Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews in London

ok
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  London19 September 2018
Having the responsibility of handling money, assisting customers and ensuring their few minutes in the post office is a positive trip, helping other clerk staff in the office and having a drive to pursue more each day, weighing packages and taking in returned packages by customers, ensuring they are kept in the correct places in the correct order.
Perform any combination of tasks in the post office, such as receive letters and parcels; sell postage and revenue stamps, postal cards, and stamped envelopes; fill out and sell money orders.
Being the first attentive in the office when customers need advice for licence/insurance letters, oysters, DVLA and more, helping customers withdraw their money, counting money and helping customers and staff build a mutual trust.
Pros
Security
Cons
Very Long hours
Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London30 April 2018
I have learned a lot of skills working at a post office from the basic, sending mail through money handling and exceeding customer expectations to managing the office nevironment
Pros
free post office broadband
Learning and responsibility
Postal Officer (Former Employee) –  London11 March 2018
Every day was different, and every customer was different. Loved the variety.
A very unique job, every day was a learning day, either from the workplace, or the customers.
Managers who worked their way up in the job were easier to work for, but the post office started bringing in managers from outside the job, and the culture was very different. It made it an "them and us culture". Some personalities worked with us, but some were a bit of a jobsworth.
The hardest part of the job was when they changed the way things were done, but didn't pass the message on.
Enjoyed working with my colleagues, met some interesting people over the years, and most of the customers had interesting stories to tell.
Great place tpo work
Helpdesk & Issues Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 January 2018
Leading a team of Helpdesk Advisors managing issues & queries from 7,500 Post Offices. Maintained SLA of 90% on first time fix of issues. Maintain the relationship with key stakeholder National Federation of sub-postmasters & Operators, Field teams & other key business areas to support the delivery of a strategic Network Transformation Programme. Responsible for Management Information & reporting, case management & team development, as well as Stakeholder management, including liaison with the Network Business Support Centre & Public Consultation Teams. Carry out compliantly yearly audit plans for the wellbeing for my team.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Project Work
Ever evolving and change management
NT Project - Field Change Advisor (Former Employee) –  London & National18 January 2018
I enjoyed my time here as we had a very close knit working team, sharing a common desire to succeed and embrace change, No two working days where the same and is was always great to face challenges and have support from other colleagues at all times. A great working environment to get things done.
Productive workplace
Team Support (Current Employee) –  London15 January 2018
Picked up various skills in a team orientated environment. Engage with internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis, keeping in line with business standards. The workplace is a friendly environment with everybody working collectively to achieve the targets of the programme.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere in the office.
Excellent company to work for
SAP Administrator (Former Employee) –  London10 October 2017
I spent 34 years at the post office. Starting as a postman in 1971 and working my way up to hHead of Sap implementation team in
London. A great company to work for with ample opportunities for those who wish to progress. I still miss the company and would like to start my working life again.
Pros
Fine example of a perfect employer
Cons
Can’t think of any
fun
Christmas Casual Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2017
only left because I was there as an christmas casual. I really hoped they kept me on permanently by they didnt because they were fully staffed. Was only there for couple weeks.
Interesting & Well Loved Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorgate, London28 September 2017
The Post Office is the second most trusted brand in the UK and generally loved by its regular customers.

A typical day at work can be extremely diverse, obviously very much dependent on your role and the Team you are part of.

I learnt a great deal from my experience at The Post Office - both positives and negatives.

Some Managers are very forward thinking and incredibly supportive. Others are very much "old school" and averse to change and progression.

The workplace culture is mixed. There are a number of social events and activities and charitable support but there is still an overall communication issue and some Teams continue to work in silo without collaborating with others working on similar issues or projects.

The hardest part of the job is really dependent on your remit and the objectives / KPIs which you have been set. These can also directly affect bonuses across the whole business.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity of people. Some employees have only ever worked at The Post Office (40 years plus in some cases!) working alongside newer employees who have worked in a more traditional, commercial environment.

The Post Office really is its own "bubble world" and I have not encountered another business like it in all of my working life.
Pros
Extremely employee focused, good pension plan, competitive salaries with a structured bonus scheme dependent on personnel grade.
Cons
Old fashioned and not forward thinking, employ too many Contractors on ridiculous daily rates with little knowledge of the business.
Fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 September 2017
You get to work with a great team and the managers are very understanding. As many are being franchised a lot of jobs are being lost however the work environment is pleasent depending on your team.
Pros
Great team
Cons
High targets
Fast and boring
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 August 2017
Working at the post office was very long and hard work because the amount of papers delivered gets changed and the houses change too soo it gets a bit confusing sometimes
Pros
Get to ride a bike
Cons
Early mornings
Out moded, public sector culture,
Head of Security Operations (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 August 2017
Probably the worst place I have worked with low morale and a senior management culture which allowed bullies to operate. Having said that I expanded my knowledge base considerabley
Pros
Pension
Cons
Too much emphasis on process and not output
Fast paced, constantly changing
Personal Assistant to Chief Executive, Retail (Current Employee) –  London5 July 2017
Good company to work for with a family friendly awareness. Working to very tight budgets, so not much room for fun things! Constant change within teams. Maybe too many managers!
Good
Team Leader/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 June 2017
Colleagues at work makes it easy to want to be at work, learnt a lot about life talking to colleagues of different life stories. The managers makes the work sometimes difficult by not been easy to work with. The only hardest part of the job was the driving and getting a parking space to carry out your cash deliveries. I certainly enjoy the reward of making customers happy after and see there reactions.
Fun workplace
Postal Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 June 2017
Lots of positive interaction with the general public.

Friendly and relaxed working environment.

Need an aptitude for figures.

Good work-life balance.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
No opportunity for progression
Ongoing transformations
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 May 2017
Continued changes make it a hard place to work in especially as all the detailed business knowledge has left the organisation.

It also needs to be more challenging on existing employees.
Working at post office
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  London11 April 2017
Working for the post office was very well paid.
I felt like female managers were not given the same respect.
However working for the post office has been a good business to work for.
Pros
Good salary
Fun environment
London Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  London, UK8 April 2017
During my time in the company I found it to be a fun challenging environment. It was great working on the front line as a cashier getting to interact with the public.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  London20 March 2017
Enjoyable place to work- I have learnt a lot about project management which has given me many skills for the future. There is a good work life balance
Really busy place, but however I am enjoying a lot
Customer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 March 2017
I am really appropriate, that I can work in one of the top Post Office in London. I learned so many things, because I had an opportunity to work in difference managements. The most important things what I learned "customer service" , it is mean greet each and every customer with smile, treat them professionally.
Cons
Very long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Office Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.