Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews

Paper Girl (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midland15 June 2018
I enjoy been a paper girl as I was earning money at a young age, I also loved working as I’m a hard working individual which loves to be productive and take on my own responsibilities
Pros
Morning job
Cons
Before school
stressful
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Loughton12 June 2018
The day was split into incredibly busy and boring parts. There would be hours on end of having nothing to do then suddenly there would be a queue outside of the store. Also being the only person on the counter, I would get very lonely at times.
Customer service
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Upminster6 June 2018
work quickly.
Effective time management.
Able to manage finance.
To cope with peak times and being calm through tough situations.
Being friendly and welcoming towards customers.
Pros
Able to meet different customers everyday
Fun and Relaxed Workplace
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salisbury4 June 2018
A great place to work with friendly and welcoming staff, customers can vary but often you will become close with frequent visitors. A typical day includes dealing with all manner of customer requests from something as simple as a stamp to renewing a driving license or taking out travel insurance.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Friendly Staff
Cons
Busy holiday period
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shirebrook, Derbyshire29 May 2018
Working at the post office is a good job. I enjoyed it because the staff were friendly and was offered a competitive salary, an easy job to learn and provide you with essential skills.
Good first job
Duties - Part time paper (Former Employee) –  Barnsley23 May 2018
General Duties delivering newspapers. All work gear provided.
Learnt route. Hardest part getting up really early before college
Paid on time Employers always pleasant
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Early starts
Great colleagues
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire9 May 2018
This was my first job after leaving college. It was a great company to work for, as there are so many varied roles available. They were good for flexible working and overall salary package and benefits.
Wonderful environment
Post Office Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol6 May 2018
An excellent environment to work in. I learnt a lot about customer service from the friendly, one-to-one interactions with local customers. I was very sad to leave.
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley3 May 2018
Was a chilled out job where all you required was to know up to stick a shelf and you also had to do general cleaning duties but it was only a tiny store so not much mess was made
Pros
Fun
Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London30 April 2018
I have learned a lot of skills working at a post office from the basic, sending mail through money handling and exceeding customer expectations to managing the office nevironment
Pros
free post office broadband
well organised and reliable
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff18 April 2018
very busy environment, completing all manner of post office counter work. Processing various benefits car tax, utility bills, personal & company banking, mailing and lots of administrative work. I learned customer relations, money handling & accounting and bookwork.
Management were very organised and efficient and run the post office very well. workplace culture was friendly and efficient. The hardest part of the job was detaining people's benefit books as directed by government. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Pros
Well respected job in local community.
Cons
relentlessly busy from open untill close, often had to skip lunch and breaks.
Heavy workload with learning curve
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex5 April 2018
The post office such a large variety of services that it takes years to feel comfortable with any position in the company. There are a number of potentially dangerous repercussions with the law for mistakes made, but very little in the way of incentive to working alongside those risks. With the lack of government funding the hours are being cut from the business, but more is being asked of the employees with less time to accomplish it.
Much of my time in the post office has forced me to work 6 day weeks, cancel planned holidays, and sometimes work without breaks because of staffing issues that aren't resolved as a priority amongst higher management. In comparison there has been very little to be considered positive to hand in hand with the negative.
Christmas is always the hardest time of year in the job, but oddly is the most enjoyable because the customers can be the best part of the job provided you are great with customer service.
Pros
Customers are loyal
Cons
Too much is asked of staff for too little return
Challenging
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Abergavenny25 March 2018
A lack of support in my most recent time within the company. I am very sales driven which was recognised. Too much favouritism within the area which went from the tip of Cornwall to Gloucestershire, across South Wales and the South coast of the country.
productive
csc (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 March 2018
wide range of products to learn and a lot of mail comes in and a lot of catalogue returns.
sales culture is now a big thing in the job so be prepared to be asking people a lot of questions
Pros
9 to 5
Learning and responsibility
Postal Officer (Former Employee) –  London11 March 2018
Every day was different, and every customer was different. Loved the variety.
A very unique job, every day was a learning day, either from the workplace, or the customers.
Managers who worked their way up in the job were easier to work for, but the post office started bringing in managers from outside the job, and the culture was very different. It made it an "them and us culture". Some personalities worked with us, but some were a bit of a jobsworth.
The hardest part of the job was when they changed the way things were done, but didn't pass the message on.
Enjoyed working with my colleagues, met some interesting people over the years, and most of the customers had interesting stories to tell.
Easy job.
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Northampton7 March 2018
Selling stamps and dealing with letters and parcels
Paying out pensions and benefits
Accepting bill payments
Dealing with vehicle registrations and car tax
Checking passport and driving licence applications
Selling travel insurance and foreign currency
Making sure the books balance at the end of the day
Enjoyable
Paper Girl (Former Employee) –  Pensby, UK23 February 2018
The paper round fit perfectly with my school life, I was always on time and I even sometimes delivered more papers than I was normal given, as when people would call in sick for the job I would always take the papers instead. I was highly committed to this job and it was an enjoyable work environment.
fun first job
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Chichester13 February 2018
Gave me a good understanding of time. i enjoyed working here a lot as the staff are always a good laugh and enjoyable to work with even early in the mornings
I learn lots of things from there.
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands7 February 2018
This job was really good as I learn lots of things and got chance to get involved with the society and I did my best to do the work to full extent.

The staff was so good, Co operative, helpful and friendly.
Pros
The staff was so friendly and helpful.
Brilliant team whom I will miss every day after 31 years together
Assistant Manager Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bootle, Merseyside5 February 2018
I deal with 100's of customers a day with a variety of different transactions - a typical day will start at 9 am as the doors open, I can then have a queue of customers wanting to renew their passports, buy travel insurance or currency or just simply wanting to buy a stamp or withdraw money from their account. I order cash and stock for the office 3 times a week to make sure we run smoothly and sort out the ATM machine to make sure customers who come when we are closed are able to get cash. I do rotas for the staff and have a great team around me who are always willing to help each other out whenever any of us needs help. In general i really enjoy my job and after 31 years will be sad to see my office close down. If i had to pick a hard part of my job it would be when I am unable to help one of our elderly customers who has forgotten their pin number and is unable to access their money in their account, on the upside I can authorise emergency payments and request a new pin number for them so that they get sorted, and this usually results in a lovely box of biscuits or chocolates which makes the whole job worthwhile.
Pros
Good pay and working conditions
Cons
Sales culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Office Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.