Plymouth Community Homes Employee Reviews

Bullies unless you part of the gang
Repairs Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon5 August 2019
Management are lazy
Blame culture and bullies
Junior management scared of bully boy senior management
Most hateful experience
Other members of staff will single out people and make life a misery
You will be fine if you become a favourite
Very productive and welcoming.
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Crownhill, Devon27 November 2018
This placement was for work experience, but it felt more than that. when I worked here for the week I was shown many in-depth parts of work that I never knew about.
PCH - An excellent employer.
Assistant Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon13 November 2018
A wonderful team of hard workers who all strive to promote the business of their employer.

A typical day at work was working alongside of my colleagues to help meet the needs of the business and our customers. It was a demanding but very enjoyable role that on occasions meant covering unplanned events at short notice, that only added to the excitement of the job.

Management are approachable and do their upmost to support you in a wonderful work environment.

Workplace culture is Teamwork that helps provide the best outcome for their customers and a work balance that supports staff to enjoy their roles. It was like an enlarged family that I felt accepted into. The hardest part of the job was having to leave at the end of my contract.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting residents whilst helping them to peacefully enjoy their homes and keep them informed of events that might be of interest to them.

I learned that it is vitally important to be happy in your work, that ultimately reflects on the service that is provided to customers, associates and the business.
Pros
Good office facilites to include a Gym for employees.
Cons
For me, hot desking as I never had a permanent desk space.
Negative
Driver labourer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon23 May 2017
Horrible place to work.
Management treat you like school children whilst not having a clue about their own job.
No idea about costing, haemorrhage money.
Implement petty rules.
Depressing s**t hole
PCH manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Macadam road prince rock17 May 2017
Clueless management, constant redundancys, the place is going downhill fast. I'm relieved to be leaving but feel sorry for the rest stuck there. Everyone wants out now apart from the shockingly bad office staff and management because they earn decent money for messing everything up and passing the blame. Avoid it's not worth the stress.
Pros
Is none anymore
Cons
The whole place is a joke
Productive work place
Assistant Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon26 April 2017
Interesting role, varied good place to work. Supportive Management, opportunities for social life. Plenty of training opportunities and to apply for further roles
Pros
Free Gym
admin
Assistant Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth12 December 2016
working to help provide support throughout Plymouth Community Homes. Culture varies and not as pro active as it could be, working reactively.
ranger
Ranger/ caretaker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth18 September 2016
Loved the job excellent rangers working for them I got on with them all. Brilliant pay and excellent hours for working.i was gutted I didn't get a permanent job would definitely go back and work for pch
Pros
excellent times
Cons
was only temp
social housing work
Driver/ Labourer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth6 July 2016
servicing 6 window fitting teams.
site clearance.
not learned much due to being held back by management because to valuable to replace.
management were poor, no people skills or care for employees.
co workers were good and we all helped each other.
traffic, awkward tenants, management sometimes.
planning my own working routine was the most enjoyable part of the job so i had time to prepare for the next day.
Pros
day work
Cons
treated poorly
Good team atmosphere and Supportive reliable Association
Housing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth4 May 2016
Good team atmosphere and Supportive reliable Association
Plenty of opportunities for furthering or changing job role
Supportive atmosphere, fun, good support for tenants
Pros
Plenty of opportunities for furthering or changing job role
Cons
Competitive
A good place to work
Human Resources Adviser (Current Employee) –  Plymouth25 April 2016
Lovely team, fab working conditions, from the building to work areas, kitchens, dining areas, parking. All staff seemed friendly and helpful and plenty of opportunity for progression from within.
Good Customer Ethos
Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth26 January 2016
PCH strive to do the best they can in the housing arena and have a strong management and leadership team. However customer facing staff still need to act as one organisation and are currently fragmented. This is changing and attitudes challenged, but there is still a little way to go.
The overall organisation is forward thinking and all staff have a desire to do the best they can for customers. The organisations pay and conditions are excellent, however this prevents staff turnover and can make the organisation seem very slow to grow and change, without fresh thinking and new ideas, progress is stifled at times and advancement for staff is non-existent.
The workplace is modern and fresh and conditions are excellent for staff, being in a location where all our 15000 homes are easy to get to.
Overall I would rate the organisation as an employer of choice and if there was opportunity to move up the ladder I would be staying.
Pros
Knowledgeable staff and clear leadership, good terms and conditions
Cons
Heavy workload and no career advancement
Accountant with international experience
Group Financial Analyst - Projects (Former Employee) –  Plymouth21 November 2015
Accounting with analytical and strategic mindset.
Keen to find a progressive organisation with career advancement opportunities.
Fast paced
Neighborhood Ranger (Former Employee) –  Plymouth2 October 2015
Plymouth community homes are a good company to work for but you could either be on the grounds maintenance team where the work is very faced paced and tiring or you could be on the care taking side where days can go kind of slow. that is if you are employed as a ranger
Driver / Labourer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, ENG1 July 2015
A very professenal organised company,who provide a very good service to the community.
I worked as driver/labouer delivering new double glazing and removing old units and recycled them.
I also worked at Plumer house driving, delivering internal and external mail,with repairs and maintenance in between.
Pros
Avery pleasant place to work/
Cons
Fair pay for a fair days work.
A top employer in Plymouth
Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, ENG15 June 2015
PCH is a vibrant place to work with a number of different departments some which seperate it from other Social Landlords.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth11 June 2015
Excellent place to work, the organisation is still fairly new in terms of being a Housing Association and they have been through some big changes in recent months so it's an exciting time to work for them. It's a real shame I no longer live in Plymouth as it is definitely my employer of choice for that area.
Busy and varied workloads, always something to be getting on with. Great teams of people all working together for the better of the community.
Work colleagues great, manager useless
Housing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crownhill, Plymouth28 May 2015
The colleagues I work with are lovely and friendly and helped me settle in really quickly. The workload is manageable, not target driven or stress inducing.
We are encouraged to take our lunch break away from our desks and large seating areas are provided with full kitchen facilities and TV's on every floor.
The only downside I can point out is the manager I work under, he couldn't manage a paper bag. I think his management style is 'divide and conquer'. He's rude, unprofessional and talks to some of the staff like we are 5 year old's. It's very noticeable in how he treats male staff more favourably than the female staff and favours some 'customers' over others.
Pros
Great work colleagues, salary, flexible working hours
Cons
Manager
Good work colleagues but not as great management.
PVCu Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, ENG14 January 2015
Most days were exactly the same, but an interesting job on the other hand. All of the workers on the shop floor were good as gold, never had a problem with any of them. I cannot say the same for the managers sadly. They were very lazy in certain areas, they were nice people but just not great managers in the real world. They would forget things daily unless you kept onto them and they were all friends outside of work which meant that none of them would be disciplined in work which meant there was virtually no chance of advancement in the job unless someone was to leave. The hardest part of the job is only when there is a high target set to make windows/doors but it's a good challenge to beat your personal best! The most enjoyable part of the job is being with the other workers as you can really enjoy it and have a laugh while working reasonably hard.
Pros
Fridge, freezer, kettle, instant hot water, free tea/coffee, 2 microwaves, oven, personal lockers, early finish on Fridays.
Cons
Poor management.
An Excellent employer and very welcoming staff.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Head Office in Plymouth21 February 2013
A very friendly company to work for even as a temp worker you were treated as a full time member of staff, always eager to answer any query or help you deal with enquires you are unsure of.
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
head office moving to crownhill.