Poundworld Employee Reviews

Unacceptable
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull16 June 2018
Took on part time temporary work at poundworld alongside college which they knew about. I was working ridiculous hours (30-40hrs) a week, not including my hours at college. Long shifts, hardly any break and was left to feel very unwelcome.
Pros
It wasn’t work experience and I got paid for doing such a terrible job
Cons
Horrible work environment
creates a good environment to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Swansea15 June 2018
offers opportunities to progress to the next level, provides competitive salaries. With different day to day challenges, with in the retail environment
Pros
some staff discounts during holidays
Cons
can be long hours
Tasked with some interesting projects in a busy office.
IT Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire14 June 2018
Some days can be hectic depending on performance issues with some IT systems. Maintaining quality of store internet communication quality is one of the critical issues that has to be resolved as fast as possible.
Learning is mainly achieved through hands-on experience or self-motivated research.
The new head-office environment is reasonably pleasant and tidy with an ample-spaced canteen and vending facilities.
Pros
Free tea and coffee available
Cons
Open-plan office layout can be distracting
good for progression
Store Manager (Promotion) (Current Employee) –  Brighouse14 June 2018
No day is the same, one day I might be training staff, other days I can be filling shelves.
During my time I have learnt how to manage a team, good understanding of KPI tracker, plan and finish rota's, a good understanding of stock control and loss prevention, store orders, how to do investigations and disciplinary's, merchandising.
The hardest part of the job for me is when I have to work in another store to cover as I feel l want to put my effort into improving my store.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when I beat last years sales. Another thing that I get enjoyment out of is when I do promotional or season change merchandising, this is something I take exceptional pride in , making my shop look good.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Can work upto 10+hrs for no extra
A very much hands on job, day flys by.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire13 June 2018
A demanding and fast pace job, fantastic range of goods, each day is different, great team performance,the fruits of the labour at the end of the day.
good working enviroment
Stock Controller/driver (Current Employee) –  Wakefield12 June 2018
day to day running of stock control has learnt me a lot about stock holding and minimizing loss also management and operative communication is good which makes makes the warehouse environment a far better place especially when the work load is more intense.
Not good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire11 June 2018
Horrible place to work everyone talks about others and puts their work on you if you are the new staff while the other employees talk and don't do their work. They always laugh behind the customers back. Just not worth working there but then again there myte be some shop that are alright I guess.
Pros
Cons
Rude colleagues
Really enjoyed working for poundworld
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire11 June 2018
Really enjoyed working with poundworld, staff and management are great to work with, enjoy working in retail meeting and serving and helping customers
Pros
Enjoy retail
Fast paced busy environment
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands11 June 2018
I’ve worked at poundworld for a year and during my time I’ve learned the ways of retail and what’s expected of me at poundworld. I learned how to speak and handle difficult customers. I also learnt how to make the shop floor look attractive for customers. I’ve encountered some problems with the management and solved them with respect and politeness. Overall I didn’t enjoy my time at poundworld and want to find a career which beat suits me.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Productive to work here
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow11 June 2018
I enjoyed all aspects of this job which involved working on tills, working deliveries, handling stock, merchandising and customer service.

Early morning shifts which worked in perfect with my schedule.
Pros
worked round my son at nursery
Cons
i wasnt flexible with hours

Want to know more about Poundworld?

Ask a question
Good wage
warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Normanton7 June 2018
Fair managers, free on site parking, HR very helpful if you have any issues. Good set of friendly people to work with, As long as you keep your head down and get on with your job you find it pretty easy enough to hit bonus when picking.
Pros
good wage plus bonus package
Cons
no job security at the moment.
Fun to work at times!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire1 June 2018
Worked for Poundworld for 8 years full time at first then went to partime after having a baby.. was enjoyable at times! it all changed when the wage budget got introduced leaving the shop with hardly any staff some days! you had to basically split yourself in half most days covering both shopfloor/ ordering stock and till work! Manager happily worked around me and my flexibility and the pay was weekly!
Pros
Good friendly team, weekly pay
Cons
Not enough wage budget, short staffed
An average job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bargoed, Caerphilly31 May 2018
A typical day working at Poundworld would be staking shelves, helping customers and scanning at the tills. Some of these seeming boring aspects turned out to be the most enjoyable for me.
Average Work Place
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham31 May 2018
A good first job but not much opportunity or help with growth in the job. Co-workers and Bosses friendly but the job didn't challenge me and found myself to be bored on a daily basis.
Good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  South Yorkshire27 May 2018
They are good to work for. Pressure is manageable and expectations are not too high. Some great people work here and will support you when you need help.
Pros
very rarely work over contract hours
Cons
public unsure about store message
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  london23 May 2018
You can learn everything about face product .you can learn about marketing products. you need to have a lot of patience there are a different costumers everyday.
Pros
you can get experiences
Cons
always you need to stay up
Fun and Challenging
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Armagh, County Armagh21 May 2018
A typical day at work required me to arrive on time and in full uniform. I would be required to then either work on tills and/or stack the shelves. I learnt how hard it is to actually work in such a busy environment however everyone worked together as a team to keep things under control. The management are friendly and always try to help. I enjoyed dealing with the customers.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Very hard work
Fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands17 May 2018
Great team every day is different you can be filling shelves one working on tills the next day customers are lovely always friendly it's a great company to work for
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
N/a
Tiring because you are on your feet all day, but flexible hours, have to work weekends
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire15 May 2018
a typical day could involve a variety of tasks, manning the till, stocking the shelves, unloading deliveries and helping customers.There was a lift but it was broken and never got fixed, so working there was very physical and would sometimes lead to members of staff getting injured.
Good Job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire14 May 2018
its a good reliable place to work with contracted hours, regulary work shifts would be working on the till daily serving customers and helping with customer inquiries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Poundworld. Our community is ready to answer.