Portman Dental Care Ltd

Portman Dental Care Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom53 reviews
Featured review
Portman Dental Care Ltd selected this as a representative review
Best company I’ve worked for!
I have worked for Portman for 3 years and joining them was the best decision I ever made. It is the first job that doesn’t give me the Sunday blues as there is a real work-life balance. I feel I am part of a team and not just a number, I would go as far to say they actually listen to everyone regardless of their job title. Portman empower their team to be the best they can be and give them the opportunity to drive their practices, as if it was their own. Although the company has grown considerably since I joined, I still feel like Portman values their team the same.
16 March 2020
Thank you very much for this review, it is very much appreciated.
Caring & Supportive place to work
I joined at Eustace Dental & Implant Clinic in Sept 2019 and so pleased I made the decision to join.
The practice is a happy, caring, sometimes stressful, but mainly fun place to work.

Everyone helps each other, Dentist care about the quality of treatment they provide, the support teams go above and beyond when necessary and overall a great bunch of people.

Opportunities for all to grow and develop and learn new skills a very welcoming and warm team.
A company that really does live it's values
Portman are a upcoming company, who always are learning as they go along. They really do live their values and focus on the patient and their people. So many opportunities to progress as they grow.
productive and supportive
Everyone is more than helpful and very patient. Management are very supportive and educational. Good team environment to be a part of. No pressure put upon you, just support!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Time keeping
Growing Corporate
A practice which is family orientated and boasts a good selection of treatment types. Fantastic and professional team.
Benefits include a corporate perks scheme, special days and social events.

Minimal progression opportunities or extended duties with pay to reflect these.

Contracts from before a takeover meaning you are sometimes treated differently.
16 March 2020
Thank you very much for this review, we really do appreciate it.
An innovative business
Portman Dental own and manage over 100 dental practices in the UK.

Run by a great management team, Portman offer a high standard of dental care.

I enjoyed working with such a forward thinking business.
Portman- a challenging but rewarding place to be
Portman is a fast paced, friendly, supportive and energetic company. But, if you're looking for lots of structure, repetition and little change it's not the place for you.

Portman does expect a lot, but it also gives a lot in return and genuinely looks after it's people by offering a nice working environment, learning and development opportunities, lots of benefits and flexible working arrangements.

It's not perfect, or by any means the finished article and that's what makes it a hard but rewarding place to be. Through necessity you need to be prepared to roll your sleeves up and be part of the solution, but you also get the chance to make your mark.

I love it and feel genuinely lucky to work alongside my Portman colleagues, doing what we do best for our patients, every day.
Awful pay
Although there are opportunities to advance in your career, and some extra ‘benefits’ that you don’t often get at other companies (I.e special days off and sick pay etc), the actual base rate of pay is terrible in comparison to the extra roles and responsibilities you’re expected to take on. And the corporate management is a joke. No one ever gets back to you from head office if you have a problem, and as a whole I don’t feel appreciated at all. You’re just a number on a payslip with Portman.
10 February 2020
I am sorry you feel this way. We have recently carried out a Dental Nurse pay benchmarking review across the company to ensure our pay is competitive, and we do believe the colleague benefits offered are the best in the industry. If you have any concerns regarding response rates from a specific department within the central support office please raise this with your Practice Manager, or the people team, who will look into this for you. Thank you for your review.
Challenging yet rewarding and fun
Portman put their trust in you and let you work using your own initiative. The ethos of the business is different to any other dental corporate which in turn makes you feel appreciated. You are a person at Portman, not just a number.
You have a whole network of colleagues in practice and at the Port who are happy to support you. Because Portman regularly organise meetings and conferences you have the chance to meet other colleagues from all areas of the business. Being able to network with other colleagues proves beneficial as you can put faces to names which makes for a friendly and smooth running of day to day activities.
working for portman healthcare
Working For Portman Healthcare has given me opportunities without any pressure to better myself as an employee.
The work place and team are great, we are one family working together to get the best out of each other to have a smooth running day.

Our Clinicians and receptionist are very accommodating in helping to run a stress free diary.

We communicate ,have regular in house lunch meeting to get vital feedback and to find out how our practice at Aston Clinton is doing on a weekly/monthly Basic.

Overall I Am Very Happy
Ethical company
Very ethical and are going places.
Great company to work for but expanding too fast with not enough resources in place.

Teams are great to work with and the workplace culture is good.
Pros
lots
Cons
lots
Friendly & supportive place
Busy but relaxed Dental Practice. All staff are friendly, helpful and make me feel part of the team.
Portman offer some really good benefits. My favourite is that I get a day off for my Birthday!

Great place to work.
Productive and fun place to work..
- Never boring, there is always something to do
- I am gaining knowledge daily in management

- Professional energetic team

- Fair management

- Good employee perks
Long hours, a lot of work but great people
The people at Portman are great but the hours are long, you’re contracted to 40 hours but regular do a lot more. This company is great for someone who’s young and wants to get on. I wouldn’t say there is much work life balance as the workload is so large and unrealistic. With the whole team working long hours and done through the night.
I do think there’s a lot of work to be done to lighten the load. I can’t say the salary reflects the amount of unpaid overtime.
17 December 2019
Good afternoon. Thank you for your review, we do appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that you felt that the workload was unrealistic. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me, recruitment@portmandental.co.uk
Family feel and patients first.
Great for training opportunities and progression. Staff always helpful and supportive. Great benefits packages. Hardest part of the job is the admin but when you get used to it ,its fine. Good work/life balance makes for happy employee's.
Portman- Up and coming Private Coorperate
Vision and values are what they should be. Very patient focused. Great company. Don't aspire to being the biggest dental company but the best private company
Fantastic place to work
I joined Portman 18 months ago and I have never looked back.
I was promised support, autonomy and the chance to progress and develop, Portman have delivered in all areas.

I feel fortunate to be able to offer people opportunities to work at Portman as I strongly believe in their visions and values.

Everyone that I have worked alongside have been helpful and friendly.

Portman is an exciting company, with a clear strategy, and I am looking forward to what the future holds.
Supportive Work Place with Nice Perks
Portman Dental Care is a supportive and progressive work environment. I enjoy the additional special days I get ( on top of my annual leave), such a moving house day and birthday day.
The majority of people that work at the company are friendly, professional and positive.
Excellent job culture, supportive and fun
The company has a fantastic culture that really encourages a healthy work life balance. It is also apparent the wellness of colleagues is of importance to the exec board and they appreciate the work everyone does.

I have felt very supported in my role from day one and I feel the work I do is valued from my immediate team right to the exec board. There are opportunities to further my learning through training courses and to also progress in my career.
Pros
Supportive manager, benefits package, working environment, flexible working
A work in progress
I generally enjoy the dentistry aspect, and am fairly certain that when we sold to Portman, we sold to the best corporate around.
We have sadly had a high turnover of staff, and managers, since then which leads to uncertainty and fear.

I hope with improved leadership and discipline, confidence in the team will improve, as my ambition is to continue working for Portman, gaining new skills, and adding to the value of the business to ensure success for us all in the future.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
High staff turnover creates instability
Top quality facilities
Portman are great at what they represent, and what they strive to become! In my time at Portman I have been impressed at all the mechanisms in place to grow and improve! I have learnt a great deal in the importance of the patient journey and how everything we do starts with this! Great place to work!
Pros
Social fund, lots of courses to further knowledge.