Portafina

Portafina Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
i have been working here for 5 years now and i feel so comfortable and relaxed , i enjoy coming to work and doing my work which i never have felt in any of my past jobs, made so many new friends and everyone is really nice and makes anyone feel welcome.
Pros
great party's, rewards for Christmas, birthday voucher and day off
Cons
lunch break only half an hour
Portafina is a great place to work - There is the perfect balance of work and fun.

They are constantly encouraging employees to develop their career and strive for higher positions within the company by giving responsibility, taking exams etc. The office is a very relaxed and friendly place to work where you can easily settle in within a week or two. Hard work is always noticed and rewarded. They always welcome feedback on how to improve.
Pros
Relaxed, great support for progression, good employee benefits.
Cons
The Compliance system of marking work is demotivating, usually bad traffic on the estate after work, would like more flexible hours or the option to work from home.
Very relaxed atmosphere and a family vibe on most teams. There is a great social committee that organises seasonal events and individual days where staff are treated to free lunches/treats. Birthday and Christmas vouchers are given to all staff and a fuss is made for people celebrating other events (getting married, having a baby, retiring etc).

All staff are encouraged to progress within the company and this is heavily driven by taking external exams. There is an internal exam for all staff to take in order to pass their probationary period. This aspect is good if your aim is to progress and be successful in financial services, however if you are looking to complete a role without the additional knowledge required to climb the professional ladder then this may not be for you. All exams and training materials are funded by the company (exam re-takes must be funded by the individual).

The managing director is very involved with staff and has an open door policy which makes them very approachable.
Pros
Great social committee and events.
Cons
Employee success is exam driven
Portafina is a great place to work. The company is very supportive and encourages professional development. There is a relaxed atmosphere in the office and everyone is friendly and helpful. Those who go above and beyond are rewarded for their hard work.
Pros
Great culture, Company is very supportive with professional development, Opportunities for career progression, Brilliant employee benefits.
Cons
Sometimes there is traffic getting off of the estate.
It was a great place to work for. The company environment is generally pretty relaxed, but of course there are times when it can be intense like any company.

The management try there best to listen and everyone seems to be working towards the same goal.
Pros
Great team environment, friendly people
Cons
Not always clear on the direction
Working at Portafina was more than painful, each day felt more stressful than the last and seemingly it didn’t get better. With such a high turnover of staff, the workload just got more and more yet management didn’t seem to do anything about it. When concerns were raised, nothing happened and months later when the same issues were raised, management had seemingly forgotten it had already been mentioned. Alongside this, the bonus structure is constantly changing which makes making money a struggle month in month out. Couldn’t recommend this company at all, it’s too toxic for what it’s worth.
Misinformation from a poor management team downwards.
Lack of incentives for job progression, career enhancement.

Management team consists of those who were willing to brown nose
Their turnover is very, very high. I was let go after my performance and apparently my attitude as well were too poor. I was constantly told to do the wrong things by the other girls on the team, which brought my score down every day. The team didn't like me because I didn't watch Love Island or say "like" 37484738 times a day, so they wanted me gone. I know two others who were let go in similar ways. This job made my anxiety dreadful. I was told to be quiet when I tried getting to know the other girls while everyone else could talk freely. You're also only allowed two five minute breaks on top of a 30 minute lunch break and they work you like a robot. If you're one of the few to pass probation, you get really good perks but that's likely to make up for everything else. Please don't apply here.
I enjoyed working for Portafina. My managers where excellent and genuinely cared for us, and wanted you to do well. Some of the targets where unrealistic and meant achieving your bonus was a rare and the way your work is checked is incredibly demotivating. That aside, I loved the work and my colleagues, and the company is very transparent with the MD running quarterly meeting the whole company attends. They also have a fun committee, so events are regular and they’re brilliant!
Pros
Interesting work & friendly colleagues
Cons
Low pay for an IFA & bonus was hard to achieve
Portafina is a nice friendly place to work. Everyone is really helpful and aiming for the same goal. I enjoyed working with all of the team and the perks are pretty good also. The salary was pretty good overall when you consider bonuses as well and the private medical is good also.
Pros
Salary, benefits, work life balance
Cons
Communication lacks in some areas
A typical day at work would be busy but not necessarily stressful. I learned about pensions/ financial products. The workplace culture was friendly
Pros
Regular free food
Cons
Low pay
Portafina was my favourite place to work, i learned a lot about pensions my co workers have been amazing and we all work well together as a team. The most enjoyable part of the role is to speak with pension providers as it good to expand on my communication skills. The hardest part was to talk to clients as sometimes they can be frustated.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Talking to clients