Pre-school Learning Alliance Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Freelance Tutor/Assessor (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 September 2018
Excellent people to work with. Well structured and organised. Good level of customer care is evident throught out the organisation. Management is approachable and supportive.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Not allowed enough travel time.
fun place to work at
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 July 2018
did my work experience there for a while and it was an enjoyable environment. a lot of friendly people working there which made the experience more enjoyable and pleasant.
Management is shocking!
Setting worker (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire20 June 2018
The nursery I currently work in is in a nice new build, but seems as though it has never been maintained. The overall appearance is dirty! The management of the setting aren’t good at all! They never listen and if any complaints are made they behave appallingly to the practitioner the complaint is about or could be about rather than actually solving the problems. The higher management are a joke! They do and say what they want when they want and if you follow instructions or repeat something back for clarification they will accuse you of lying!
Pros
Cons
Very poor management, hours swapping without discussing with staff. Dirty!
Nice place to work
Play Assistant (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire14 June 2018
The centre I’m at is currently run by 10 staff this is including managers. The centre offers information and support for families and children in need. The hours are from 8.30am till 5.00pm some times evenings and 1 in 4 saturdays this is term time as well so you do end up giving up a lot of your own family time and their isn’t much flexibility in working hours. The pay is dependent on the role I’m not qualified as of yet (will be level 2 in July) and I’m on minimum wage and the over time rate is the same we don’t get extra.
It is hard work but also a good place to start and gain experience from.
Plsa as a organisation are not very good and need to realise staff have families too and be more flexible. The staff and managers at the centre I work at are kind and friendly and will try and accommodate you where possible.
Pros
A good starting point to gain knowledge
Cons
Low wage
Fulfilling job
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire9 June 2018
Been working for pla many years. Excellent team. Brilliant manager of setting. Lovely relationships with children and parents. Seeing children grow and develop makes job worth while. As usual these days more and more paperwork. Sadly child care in itself is starting to not exist as paperwork takes up time that should be spent with the children.
It's about money now and budgets.
Higher management NOT supportive when things go wrong. Some of these people like to push their weight around and do not appreciate how hard staff in settings work. When support is asked for higher management seem to turn a deaf ear. Poor resources and budgets affect daily running of setting where staff have to sometimes buy equipment themselves for children to use.
Parents very supportive of staff and good relationships have been built over years.
Pros
Parents and children appreciative of what you do.
Cons
Poor management. Pay could be better
disappointing management support
worker (Former Employee) –  North West21 March 2018
Worked for the company for over 5 years. Management above nursery manager very sparse. Only visit Nursery when need to tick a box or crisis hits. They do not understand the difficulties that arise everyday. All the publicity states they support staff and no blame culture, this unfortunately is not the case. CEO needs to get out of London more and visit the frontline staff to speak about the real issues going on.
Senior managers become involved in petty gossip and discussing confidential issues that staff have discussed with them.
Pros
working with the children and families
Cons
unprofessional senior management and CEO no idea of issues
Poor
Participation and engagement officer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire26 February 2018
Poor induction and new starter training.
Poor procedures and preparation of work lap top and mobile 'phone.
No access to IT in the office I was expected to work from.
Pros
hard work with lots of experiences
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London15 November 2017
very busy day, starts setting toys and feeling all room risk assessment forms in 30 min then greeting children and offering a breakfast cleaning up after. the nappy time and feeling more papers,
I learnt more from very experienced and hard working staff , management needs to find way how to speak to staff, arrogant attitude, never supporting staff and blaming staff for everything.Staff has to do even office work and if there is any issues trying to hide not dealing with . very bad ratio keeping, but you have to be quite
Hardest part is when some colleagues avoiding work and leaving on those who work hard every day. Enjoyable part is interaction with children and seeing them develop build lovely relationship
Pros
engaging in children's play watching them to develop and making few good friends with colleagues
Cons
management who not listening only blaming
Great pay, friendly and kind staff
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford4 October 2017
I cleaned once a week in the evening or at weekend, was very flexible as to when i could do the job and when i saw the staff. The cleaning took me around 15 minutes once a week and i was paid 10 pound for that time. Extremely reasonable and was very easy to fit around a schedule. Once a month i would do a more complex clean however the rest of the time, as it was quite small office it didn't take much time.
Pros
Good pay
okay workplace
1st Line Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Old Street25 September 2017
the pre-school learning alliance is a safe and happy place to work. however, some things are poorly planned and lack in supervision / management in certain areas
Pros
local
Cons
poor management
Good Organisation
Play Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleethorpes17 July 2017
I worked in the Humber region and I found them a very good organisation with good management. I liked travelling about and doing work in the community as there was always support and nothing was an unrealistic expectation, the supervisor was of the attitude she would not ask you to do something she would not do herself. Very appreciative and very rewarding in praise for the work carried out.
Pros
Good management and working conditions
Professional and supportive employer
Baby and toddler development officer (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk28 June 2017
I've had a great time working at the PSLA. Sadly my contract and project has come to an end.
They provide great training and have fantastic company values.
Warm and suportive team
Early Years Bank Staff Worker (Former Employee) –  lighthorne Heath, Warwickshire6 June 2017
Great company and always encouraging staff, volunteers and service users to achieve life changing goals by providing training and educational opportunities.
Working for the Pre-School Learning Alliance
Early Years Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barnet19 February 2016
Based in Barnet, I visit Parent and Toddler Groups to support parents, carers and leaders in child development and welfare. Since January, I have also delivered workshops to parents with another colleague.
My primary role is visiting various Pre-Schools and give support in welfare issues. I am responsible for writing reports on visits made and follow up any suggested action/support.
Pros
Support learning communities
Cons
Long Commute
A large child based organisation
Nursery Manager Doddington Green Nursery (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG3 September 2015
A good organisation to work for with proven record of working within the industry. The company supports small and independent settings to improve standards.
Fun place to work
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, Devon10 August 2015
Every day was different working at Woodside, but it was a fun and interesting challenge.
I absolutely loved the children and the staff were so helpful with getting me on my feet, to gain the best experience that I could.
Management were always on the ball in giving you feedback
The hardest part of this job was learning to cope with children that had tantrums, it intimidated me but in time I learned how to deal with the situation and turn it around in a positive way
The most enjoyable part of the job was using my imagination to create ideas of how to play the new games the little ones would invent
Pros
Lovely happy children to play with
Cons
Living arrangements did not work with amount of hours
great place to work
Crèche Assistant (Former Employee) –  runcorn14 March 2015
great place to work really nice atmosphere well organised but hours vary a lot. staff make you feelomfortable and part of a tem
Pros
nice work place
new learning everyday
early years practitioner (Current Employee) –  Luton, ENG25 November 2014
It is a fun work place where you can learn something new everyday
Pros
good training opportunities
fun place to work
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  ENG22 August 2014
bunch of lovely people, if I was to do my work experience in an area like that again I would definitely go back and would reccommend it to anyone that was considering.
challenging and enjoyable
Trainer / Assessor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield22 August 2014
Busy challenging days supporting and managing a variety of projects funded externally by various funding bodies.
Pros
good team working
Cons
funding issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pre-school Learning Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Pre-school Learning Alliance Reviews by Location