Premier Homecare Limited

Premier Homecare Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews
Featured review
Premier Homecare Limited selected this as a representative review
I have worked with Premier for nearly 7 months now & cannot recommend them enough.
They genuinely care for not only their clients but their carers & their support is second to none.

Their training programmes are fantastic & very well organised.

Everyone is so friendly & helpful & there for you.

I know I have found the company that I will spend the rest of my career with as they are the Best..
Pros
Great support from a Friendly team, Dedicated Helpline, Great work incentives
Cons
The most amazing caring, lovelyest staff and bosses you could wish to meet,so professional, but make you feel 100% part of the team,love the care they give to every single service user.amazing
Very supportive and professional, so far I am very pleased that I have chosen to work for Premier Homecare. They do deliver high standards of care to their service users, but also they care about their staff, which is very rare.
Premier Homecare is a really good company to work for, I just enjoy it. The office staff are really helpful and they do their very best with rota planning to ensure you get run is rather than calls all over new carers get good training and they have good bonus and incentive . I would recomend working for Premier to anyone.Their training programmes are fantastic & very well organised.
Everyone is so friendly & helpful & there for you.
I have absolutely loved my time at Premier Homecare so far. Everyone i have met has been so lovely. All seniors/supervisors are always happy to answer any questions you have and never judge. The company is ran amazingly, although you work alone you never feel alone, there is always someone knowledgeable on the other end of the phone. Can't recommend this xompamy enough. Has been a pleasure to work for them
After working for Premier Homecare for almost a year, I left for financial reasons. WHY is it that we always think the grass is greener on the other side
WELL...... What a mistake !!! I lasted just a few days and came straight back.

Premier Homecare are by far the best care company I have worked for. to date.

Management are approachable and accommodating.

Premier Homecare really DO care about their staff and clients.

Working Hours are reasonable and with 1 hour calls and good time allowed for travel between calls you really can deliver excellent care and get to know your clients well and feel like you really do make a difference to another persons life and even the lives of their families, knowing that their loved ones are in good hands.

Just a brilliant team overall, from your fellow Support workers to the Admin team, Homecare Coordinators, Supervisors, Trainers, Rota department, Help desk and the out of hours on-call service,

You are supported 100%

Being back with Premier Homecare just a few weeks now I have increased my hours to full time and been offered a Senior Carer Position- I'm just thrilled to say the least ! Can't wait to see what the future holds !

Overall Premier Homecare actually offer very reasonable rates of pay, you get paid accurately and on time every month not to mention the excellent rate of pay for bank holidays !

If you want to be well supported, be part of a great team of carers, be given excellent training and work for an outstanding company

DON'T delay

JOIN Premier Homecare Today - What are you waiting for ?
Pros
1 hour calls, Good Training, Supportive Team
Cons
None !
Right, I've got to tell people about this company. A year ago I got a job as a HCA with Premier Home Care Limited. I was totally disillusioned by my previous care companies. My friend had started for Premier and advised me to try there, as she found them really good. So off I went to Canford Lane. I was interviewed on the spot, gave my references, told them of my years as a Carer and how much I loved what I do, but hated the way Care was being delivered. I told that I had a condition called Fibromyalgia, but that I refused to let it get the better of me. Soon after, I got the lovely news that I was successful and was offered the job. I am so glad I did.
During the course of this past year I have had the most amazing support from all the staff , seniors and supervisors, and from management. I have loved every minute of this year. I have gained my confidence back, overcome the fear I had of management (as I had been badly bullied in a previous job) and got my joie de vivre back. My customers love to see me coming and I love brightening their day. I have had trials and tribulations, accidents and emergencies, highs and lows. Throughout all of that I had amazing support! Always. Immediately. Every time. I pop into the office regularly and got to know all the behind the scene lovelies who are there for support and friendship and encouragement. We laugh. A lot. We cry too, that happens in our job, because we treat our customers like we would care for a family member, and yes! it hurts when we lose one. We share their highs and their lows, and we help them to cope with their conditions,
 - more...
Pros
Excellent training, outstanding support, excellent employers.
Cons
I really can't think of even 1.
Worked in care for many years and finally a company who listen to their carers - Been here 3 months and feel supported and valued - everyone is very friendly and overall can't find anything to complain about - well run and great team- Thank you Premier Homecare
Pros
Good salary - no short calls
Cons
There are none
I came to work at Premier Homecare five months ago....Wow what a difference.......I came from a Care Company which done half hour calls to their Clients which was a big struggle to get everything done and spend time with the Client. I now do a minimum visit of 1 hour per call and what a difference....... Happy Carer, happy Clients, no more rushing. Great support and organization of work, wish I made the change earlier!
Pros
Giving qualitiy time to Client
Cons
I have worked for Premier for just over 5 months and have to say that it is such a lovely company to work for, every member of staff has been so friendly and helpful.

Coming from a non-care background (looking after the elderly) I was really impressed at the level of training provided and the continual on-going support. There is ALWAYS someone really nice and helpful on the end of the phone if you ever get stuck or need to clarify anything. You really get the sense that they care about their staff.

I only did mornings and the usual shift is 07:00 - 15:00 but they let me finish at 14:00 in order to collect my daughter from school so I really appreciated this flexibility. It's a great job to work around homelife. I only left due to living quite far away and the travel involved.

