Premier Inn Employee Reviews

Foh
Ground Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hitchin18 October 2018
Lifestyle is OK but not a career to work in. Do not work in Hitchin they do not care about you, only when turning up for work.

They'll provide you some training but very small.
Pros
friends and holiday pay
Cons
no breaks, 4 weeks advance holiday
very bad company to work for
house keeping (Former Employee) –  St. Neots Eaton Socon18 October 2018
no timeout, working flat out, management doesn't care about you there, rating not good at all, you feel like you just done 12 hours there, no training put in place for you-you have to work it out your self, the hardest part of the job is making the beds, and the rooms are also messy which is taking time to do, they only give you 20 mins per room to do, that is 3 rooms per hour, not good at all, the enjoyable part is getting out of there and going home from there i do not like going back there the next working day to do it all over again,
Pros
no free break
Cons
I have worked for premier inn for nearly 9 years always busy i was a house keeper until i wanted a transfer to the new premier in gloucester queys
Deputy house keeper (Current Employee) –  Gloucester Quays, Gloucestershire17 October 2018
I am now deputy house keeper have been doing head house keeping for nearly 7 weeks as head house keeper left i e enjoy this role and have applied for this poison have learned a lot from management and other members of staff o enjoy every day at work
Pros
Rewarding
Hard Work / Fast Paced environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh13 October 2018
Remove all rubbish - replacing any refreshments
full linen change, new fresh bed made with any special request E.g cot in room etc...
Clean and dust & hoover everywhere; dust headboard skirtain boards, window ledge all surfaces to be cleaned thoroughly, including the bathroom (sometimes a bath or sometimes shower depending on which floor.) replace all towels/ shine all chrome and mop bathroom before hovering the full room to a high comfortable standard.

Premier inn was full of different cultures and was always team work within the housekeeping staff!
Pros
Always someone to help (supervisors) on busy days or short staff days.
Cons
Having a lot to clean when room is really messy in the required 24 mins
Underpaid Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Glasgow11 October 2018
Racial harassment from part of the management, at least 30mins of unpaid job during every shift, not given enough means to do the job, total disinterest in employees working conditions and health
Fun work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barry11 October 2018
I’m this job I have learnt a lot of people skills and gained my confidence, I am a lot better at cleaning since working in this hotel , all of the staff are very lovely and are very helpful.
Wysiki standard
Recepcjonistka (Former Employee) –  Bristol11 October 2018
Zrezygnowałam z pracy ponieważ przeszkadzał mi brak rozwoju i z czasem jak wiadomo niskie zarobki
Pros
Super atmosfera
Cons
Brak awansu
exsperence
Student (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire10 October 2018
When I completed my work experience there, the management where very kind and helpful with giving me advice and resources to see if I would like to work in hotel hospitality when I apply for jobs.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Good
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Wembley Park Station10 October 2018
Good company , you can progress in a really short time if you show interest in the job.
I work for the company for over 4 years, I’m looking for a change, a new challenge.
No life.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth9 October 2018
Working in a hotel pretty much takes your social life away, wether being constantly asked to do overtime, do splits or just grin and bear it with customers that are giving you nothing but grief, its not a very satisfying job role. The most enjoyable part is when its quiet, the worst part is having someone scream at you because they don't understand that there is a wait in the restaurant, as well as anyone walking in from the street who could be aggressive makes you wonder what you're doing with your life. Do not work here.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
No social life, splits, unappreciated.
premier inn
Bar Staff and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ealing8 October 2018
I was Greeting customers in general
working in the restaurant an preparing the tables an also open the bar at the 12 o'clock
Helping around with general house keeping
receptionist taking booking and checking customers in
also enjoyed the experience
Learn new things
Waiter - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex7 October 2018
in this job role at the premier inn at gatwick airport north terminal, i have learn new things like, i have done food running, drinks running and also host, which i have really enjoyed, the pay was amazing and the staff was 9 ( all the team member and leaders were so kind)
Pros
discounts in costa, food and others
Cons
5 hours is good
Modern day slavery at its worst
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 October 2018
Mini mum wage , expected to totally work you're body to the li m it. Management attitude is appalling to put it nicely . So without swearing , if you don't mind being pushed to the max with hardly any wage at end of it then go work here .
Pros
Cons
Hours are different every week
good
Linen Porter (Former Employee) –  Swansea1 October 2018
a good company to work for as they respect the staff and have some benefits they can offer, they are flexable with hours and are very friendly. everything is set to a high standard
it was ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands27 September 2018
it was an okay job for a first job when you leave school or a part time job. Being a room attendant you have to change bedding for new customers ,clean and tidy room includes topping up beverages ,clean towels and hoovering.
Pros
Good flexible hours
Cons
staff could come across sometimes rude
Ok place to work
Completed apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire27 September 2018
Premier Inn was an ok place to work but the hours and pay is no good for a young growing family.

I would really recoment the whitbread group for someone 1st job and once you get your foot in the door there is plenty of roomto grow.
Nice place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire26 September 2018
I worked for the Premier Inn and enjoyed being a receptionist and taking payments and meeting new people. I learned how to speak to people using a good telephone manner and I also made friends with the housekeeping staff.
good place to work
Barmaid & Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cheshire26 September 2018
working at the premier inn was hard work but good meeting new people especially working as a team keeping customers comfortable in the hotel... providing for there needs
Pros
no freelunches
Cons
hard work
Productive and fun environment
Receptionist and Waitress (Former Employee) –  The Hyde24 September 2018
During my time at Premier Inn, which was for two weeks, I took on board several roles; receptionist and a member of the kitchen staff. Within these roles I catered to all customers’ needs in polite and friendly manner, allocated rooms to customers, set up tables, restocked products and handled with money at the end of each productive day. Whilst i completing my time at Premier Inn, i learnt a variety of things such as improving my communication skills with customers and other colleagues. A typical day at Premier Inn was quite busy as there was an event taking place at the time i was working there but it actually was manageable. To be honest, the hardest part of the job was at the beginning of my work experience when i had to get used to working in the environment but after a while i picked up the company's routine but i really enjoyed the job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Rude head house keeping staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire23 September 2018
Avoid working in this place you will get stabbed in the back by the operations management team and the head house keeper has no people skills at all she is very rude picking on you all the time and also swears a lot.

You are made to clock out before finishing your work if you are passed your target time so then you have to work and not get paid for it.

Just avoid working at this premier inn I hated the management and how they operated so I just had to leave there are better places to work than this place.
Pros
Cons
Rude management, Swearing from headhouse keeper

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.