully understand what it means to work, however they focused too much on us enjoying ourselves rather than getting the work experience we needed to gain.

I learnt how to communicate and deal with customers with old ages, attitudes, and even disabilities; this was the upside of working here.

Hardest part was cleaning toilets.
Enjoyable part was getting to now the team and even customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad timekeeping
fun work place
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  London9 August 2018
It was always fun everyone I worked with even the customers new how to have fun but when it did come down to doing the job we would always make sure it was done properly
Pros
lunch was free
Cons
fish bowl of immature nonsense
Bartender (Former Employee) –  London15 July 2018
management poor, staff poor. it's like a mini version of high school. everyone complains about everyone else whilst being part of the problem. unenjoyable.
Great Team and Wonderful Experience
Receptionist and Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 July 2018
Nice place to work, the staff are lovely . I learned a lot in 2 years time. Lots of chance to develop yourself and move on. The hotel is in central london.
Best job for growth and independence and fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London11 July 2018
This to date was one of my fav jobs, i was very young and it was my first job but i was able to gain good money and was given a decent amount of responsibility. I worked morning shift into lunch which meant i was done by lunch and had all the time in the world for a personal life. loved it! wished i had worked there longer
Good Employer
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 July 2018
Flexible working hours, great team and management - Career progression encouraged and supported. All in all an excellent place to work. Salary expectations met
Pros
Free meals
Cons
unsocial hours
Nice
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London2 July 2018
I worked night shift at Premier Inn and it didnt even tire me out. It is relaxing to know even though you are working unsocialable hours that you still can enjoy work.
Nice management but hard in the long run
Cashier and back office (Former Employee) –  London29 June 2018
Excellent work place, may be boring in the long run. Very rigid promotion pathway. I worked on the main floor as a receptionist. We had a big deal of customers management and office admin experiences. Long hours but the pay is the minimum with rare bonuses. Although, the management is good and prepared as well as the workplace culture make the day run smoothly, you must be ready to be equipped of patience. In my case, speaking foreign languages is a plus making the human contact more enjoyable, but no recognition.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Rigid promotion culture
Comfortable environment
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  London17 June 2018
I'd work in the kitchen in the morning by helping out with cleaning and arranging cutlery. After a couple of hours, I will be help with welcoming customers to breakfast. Later in the day, I will work at the reception where I answered phone calls and booked customers into rooms. The most enjoyable part was to work at the reception as I was able to communicate with other people who were seeking for help.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
always standing
Customer friendly
New Opening Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  London13 June 2018
A very good company to work with. Takes good care of employee and customers. Focus on guest is their major mantra. Budget price but star service provider
New learning experience everyday
breakfast staff (Former Employee) –  London9 June 2018
When working on the floor during breakfast time at premier inn, I encountered a lot of different people each day from different parts of the world. I enjoyed speaking and serving these people. My workmates were also friendly and we had good teamwork. At first, I was shy and closed but this job helped me open up.
Pros
free breakfast
Hard and long
Linen porter, kitchen porter and housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London7 June 2018
My experience in premier inn wasn't so good at all. I was caring heavy stuff. Inside porter place was windy and cold. Management was ok. The most enjoyable part of the job was friendly people.
Excellent Job
HouseKeeper Agust2012 (Former Employee) –  London15 May 2018
The Premier Inn Hotel ,Was a best job in my life , the team workd
together.I was happy with them and with my Boss.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good Hours
Day to day
Team Leader & Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 March 2018
Some days are busy and tough with challenges other days are straight forward. Guest focus is a priority, to ensure that all guests enjoy their stay, any needs we make sure we attend to. Problem solving.
great workplace
Host (Duty Manager) (Former Employee) –  London14 March 2018
Great management team, knows how to talk and get a long with the team in order to get the most out of them. Premier Inn allows you to expand knowledge and they happily help you.
Nice Job
Linen Porter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 February 2018
I really enjoy working there. But the management they very rude with the staff. I have been working 12 hours out of 12 home. Yeah very strange rota. But overall busy place with nice people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Professionally and personally a wonderful place
Groundfloor staff (Former Employee) –  London18 January 2018
This was my first job in London and I could not have been happier. Genuinely finding people that care about the mission and purpose of their workplace but still fill it with their own individual touch alongside making it fun for guests and colleagues alike is a rare gem.

This place is something for good. Everyone is helpful and listens to anything and you will make friends just by the nature of it all.

Great management with fantastic ideals and ideas for the future course as well as great colleagues with that twinkle in their eye towards what they are building for their life.

It was only a mere two months but I have made such good memories that I cannot mourn my moving on from this.

Work at premier inn and you will have a good one. That is assured.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fair management, fantastic volunteer opportunities
Cons
Besides having to scrap dirty plates, nothing comes to mind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.