pladis
pladis Employee Review

very isolated, long hours and poor organisation.

12 June 2017
Job Title Regional Business Executive
October- December 2016

Absolutely loved the concept of the job. Being in control of an Area and planning my routes etc.visiting the top 4 supermarkets. Negotiating Extra sales and additional displays by establishing warehouse stock, and identifying locations to set up displays with in the individual stores. Also checking and tracking existing displays and recording the compliancy.

At the interview was offered areas on the M62 Corridor and some postcodes in Scotland (to be visited once a month for two to three days)

Into the second month of the job I was covering Luton, Milton Keynes, South West London, Central London and Heathrow Airport and surrounding Areas, all at short notice.

I was not happy with the situation as there was no work life balance.
Pros
lovely cars
Cons
Long Hours, Late warnings of overnight stays etc.
28 November 2018
Same role
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) - London, Greater London
office has a pleasant environment, there was a good rapport between teams across different functions, plaids has great market leading brands, good opportunities for career advancement.
15 August 2018
Same role
Stock Controller to Sales Executive (Former Employee) - Birtley
My first job. Worked in the warehouse and offices and then transgressed to the sales department and had a great time. My Depot Manager had other plans for me to go to Colchester as Stock Controller at a newly built depot but I had other plans.

Loved the job and the customer base. My sales career began with KP followed by the the rest of the UB Biscuit brands. It was here I had my very first formal sales training.

Rationalisation of the sales departments many redundancy for many of us. On retrospect I feel my job would have been safe if it had been measured by today's methods of scoring.
Pros
Salary, Car, People
Cons
N/a
17 July 2020
team member 2 (Former Employee) - Manchester, Greater Manchester
this is easily the worst job I've ever had even despite it being the best paid, ended up on anti depressants working at this place, the shifts are inhumane, some people are OK others are so miserable they will go 12 hours working with you without saying a word, did nearly 2 years and never been so depressed, worst 2 years of my life, end up being an alcoholic with the shifts
Pros
the money and that is literraly it
Cons
everything, the hours, the managers that shout at their staff