Pizza Hut Pay & Benefits reviews

Poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire20 October 2018
New to the job and barely trained, no one told you anything. Paid minimum wage but wasn’t worth the hassle. The other employees didn’t care, on their phones most of the time. Couldn’t handle it at all when they don’t offer help. No one seemed to know anything.
Pros
Free water
harsh, hate
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands17 October 2018
treat staf with no respect, hardly gave people any hours and we was all on minimum wage and got payed every two weeks so was not a good place to work at.
Pros
Cons
no hours
Basic job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Liverpool17 October 2018
Did really like to work to to be fair because the manager use to be mean to me and didn't appreciate my work. Anyway the job was pretty easy and the time of shifts were good.
Fun Work Place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton1 October 2018
Always doing something whether its cleaning or delivering. Management was great and overall a great place to work. Needed plenty of drivers so always looking for one. I applied because poster outside said delivery drivers get paid £10 and was paid just over half when i realised.Under 21 year old drivers get paid £5.80 an hour even though they do the same job as other drivers if not better.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Young kids get paid way less
deliver piza
part-time driver (Former Employee) –  mayland avenue30 September 2018
work at piza very stress always time .to get the order on time
i learn from there only knowimg lots of diferent place
the people work is good lots of diferrent poeple
againt work allways about custumer fest
Pros
lunc
Cons
long hour
Great Place
Back of House Chef (Former Employee) –  Livingston30 September 2018
This is a great place to work for...the staff are great and the management are capable to deal with what they can - not brilliant, but can be fair, compared to some places, Work Life balance are what they are to be expected for working within the service industry.
Pros
Salary/Benefits, Job Security/Advancement, Management, Job Culture
confusing
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 September 2018
not the best place to work as the hours are not long enough also the pay isnt so good. the goof thing is that you get 50% off food which is a reason i stayed bevause i love pizza
Decent pizza business
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London27 September 2018
As an employee i got on well with fellow co workers and manager, i was contempt with salary and was always needed for work. However the vehicles used for the delivery service we're unsafe and possed health threats.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Difficult working conditions
dont waste your time
Driver delivery (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire27 September 2018
store management was a cross between theresa may and christopher biggins. good stopgap job but nothing great. loads of time to use up avoiding the teenage useless staff
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
staff discount on not very good pizza
Good and benefitial work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Birmingham20 September 2018
A typical day at work consisted of, me taking peoples orders, taking payments and bringing their food and drinks over. I learned how to speak to customers respectfully and how to give good customer service. The management was helpful because they helped me develop the skills I needed. The workplace environment was good because ethnicity was equal and didn't discriminate against disabled people or any mental health issues, such as: depression etc. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers and finishing and late times i.e., at eleven o'clock. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people that I work with. Overall the job is good as it acquires you with new experiences every day and new skills.
Pros
50% of takeaway food
Cons
salary
Fun place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds20 September 2018
If you like to Drive and to help the staff inside, you can be the best friend with everybody, can be the best job ever but and the he'll one. It is your choice!
Pros
Free launch
Cons
Good hours
Cheap
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Northampton19 September 2018
paying only minimum wage, no extra pay for overtime, but they expect plenty of it done.
they want you working around the clock at top speed, but do not respond to demands (as showing me the contact).
Wouldn't recommend!
didnt enjoy
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire16 September 2018
Dont enjoy this job, bad pay bad hours, never have a social life as required to work all weekend every weekend and management lack in managing there staff
Support manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands12 September 2018
Hours may increase or decrease each week. Flexibility can vary depending on the business.
However, a friendly workplace and an environment to be able to grow your knowledge and skills.
Pros
Helpful environment
Cons
No fixed hours, it may increase or decrease
fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rainham6 September 2018
fun place to work due to the people i worked with
very under pressure due to the amount of orders specially over weekends
free food was brilliant
management could have been alot stronger workers ran the management when it should be the other way round
Pros
free food
Cons
unsociable hours
Free food , miserable management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 September 2018
Managers act like your questions are really bothering them. They hang up the phone before you even get to explain yet they will be more polite when I put the customer on the phone . They would not give me a payroll number so I couldn't use my staff discount in other stores. Constantly changing the rules regarding working hours. Keep you working past your agreed hours. Not enough overtime when YOU want it. When it rains you are in trouble if riding a scooter. Management not very friendly. Other staff are a joy to work with. Low wages mean long hours to make it add up. Free pizza is nice but no pizza is worth 20 pounds. Get real!
Pros
Free pizza, overtime when it suits them.
Cons
Long hours, miserable managers
Long and Unsociable hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gosforth, Tyne and Wear1 September 2018
Shifts long, and very unsociable, staff ok to get along with and management not really in the shop, left the inshore management to run, which was great.
Pros
Free pizza on shift
Deliver driver
Delivery Driver (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire28 August 2018
I worked for pizza hut for around 3 months for an extra income to top up my full time wage. I was told in the interview I would get around 16hrs per week and i must be available fri/sat nights. I never saw 16hrs I was getting around 8-12hrs and when they wasnt busy I would get sent home unpaid even if you only had a 3hr hour shift really wasnt worth giving my weekends up for.
Its minimum wage plus 80p per delivery, you have to pay for your own fuel which doesnt really cover it as they cover a 5 miles radius.
Many of times another driving forgot to take pop/ice cream ( which the drivers had to sort themselves) so I was asked to do it and this didnt get paid for these deliveries.
The manager was far too quiet didnt give out orders and didnt show or tell me much about the job. I had to figure everything out myself or asked someone else
Pros
Cons
poor pay
Delivery Driverg
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Folkestone27 August 2018
I worked for Pizza Hut as a delivery driver from March 2005 to July 2005. During this time I was responsible for ensuring customers orders were met accurately and delivered on time.
This is job is as second job. There wasn't good rate paid on time as I been worked for them.
As a part time job its OK
Pros
tips
Cons
sometimes long hours
worth the job experince
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cheam, Greater London22 August 2018
It's a good job while your studying and paying off the bills. was a biker driver delivering pizzas to customers, taking orders over the phone and preparing food for the next day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

56.1K