Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews

Challenging experience, yet rewarding
Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire2 January 2018
Dealing with customers of all ages, dealing with a wide variety of services offered. No two days the same yet expectations clear, leading to rewards and bonuses.
Good
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Modbury, Devon10 December 2017
Hardest part was the amount of papers on weekend but the job was fine pay could have been higher and you could ot show up before a certain time but i had a bus to catch and could not deliver the papers in time if i did not show up earlier
Productive and Fun
paper round (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire4 September 2017
I enjoyed working here for the 2 years I did , I had a Saturday and Sunday morning paper round and got the £8 on Sunday morning . It is good if you are a morning person and can help you become one if you find it hard to get going in thw morning . I did this when I was younger than I am now and I believe it gives you a light but good understanding when coming into work .
Pros
Easy, Christmas bonuses
Cons
Rain
Productive workplace to increase social skills
Clerk, cleaning (Former Employee) –  Saltley6 August 2017
Amazing to meet such diverse customers, this is essential as it improve social skills thus securing a better future in job oppurtuinities. Furthermore I would like to emphasise the fact that working in a post office can be difficult at many times so for me over coming a lot of these difficulties would show that I'm ready for anything coming my way.
Pros
Getting to meet such diverse customers
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and a good place to work
Customer Service Advisor/consultant (Current Employee) –  Reading7 November 2017
A productive and good place to work in. It is also a fast paced and busy working environment.
Work life balance is a bit challenging but generally a good place to work.
Pros
A lot to learn
Cons
Extra hours not paid
Good support and friendly staff
Postmistress (Former Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire18 September 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working here. Best part of the job was meeting and talking to all the customers. Found the job interesting and enjoyed the variety of work. Great place to learn new skills. Good benefits for staff.
Pros
Meeting customers and variety of work
Cons
Long hours and have to work weekends
Sales driven
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paxtons Court Newark31 December 2017
A fun team to work with but the onus is heavily on sales skills and the ability to sell extra products, so not one for those of us who don't enjoy selling.
Better after restructuring.
CVIT Driver (Current Employee) –  Boldon Colliery22 August 2017
November 2016 the Boldon Colliery depot went through it 'modernisation'. This included us coming out of the external market and a huge drop in staffing levels. While this was a time of uncertainty that process is now completed. Having worked in the Post Office and at the same depot for 15+ years, I can honestly say the depot is in the best shape it has been in a long while. The mood in the depot has changed, attitudes have changed. With the loss of large numbers of staff it seems that negative attitudes have gone with. I've seen the 1 star review for our depot and id be surprised if it is from someone currently working in the depot.

While there is uncertainty about what's round the corner for the post office, we are 10 month into the change and confidence is creeping it that the future isn't as bleak as we expected.
Pros
Wages
Cons
understaffed at present
Productive and exciting place to work
Customer Advisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Louth, Lincolnshire30 October 2017
The day to day work is constantly changing as you never know what customer will come to you and because I work in a small environment you get to know everybody and every customer.
Cons
hours constantly changing
With experience you could progress to a position in a larger branch, or become an assistant branch manager or branch manager.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire15 July 2017
selling financial products and services to meet targets
selling stamps and dealing with letters and parcels
paying out pensions and benefits
accepting bill payments
dealing with vehicle registrations and car tax
checking passport and driving licence applications
selling travel insurance and foreign currency
making sure the books balance at the end of the day
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour
An institution
Post Office Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bewdley11 July 2017
As a rural Post Office worker I chose to open from 8am-5pm but was only paid 19 hours per week.
Learned to be independent - only source of contact/help was the helpline after the trainers have left.
Hardest part of the job was balancing each evening, week or month.
Most enjoyable part was serving the customers
Pros
Small income just about covered my rent
Cons
Quite lonely as a one counter service
Productive fun place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Bees3 November 2017
I enjoyed working there very much and if it was not for relocation I would still work there it was a fun place to work and very easy to socialise with customers.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long hours of work
Production fun based team ethic
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Haringey, Greater London19 June 2017
My responsibilities include, leading and managing a staff team of eleven to drive sales performance whiles offering excellent customer service.
The branch offered a range of services in line with it's layout. It contained a main counter area, a bureau de change position, a financial services office and a self service area for customers to handle their transactions without staff assistance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to understand and assist customers with their queries and problems.
Pros
frequent in- house coaching/ job training for all staff
Cons
working long hours at short notice
Was challenging
Post Office Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edgware Road C Station8 September 2017
I learned any gained experience been one the team working with all different cultures and been part of the company though a lot experience. Learned a lot how to deal with customer and handling cash . I worked 4 years with post office ltd
Pros
Friends
Cons
Long train journey
Good Money but stressful
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire13 June 2017
it was a well paying job but you need to be able to work long days and switch off when your home otherwise it will all get too much. Not enough staff on so long queues of angry customers and managment still expect you to flog insurances when customers are angry or if they just want a single stamp.
Pros
3 Breaks, Great Money, Additonal Hours available
Cons
Long Queues, Not enough Staff, Pressure to sell, Poor Management
Tiring
paper round (Former Employee) –  Reading7 July 2017
Very long hours made to fit between 7am and school time otherwise not paid, got paid £25 a week if i completed all saturday and sundays otherwise it was like £2/3 a day, carrying bag on back with over 100 papers including magazines and around 3 papers per house i had to leave the at the shop and comeback. I lost around 3/4 hours every saturday and sunday for around £3, not worth it!!
Good
Team Leader/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 June 2017
Colleagues at work makes it easy to want to be at work, learnt a lot about life talking to colleagues of different life stories. The managers makes the work sometimes difficult by not been easy to work with. The only hardest part of the job was the driving and getting a parking space to carry out your cash deliveries. I certainly enjoy the reward of making customers happy after and see there reactions.
Good workplace
Network Operations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim9 October 2017
good workplace
a lot of travelling
good pay and benefits
nice team
ever changing list of responsibilities
no certainty
no job security
good annual leave
Pros
Bonuses, A/l
Cons
Long hours over contracted hours
Loved it.
Customer Service Advisor/Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harol Hill Rockford3 June 2017
Loved my time there. Had some really good tImes and a few bad but generally speaking was a great place to work. I left on a voluntary redundancy package which I must say I regret taking now. I didn't realise at the time what a good job it was. So if you have the opportunity to work there go for it. You won't be sorry.
Pros
Good salary. Variety of jobs
Cons
Extreme patience is required when dealing some customers
Taxing but satisfactory
Advanced Customer Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire26 August 2017
Any member of staff needs their wits about them to work for the Post Office. Some members of the public have very challenging life situations and attitudes. This can make for some risky moments.
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
Terrible customers at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Office Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.