Potens

Potens Employee Reviews

Management are relaxed night professional. Clients are great and their lives are finally starting to get better after years of poor culture. Things are looking up and I am really happy
Pros
Clients, wages
Cons
Wakened nights
This is not the management type you want to begin working under. When management dont have any integrity whatsoever then that tells you alot about the leadership in these services. Underpaid,undervalued,under trained and overworked.
Pros
Social workers
Cons
Training/Management
Management is awful, don’t be poorly or they will sack you for taking time off even with proof , never again will I apply for a job here, terrible place
Very poor management, unfair and unsupportive of staff. They are continually short staffed which results in clients not getting adequate support. Management are dishonest and are always sneaking up on the staff, to try catch them out going home a bit early, which is usually due to exhaustion, as they are always short staffed. Management don’t take it well, when challenged on their poor practices. There are other good care companies in this area, with good management and with much better pay and conditions.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed, long hours.
At first some people seemed lovely, then their true colours started to shine through some staff are rude, cliquey and if your face fits other then that they don’t care. Didn’t have two weeks shadowing and just expected to get in with it. In the job vacancy when I applied it said residential, this is not the case it is a care home with self care which they failed to tell me in the interview. I have not been shown things properly or if not at all. There is no trust on shift with some people. People get away with all sorts from hiding Away from the floor and going places to use their phones. The residents do not have any information on their backgrounds, when you ask anyone they just say we don’t no. You need to be so careful what you say to staff as they will report you. Wouldn’t apply.
Horrible place to work at present dont care about the people they support what so ever. They are only interested in the money they can make. No form of descent management no support they think they know what they are doing but dont have a clue. Someone will come to harm very soon especially under the so called management that is there at present absolutely disgraceful and disturbing things going on and being covered up. The poor people that need support are supporting each other as lack of staff. Extremely high turn over off staff stay well clear of here there is lots of lovely other places to work in care.
Pros
Potens in Co Fermanagh is a brilliant place to work, management are very approachable and are very supportive. I would highly recommend this company to work for.
Cons
Been working here for over a year now and can honestly say I’ve enjoyed every minute off it. Management is absolutely brilliant and try’s to accommodate everyone’s needs. It’s well led and has a nice chill vibe, residents are fantastic and staff go above and beyond for them. Hours can be long but you get a nice balance off work and home life,
Potens in Sheffield- great place to work, such a fulfilling career to have. Relaxed environment. Works around any of your needs aswell as the service users. I started at the end of first lockdown and management, team co-ord and other members of staff helped me settle in and helped with ideas of what activities I could do with the service users. Team co-ord and management always there if there's any concerns. I had no experience in health and social care work however all training was given.
Pros
Work around you. relaxed. Full training.
Worked for Potens for 4 months and support and company have been great when starting.The role is challenging at times especially due to the COVID situation, but there is help and support when you need it.Staff have access to face to face trading and elevating and professional development is encouraged and promoted.DBS is paid for by the organisation and not staff member when joining.Staff have access to a free employee assistance programme to provide help and support outside of the company of it is required. Feedback and support is encouraged by management to help develop the services.
Pros
Support, training and nurturing culture
Cons
We all like to shift our attention and switch jobs or find a new career,then you suddenly realise you have just switched problems.Be patient and avoid this quick fix because believe me this organisation is not a quick fix. Infact it's the complete opposite once the honeymoon period fades.Do not be discouraged from working in health and social care but be very cautious and wise with your choice of employer.Look after your emotional health and well being. Stay away, not worth the misery.
Pros
Service users.
Cons
Lies Lies and more Lies.
Currently employed with Potens in Fermanagh as a support worker.Started with this company last year and have to say it has been a great supportive place to work. Management are approachable and supportive and always willing to get stuck in and help out in the houses.
Cons
People who make big promises can also make big lies.Lots of staff have left here recently as they are just fed up with the Spoofing/deceiving and feeling undervalued by management. Cutting corners will eventually lead to these 2 been caught in a web of their own lies.
Pros
RQIA existance.
Cons
Micromanaged
Making the move over to Potens and working at Heath Lodge has got to be one of the best things I did. I was struggling with finding myself but since working here I've grown as a individual. The management always want us to do the best and are always willing to help. I've never had management that are so supportive. Honestly the best thing I've done. Yes the days can be hard and long but the team are like a little family. You get to work together laugh together and grow together.
Pros
Great team, in house meals, days out, growth prospects
Cons
Long days
Absolutely disgusting the way they treat staff , they do not care about staff members and they do not care about the clients. Staff and clients are another name and number overturning profits. I got informed that my GDPR was breached. The Manager is absolutely useless , does not know anything about the clients , just sits in the office all day and when you ring up to ask them for support with a challenging client as last resort they will just say "deal with it or I will come and take over and you can go home"The clients are not even happy at that place. The staff team was brilliant until the whole staff team left within a yearTraining was not even completed by any staff membersIt really is not worth your time or energy.You will go in there wanting to help people and support people and come out stressed on a verge of a mental breakdown.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely Everything
I have felt very well supported by senior management and the wider organisation. They offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours have a humanistic approach to management of staff.
Pros
Free meals, flexible working, team support
Cons
Shift work
A care company without the care. Terrible management, they don't care about workers at all. You are just a number. I worked for 7 years with the care company they took over. I was a valued member of staff. Then Potens took over. 13 members of staff left within six months. Vile. Don't do it.
Cons
management
This company employs bullies. The management do not care about who they employ just as long as they talk English. The manager is very childish and most acting seniors are. A lot of people get sacked for being ill. Even when undergoing life changing illness’s. Do not work for this company as you will never get a thanks off anyone for doing anything that benefits the service users. I feel sorry for service users as most staff just sit on their phones talking about other staff members that are not at work. Also on your days off they like to call you up and peer pressure you into working more shifts. Their long hours are physically impossible to do.
Pros
Great service users
Cons
Pay, sickness, management, staff
I have worked for potens for the past 20years. They are very service user orientated. They have not always been the same towards the their employees but this has improved over the years. The training they provide is to a high standard and they are very accommodating when it comes to rotas & personal circumstances. I can’t see myself moving to another company as it stands . Overall they do actually CARE .
Pros
Accommodating with rotas. Lots of mental health support for staff
Cons
Incentives could improve for employees
Upper management aren’t interested in lower staff at all. Payroll completely inept - any mistakes take ages to rectify and they are full of excuses Lack of resources
Horrendous company to work for,if you pay peanuts, and you get monkeys! No idea how to treat su, management havent a clue, need to get out of their officers, and see what goes on.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
ake me ever work for this awful company again.rude staff
  1. Employee reviews