Pop's Pizza Employee Reviews

Fun, easy and worthwhile first job
Cook/Driver (Current Employee) –  Cohoes, NY2 November 2017
A typical day at Pop's Pizza varies due to the customers, sometimes its slow, sometimes it's packed! I did deliveries and loved the experience, plus I love driving. I learned many things like how to make and prepare food, clean and sterilize work equipment. Workplace culture is very friendly and inviting, has a strong family based work environment.
Pros
Free rack slices, discounted foods for employees
Enjoyable
Counter Help, Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PA25 January 2016
Typical day at work: Start day, work day, end day
What I learned: customer service and food prep
Management: Understanding, helpful
Co-workers: Polite, hard-working
Hardest part of the job: Unruly customers
Most enjoyable part of the job: Being in a fun and happy work-environment
great work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Roselle, IL10 August 2015
I love the work place and it keep me moving when I needed. My boss was great. working with other people too fast was too hard and there was no comunications either
A good short term job
Pizza Shop Employee (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, OH14 May 2015
Pop's Pizza was a good part time job for a student who would eventually be moving on. With decent pay and a fairly laid-back work environment, it was the perfect job for a student about to enter college. Unfortunately, a few of my coworkers were disagreeable and the oven did leave a few burn scars (mostly due to my own carelessness). However, the managers were friendly and helpful and I made good friends with my agreeable coworkers. I also gained experience in customer service and money handling, as well as delivery. I would love to return for the summer between college terms, however, the shop has been closed.
Pros
Good place to gain experience, set up to allow for short term, flexible hours
Cons
Laid-back management was sometimes a problem, coworkers could be disagreeable
Loved the job, but didn't allow career advancement
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, IL1 March 2014
I feel that my time at Pop's Pizza was a fulfilling experience. I was trusted with tasks that I needed experience in and executed them diligently. I took charge of scheduling, inventory, and overall management. I appreciate the learning experience it provided me, and only left because I needed to find a career more aligned with my degree.
Pros
Great learning experience and amazing team environment.
Cons
Low level job unable to fulfill my career ambitions.
Easy job for low pay, good people, friendly environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cable, OH30 October 2013
Typically making pizza and talking with return customers. Low pay for easy job and flexible hours.
Waitstaff
Cook/Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CT6 March 2013
A typical day at work includes preparing the food for that day and some times the next day as well as large catering orders. In the time I have been there I have learned how to handle large quantities of people and food order. I have been trained to take large orders and train the new staff members. I find that the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and being able to put a smile on their faces.
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
healthcare
Family oriented; caring and fun environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cable, OH26 March 2012
Wonderful owners and great management. Laid back yet productive environment. The owners are fair and flexible.