Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews

Fantastic place to work - when you're not franchised off
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  UK1 November 2018
Fantastic rates of pay and working hours if working for Post Office Ltd (In a 'Crown' office). Unfortunately there is no longer any stability in the Crown Offices as they are franchising off the branches, reducing standards and with no thought for the staff or customers.
The senior managers are underhand and get rid of hardworking and profitable offices without any care for the staff and their families, or for what the customers actually want.
20years ago you might have got a career with the Post Office, but not any more.
Pros
Pay and benefits. Working hours and holiday
Cons
No stability and not appreciated by the business
Labour-intensive
Courier (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull24 October 2018
Delivering mounds of papers and advertisements is no easy feat. One must be able to endure the weight. Very little interaction with management, whether that is a good or bad thing is up for debate.
boring and empty
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Leicester10 October 2018
not good they didn't care, the staff were very unenthusiastic and didn't really help me enough as I was only there for work experience, didn't really gain much experience from these lot.
Cons
free work - no pay
I had fun sereving customers
Post Office Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tetbury8 October 2018
The customers are great and always prepared to learn your name if your a new face and they always like to get to know you well as they believe they will feel more at ease with you handling their money and their banking stuff
Pros
Customers
Cons
Depending on management but in my experience it would be the manager
Flexible Working
Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 October 2018
Flexible working: working from home. Good working conditions. Senior and lead teams visible and approachable. Good work culture with friendly staff. .
Post Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire1 October 2018
I had a good and enjoyable time working at this place. The staff were extremely helpful and this helped me in giving excellent customer service.
I enjoyed team work which is an important asset.
I felt like a family member
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Tiring standing
Sad times now
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside28 September 2018
Used to be a great job, varied transactions, meeting nice customers and helping them. From Banking, pensions , Travel, Dvla, Passport Agency , Insurance as well as traditional postal services . You have to be interested in learning about the different services as there are a wide variety of products .
Pay is good and benefits package, unfortunately gone from a public service to a hard sales culture, be prepared to upsell on everything, even a stamp, and you will be measured on this . Personally it has spoiled the work place environment and is now a " cash cow " in selling to anybody and aggressive management to put.
Pros
Pay, Customers, Variety
Cons
Sad sales culture, cutbacks, Management ?
ok
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  London19 September 2018
Having the responsibility of handling money, assisting customers and ensuring their few minutes in the post office is a positive trip, helping other clerk staff in the office and having a drive to pursue more each day, weighing packages and taking in returned packages by customers, ensuring they are kept in the correct places in the correct order.
Perform any combination of tasks in the post office, such as receive letters and parcels; sell postage and revenue stamps, postal cards, and stamped envelopes; fill out and sell money orders.
Being the first attentive in the office when customers need advice for licence/insurance letters, oysters, DVLA and more, helping customers withdraw their money, counting money and helping customers and staff build a mutual trust.
Pros
Security
Cons
Very Long hours
Challenging and rewarding place of work
Manager or clerk or supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire17 September 2018
A place of work where you can give money away every day and see pleasure in your work. To engage with all types of public life. To listen to people and never judge and knowingly make their day every day
Pros
Hours
Cons
Angry customers some times
Lovely staff
Paper Girl (Former Employee) –  Northumberland7 September 2018
During my time at the post office, I met some lovely co workers who were extremely understanding. My time here allowed me to meet new people and create a stronger bond with my community.
Pros
Payment
Cons
Heavy bag

Want to know more about Post Office Ltd?

Ask a question
Ok employer
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Essex15 August 2018
Governments over the years have badly let down the post office people still perceive the post office as a public service its not really any more the sales targets have seen to that really needs to privatised to save it like the royal mail group has then the funding issue can be resolved and they can stop closing them down
Pros
local and hours good
Cons
sales targets
Post Office Clerk
Post Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear13 August 2018
I always enjoyed my job as a Post Office Clerk meeting customers,helping them with their queries to a satisfactory outcome.I particularly liked the variety of the work dealing with passports,DVLA , Royal Mail,banking,you didn't know what you were going to do to help your next customer.
I enjoyed being part of a team, working together.
Pros
Variety
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 July 2018
interesting, good, enjoy going to work, nice people, good work life balance, good brand on CV, enjoy going to work, large team, supportive, good social life
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Benfleet, Essex27 July 2018
I love the people who I work with and the job title I do, but now I feel I need to change my role in something different, new challenges, meet new people.
Great experience
Shop assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 July 2018
I worked here as a Saturday job. It was fresh, fun and exciting. There was always a heavy load each day and a very early start but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Pros
Finish early due to starting early
Cons
No such thing as a typical day
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen19 July 2018
In the post office you have to be ready for anything. We can have extremely busy days and oddly calm days.
We have a variety of services and our customer base is extremely large. Working with different services means different situations from handling mail and ensuring customers items are delivered, to foreign currency and a variety of insurances. Ensuring customer satisfaction is the common aspect of the role.
The management will be dedicated to ensuring the customer has the best deal.
Its really enjoyable meeting so many people and getting to know your regulars, they can make your day when the pop in to pay a bill or send a card.
challenging and very productive
Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Enfield5 July 2018
its a very long day at work, serving and talking to customers all day at work whilst carrying heavy items too. the working culture is amazing, friendly nice supportive colleagues. A serious downside is you dont get to take break properly because queues get so long and manager will call you out to help.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
benefits are rubbish
Productive and easy going workplace.
Paper Girl (Former Employee) –  Alsager, Cheshire4 July 2018
Very friendly and helpful staff that will respond to your needs. Lovely place to work, very productive and enjoyable. The wages are fair and the work is reliable.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Early hours
Friendly management, low wage
Newspaper Distributor (Former Employee) –  Northallerton, North Yorkshire21 June 2018
Despite the early hours and low wage, the job was flexible to suit my needs and the management was lovely. The work allowed me to get to know my local area better, it was a shame my local branch soon closed down.
Paper Girl (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midland15 June 2018
I enjoy been a paper girl as I was earning money at a young age, I also loved working as I’m a hard working individual which loves to be productive and take on my own responsibilities
Pros
Morning job
Cons
Before school

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Office Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.