pladis

pladis Employee Reviews

United Kingdom59 reviews
Long hours, poor job security. Won’t be long before the plant closes. Get stood down with little notice and have to use holidays to cover. Management poor
Pros
Cons
Long shifts
this is easily the worst job I've ever had even despite it being the best paid, ended up on anti depressants working at this place, the shifts are inhumane, some people are OK others are so miserable they will go 12 hours working with you without saying a word, did nearly 2 years and never been so depressed, worst 2 years of my life, end up being an alcoholic with the shifts
Pros
the money and that is literraly it
Cons
everything, the hours, the managers that shout at their staff
I like working in the factory because they are a good team and i feel very safe around them and the place. The staff are very. Very good overall i am happy to work there.
Pladis McVities, Harelesden factory is the place not to be. Overworked, underappreciated, underpaid considering the amount your labour produces for the company, staff benefits continuously cut year on year as the recognised unions USDAW are corrupt and in bed with the company, unsafe working conditions and practices, disorganised training, senior staff and management continuously try to screw you over,,no career progression unless you kiss management a... Worst, HR and managers I've ever seen.
Worked a good few years here. The rate of pay is acceptable, however be prepared to live in a zombie like state whilst you are employed here. Working hours consist of 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts, which sounds great but believe me is not. The first 2 days are 7am to 7pm, the next 2 days are nights, 7pm to 7am. I constantly witnessed colleagues falling asleep at their stations during the night shift and then having to drive home. I can honestly say even the employees that have worked here for 20+ years are struggling to adapt to the shifts, Finishing your final shift at 7am, is classed as your first day off, you will miss that day as you need to sleep! Following this it will take you 2-3 days to stop bumping into things and walking like a zombie then the whole process starts again.
The jobs vary, the majority being monotonous, stacking boxes of biscuits on a pallet for 12 hours or cramming packets of biscuits into coxes for 12 hours (some lines are automated) these jobs can also be back breaking.

Health and Safety is satisfactory, it could be excellent if the powers that be followed up areas that have been identified as potentially dangerous.

Management is hit and miss, there are some great managers, some that lack any management skills and of course the “jobs worth managers, who are unable to make decisions for themselves”

Investment from Pladis has given the factory state of the art machinery on a few lines, however constant breakdowns and issues with processing can make your 12 hour shift feel like 20.

There is a strong union presence but be careful here, some like
 - more...
Pros
Pay
Cons
No life
. You get a lot of paid time of if not many orders
.The staff are ok some are nice then some are not

. Management is pretty much rubbish apart from one coordinator and one manager

.treat you like rubbish most of the time

.easy job
Very poor management. No progression. Have to be in with the managers to progress. You have to kiss to get anywhere. Managers have minimum training so they do not know how to deal with people. A bullying type of atmosphere. Many people losing jobs who have been there 10+ years. No respect for people. 12hr shifts that are really hard due to the atmosphere.
different challenges every day, difficult shifts for a family life, unskilled management, opportunities to develop and progress, safety is key and targets are important.
if working as agency worker you will not get treated the same as the other staff as they work full time an you will have to give up your work an you will get sent home on my first day i got sent home saying theirs no work while i was working
Good place to work,nice people and a good atmosphere (generally anyway). Difficult to advance though if you want to get on, not that many opportunities. Overall though a nice place to work.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Long hours, weekend work a lot.
Ne fait pas partie de mon experience professionnelle
Very bad experience trying to get a Operative job, i did 3 tests and then the 4th one was a group test . I been told that i need to be more communicative in the group exercise but it was impossible when we were 6 and everytime i was trying to say something obviously someone was interfering saying the same thing in different forms (very annoying) . At the moment i am working as manager and i failed a group exercise based on the reason that i can't communicate in a group exercise . Now you get the conclusions .
Cons
Unprofessional hr employers
The business is going through a period of Organisation Change making job security uncertain. Employee engagement is declining. Good focus is being made on Employee Wellbeing including increased Physio support and Mental Health Awareness Ambassadors.
Pros
Brand quality
Cons
Pay and Benefits
Management are only interested in there bonuses not the people who do the work money's good though and a lot of the people that work there are great just the management are Pr@#$ks
Pros
People
Cons
No management direction, systems are uprooted for new ones on a regular basis. There has been massive investment on a new line, but orders are struggling to come in with large periods of forced downtime. Management seem more concerned by day to day discrepancies of staff than solving the obvious failings of the lead management team.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Toxic atmosphere
I'm in charge of mixing & Rotary ,oven in biscuit plant .I'm working in country & out of country .My experience in biscuit plant 12 years & out of country 4 year & above .

i have knowledge of how to good quality biscuit making .& hygienic maintain properly .I have knowledge of 5 's .
Cons
office has a pleasant environment, there was a good rapport between teams across different functions, plaids has great market leading brands, good opportunities for career advancement.
Poor place to work long hours old machines no investment have to do extra shifts (flex ups) no social life so if you want some sort of life don’t join this place!
My first job. Worked in the warehouse and offices and then transgressed to the sales department and had a great time. My Depot Manager had other plans for me to go to Colchester as Stock Controller at a newly built depot but I had other plans.

Loved the job and the customer base. My sales career began with KP followed by the the rest of the UB Biscuit brands. It was here I had my very first formal sales training.

Rationalisation of the sales departments many redundancy for many of us. On retrospect I feel my job would have been safe if it had been measured by today's methods of scoring.
Pros
Salary, Car, People
Cons
N/a
I loved every second of working at pladis but, that does not make it an easy environment. It's a hard environment filled with barriers and blockers to get the most out of the job. However, with a lot of hard work you and your team can really make an impact across the world.
Old machines not investment in improvements. Staff are very negative as a result of poor management and working conditions.
There are no positives to this.
Pros
Cons
Poor working conditions