Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews

hard work, under pressure, reliable and consistent
Customer Service Consultant / Travel sales (Former Employee) –  Blackfriars, southwark station4 February 2018
I have worked for this company for 28 years and have seen many changes for the company to now become profitable.
It has good benefits if you work hard and can work under pressure.
It has enabled me to be flexible from full time to part time , so that I could bring up my children.
It was flexible with hours to stay on and help the team, likewise when I needed to take time off .
I managed staff and was a solid member of the team who I helped daily with my skill set, especially the newer members,
I covered my managers absence, not just on annual leave but often for weeks at a time.
I enjoyed helping and understanding the customers needs which could be very demanding and varied.
I also continued training and qualified in excellence customer service and travel sales whilst working.
I love to learn and become comfortable, enabling me to help others.
Pros
reliable salary with 6 weeks annual leave, new changes
Cons
not knowing when the next office was up for franchise.
Good employer
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethnal Green, Greater London26 January 2018
Everyday is different
New things everyday
Full Management help
Friendly and Caring
When I was not authorized to use AEI machine
Work Time Learning
Pros
Free Lunch and flexible hours
Varied, enjoyable and rewarding Job
Field Change Advisor (Current Employee) –  Field Based22 January 2018
Very rare I have two days the same at work, very varied and meet a variety of agents every day. Communication and being organised is key to maintain rapport and being able to efficiently problem solve when or if a situation requires to be able to deliver results. A typical day involves gathering data, being able to relay accurate information to agents, plan and travel to various destinations and deliver results in a timely manner. I manage my own diary which can lead to long hours some weeks especially when having long distances to travel.
The hardest part of the job can sometimes be travelling especially covering a large area.
Most enjoyable part is achieving results when facing many challenges or problems. When overcoming these issues it gives a great sense of job satisfaction.
Pros
Always travelling to different places and meeting new people
Cons
Stuck in traffic
Great place tpo work
Helpdesk & Issues Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 January 2018
Leading a team of Helpdesk Advisors managing issues & queries from 7,500 Post Offices. Maintained SLA of 90% on first time fix of issues. Maintain the relationship with key stakeholder National Federation of sub-postmasters & Operators, Field teams & other key business areas to support the delivery of a strategic Network Transformation Programme. Responsible for Management Information & reporting, case management & team development, as well as Stakeholder management, including liaison with the Network Business Support Centre & Public Consultation Teams. Carry out compliantly yearly audit plans for the wellbeing for my team.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Project Work
Ever evolving and change management
NT Project - Field Change Advisor (Former Employee) –  London & National18 January 2018
I enjoyed my time here as we had a very close knit working team, sharing a common desire to succeed and embrace change, No two working days where the same and is was always great to face challenges and have support from other colleagues at all times. A great working environment to get things done.
Productive workplace
Team Support (Current Employee) –  London15 January 2018
Picked up various skills in a team orientated environment. Engage with internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis, keeping in line with business standards. The workplace is a friendly environment with everybody working collectively to achieve the targets of the programme.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere in the office.
Post Office Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingstanding, West Midlands9 January 2018
Great job, enjoyable meeting new people (customers) every day!

Learn lots of new things everyday
Meet new challenges
Can be challenging at times when we are very busy.
Pros
Lots of things to learn
Cons
Lots of different things to remember
Fun workplace
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent8 January 2018
All I had to do was get up in the early morning and go round to my local post office and gather up all of my papers and then start the short process of delivering them to the local people who had ordered them
Pros
Fun
Productive work place
Counter clerk (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex4 January 2018
A lot has changed in recent years.
Very stressful and felt post office was not on the side of employee.
I left to look after my husband through illness but was thinking of leaving anyway
Pros
Mixing with people
Cons
Weekend working
Depends on your manager
Postal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire3 January 2018
I worked at a small branch owned by the manager... the wage was minimum but the hours were very flexible. This varies across branches as well as the type of work you’ll be doing.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low wage
Postal Worker (Former Employee) –  Gateshead2 January 2018
Temporary seasonal job. Good management and team working environment. There was interesting and varied work and I liked learning new skills. The management were organised.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Unsociable hours
Challenging experience, yet rewarding
Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire2 January 2018
Dealing with customers of all ages, dealing with a wide variety of services offered. No two days the same yet expectations clear, leading to rewards and bonuses.
Sales driven
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paxtons Court Newark31 December 2017
A fun team to work with but the onus is heavily on sales skills and the ability to sell extra products, so not one for those of us who don't enjoy selling.
Stressful but interesting
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kiddderminster14 December 2017
This job was interesting but very stressful as you have a lot of money sat right next to you. The typical day would be getting into work getting your till out which is assigned to you and get yourself logged in. then you would make sure that everything is set up correctly and you had enough stamps and other products that you sold. The work culture is relaxed but also could be very stressful if something went wrong. The management is good. The hardest part of the job is having anywhere between £5 k to £15 k next to you in the till. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers that came in to the Post Office.
Good
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Modbury, Devon10 December 2017
Hardest part was the amount of papers on weekend but the job was fine pay could have been higher and you could ot show up before a certain time but i had a bus to catch and could not deliver the papers in time if i did not show up earlier
As you'd expect from a paper-round
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Doncaster8 December 2017
This, overall, was a pleasant work envrinment, as all staff were happy to have a chat. However, the number of papers which needed to be delivered resulted in hours far longer than what pay I was given, and too much was expected of the paper-round workers, as a single misdelivery would result in a pay reduction
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
long hours and little pay
self employed so responible for all aspects
Self Employed with husband post office counters (Former Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea4 December 2017
this job was self employed but franchised through post office counters ltd. typical day was 9to 5.30. serving customers with a variety of benefits and products, responsible for all money so accuracy was very important as any shortages are the responsbilty of the sub postmaster
Enjoyed my job
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coulsdon, Greater London30 November 2017
Loved working here
Customers were very nice
Left due to my boss selling up
Run shop as was also convient store
My duties included serving customers with oyster andlottery machines
Run shop my own most of time
Done cleaning
Was always helpful
Lots of up to date training on post officeside
Handled large amounts of money
Cashing up everynight
Pros
No travel costs
Cons
No holiday pay
Productive and a good place to work
Customer Service Advisor/consultant (Current Employee) –  Reading7 November 2017
A productive and good place to work in. It is also a fast paced and busy working environment.
Work life balance is a bit challenging but generally a good place to work.
Pros
A lot to learn
Cons
Extra hours not paid
Outdated and unsuported
Post Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent5 November 2017
Unfortunately the post office offers outraged equipment and systems making it hard to serve customers and keep branches open. Poor response from support centres and if something goes wrong it's straight to pointing figures rather than supporting and coaching.
Pros
Good for the cv
Cons
No support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Office Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.