Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews in Birmingham

See reviews about:
Great Employer
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham2 October 2017
Great pay & benefits, I spent 28 years of my life there. Lots of opportunities for development & progression. great work colleagues, very interesting work
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 January 2017
I enjoyed both the work and colleagues here. The work was interesting and you were gievn an opportunity to learn new things and develop yourself. The hours suited my home life.
Great Benefits, great people, fun place to work
Human Resources Clerk (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 December 2016
I do not rate a lot of the managers that I work for, as most are very lazy and I really do not understand how they have still got a job. The hardest part of my job is actually dealing with managers who do not understand the need to inform myself about staffing issues in a timely manner. Part of my job is to inform and keep a track of the whereabouts of all managers and employees within the unit and making sure cover is available for holidays, sick absence or unpaid leave. My immediate co workers are great to work with we help each other with our duties where we can and we make sure we have fun and laughter everyday
Excellent employers - but didn't respond well to market forces.
Postal Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 May 2013
Serving the general public, dealing with large amounts of cash and balancing my own work on a daily basis and once a week processing the account for the whole office, sending all the weekly work off to the relevant departments.
I learnt how to work with all types of people, deal with awkward/angry customers, how to work accurately and speedily sometimes serving over 300 people a day.
I had experience of managing and realise what a difficult and demanding job it is.
The team you work with is very important, you must work well together and look out for each other to get the job done well.
The general public were both the hardest and also the most enjoyable part of the job with the Post Office.
Pros
Free uniform, 6 weeks holiday, good pay, good bonuses, excellent pension, proper training.
Cons
Saturday working, hard selling.