Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

hard work, under pressure, reliable and consistent
Customer Service Consultant / Travel sales (Former Employee) –  Blackfriars, southwark station4 February 2018
I have worked for this company for 28 years and have seen many changes for the company to now become profitable.
It has good benefits if you work hard and can work under pressure.
It has enabled me to be flexible from full time to part time , so that I could bring up my children.
It was flexible with hours to stay on and help the team, likewise when I needed to take time off .
I managed staff and was a solid member of the team who I helped daily with my skill set, especially the newer members,
I covered my managers absence, not just on annual leave but often for weeks at a time.
I enjoyed helping and understanding the customers needs which could be very demanding and varied.
I also continued training and qualified in excellence customer service and travel sales whilst working.
I love to learn and become comfortable, enabling me to help others.
Pros
reliable salary with 6 weeks annual leave, new changes
Cons
not knowing when the next office was up for franchise.
Sales driven
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paxtons Court Newark31 December 2017
A fun team to work with but the onus is heavily on sales skills and the ability to sell extra products, so not one for those of us who don't enjoy selling.
Productive and a good place to work
Customer Service Advisor/consultant (Current Employee) –  Reading7 November 2017
A productive and good place to work in. It is also a fast paced and busy working environment.
Work life balance is a bit challenging but generally a good place to work.
Pros
A lot to learn
Cons
Extra hours not paid
Na
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London29 October 2017
We need some serious management who can make things different.espcially favouritism in the office & lazy staff issues .
I wish I can make it better .
Pros
Na
Fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 September 2017
You get to work with a great team and the managers are very understanding. As many are being franchised a lot of jobs are being lost however the work environment is pleasent depending on your team.
Pros
Great team
Cons
High targets
tough job not all can do
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gorton Manchester21 September 2017
Get till out set for day have a brew and then open up and work as is necessary use driving licence machine,bureaux,and serve and manage as well.It was fun but you couldn't talk to each other just serve,15 minute break morning and afternoon with 1/2 lunch as well.I learned to be polite good smile and be happy and stop fraud as well.
Pros
Paid the way
Cons
long hours but worth it
Good Money but stressful
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire13 June 2017
it was a well paying job but you need to be able to work long days and switch off when your home otherwise it will all get too much. Not enough staff on so long queues of angry customers and managment still expect you to flog insurances when customers are angry or if they just want a single stamp.
Pros
3 Breaks, Great Money, Additonal Hours available
Cons
Long Queues, Not enough Staff, Pressure to sell, Poor Management
Loved it.
Customer Service Advisor/Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harol Hill Rockford3 June 2017
Loved my time there. Had some really good tImes and a few bad but generally speaking was a great place to work. I left on a voluntary redundancy package which I must say I regret taking now. I didn't realise at the time what a good job it was. So if you have the opportunity to work there go for it. You won't be sorry.
Pros
Good salary. Variety of jobs
Cons
Extreme patience is required when dealing some customers
Fun environment
London Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  London, UK8 April 2017
During my time in the company I found it to be a fun challenging environment. It was great working on the front line as a cashier getting to interact with the public.
tbc
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire20 January 2017
good all rounder - been here a while no bad words to share and enjoyed working with the people. its a well known brand and keeps changing with the times
Pros
good hours
Cons
ruff customers
Sinking ship unfortunately
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2017
Great company to work for in the short term.

Long term plans are not very good as Post Office are government owned and are closing down branches or franchising them off meaning that it would not survive much longer.

Typical day at work can include ALOT! Be prepared to not just sit down but to stand up on the self service checkouts, SELL LOTS OF PRODUCTS NOT JUST POSTAGE BUT BANKING PRODUCTS, LIFE INSURANCE AND BROADBAND AND HOME PHONE, listen to constructive criticism, deal with government services we offer, answer some very complex questions and all the meanwhile POST ITEMS TOO!

Lots of procedures, rules, regulations to follow so if you think its a sit down job, GOOD LUCK!

Management are trying.... but again those in the head offices are the ones who are planning to destroy the Post Office and they are doing it as I write this.

