Police Mutual Employee Reviews

Avoid this employer
Account handler (Former Employee) –  Liverpool19 October 2019
Overall poor everything management is outdated and lazy from the top down talk about amateur, and just because you have been in the business over 10 years doesnt mean your a good leader
Poor Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire16 October 2019
Some good people poorly led. The Executive continually make mistakes that the staff have to pay for. The Exec carry on earning their 6 figure salaries and the staff lose their jobs every time the Exec strategy fails.
Pros
Some good people, nice offices.
Cons
Poor executive management
Workplace culture
Member Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire18 September 2019
The company has many fundraising events and this brings all departments together. They have frequent open sessions to employers to ask questions and company updates.
Poor management and executive team
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lichfield19 March 2019
What should be a great place to work is completely let down by a poor management and executive team who are completely out of touch with the industry, best practices and most importantly the people that work for them.

As a result, there is a business with no strategy and a disenchanted workplace who lack direction and leadership.
Cons
Poor management team
Good ethics and values
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire7 February 2019
Police Mutual has very good ethics and values and a good work / life balance.
They are small enough to care and have some very good principles. At times it is difficult to get a quick decisive decision made as it feels like we are to involve everybody in those discussions - they are 'too nice' at times.
Pros
Principles of organisation
Cons
Lack of ability to make quick decisive decisions.
Good Employer but losing their way
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool30 July 2018
Worked for the company for many years and overall a good place to work.

Losing sight of what the company core values are seem to be more interested in reducing costs and increasing profit.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
middle management
Great people to work with
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 April 2018
Never a dull moment, I smile every day, work with lovely people, I manage a team of 14 and there are different, challenges presented daily but a rewarding job as feel I can make a difference.

Dealing with complaints, HR issues managing service levels to achieve targets, motivate my team to achieve their own individual targets for sales and service.

No real cons of my job
1980s sales culture
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Home Based27 February 2018
Very poor management culture dominated by ex-Abacus insurance staff. They tell senior Police Mutual management what they want to hear and then do what they want. Huge turnover of staff. Avoid!
Pros
Travel time included in hours, mileage allowance
Cons
Ever increasing targets, Unethical sales techniques, huge staff turnover
ok
Operations Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool8 February 2018
typical day at work is very busy, always something to do.
Ive learned many skills whilst working here
many friendly staff who get you through the bad days
Great place to work but need to work on leadership
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool25 March 2017
Great company with a fantastic purpose and talented employees. Just needs more focus on developing leaders management skills to ensure employees are fully engaged and feel supported.
Pros
Great colleagues and members
Cons
Equality needs work
Police Mutual Ltd Work Experience
IT expert (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG14 July 2015
I understudied the IT manager at the company helping him fix any faults/ problems with the software for the employees. I fixed the employees headsets, monitors, install RAM making sure everything ran smoothly for the employees at the workplace so they could deal with the customers more easily.

During the work experience I understood what it would be like in professional environment, how to keep good time keeping and I came to grasps with basic computer hardware.

I had very positive feedback from the management and co-workers complementing me that "my ability to learn and interpret new information quickly". They also stated that "I would be an excellent asset to any IT environment in the future."

The hardest part of the job was the understand the IT hardware as I am a lot more competent with digital and software information technology. However, by the end of the week I came to grasps with the technology and I feel more confident in that area.

The most enjoyable part of the job was understudying the IT manager, he helped me become more confident and more self reliant in the workplace.
Pros
Fantastic working environment to be in