The company is extremely well run and you don't feel overly rushed between calls as enough time is allowed to get from one place to get to the next (I understand this is not always the case from a lot of other carers I have spoken to who have worked for different companies).

The hardest part of of the job I would probably have to say was the travel as I did worry a lot about all the wear and tear on my car and also for the fact I started my first call at 7am and finished at 2pm but only got paid for 5 hrs, 45 mins as you don't get paid fully for travel times. However, you do get 45p per mile and 50p between calls. The way the rota is worked out you stay in the same area as well so your not going from one side of Bristol to another.

The job is the most enjoyable when someone
 - more...
Pros
Great Support, Lovely Service Users, Flexibility
Cons
Travel, not getting paid for the full hours I worked as on a zero hours contract
Very caring and well-organised company compared to others I’ve worked at as a carer.
I got lots of support when I started and they really care about the clients too. It’s great that I now i’ve been here 6 months I get a salary rather than zero hours which means i’m Paid for all my 7.5 hour shift - very different to other places i’ve Worked. Glad I made the change.
Pros
Salaried position
Cons
None really
My standard day was okay. I feel we did not get paid enough for what we were doing. Looking after patients I loved it was more of the financial side of it as to why I left. The split shifts weren't as fun although I do not mind working long hours as I do in my current job, it was the fact in the split shift I couldn't go home because I was too far away so I had to sit in a random area that I didn't know of and wait for the next client.
Pros
Paid Mileage
Cons
Long Hours
Official response from Premier Homecare Limited
28 August 2018
Split shifts are not obligatory at Premier Homecare.

We know this sort of working arrangement only suits some people... its a carers personal choice if they want to work in this way or not; we would never want anyone to feel they have to do them.

If people do want to work a split shift, we always make sure there is a 3 hour gap between the 2 shifts - its too tiring otherwise!
I enjoyed the work I did, but I found they ask for unrealistic things, for example, they would give you 5 minutes inbetween two visits, when it would take say 20 minutes to drive there. Then you would be told off for running late.
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
Unrealistic times and no social life, crazy hours.
Official response from Premier Homecare Limited
24 March 2018
Little confused by this review....Premier Homecare in Bristol never roster 5 minutes between visits if 20 minutes is required... all carers are positively encouraged to call the roster team if ever they feel travel time needs to be more or less.
In terms of hours ... we very much work within the availability a Homecare Worker has provided...if someone felt their hours were causing them problems we’d be only too happy to listen and see how we could try to help...
A typical day at work consisted of cooking, charting to the elderly bathing and other personal care duties. My communication skills improved as I worked for this company, I learnt how to handle different behaviors in people, co-workers were friendly when I worked with them and enlightening but mainly worked alone.

The hardest part of the job is when a client is used to one carer but you have to go in because their main carer is off, for some clients it can be a great deal and they may not like changing carers. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I had made a client's day better, some clients seemed really happy to have a carer come in as some times they haven't spoken to some one since the last carer was in.
Pros
Free Uniform at the beginning, room for personal skills development through offer of training to get to the next level.
Cons
Long hours and split shifts.
I have been working at Premier Homecare for over 2 years I was originally hired as a Homecare Support Worker. Working for Premier Homecare is so much more than a job, since joining the team I have met some wonderful people who have supported and guided me in my goal to furthering my career in care. Our management team are very approachable and happy to help, the training provided and personal development undertaken with staff is second to none. If you are looking for job satisfaction and an employer who values you as an individual, look no further than Premier Homecare.
Premier Homecare is a really good company to work for, I have worked here 6 years and have always enjoyed it. The office staff are really helpful and they do their very best with rota planning to ensure you get run's rather than calls all over the place throughout the day, they provide you with care plans before visiting service users and give support to carers throughout their time working with any issues/training they have or need, new carers get good training and they have good bonus and incentive schemes. I started as a Homecare Support worker and I am now a Senior so there are oppertunities for progression. I would recomend working for Premier to anyone!
I choose to arrive early, because I like to be in and get on. I never get the Monday blues. I enjoy the company and professionalism of my work colleagues who have become my friends.
I have been mentored by the General Manager since day 1, I feel competent and confident in all areas due to this guidance and back up.

My co-workers make me laugh and also fill me with confidence in their own abilities and their strengths.

The hardest part of the job is when a Service User you have worked with and come to know passes away. There is great sadness but also a joy in the knowledge I have been able to meet them through my work, get to know them and learn lots from them in the time we have together.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing each and every day I have made a difference and my work is important and meaningful.
Pros
Meeting so many wonderful people.
Cons
People you have become fond of passing away or colleagues moving on.
On a day to day basis, I would be interacting with new clients, and if anything making friends. Not only did I care and look after these ladies and men, I made great successful, professional relationships.
Cons
Enjoyed making the breakfasts in the morning. I learned how to communicate with customers correctly. I was left on my own at times and the manager would leave me in charge. The hardest part of the job was cleaning all 24 rooms by myself if no one else was in. My most enjoyable part of the job were when each year the regulars would return.
Pros
Enjoyed cooking the breakfasts and communitating with the customers.
Cons
Didn't enjoy doin all the rooms by myself, if their were more staff in I would.