Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews

Okay First Job
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickford2 July 2017
Decent job, not too hard, quite boring and not a lot to do and learn. The pay wasn't great, nor was having to deal with people coming in and out of the shop
Pros
Easy
Cons
Bad pay
Excellent working environment
Postal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds30 June 2017
Great place to work with comprehensive safe systems of work guidelines,regular training updates and good channels of communication between departments and management.

Working in a skeleton three person night team meant we were expected to perform each of the three roles which ensured a varied working week and a level of trust as an error from any of us could result in a longer working night for us all.
This inter-dependance did result in a very close knit team and an atmosphere that could make a night quite entertaining.

A high level of accuracy was paramount and therefore it was crucial you developed a method of working that was both thorough and accurate.

Working five nights a week from Monday to Friday was the most difficult aspect of the job,weekends could,on a bad week,feel non existent.
Pros
Pay, leave allowance, training, job security and working environment.
Cons
Five days a week nights
This was my first job
Post Office Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seaton21 June 2017
As this was my first job it's hard to remember but I worked every hour that I could and they would always offer over time and plenty of opportunities to work yourself higher.
Pros
no breaks
Cons
Long break
Loved working for the Post Office
Postal Officer (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea20 June 2017
Enjoyed the work, loved creating forms to help my daily job. Covered a lot of different duties preformed in the unit. Arranged a lot of the social events for work colleagues. Also arranged charity events.
Pros
Salary, job satisfaction, work colleagues
Cons
Job Security
Production fun based team ethic
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Haringey, Greater London19 June 2017
My responsibilities include, leading and managing a staff team of eleven to drive sales performance whiles offering excellent customer service.
The branch offered a range of services in line with it's layout. It contained a main counter area, a bureau de change position, a financial services office and a self service area for customers to handle their transactions without staff assistance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to understand and assist customers with their queries and problems.
Pros
frequent in- house coaching/ job training for all staff
Cons
working long hours at short notice
Good Money but stressful
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire13 June 2017
it was a well paying job but you need to be able to work long days and switch off when your home otherwise it will all get too much. Not enough staff on so long queues of angry customers and managment still expect you to flog insurances when customers are angry or if they just want a single stamp.
Pros
3 Breaks, Great Money, Additonal Hours available
Cons
Long Queues, Not enough Staff, Pressure to sell, Poor Management
Good
Team Leader/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 June 2017
Colleagues at work makes it easy to want to be at work, learnt a lot about life talking to colleagues of different life stories. The managers makes the work sometimes difficult by not been easy to work with. The only hardest part of the job was the driving and getting a parking space to carry out your cash deliveries. I certainly enjoy the reward of making customers happy after and see there reactions.
Fun workplace
Postal Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 June 2017
Lots of positive interaction with the general public.

Friendly and relaxed working environment.

Need an aptitude for figures.

Good work-life balance.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
No opportunity for progression
great working environment
Post Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton7 June 2017
i really enjoyed my time working at bitterne post office, i learnt loads of new concepts that i can use in day to day life. also my boss and colleagues were all so lovely and i hope that its maybe possible to go back there one day.
positive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire6 June 2017
Post office was my first job in customer service and dealing with public. Great company to work for but not progression within the company as it was franchise family business.
Pros
n\a
Cons
n\a
Loved it.
Customer Service Advisor/Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harol Hill Rockford3 June 2017
Loved my time there. Had some really good tImes and a few bad but generally speaking was a great place to work. I left on a voluntary redundancy package which I must say I regret taking now. I didn't realise at the time what a good job it was. So if you have the opportunity to work there go for it. You won't be sorry.
Pros
Good salary. Variety of jobs
Cons
Extreme patience is required when dealing some customers
Solid employer but still hampered by red tape
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Field Based13 May 2017
Post Office Ltd is a solid employer. Salaries are very good for lower level positions, but they struggle to compete with other companies in higher management roles. Basic benefits are very good (annual leave, sick pay etc) as you would expect from a large employer. Company direction is sometimes confusing and still an awful lot of red tape.
Pros
Paid leave, Sick pay
Cons
No real career progression structure
Great place to work but can be stressful
Sub Postmaster (Former Employee) –  Sub Postmaster11 May 2017
Enjoyed my time working and running my own office being Postmaster.
If you are thinking of becoming a team player then its a very complex job with much to learn.
Ongoing transformations
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 May 2017
Continued changes make it a hard place to work in especially as all the detailed business knowledge has left the organisation.

It also needs to be more challenging on existing employees.
All about the customer
Officer in Charge (Former Employee) –  Worcester3 May 2017
Post office is a great place to work. You have to do your training as this is key to being able to give 100% customer service satisfaction. It is all about making sure the customer is having the right service for there requirements. A happy customer is one that will most definitely return. I loved working for post office. It was quite stressful at times, but rewarding. You have to be a people person I believe to work and enjoy working in a post office.
Productive workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Head Office24 April 2017
Each person within their team works hard to meet their goals. The culture can vary greatly from area to area. It is overall one of perseverance and a drive to move the business forward. Understanding the business' history and how it affects its future and the work you are doing can be a challenge when you join. The office interior is great and a nice place to work.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Limited progression opportunities
Fun workplace
Post Office Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire24 April 2017
Enjoy every moment a good laugh with staff and customers. All staff make you feel welcomed. Amazing compnay to work with. Good experience and opportunaties.
nice company to work for
Post Office Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Crawley21 April 2017
As usual I love working as part of a team so again team work is my bonus.
in the first 2 months itself I had a board full of positive feedback and reviews from customers.
one of my colleagues who's been there for 15 years asked me once
"How do I do it" and I answered it's all about paying attention and doing your best to help and satisfy every customer personally as they are all different.
Pros
excelling at my duties
Cons
casual 0 hours
Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cranleigh, Surrey20 April 2017
Dealing with customers is a daily job, I've learned great customer service skills. Seeing customers get what they want and help put a smile on their faces.
Happy working environment
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 April 2017
Very good company too work for with great colleagues very good salary and bonuses customers generally very good and understanding had many good years at spring gardens and brazennose st.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Office Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.