Planet Hollywood

Planet Hollywood Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews
enjoyable work however never paid on time or the right amount. Felt welcomed into the work place right away and was shown the correct way of doing things on the first day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
didn’t pay correctly
Official response from Planet Hollywood
8 August 2019
We are glad you found the restaurant an enjoyable place to work and felt welcomed straight away.
Our apologies if there was a mistake in your pay.

We always pay on time but on the rare occasion that individual mistakes are made we ensure these are rectified as soon as possible
good place to work and a very nice and friendly enviroment. honestly the best place to work in London.
There is no Justice to say for this place.

Only good things to say
It was my first job in London and I was so happy there. Great team , amazing food, discount, good management. Young , dynamic team happy to help with your progress
Pros
Good food
Cons
I do not recommend working in this place as the money were bad, breaks too short, when it’s not busy you need to go home after only few hours of work and it concludes to bad money when you get paid
super busy in the middle of Haymarket

it stays open late which was a bit of a negative as I always missed the last tube

service charge applied so cash tips are minimal
this is the kind of the place i wanted to work and where learned my passion. I really enjoyed cooking. after my graduation i had to move according to my parents advice. I lost the opportunity go back forever.
Enjoyed it, very hard work but I enjoy hardwork, the hours could have been better and the money too, Enjoyed the laughs with the front of house staff, they will always be remembered...
Pros
Free nothing
Cons
Long hours and back to back shifts
A good place for the beginning. A typical family restaurant where you can enjoy the work but sometimes hard to deal with management.
a typical day in my current job is a busy day. I use to work at the kitchen and i lerned how to cook many different dishes, from pasta to steak. Every day we serve thousand customers and i do not get stressed. I learned how to work in a busy environment and how to work with my collegues giving the best. The most enjoyable part of my job are my collegues, they all are amizing people and especially perfect workers.
Pros
people
Cons
salary
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Planet Hollywood?
Playing music videos, comedy & film clips.
chatting to customers. Birthday messages on the TV Screens, updating the DJ rota, Keeping equipment & music up to date

Learned everything about Visual equipment.

Great management team.

Great co-workers, got on well with everyone.

Nothing hard about the job

Enjoyed everything about this job & meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Free lunch. Free run of what my job involed
Cons
no cons
Planet Hollywood is a fantastic place to work, it's very fast paced and the place is buzzing from open to close. The day starts to get busy 30mins after opening, you'd have a section to control and serve. The good thing is you have a lot to do throughout the day, your always busy and the time flies. You are planning routes and multi-tasking from start to finish. You get a good free lunch. Management is a little silly, some managers are good others have silly egos. Hardest part is the stress, trying not to make mistakes and timing your actions to control your sections, you pay for your mistakes (you get 40% off the mistake). The best part is the pay, the pay is very high (£1600 - £2000 a month, not including cash tips) you keep your cash tips everyday you work (most of the time £20 minimum per day) waiters you work with are brilliant, you see each other get stressed and angry, always rushed off their feet. Then theres the huge laughs, you get to eat lunch together if your on a double. You have to be strong to get through the day's cheesy pop music, disney sing-a-long songs blasting from start to finish and movie trailers (Which are good, your always up to date with the movies).
Pros
Good Teamwork, Good Lunch, Very Good Pay
Cons
Management, Stress, Hours.
 Excellent communication and guest/employee relations skills.
 Excellent proactive attitude to work.

 Great ability to promote excellent quality, customer service, cleanliness and safety.

 Remarkable ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends, holidays and evenings
I had a great amount of responsibility in terms of customer care and demand where I learnt how to maintain high standards under immense pressure.
Pros
Free, high quality lunch
Cons
Long/Late Hours
A typical day at work starts at 10 a.m. and ends between 10 p.m. to 12 p.m.
Everyday you learn something new and, if a chef career is what you want, you should work there to gain speed and accuracy in delivering food well presented and cooked with a standard.

Management is very open minded. One can rely on open dialogue.

All the teams (cooks, chefs, waiters, kitchen porters, etc) are very friendly and always ready to give a helping hand.

The hardest part of the job is to commit yourself with speed and excellency, two words that usually are in opposite corners but possible to achieve in a supporting working place.

The best part of the job is the friendships you make along.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
long hours at a really fast pace.