Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London30 April 2018
I have learned a lot of skills working at a post office from the basic, sending mail through money handling and exceeding customer expectations to managing the office nevironment
Pros
free post office broadband
well organised and reliable
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff18 April 2018
very busy environment, completing all manner of post office counter work. Processing various benefits car tax, utility bills, personal & company banking, mailing and lots of administrative work. I learned customer relations, money handling & accounting and bookwork.
Management were very organised and efficient and run the post office very well. workplace culture was friendly and efficient. The hardest part of the job was detaining people's benefit books as directed by government. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Pros
Well respected job in local community.
Cons
relentlessly busy from open untill close, often had to skip lunch and breaks.
Heavy workload with learning curve
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex5 April 2018
The post office such a large variety of services that it takes years to feel comfortable with any position in the company. There are a number of potentially dangerous repercussions with the law for mistakes made, but very little in the way of incentive to working alongside those risks. With the lack of government funding the hours are being cut from the business, but more is being asked of the employees with less time to accomplish it.
Much of my time in the post office has forced me to work 6 day weeks, cancel planned holidays, and sometimes work without breaks because of staffing issues that aren't resolved as a priority amongst higher management. In comparison there has been very little to be considered positive to hand in hand with the negative.
Christmas is always the hardest time of year in the job, but oddly is the most enjoyable because the customers can be the best part of the job provided you are great with customer service.
Pros
Customers are loyal
Cons
Too much is asked of staff for too little return
Challenging
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Abergavenny25 March 2018
A lack of support in my most recent time within the company. I am very sales driven which was recognised. Too much favouritism within the area which went from the tip of Cornwall to Gloucestershire, across South Wales and the South coast of the country.
productive
csc (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 March 2018
wide range of products to learn and a lot of mail comes in and a lot of catalogue returns.
sales culture is now a big thing in the job so be prepared to be asking people a lot of questions
Pros
9 to 5
Learning and responsibility
Postal Officer (Former Employee) –  London11 March 2018
Every day was different, and every customer was different. Loved the variety.
A very unique job, every day was a learning day, either from the workplace, or the customers.
Managers who worked their way up in the job were easier to work for, but the post office started bringing in managers from outside the job, and the culture was very different. It made it an "them and us culture". Some personalities worked with us, but some were a bit of a jobsworth.
The hardest part of the job was when they changed the way things were done, but didn't pass the message on.
Enjoyed working with my colleagues, met some interesting people over the years, and most of the customers had interesting stories to tell.
Easy job.
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Northampton7 March 2018
Selling stamps and dealing with letters and parcels
Paying out pensions and benefits
Accepting bill payments
Dealing with vehicle registrations and car tax
Checking passport and driving licence applications
Selling travel insurance and foreign currency
Making sure the books balance at the end of the day
Enjoyable
Paper Girl (Former Employee) –  Pensby, UK23 February 2018
The paper round fit perfectly with my school life, I was always on time and I even sometimes delivered more papers than I was normal given, as when people would call in sick for the job I would always take the papers instead. I was highly committed to this job and it was an enjoyable work environment.
fun first job
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Chichester13 February 2018
Gave me a good understanding of time. i enjoyed working here a lot as the staff are always a good laugh and enjoyable to work with even early in the mornings
I learn lots of things from there.
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands7 February 2018
This job was really good as I learn lots of things and got chance to get involved with the society and I did my best to do the work to full extent.

The staff was so good, Co operative, helpful and friendly.
Pros
The staff was so friendly and helpful.
Brilliant team whom I will miss every day after 31 years together
Assistant Manager Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bootle, Merseyside5 February 2018
I deal with 100's of customers a day with a variety of different transactions - a typical day will start at 9 am as the doors open, I can then have a queue of customers wanting to renew their passports, buy travel insurance or currency or just simply wanting to buy a stamp or withdraw money from their account. I order cash and stock for the office 3 times a week to make sure we run smoothly and sort out the ATM machine to make sure customers who come when we are closed are able to get cash. I do rotas for the staff and have a great team around me who are always willing to help each other out whenever any of us needs help. In general i really enjoy my job and after 31 years will be sad to see my office close down. If i had to pick a hard part of my job it would be when I am unable to help one of our elderly customers who has forgotten their pin number and is unable to access their money in their account, on the upside I can authorise emergency payments and request a new pin number for them so that they get sorted, and this usually results in a lovely box of biscuits or chocolates which makes the whole job worthwhile.
