PORTCHESTER COMMUNITY SCHOOL

PORTCHESTER COMMUNITY SCHOOL Employee Reviews

The job is varied, with some progression opportunities. the hour by hour can be stressful and at times it can be felt the issues are not dealt with effectively but overall this role requires someone who can just get on with the job and not require micro managing. The support from colleagues and managaement was high and available if required. Working with the students would generally be rewarding, although challenging at times.
Pros
varied, rewarding, informative, supported at times, good hours, holiiays, no work to take home or after hours meetings.
Cons
Limited progression
I enjoyed working all day spending time with children age ranges. I learned that depending on the children's abilitys their separate needs are different. I communicated a lot with staff and got to know the staff very well they accepted me as part of the team. Portchester community school has pre school which I took part in to learn for different children. The job didn't appear very hard as I have a number of siblings. I enjoyed working with the staff and children as they all have a different and bright personality.
Pros
Break. Meeting new p
Cons
Long hours missing dinner with family
Working in a school means I do not get the opportunity to get to know students individually and I cannot help them personally to develop their own interests. This is the reason I would prefer to work as a governess. I typically start at 7.30 am and finish around 5.30, but will still need to do some work of an evening planning or marking. I enjoy working with the students and exploring ideas with them. My co-workers are very supportive and there is a very positive environment at school.
Pros
Working on own iniative
Cons
Long hours/poor wages