Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews

Productive fun place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Bees3 November 2017
I enjoyed working there very much and if it was not for relocation I would still work there it was a fun place to work and very easy to socialise with customers.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long hours of work
Productive and exciting place to work
Customer Advisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Louth, Lincolnshire30 October 2017
The day to day work is constantly changing as you never know what customer will come to you and because I work in a small environment you get to know everybody and every customer.
Cons
hours constantly changing
Na
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London29 October 2017
We need some serious management who can make things different.espcially favouritism in the office & lazy staff issues .
I wish I can make it better .
Pros
Na
Helped raise awareness of customer service
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oxford24 October 2017
- In-charge of stationary shop and lottery
- Stock control
- Review of important documents e.g. passport applications, road tax
-Balance of till at the end of the day
-Western Union/Bureau de change

I had a weeks' worth of training for the role, ensuring that I knew how to review important documents and understood the company's policies.

The hardest part of the role was to handle the long queues at the Post Office and ensuring all customers get an efficient service.

The most enjoyable part of the role was customer satisfaction when jobs were completed for them and when parcels would reach their destinations at a convenient time.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Excellent company to work for
SAP Administrator (Former Employee) –  London10 October 2017
I spent 34 years at the post office. Starting as a postman in 1971 and working my way up to hHead of Sap implementation team in
London. A great company to work for with ample opportunities for those who wish to progress. I still miss the company and would like to start my working life again.
Pros
Fine example of a perfect employer
Cons
Can’t think of any
Good workplace
Network Operations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim9 October 2017
good workplace
a lot of travelling
good pay and benefits
nice team
ever changing list of responsibilities
no certainty
no job security
good annual leave
Pros
Bonuses, A/l
Cons
Long hours over contracted hours
Oublic service
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  South East7 October 2017
A good company with the customer at the centre of its focus. Work place culture was very much steeped in the old fashioned civil service culture. There was structure but work life balance was being eroded
Post Office Clerk
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex6 October 2017
Transactions with money - benefit payments, car tax renewals, ISA, travel money, bill payments, travel insurance, money orders.

Balancing the accounts of my designated float.

Registering mail nationally and internationally.

Passport and driving license application check and send.

All the above was in a usual days work, management were supportive.

Enjoyable job was that it was a very sociable environment working and engaging with both colleagues and the public.
Pros
Local and sociable.
Cons
Poor pay and not many staff benefits.
fun
Christmas Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2017
only left because I was there as an christmas casual. I really hoped they kept me on permanently by they didnt because they were fully staffed. Was only there for couple weeks.
Fun, safe workplace
Postal Worker (Former Employee) –  Bury3 October 2017
Working at the post office was a great first job for me. I loved working there and would recommend it to anyone! It was fun and productive and I made so many friends there but it is hard work!
Pros
Good money
Cons
Early hours
Not what i expected
Post Office Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Falkirk3 October 2017
Although i was vetted by the post office to work in their branch, i was managed by the shop owner and paid by him as well. Never received a pay slip or contract, no holidays. Pay was below national minimum wage.
Great Employer
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham2 October 2017
Great pay & benefits, I spent 28 years of my life there. Lots of opportunities for development & progression. great work colleagues, very interesting work
Pros
Great Benefits
Interesting & Well Loved Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorgate, London28 September 2017
The Post Office is the second most trusted brand in the UK and generally loved by its regular customers.

A typical day at work can be extremely diverse, obviously very much dependent on your role and the Team you are part of.

I learnt a great deal from my experience at The Post Office - both positives and negatives.

Some Managers are very forward thinking and incredibly supportive. Others are very much "old school" and averse to change and progression.

The workplace culture is mixed. There are a number of social events and activities and charitable support but there is still an overall communication issue and some Teams continue to work in silo without collaborating with others working on similar issues or projects.

The hardest part of the job is really dependent on your remit and the objectives / KPIs which you have been set. These can also directly affect bonuses across the whole business.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity of people. Some employees have only ever worked at The Post Office (40 years plus in some cases!) working alongside newer employees who have worked in a more traditional, commercial environment.

The Post Office really is its own "bubble world" and I have not encountered another business like it in all of my working life.
Pros
Extremely employee focused, good pension plan, competitive salaries with a structured bonus scheme dependent on personnel grade.
Cons
Old fashioned and not forward thinking, employ too many Contractors on ridiculous daily rates with little knowledge of the business.
Rewarding but dangerous
Sub Postmistress (Former Employee) –  High Grove, Gatley25 September 2017
Loved most things about this position, especially the relationship with my customers. Unfortunately, cash attracts danger and I suffered through a lot of attempted, sometimes sucessful armed robberies.
Pros
Building Relationships, Product Growth, Rewarding Renumeration.
Cons
Long Hours including visits to wholesalers outside business hours.
Fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 September 2017
You get to work with a great team and the managers are very understanding. As many are being franchised a lot of jobs are being lost however the work environment is pleasent depending on your team.
Pros
Great team
Cons
High targets
tough job not all can do
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gorton Manchester21 September 2017
Get till out set for day have a brew and then open up and work as is necessary use driving licence machine,bureaux,and serve and manage as well.It was fun but you couldn't talk to each other just serve,15 minute break morning and afternoon with 1/2 lunch as well.I learned to be polite good smile and be happy and stop fraud as well.
Pros
Paid the way
Cons
long hours but worth it
Good support and friendly staff
Postmistress (Former Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire18 September 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working here. Best part of the job was meeting and talking to all the customers. Found the job interesting and enjoyed the variety of work. Great place to learn new skills. Good benefits for staff.
Pros
Meeting customers and variety of work
Cons
Long hours and have to work weekends
Very busy not fun to work
Post Office Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London14 September 2017
Very busy every day given people there pension & unemployment benefits selling travel insurance sorting out postage ,& bags for the post man.I also used to do road tax for customer.
Pros
Good benefit
Was challenging
Post Office Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edgware Road C Station8 September 2017
I learned any gained experience been one the team working with all different cultures and been part of the company though a lot experience. Learned a lot how to deal with customer and handling cash . I worked 4 years with post office ltd
Pros
Friends
Cons
Long train journey
Productive and Fun
paper round (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire4 September 2017
I enjoyed working here for the 2 years I did , I had a Saturday and Sunday morning paper round and got the £8 on Sunday morning . It is good if you are a morning person and can help you become one if you find it hard to get going in thw morning . I did this when I was younger than I am now and I believe it gives you a light but good understanding when coming into work .
Pros
Easy, Christmas bonuses
Cons
Rain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Office Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.