Hardest part of the day is having the patience, because the country all seems to think 'The Post Office will do it'. So be prepared to apologise for things that other businesses such as bank staff do for instance sending their customers to the Post Office for forms, advice etc that we do not provide.

The most enjoyable part is the staff members! Old, Young and all diversities that all share a common goal... TO SAVE OUR POST OFFICE.... you will never find that in much places except over here and in the NHS which is also being attacked.
Pros
Staff members
Cons
Head Office staff are wasting valuable funds for the post office, Paula Vennells the top lady in the P.O. is a liar and cheat, Long hours, sometimes too short of hours, expensive if you are in Central London for travelling, No scope for the future, Closures of branches
fun place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barnsley,South Yorkshire relocated to Chesterfield30 November 2016
logging on to computer, taking calls from PO staff working in Post Offices. learned something new everyday as services change regularly. The Management were fair. My co-workers were the best bunch of people and we helped each other. It was difficult to help people that did not explain themselves very well on the phone, but by asking the right questions the problems were solved. i enjoyed helping to solve problems and working with my colleagues.
Pros
good pay
Unrealistic sales culture
Part-time, Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cumbria12 December 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and helping the customers with their needs and feeling appreciated.

Management would benefit if they seriously listened to the staffs needs & acted upon them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Do not listen to staff
productive and busy
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG13 October 2015
It was nice to have experienced working in a post office. Learned of how to handle different kinds of people. Learned on how letters and parcels were sent to different designations. Management were nice and considerate as well as my co-workers. Hardest part was when a customer was claiming a parcel and I couldn't find it. Most enjoyable part was when there was a massive queue as I didn't realise the time mostly.
Pros
free meals and transportation
Great company to work for!
Post Office Customer Service Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharlf16 August 2015
I enjoyed working at the Post Office, however I was having to commute all the way to Canary Wharlf everyday and it became a challenge everyday. The staff were lovely and always helped me whenever I needed it. Don't really know how much it benefitted me with the career path I want to take in life.
Pros
Brilliant staff and career paths
Cons
Too far to commute on a daily basis
loved it
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sutton, ENG15 July 2015
I worked part time but did lots of overtime to help colleges. I served lots of customers, had to remember lots of transactions, try to sell different products and deal with lots of money including currency.

lots of transactions, where different zones of countries were.
management and co workers were helpful if I needed help and I always did over time to help out.

balancing the till each week

all of it
Pros
excellent salary, helpful colegues
Busy workplace
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, WLS16 April 2015
Busy challenging environment and, as with most companies, beginning to suffer from staff cutbacks which are having a detrimental effect on customer service.
Pros
Meeting lots of people. No two days ever the same
Cons
Pressure to sell products ever-increasing
time for something new
Customer Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exmouth, ENG5 March 2015
very busy recent changes self service machines have decreased staff levels made the job less enjoyable and unfair on the customer .have great work mates and i am a good team player i have worked my way up in the job but unable to go any further as staff cuts do not allow this for me i feel its maybe to time to re think things and put my skills to something new
Pros
well paid get looked after by the company
Cons
no staff branch is at breaking point and no signs of any changes
good company
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, ENG4 November 2014
post office is a good company to work for they give a good rate of pay and try to ensure staff are happy and safe at work a typical day was the same as what i do now but our branch was franchised
Pros
good pay good holidays and care for staffs wellbeing
Cons
unstable conditions with franchise closures
Diverse and interesting
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenford1 September 2014
No two days are the same as different foot fall passes through the branch. Meeting customers, listening to their needs and providing a excellent service which meets their needs and expectations. I have learnt to calmly listen, explain our services and in the case of upset or disappointed customers, helping to resolve their problems so that they leave the branch with a positive view of Post Office Ltd. I have worked with colleagues from different walks of life and backgrounds and am a team player who works hard but enjoys a laugh too. The hardest part of the job is dealing with long queues which I manage by staying calm and prioritising my work. The most enjoyable part are the people both who I work with and serve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Office Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Post Office Ltd Reviews by Location