pladis Employee Reviews for Sales Manager

3.5Pay & Benefits
I have a wealth of successful Sales & Management experience.
FMCG Sales Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands down to South Wales23 May 2016
I'm used to working a full day's as needed to establish the business in hand, up to 10-12 hours a day and being on the road and working off my own initiative and plan.

My common duties were servicing existing calls, improving sales volumes, developing product ranges, monitoring sales volumes and promotions, establishing planagrams and merchandising.

Brunei Halal have exposed me to actual food production processes and the National Account Manager role, which included calculating the 'Commercials' (Volumes & potential overall Margins/profit ) How to plan promotions and negotiate a 12 monthly programme.

As with all Sales jobs, the role is about selling products, concepts and visions to all parties, both the clients and your own team. Social skills are a big belief of mine, for selling to the clients and in winning the support of your own team.

The hardest part of the job is finding the time to find new calls, on top of your existing portfolio while maintaining successful customer service levels.

Enjoying achieving targets and the satisfaction that all parties are pleased with the job being done properly.
Pros
New niche market, learning about a whole new culture.
Cons
Travelling through Birmingham City in the morning & evening rush hours.