Premier Inn Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 1,143 reviews
great location
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Birmingham10 July 2018
same jobs day in day out
not structured training plans
management is poor and they delegate most work to shift managers
hardest part of the job sometimes is dealing with difficult guests but I like to see this as a challenge of good customer service
Pros
benefits, discounts and location
Cons
part time staff dont seen to progress
One of the industry leaders
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 February 2018
Good company to work for but it is going through a lot of restructuring which doesn't give great job security. Also work life balance is poor for a manager. On call 24 hours a day and if someone calls in sick you have to cover it yourself.
Pros
Good benefits, discounts etc
Cons
Constant restructuring, work life balance
miserable
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham24 January 2018
Operations and Assistant Operation Managers only care about their bonuses and don't put the hotel needs first. You are left with minimum stock and glassware behind the bar as don't want to order things to save more money to enhance their bonus, They don't care about your social life and expect you to drop anything and turn up at work when needed. Used to be a nice place to work until a change of management.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
no social life
Great colleagues fun place to work
Linen Porter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 January 2018
I enjoyed my time working in Premier inn Lovely people and a comfortable work environment not enough hours so I felt they lacked in offering me stability.
Professional yet friendly workplace
Hotel Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham NEC/ Airport8 January 2018
I learned do much working here.
Gained qualifications, was given opportunities to advance within my role, learn new loles new responsibilities and career.
Covering for my reception team leader while on maternity and duty manager cover not only at my hotel but at another in Peterborough for an entire weekend.
Fire safety , health and safety and first aid and hospitality qualifications I gained here. I gained experice in the restaurant and bar also.
Pros
Team i worked in and the opportunities to gain qualifications and experience gained.
Cons
Long hours at times
productive fun and hardworking there
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 October 2017
while working at this hotel i found it was extremly fun completing the daily tasks which were set and just doing housekeeping as a whole. changing and making beds, cleaning
Pros
long hours keeps you busy
great place to work
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 May 2017
really enjoyed working here, the staff were nice, the hours were long though, duties included general cleaning of the bar customer service, it was hard work but enjoyable
Pros
free food
Good company
Hotel receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham16 January 2017
Great place to work if you have goals snd ambitions.I started at the bottom and worked up, training is offered and somewhere always there to help.
Pros
Good team members
Great place
Head Chef/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG3 February 2016
Different day, everyday. Good benefits working for Premier Inn, staff great and managers understanding and friendly
Pros
cheap hotel stays
Cons
pressures
Average.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham south Rubery4 January 2016
A typical day at premier inn involves checking in and checking out guests. Making bookings and room allocating new bookings. Taking phone calls and dealing with emails, faxes, problems and quieries.

Working at premier inn I have learned how to deal with things on my own. I have really learned how to work as a team by commuicating with my other collegues to get a job done. I also learned how to deal with finance.

I have been very lucky when it comes to my co-workers. The housekeeping team are very easy to communicate with and we all help eachother if anything goes wrong. The reception team are very approchable also. I am always willing to help out when needed.

The hardest part of my job is the hours I have to work. I do shifts so I can be working from three o'clock in the afternoon un till 11 o'clock at nights and then the next day I will be working from 7 in the morning un till 3 in the afternoon so it does't really give me enough rest to start my next shift.

The thing I mostly enjoy about working for Premier Inn is meeting new people every day. We have people from all over the world checking in every day visiting so it is very cosmopolitan.
Cons
8 hrs

Want to know more about Premier Inn?

Ask a question
worth the hours
Ground Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG2 October 2015
long days, stressfull when under staffed but worth it when the guests thank you and mention you to your managers or online.
You must have a strong stomach to work here
Groundfloor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG18 September 2015
Over all I have a great team with me and the Duty Managers were great, however the Operations Manager didn't seem to care so all the best Duty Managers left and it was practically the worst employment I have taken.

But I met some great Colleagues and God Bless them.
Busy like a bee
Duty Manager/Receptionist Night Shift (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG31 August 2015
It will be good if you are working at a small size or medium size Premier inn hotel. But like me if you are working in a big hotel right in the heart of Birmingham City Centre you will be on your feet all the time. Not only this, you will have to face drunk guests and alot of homeless people, who will try to get in to the warm place and you will have escort them out of the hotel. And dont expect police to come up for help bcoz on week ends theyll be already busy and you will be at your own.
good workplace
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  birmingham26 November 2014
good staff, great staff that work well with others. I liked the pay and the the working environment. the location was easy to get to and was near the city centre
Pros
good breaks
Friendly envirmonent
Work excperience (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 September 2014
Completed a weeks work experience in which i worked in the restaurant and reception.
great job bad management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG27 May 2014
i really enjoyed working at premier inn as a receptionist as my team members were great and in this job role i could meet members of the public everyday
Pros
meet new people
Cons
Managment
Productive and fun environment with room for progression
Waitress, Bar Tender and New Starter Champion (Former Employee) –  Birmingham Airport/NEC8 August 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this job as I was working Front of house which meant constant contact with the public and each day was different.
Different but not managed well.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Center29 September 2012
There was never a typical day as each day brought something new. This is what I enjoyed most about working at Premier Inn. Even though the day to day running of the hotel was the same, the communication with the guests made the experience unique and satisfactory.
I learned that good communication with the customers/guests and with the staff is vital. Without good communication, problems occur frequently. Also, managing multiple tasks and time keeping was a key to making sure everything ran smoothly.
Management was something I feel could have been improved as I kept coming across multiple problems and most of the time, no management was around to help or sort the problem out. Co - workers were all friendly enough.
Pros
sometimes got free food from the restaurant next door.
Cons
long hours and traveling distance.