Portman Dental Care Ltd Employee Reviews

Best company I’ve worked for
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rainham, Kent19 February 2019
I joined Portman as a dental nurse 3 months ago and it has been the best decision I’ve made in my career.
I was lucky enough to be offered my position at the nicest practice I’ve worked at and with the greatest team I could ask for.
The pay and colleague benefits are excellent which are employee focused and highly beneficial.
I’ve finally found a place to work that makes me want to jump out of bed in the morning.
Pros
Employee benefits and training schemes
Cons
N/a
Strong company values, colleague focused company
Human Resource Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire12 February 2019
Portman is a Colleague focused, family orientated company.

Portman offers excellent Colleague benefits before and after completing probation period, with a strong focus on flexible working hours and Colleague well-being.

Senior Management are approachable and instantly welcome you to the business,
Pros
HappyPeople benefits, flexible hours, career progression
Great company and forward thinking company
Manager (Current Employee) –  South West10 February 2019
The company has a clear vision to be the best Dental company and strong values which include an open honest and transparent culture. To be patient focused and to really look after colleagues and clinicians.
i have always felt these values to be true and would recommend Portman as a great place to work.
Pros
Pay & Rewards.
Cons
N/a
Excellent Place to work with great benefits
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire6 February 2019
Felt like one of the team instantly.
Positive place to work with great benefits within the company.
I have worked with other corporate company's but never experienced such a lovely welcome and felt really appreciated.
Great wages, great management. Lovely people through out the whole Portman company.
Pros
Wages, Team Building, Progression
Cons
n/a
Great company to work for
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire6 February 2019
I worked for Portman for a few years. The company are very good to work for - lots of benefits such as paying for courses, extra holiday days, pay for sick days, GDC, indemnity and CPD paid for, good pay (for a dental nurse) - the practice I worked at was fantastic, this was because of the brilliant principle dentists who worked there and I also made friends for life with some of the nurses. I moved on from the practice due to another job opportunity, but I would always recommend Portman to other nurses as they gave me the opportunity to further my career, gain more qualifications and they are a great company to work for.
Pros
Pay, courses are paid for, great dentists
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire4 February 2019
Dental nurse (Former Employee) –  Hereford3 February 2019
A great place to work
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Wales24 April 2018
I've been with Portman for a year now, and can honestly say I have never looked back. Hard work, busy days, a challenging environment, all supported by an incredible team at The Port, with forward thinking management and lots of enthusiasm.

Training and compliance is second to none, Portman expect incredibly high standards, and the employees are all passionate about their positions and ensure this is delivered.

It's the first corporate I've worked for where I still feel I am treated as an individual and my thoughts and ideas matter. I can honestly say I feel Portman are head and shoulders above the rest of the dental corporates, with a fantastic work ethic and a huge regard for their colleagues. Come on over - give it a try - you won't be disappointed.
Pros
Autonomy, job satisfaction, support, excellent compliance standards
Cons
Long hours to start, but the rewards are worth it!
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire19 April 2018
I have worked at Portman Dental for over 6 months and it is a great place to work. Everyone is very welcoming and professional and coming to work is never a chore!!
Pros
Benefits and Social aspect
Cons
Long Hours
The best private dental company in the uk.
Practice manager (Current Employee) –  Central Field Based16 April 2018
The best dental company to work for, patients and colleagues really do matter. People live and breathe Portman’s Visions and Values. People are treated as people and not numbers.
Pros
Happy people, perks at work, knowledgable, compliant and thoughtful management.
Cons
None at all
Great company to work for
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicestet23 March 2018
I have worked for Portman Dental for 7 years since they started up. I started as a dental nurse then promoted to assistant manager and now practice manager. The culture is amazing. You get great perks extra days holiday etc. You always feel supported.
Pros
Support you get, extra benefits
Practice Managers - this is the company to work for!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Isle of Wight27 February 2018
I have worked for Portman for nearly four years. Genuinely can't say enough positives about this company. You have the freedom, support and resources to fully develop your practice. Everything is about the patient experience - as it should be. The management listen when you need help and they treat every employee or associated team member as an equal and valued member of the Portman family. I feel like I work with and for friends everyday. Wouldn't even consider working for anyone else.
Pros
Being appreciated everyday
Cons
None at all
So glad I made the move
Recruitment Partner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 February 2018
I joined Portman Dental Care almost a year ago and have enjoyed every moment of it so far. This job has the culture I was promised, the expectations and the autonomy I have been looking for in my position.
When interviewing and researching Portman, I was attracted by the image of a young, growing and successful business that listens to it's employees almost a year in I'm not disappointed!
All of this is driven from the top down and ensures the culture of the business remains one of a 'family feel' and every single one of my colleagues keeps this alive making my role within the business really enjoyable.
Pros
The culture of the business
You're not just a number, you're a person here
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire7 February 2018
Portman has been a huge adventure in the short time I've been here. Management take time to get to know you and what you want from the role and how they can help you develop your skills further. Although the company is new, they are expanding all the time but the atmosphere in the office hasn't changed despite growing. Everyone is friendly, welcoming and no one hesitates in helping another.
Pros
Being part of a new business
Everyone at Portman engages with the business vision and values!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire26 January 2018
The culture of Portman really is everything i hoped for, i waited two years for the right role to come up and i have never looked back. Do not be put off by the rigorous recruitment and selection process, align your skills, knowledge and experience with job description and if you feel passionate about the role go for it!!! The speed of the business can be challenging if you are not organised and motivated. If you work hard and remain as positive as the day you start the rewards will come.