pladis Employee Reviews

not a good workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 October 2019
if working as agency worker you will not get treated the same as the other staff as they work full time an you will have to give up your work an you will get sent home on my first day i got sent home saying theirs no work while i was working
Pas de posisbilite d'evaluer
Analyste financier UB International (Former Employee) –  Greater London1 June 2019
Ne fait pas partie de mon experience professionnelle
Poor employment process
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Harlesden, Greater London3 April 2019
Very bad experience trying to get a Operative job, i did 3 tests and then the 4th one was a group test . I been told that i need to be more communicative in the group exercise but it was impossible when we were 6 and everytime i was trying to say something obviously someone was interfering saying the same thing in different forms (very annoying) . At the moment i am working as manager and i failed a group exercise based on the reason that i can't communicate in a group exercise . Now you get the conclusions .
Cons
Unprofessional hr employers
Organisational change
HR BUSINESS PARTNER (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 March 2019
The business is going through a period of Organisation Change making job security uncertain. Employee engagement is declining. Good focus is being made on Employee Wellbeing including increased Physio support and Mental Health Awareness Ambassadors.
Pros
Brand quality
Cons
Pay and Benefits
No life
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockport20 March 2019
Management are only interested in there bonuses not the people who do the work money's good though and a lot of the people that work there are great just the management are Pr@#$ks
Pros
People
Cons
Professional company run by amateurs.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire8 March 2019
No management direction, systems are uprooted for new ones on a regular basis. There has been massive investment on a new line, but orders are struggling to come in with large periods of forced downtime. Management seem more concerned by day to day discrepancies of staff than solving the obvious failings of the lead management team.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Toxic atmosphere
I'M good making of & good quality biscuit
Mixing & Rotary Oven area in-charge (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 December 2018
I'm in charge of mixing & Rotary ,oven in biscuit plant .I'm working in country & out of country .My experience in biscuit plant 12 years & out of country 4 year & above .

i have knowledge of how to good quality biscuit making .& hygienic maintain properly .I have knowledge of 5 's .
pladis
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 November 2018
office has a pleasant environment, there was a good rapport between teams across different functions, plaids has great market leading brands, good opportunities for career advancement.
Poor
Packer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow8 October 2018
Poor place to work long hours old machines no investment have to do extra shifts (flex ups) no social life so if you want some sort of life don’t join this place!
Man and Boy
Stock Controller to Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Birtley15 August 2018
My first job. Worked in the warehouse and offices and then transgressed to the sales department and had a great time. My Depot Manager had other plans for me to go to Colchester as Stock Controller at a newly built depot but I had other plans.

Loved the job and the customer base. My sales career began with KP followed by the the rest of the UB Biscuit brands. It was here I had my very first formal sales training.

Rationalisation of the sales departments many redundancy for many of us. On retrospect I feel my job would have been safe if it had been measured by today's methods of scoring.
Pros
Salary, Car, People
Cons
N/a
A Great place to work if you are willing to push
Internal Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  Manchester24 July 2018
I loved every second of working at pladis but, that does not make it an easy environment. It's a hard environment filled with barriers and blockers to get the most out of the job. However, with a lot of hard work you and your team can really make an impact across the world.
Negitive attitude to work
Team Member- Operator (Former Employee) –  Tollcross4 April 2018
Old machines not investment in improvements. Staff are very negative as a result of poor management and working conditions.
There are no positives to this.
Pros
Cons
Poor working conditions
Poor management and shocking bullying culture
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester12 March 2018
Working for this company is monotonous and soul destroying. The management are clueless from shop floor to general manager. No orders yet its 7 day working. If you feel you have an issue and report it you will be singled out and persecuted like its a school playground.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Great Company
Sales Development Manager United Biscuits (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim7 March 2018
My day started from home @8.30 for my first call @9am. I had a list of existing customers which I called on weekly for orders. I would have taken a count of there stock and replenished what ever stock was in the store. Then I would have had a meeting with the store manager to order stock for the remainder of the week
Pros
Friendly company
Cons
No job security
fun
Packer and Operator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 February 2018
great place to work and i thoroughly enjoyed my time there as it ensured i got good experience. This is a great place and all the people are lovely and nice.
Salary and benefits
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  HARLSEDEN21 December 2017
Excellent salary offered
Joined in april 2016
Changes to leaves and benefits
Work environment and job satisfaction needs improvement
Hardest part of the job: no job satisfaction
More interaction and communication from the management
Good company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London5 December 2017
Great company to work for.
Always developing individuals. Great atmosphere in general and a good way to develop.
Learned a lot within my role and was given the opportunity for training in order to enhance my development and career.
Not good on shop floor
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London21 November 2017
Churn rate speaks volumes for any company. When you see the same jobs being advertised time and time again you have to wonder what is going on behind the factory doors. And why people are leaving.

Well, I know why. Because it's an unorganised mess and quite often people are running around like headless chickens. Because of poor management where the MO is "if we send enough biscuits to the packing hall we will pack enough to reach the supermarkets even if the machines don't work very well" Well yes, and you will create mountains of waste and unhappy staff.

Of course due to the conditions, and like many manufacturing sites in the UK, most of the staff are now eastern european, since they are the only ones who seem to revel in chaos. All about the bottom line for them I suppose. And the money was pretty good when I was there. Rather than fix the issues, they throw more money at employees. They'll still all leave eventually though.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long hours, you may question your sanity.
salary better than some
TM1 Machine Operator/Packer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow4 August 2017
crazy shift pattern where you work every 2nd weekend fri/sat/sun if you are not flexed up if you are flexed up (not often) you can end up working 3 fridays in a row,job very draining/ training near enough non existent job is packing product into boxes at high speed the machines very ancient and constant jamming up of lines very frustrating,nobody seems to want to improve anything at all shocking amounts of waste you would need to see to believe,some line leaders attitude to staff is very poor to say the least morale is extremely poor at glasgow site nothing changes for the better 12 hr shifts are long and tiresome,pay is reasonable compared to some companies depends on your role in factory recently told waste not sustainable but without a lot of investment this is not going to improve any time soon.
Pros
co workers depends on your plant
Cons
flex up agreement/long shifts/morale poor
very isolated, long hours and poor organisation.
Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  M62 Corridor, Scotland and The South.12 June 2017
Job Title Regional Business Executive
October- December 2016

Absolutely loved the concept of the job. Being in control of an Area and planning my routes etc.visiting the top 4 supermarkets. Negotiating Extra sales and additional displays by establishing warehouse stock, and identifying locations to set up displays with in the individual stores. Also checking and tracking existing displays and recording the compliancy.

At the interview was offered areas on the M62 Corridor and some postcodes in Scotland (to be visited once a month for two to three days)
Into the second month of the job I was covering Luton, Milton Keynes, South West London, Central London and Heathrow Airport and surrounding Areas, all at short notice.
I was not happy with the situation as there was no work life balance.
Pros
lovely cars
Cons
Long Hours, Late warnings of overnight stays etc.