Post Office Ltd Employee Reviews

ok
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  London19 September 2018
Having the responsibility of handling money, assisting customers and ensuring their few minutes in the post office is a positive trip, helping other clerk staff in the office and having a drive to pursue more each day, weighing packages and taking in returned packages by customers, ensuring they are kept in the correct places in the correct order.
Perform any combination of tasks in the post office, such as receive letters and parcels; sell postage and revenue stamps, postal cards, and stamped envelopes; fill out and sell money orders.
Being the first attentive in the office when customers need advice for licence/insurance letters, oysters, DVLA and more, helping customers withdraw their money, counting money and helping customers and staff build a mutual trust.
Pros
Security
Cons
Very Long hours
Challenging and rewarding place of work
Manager or clerk or supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire17 September 2018
A place of work where you can give money away every day and see pleasure in your work. To engage with all types of public life. To listen to people and never judge and knowingly make their day every day
Pros
Hours
Cons
Angry customers some times
Ok employer
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Essex15 August 2018
Governments over the years have badly let down the post office people still perceive the post office as a public service its not really any more the sales targets have seen to that really needs to privatised to save it like the royal mail group has then the funding issue can be resolved and they can stop closing them down
Pros
local and hours good
Cons
sales targets
Post Office Clerk
Post Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear13 August 2018
I always enjoyed my job as a Post Office Clerk meeting customers,helping them with their queries to a satisfactory outcome.I particularly liked the variety of the work dealing with passports,DVLA , Royal Mail,banking,you didn't know what you were going to do to help your next customer.
I enjoyed being part of a team, working together.
Pros
Variety
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 July 2018
interesting, good, enjoy going to work, nice people, good work life balance, good brand on CV, enjoy going to work, large team, supportive, good social life
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Benfleet, Essex27 July 2018
I love the people who I work with and the job title I do, but now I feel I need to change my role in something different, new challenges, meet new people.
Great experience
Shop assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 July 2018
I worked here as a Saturday job. It was fresh, fun and exciting. There was always a heavy load each day and a very early start but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Pros
Finish early due to starting early
Cons
No such thing as a typical day
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen19 July 2018
In the post office you have to be ready for anything. We can have extremely busy days and oddly calm days.
We have a variety of services and our customer base is extremely large. Working with different services means different situations from handling mail and ensuring customers items are delivered, to foreign currency and a variety of insurances. Ensuring customer satisfaction is the common aspect of the role.
The management will be dedicated to ensuring the customer has the best deal.
Its really enjoyable meeting so many people and getting to know your regulars, they can make your day when the pop in to pay a bill or send a card.
challenging and very productive
Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Enfield5 July 2018
its a very long day at work, serving and talking to customers all day at work whilst carrying heavy items too. the working culture is amazing, friendly nice supportive colleagues. A serious downside is you dont get to take break properly because queues get so long and manager will call you out to help.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
benefits are rubbish
Productive and easy going workplace.
Paper Girl (Former Employee) –  Alsager, Cheshire4 July 2018
Very friendly and helpful staff that will respond to your needs. Lovely place to work, very productive and enjoyable. The wages are fair and the work is reliable.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Early hours
Friendly management, low wage
Newspaper Distributor (Former Employee) –  Northallerton, North Yorkshire21 June 2018
Despite the early hours and low wage, the job was flexible to suit my needs and the management was lovely. The work allowed me to get to know my local area better, it was a shame my local branch soon closed down.
Paper Girl (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midland15 June 2018
I enjoy been a paper girl as I was earning money at a young age, I also loved working as I’m a hard working individual which loves to be productive and take on my own responsibilities
Pros
Morning job
Cons
Before school
stressful
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Loughton12 June 2018
The day was split into incredibly busy and boring parts. There would be hours on end of having nothing to do then suddenly there would be a queue outside of the store. Also being the only person on the counter, I would get very lonely at times.
Customer service
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Upminster6 June 2018
work quickly.
Effective time management.
Able to manage finance.
To cope with peak times and being calm through tough situations.
Being friendly and welcoming towards customers.
Pros
Able to meet different customers everyday
Fun and Relaxed Workplace
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salisbury4 June 2018
A great place to work with friendly and welcoming staff, customers can vary but often you will become close with frequent visitors. A typical day includes dealing with all manner of customer requests from something as simple as a stamp to renewing a driving license or taking out travel insurance.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Friendly Staff
Cons
Busy holiday period
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shirebrook, Derbyshire29 May 2018
Working at the post office is a good job. I enjoyed it because the staff were friendly and was offered a competitive salary, an easy job to learn and provide you with essential skills.
Good first job
Duties - Part time paper (Former Employee) –  Barnsley23 May 2018
General Duties delivering newspapers. All work gear provided.
Learnt route. Hardest part getting up really early before college
Paid on time Employers always pleasant
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Early starts
Great colleagues
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire9 May 2018
This was my first job after leaving college. It was a great company to work for, as there are so many varied roles available. They were good for flexible working and overall salary package and benefits.
Wonderful environment
Post Office Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol6 May 2018
An excellent environment to work in. I learnt a lot about customer service from the friendly, one-to-one interactions with local customers. I was very sad to leave.
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley3 May 2018
Was a chilled out job where all you required was to know up to stick a shelf and you also had to do general cleaning duties but it was only a tiny store so not much mess was made
Pros
Fun
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Office Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.