Plymouth Community Homes
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Plymouth Community Homes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom29 reviews
Very supportive company, friendly and enjoyable work. Challenging daily production of reports and management information. Very supportive management structure. Convenient location.
Pros
Good package
Cons
Parking
It's good, flexible working hours and family friendly - good pay. Training is a bit slack when it comes to your job role in my opinion. Good with holiday
Not bad wages staff brilliant not quick at problem solving job is very demanding not easy min till Friday long way to travel that’s why I left closer to home
Badly organised workplace with poor management, little opportunity for progression and an unwelcoming atmosphere. Would not recommend to any job seeker.
However is very cliquey. If you are friends with your manager you are more likely to get the job. They dont keep many temp workers on. Good pay though and lovely office spaces
I'd rather not say as nobody likes to explain a bad experience. I can't say it would be the same for everyone, but for me personally it was a clash of personalities and professinal ethics.
Pros
Well paid + excellent pension scheme.
Cons
Poor Direstorst
I had a very bad manager while I worked there. He
He was a bully. He’s still there, as I’ve kept in touch

With some people I worked with. If it wasn’t for him, I’d have stayed!
Pros
Good working hours.
Cons
Half an hour lunch break. 10 minutes tea breaks. Being micromanaged.
Management are lazy
Blame culture and bullies

Junior management scared of bully boy senior management

Most hateful experience

Other members of staff will single out people and make life a misery

You will be fine if you become a favourite
This placement was for work experience, but it felt more than that. when I worked here for the week I was shown many in-depth parts of work that I never knew about.
A wonderful team of hard workers who all strive to promote the business of their employer.

A typical day at work was working alongside of my colleagues to help meet the needs of the business and our customers. It was a demanding but very enjoyable role that on occasions meant covering unplanned events at short notice, that only added to the excitement of the job.

Management are approachable and do their upmost to support you in a wonderful work environment.

Workplace culture is Teamwork that helps provide the best outcome for their customers and a work balance that supports staff to enjoy their roles. It was like an enlarged family that I felt accepted into. The hardest part of the job was having to leave at the end of my contract.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting residents whilst helping them to peacefully enjoy their homes and keep them informed of events that might be of interest to them.

I learned that it is vitally important to be happy in your work, that ultimately reflects on the service that is provided to customers, associates and the business.
Pros
Good office facilites to include a Gym for employees.
Cons
For me, hot desking as I never had a permanent desk space.
In the main a good bunch of people but some over ambition may prove costly. Beware, as in any organisation, of individuals that think they're better than they are but are good at covering it up
Pros
Variety
Cons
Some individuals
Horrible place to work.
Management treat you like school children whilst not having a clue about their own job.

No idea about costing, haemorrhage money.

Implement petty rules.
Clueless management, constant redundancys, the place is going downhill fast. I'm relieved to be leaving but feel sorry for the rest stuck there. Everyone wants out now apart from the shockingly bad office staff and management because they earn decent money for messing everything up and passing the blame. Avoid it's not worth the stress.
Pros
Is none anymore
Cons
The whole place is a joke
Interesting role, varied good place to work. Supportive Management, opportunities for social life. Plenty of training opportunities and to apply for further roles
Pros
Free Gym
working to help provide support throughout Plymouth Community Homes. Culture varies and not as pro active as it could be, working reactively.
Loved the job excellent rangers working for them I got on with them all. Brilliant pay and excellent hours for working.i was gutted I didn't get a permanent job would definitely go back and work for pch
Pros
excellent times
Cons
was only temp
servicing 6 window fitting teams.
site clearance.

not learned much due to being held back by management because to valuable to replace.

management were poor, no people skills or care for employees.

co workers were good and we all helped each other.

traffic, awkward tenants, management sometimes.

planning my own working routine was the most enjoyable part of the job so i had time to prepare for the next day.
Pros
day work
Cons
treated poorly
Good team atmosphere and Supportive reliable Association
Plenty of opportunities for furthering or changing job role

Supportive atmosphere, fun, good support for tenants
Pros
Plenty of opportunities for furthering or changing job role
Cons
Competitive
Lovely team, fab working conditions, from the building to work areas, kitchens, dining areas, parking. All staff seemed friendly and helpful and plenty of opportunity for progression from within.
PCH strive to do the best they can in the housing arena and have a strong management and leadership team. However customer facing staff still need to act as one organisation and are currently fragmented. This is changing and attitudes challenged, but there is still a little way to go.
The overall organisation is forward thinking and all staff have a desire to do the best they can for customers. The organisations pay and conditions are excellent, however this prevents staff turnover and can make the organisation seem very slow to grow and change, without fresh thinking and new ideas, progress is stifled at times and advancement for staff is non-existent.

The workplace is modern and fresh and conditions are excellent for staff, being in a location where all our 15000 homes are easy to get to.

Overall I would rate the organisation as an employer of choice and if there was opportunity to move up the ladder I would be staying.
Pros
Knowledgeable staff and clear leadership, good terms and conditions
Cons
Heavy workload and no career advancement
Accounting with analytical and strategic mindset.
Keen to find a progressive organisation with career advancement opportunities.