Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews

Depends on your manager
Postal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire3 January 2018
I worked at a small branch owned by the manager... the wage was minimum but the hours were very flexible. This varies across branches as well as the type of work you’ll be doing.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low wage
Postal Worker (Former Employee) –  Gateshead2 January 2018
Temporary seasonal job. Good management and team working environment. There was interesting and varied work and I liked learning new skills. The management were organised.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Unsociable hours
Challenging experience, yet rewarding
Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire2 January 2018
Dealing with customers of all ages, dealing with a wide variety of services offered. No two days the same yet expectations clear, leading to rewards and bonuses.
Sales driven
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paxtons Court Newark31 December 2017
A fun team to work with but the onus is heavily on sales skills and the ability to sell extra products, so not one for those of us who don't enjoy selling.
Stressful but interesting
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kiddderminster14 December 2017
This job was interesting but very stressful as you have a lot of money sat right next to you. The typical day would be getting into work getting your till out which is assigned to you and get yourself logged in. then you would make sure that everything is set up correctly and you had enough stamps and other products that you sold. The work culture is relaxed but also could be very stressful if something went wrong. The management is good. The hardest part of the job is having anywhere between £5 k to £15 k next to you in the till. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers that came in to the Post Office.
Good
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Modbury, Devon10 December 2017
Hardest part was the amount of papers on weekend but the job was fine pay could have been higher and you could ot show up before a certain time but i had a bus to catch and could not deliver the papers in time if i did not show up earlier
As you'd expect from a paper-round
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Doncaster8 December 2017
This, overall, was a pleasant work envrinment, as all staff were happy to have a chat. However, the number of papers which needed to be delivered resulted in hours far longer than what pay I was given, and too much was expected of the paper-round workers, as a single misdelivery would result in a pay reduction
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
long hours and little pay
self employed so responible for all aspects
Self Employed with husband post office counters (Former Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea4 December 2017
this job was self employed but franchised through post office counters ltd. typical day was 9to 5.30. serving customers with a variety of benefits and products, responsible for all money so accuracy was very important as any shortages are the responsbilty of the sub postmaster
Enjoyed my job
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coulsdon, Greater London30 November 2017
Loved working here
Customers were very nice
Left due to my boss selling up
Run shop as was also convient store
My duties included serving customers with oyster andlottery machines
Run shop my own most of time
Done cleaning
Was always helpful
Lots of up to date training on post officeside
Handled large amounts of money
Cashing up everynight
Pros
No travel costs
Cons
No holiday pay
Productive and a good place to work
Customer Service Advisor/consultant (Current Employee) –  Reading7 November 2017
A productive and good place to work in. It is also a fast paced and busy working environment.
Work life balance is a bit challenging but generally a good place to work.
Pros
A lot to learn
Cons
Extra hours not paid
Outdated and unsuported
Post Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent5 November 2017
Unfortunately the post office offers outraged equipment and systems making it hard to serve customers and keep branches open. Poor response from support centres and if something goes wrong it's straight to pointing figures rather than supporting and coaching.
Pros
Good for the cv
Cons
No support
Productive fun place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Bees3 November 2017
I enjoyed working there very much and if it was not for relocation I would still work there it was a fun place to work and very easy to socialise with customers.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long hours of work
Productive and exciting place to work
Customer Advisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Louth, Lincolnshire30 October 2017
The day to day work is constantly changing as you never know what customer will come to you and because I work in a small environment you get to know everybody and every customer.
Cons
hours constantly changing
Na
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London29 October 2017
We need some serious management who can make things different.espcially favouritism in the office & lazy staff issues .
I wish I can make it better .
Pros
Na
Helped raise awareness of customer service
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oxford24 October 2017
- In-charge of stationary shop and lottery
- Stock control
- Review of important documents e.g. passport applications, road tax
-Balance of till at the end of the day
-Western Union/Bureau de change

I had a weeks' worth of training for the role, ensuring that I knew how to review important documents and understood the company's policies.

The hardest part of the role was to handle the long queues at the Post Office and ensuring all customers get an efficient service.

The most enjoyable part of the role was customer satisfaction when jobs were completed for them and when parcels would reach their destinations at a convenient time.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Excellent company to work for
SAP Administrator (Former Employee) –  London10 October 2017
I spent 34 years at the post office. Starting as a postman in 1971 and working my way up to hHead of Sap implementation team in
London. A great company to work for with ample opportunities for those who wish to progress. I still miss the company and would like to start my working life again.
Pros
Fine example of a perfect employer
Cons
Can’t think of any
Good workplace
Network Operations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim9 October 2017
good workplace
a lot of travelling
good pay and benefits
nice team
ever changing list of responsibilities
no certainty
no job security
good annual leave
Pros
Bonuses, A/l
Cons
Long hours over contracted hours
Oublic service
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  South East7 October 2017
A good company with the customer at the centre of its focus. Work place culture was very much steeped in the old fashioned civil service culture. There was structure but work life balance was being eroded
Post Office Clerk
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex6 October 2017
Transactions with money - benefit payments, car tax renewals, ISA, travel money, bill payments, travel insurance, money orders.

Balancing the accounts of my designated float.

Registering mail nationally and internationally.

Passport and driving license application check and send.

All the above was in a usual days work, management were supportive.

Enjoyable job was that it was a very sociable environment working and engaging with both colleagues and the public.
Pros
Local and sociable.
Cons
Poor pay and not many staff benefits.
fun
Christmas Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2017
only left because I was there as an christmas casual. I really hoped they kept me on permanently by they didnt because they were fully staffed. Was only there for couple weeks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Office Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.