Pros
Good pay and working conditions
Cons
Sales culture
hard work, under pressure, reliable and consistent
Customer Service Consultant / Travel sales (Former Employee) –  Blackfriars, southwark station4 February 2018
I have worked for this company for 28 years and have seen many changes for the company to now become profitable.
It has good benefits if you work hard and can work under pressure.
It has enabled me to be flexible from full time to part time , so that I could bring up my children.
It was flexible with hours to stay on and help the team, likewise when I needed to take time off .
I managed staff and was a solid member of the team who I helped daily with my skill set, especially the newer members,
I covered my managers absence, not just on annual leave but often for weeks at a time.
I enjoyed helping and understanding the customers needs which could be very demanding and varied.
I also continued training and qualified in excellence customer service and travel sales whilst working.
I love to learn and become comfortable, enabling me to help others.
Pros
reliable salary with 6 weeks annual leave, new changes
Cons
not knowing when the next office was up for franchise.
Good employer
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethnal Green, Greater London26 January 2018
Everyday is different
New things everyday
Full Management help
Friendly and Caring
When I was not authorized to use AEI machine
Work Time Learning
Pros
Free Lunch and flexible hours
Varied, enjoyable and rewarding Job
Field Change Advisor (Current Employee) –  Field Based22 January 2018
Very rare I have two days the same at work, very varied and meet a variety of agents every day. Communication and being organised is key to maintain rapport and being able to efficiently problem solve when or if a situation requires to be able to deliver results. A typical day involves gathering data, being able to relay accurate information to agents, plan and travel to various destinations and deliver results in a timely manner. I manage my own diary which can lead to long hours some weeks especially when having long distances to travel.
The hardest part of the job can sometimes be travelling especially covering a large area.
Most enjoyable part is achieving results when facing many challenges or problems. When overcoming these issues it gives a great sense of job satisfaction.
Pros
Always travelling to different places and meeting new people
Cons
Stuck in traffic
Great place tpo work
Helpdesk & Issues Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 January 2018
Leading a team of Helpdesk Advisors managing issues & queries from 7,500 Post Offices. Maintained SLA of 90% on first time fix of issues. Maintain the relationship with key stakeholder National Federation of sub-postmasters & Operators, Field teams & other key business areas to support the delivery of a strategic Network Transformation Programme. Responsible for Management Information & reporting, case management & team development, as well as Stakeholder management, including liaison with the Network Business Support Centre & Public Consultation Teams. Carry out compliantly yearly audit plans for the wellbeing for my team.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Project Work
Ever evolving and change management
NT Project - Field Change Advisor (Former Employee) –  London & National18 January 2018
I enjoyed my time here as we had a very close knit working team, sharing a common desire to succeed and embrace change, No two working days where the same and is was always great to face challenges and have support from other colleagues at all times. A great working environment to get things done.
Productive workplace
Team Support (Current Employee) –  London15 January 2018
Picked up various skills in a team orientated environment. Engage with internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis, keeping in line with business standards. The workplace is a friendly environment with everybody working collectively to achieve the targets of the programme.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere in the office.
Post Office Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingstanding, West Midlands9 January 2018
Great job, enjoyable meeting new people (customers) every day!

Learn lots of new things everyday
Meet new challenges
Can be challenging at times when we are very busy.
Pros
Lots of things to learn
Cons
Lots of different things to remember
Fun workplace
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent8 January 2018
All I had to do was get up in the early morning and go round to my local post office and gather up all of my papers and then start the short process of delivering them to the local people who had ordered them
Pros
Fun
Productive work place
Counter clerk (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex4 January 2018
A lot has changed in recent years.
Very stressful and felt post office was not on the side of employee.
I left to look after my husband through illness but was thinking of leaving anyway
Pros
Mixing with people
Cons
Weekend working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Office Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.