Praesepe plc

Praesepe plc Employee Reviews

Worked there for 2 years. Summertime the venue was busy, slowing to zero customers in the winter days. Management could be reasoned with for the most part. Colleagues and customers were brilliant. Overall I would say I was somehow satisfied with work/life/pay balance.
Pros
Could be fun
Cons
Drama
Some nice staff. Other more interested in looking good themselves and backstabbing.Some managers take there job way too seriously, you are managing and amusement arcade not a critical care unit
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No teamwork and some really awful people
The company is good to work for, the hours aren’t too long but there are no extra benefits for overtime. Sometimes my staff earn more than me (I’m a manager on salaries pay) if they do extra hours but I can’t earn any more for hours I do over my contracted hours. A lot of people have worked for the company for many years though so it’s a good job to have.
Pros
Free drinks and snacks
Cons
Standing all day
Can't really complain the work was okay, nothing hard, got to work with a lot of people and have a chat while fulfilling my job. The only complaint I'd have is the amount of driving around the UK and getting stuck in traffic after work coming back from a big city.
Pros
get to meet a lot of people
Cons
Lot of driving around the UK
Was a great job, management and team work together. A sad day when the business folded. Structured on learning with tons of NVQs available. Very supportive and gives freedom to improve.
Pros
Great interaction with customers.
Cons
Long shifts.
Low end job from which you need to get out as fast as you can! Bad environment , aggressive people to work with and no back up from the upper management! Lots of demands !
Cons
Long hard hours with minimum wage
Company is flexible on lunch time and doctors appointments, I have developed excel skills, progressed in my role, company party to integrate employees
The job was risky and full of responsibility after some time, thing that is not as bad as it seems. With time i learned how to handle angry customers, customers that wanted to hit me or destroy the machines, i used my multi tasking ability into work and improved it.
Pros
Not a lot of physical work
Cons
Long hours, poorly paid
It started off as a nice place then after a week they send you everywhere as they are always short staff area manager is a horrible person and don't know a thing about the company and some of the staff rob there safes buy things gs for shop from local smackheads and that's just start but if you say owt you get sack by them making lies up about you worst place I've worked and I've worked in some horrible places I would stay clear of this company
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours and horrible management
Just don't do it, very bad management very bad people, few are trustworthy the rest not! Area manager is a witch, butters you up then messes you around, overall terrible!
Cons
Never have I worked for a gaming company like this before all they care about is how much money is being put in the £500 jackpot machines . The area manager is nothing but a lying bully , no proper lunch break your shift can be doubled that very day due to staff ringing in sick , drink and drugs was a big problem within the customers we used to get and not even a phone call back off management to see if you’re ok I met some lovely people in this job I also learned how a bad company is run
Cons
Long hours, abuse from drugged up customers
Shocking company to work for.Long hours very little pay.No support from Management at all.They treat employee's disgracefully and totally disregard the saftey of staff who at times do lone working which i think is totally unacceptable giving the working establishment.Any concern's raised with Management was not acted up on it was a case of brushing it under the carpet You either put up or shut up.This is not soley my opinion take a look at some of the other review's and believe them as its true.
Cons
The company overall is good to work for, at the beginning learning every day something new. Hardest part of the job is when you are the link between customers and company, you'll need to please both side in a efficient manner, whenever some issues arise. Enjoying working there as the team managed is going above and beyond completing their tasks in a professional manner
It is a growing company with a great team work and high opportunity for self development. They invest in staff training and provide 5 star customer service.
Work independently,and under pressure, self- confidence and self-motivation. Liaising and interacting with different people.
Pros
Company car provided
Cons
travelling long distances
They do not care about their staff. It really depends on the manager which are always changing due to the fact most of the staff are either stealing or gambling on the job - or doing something against the rules and regulations. They do not keep their word, social life? HA FORGET IT. Personal life issues? You're not allowed to have them! Oh dear god that's a sackable offence. Staff are not treated equally - you work long exhausting hours with barely a lunch break. They focus on the fact staff are exhausted and sit down for a couple of minutes rather than focusing on the criminals they hire that play the machines, sell tokens to customers and as stated before generally break the rules. Head office usually have no clue of this due the fact they walk in to a lie whenever they visit the shop. Awful pay - just work in Mcdonalds, honestly you'll have a better career prospect and better social life. This job gave me depression, almost ruined my health and social and personal life. Oh and they make up silly titles such as "key holder" and the wage increase never happens.
Pros
The people you meet there such as the odd nice customer and fellow colleague
Cons
Everything else
Good work atmosphere and the weekend offs made me enjoy the London life much. I proved myself that i can pick the new things very fast and the credit goes to the workmates.
Pros
Good Salary Package.
Cons
Night shifts.
it was a very good experience to work with this company as there was a lot of fun with co workers and my job there was doing the administrative works and managing the other staffs during the night. the hardest part of my job was dealing with a huge amount of liquid cash transactions and dealing with the customers complaints. but that was my strength as successful in that level of job
Pros
company was paying my travel as i was doing night shifts
Cons
my hours was constant like 9 hours 5 days in a week in dat 1 hour was my break
I am responsible for the overall customer experience. Attending to the financial transactions and approving cashing of winnings. Ensuring a sufficient cash float is on hand, distributing and recording any change transactions as necessary. Attending to the customers comfort by providing refreshments as and when required, Maintaining detailed cashbook accounts, including reconciliations and keeping regular reports up to date. Dealing with incoming correspondence, telephone calls and organising the general daily office administration. Managing the staff attendances and scheduling rotas to ensure a continuity of cover. Entrusted as primary key holder and responsible for the security of the premises by setting the alarms on opening and closing.
Pros
Meeting lots of people.
Cons
Now I've moved it's a long way to travel.
When I worked for them in the north I haven't got a single bad thing I could say, The staff were wonderful like a second family which sometimes was a plus point although it could cause bickering but that's what happens with such a close knit team. Sadly it was a lot colder when I moved to Maidstone due to it being separate day and night staff.
Cons
No real lunch break. No break room.
  1. Employee reviews