Play YouTube video button

Powerleague Employee Reviews

Featured review
Powerleague selected this as a representative review
Pro-active and Fun
Sports Coach (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester13 April 2019
Weekends I would Ref Football pitches and also host children's football parties, making sure they are having fun. organising food and drinks too. Management were all great and very supportive. I would say the hardest part of the job would be managing challenging children with behaviour problems.

The most enjoyable part would be hearing the feedback of the parents and knowing that your work has paid off and the children had a good time with us.
Pros
Rewarding Job
Cons
Salary
fun work place
Deputy Manager/ receptionist/ League Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London18 October 2019
it was a great place to work especially for a part-time job while studying. you are definitely able to get promoted at this job within no time. A typical day at Powerleague would consist of looking after the football pitches keeping them clean and tidy. I would also supervise a group of children, teaching them football skills and techniques within the topic ensuring the sessions were fun.
A good work place
Grounds man (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire6 June 2019
Good work place. All of the staff are friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed being there. It is a great place for all the family, a safe and friendly place for all.
fun
My role at Power league was a Kids Coach (Former Employee) –  Leeds7 May 2019
fun and enriching environment to work in. Provides opportunity to work with children and coach them. Opportunity to referee games and take part in 5 a side football.
Great staff
Duty manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke4 March 2019
Great staff and it was a centre for the community so we all had a good laugh. Unfortunately it got closed down in a shape up from Powerleague. We all got made redundant
Powerleague is sentimental
League Manager (Former Employee) –  Slough14 February 2019
I love the place as I have been going there since a child. Going to the Football camps and also coached a lot of the camps myself before joining Powerleague as part of the office admin team. Powerleague's staff changed frequently and it was hard to gel well with the team members at times. However, I feel that all people are good and it's down to perspective.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hours were not consistent
powerleague
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London3 November 2018
working here was ok I got on well with all the staff and the customers, customers can get a bit aggressive so u have to be confident and out spoken to work here.
good company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 September 2018
Good company to work for and the staff are very friendly. The work life balance is ok. The customers are great and if you enjoy football then you will love the environment. The success in this company especially at senior level will come down to your man management skills and getting the best out of your team. If you do the right things and work hard then this football is really not a hard sell.
Not fun
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Mill Hill18 September 2018
Emails learn nothing done it myself. management was OK culture was poor trying to get people to work getting a first aid badge out of it ...
Pros
Cons
2 face people
great fun workplace
Xtreme Events Coach (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 September 2018
good company to work for but not enough job security. Good management and a great fun workplace to work at. Potentially would have stayed but not good job security.
Not great investment in the North
Regional Sales/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland, Amsterdam, North East and Ireland15 July 2018
Good salary and great concept however run down facilities and not enough investment to constantly achieve growth. New centres well designed and great facilities however older centres needing massive improvement
Very disappointing, not recommended
Bar Staff Member/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire7 June 2018
I was disappointed by the lack of training I received, as I was promised during the staff meeting in October that I would be able to train up for promotions and have regular meetings to discuss progress. Nine months on and I received minimal training on reception or management tasks and have not had any formal discussions with a manager.

I have not been able to earn health and safety and first aid certificates and I can still not yet access pitch bookings or sales leads on the computers, instead having to use someone else’s login to complete those tasks.

I have been expected to work overtime as the club has been so short-staffed throughout my time working there, even regularly giving up my entire weekends doing double shifts against my will. Staff turnover and understaffing are still problems that are yet to be addressed. The management team are careless and defeatist towards all aspects of the club and prefer to be reactive in their approach than proactive.

I have felt undervalued and continually frustrated by the entire company.
fun workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool28 May 2018
Typical day at work was making sales to reach your sales action plan for the quarter.

I learned a lot of different things in my role from been able to referee small sided football to managing a team of up to 15 people to met sales action plans.

Hardest part of the job was to maintain a high standard of quality on the football pitches with a small budget.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being part of football, the staff were fantastic.
Pros
Been able to have days off through the week and also weekends, shfts varied but always worked a 5 day week unless on annual leave
rubbish management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire24 May 2018
management were rubbish. they didnt know how to treat their staff and they were constantly having a high turnover of staff because people found better places to work for
Productive and fun environment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London3 May 2018
I worked as a receptionist at Power league. As it was a sports centre, I assisted with organising and
coordinating football leagues and tournaments. This job also involved:

Directing guests and routing deliveries and courier services as we had big food and drink
suppliers.

Answering and managing incoming and outgoing calls while recording accurate messages,
alongside email enquiries.

Maintaining a clean reception area, including reception and associated areas

Taking bookings for children's birthday parties, hiring external coaches, and organising the overall
party experience, by setting up the function room and overseeing the smooth operation of the
parties.

It was a fun environment to work in as you would interact with new and old customers every day.

I would say the hardest part of the job was having to deal with difficult customers and thinking of solutions to help them in the best way possible. Although challenging, very satisfying when you received good customer feedback.
Good oppurtunity- no work life balance, awful salary
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wembley Stadium20 March 2018
Not paid enough for the hours/effort/time and commitment that went into the role.
I did learn a lot from the role but poorly managed by senior management
Good
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  liverpool19 February 2018
-Was a fun environment to work in.
-Workplace culture was relaxed.
- Fun part of the job was feeling being part of a solid team.
- Change of management changed this the dynamic of the job.
Awful.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Anonymous19 February 2018
Disorganised. No training for staff. Most staff only thinking of themselves although some are quite nice.
No money for repairs and maintenance and then you are running around at last minute for quick fixes with no weekly set repair budget.
Wasn't allowed a break in my part time position.
Shambles of a firm.
Pros
Some nice people.
Cons
Selfish and disorganised.
Poor upper management
Assistant Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Scotland8 February 2018
Upper management don't care about the team on the ground. No money for repairs or investment in clubs, unless you are in one of the favoured big city clubs, London and Manchester spring to mind. Issues fall on deaf ears. Hesitant to reward your work or dedication, very quick to point the finger when it's not going well.
Pros
Customers, the team
Cons
Poor senior management, poor pay, poor life choice
Productive and fun working environment
Bar staff and team member (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 January 2018
I loved working at Manchester powerleague but with uni and stuff I had to leave but the people and facilities were wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed my time at powerleague.
Active, fun workplace
Football Mentor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2018
Would always be helping or with coaching and mentor work, great place to work, a lot with kids and teaching them too play football, active lifestyle and always busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Powerleague. Our community is ready to answer.