Pizza Hut Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Found 76 reviews matching the search See all 23,235 reviews
family but political
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Mill Hill27 November 2018
decent place to work, the people are nice but the company isn't amazing. the minimum wage is ridiculous and like slave labour. it was a great experience and learning of skills etc.
Pros
free food, flexible, good team
Cons
the pay is not good, minimum wage, hard labour
manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire5 January 2019
Great staff and great work eithic with great staff who are always happy to help and out and become friends for life great organisation to work for who helped me at the start of my career
Best team to work with, rubbish wage and horrible customers
Bench Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds16 January 2019
You will have a blast with your colleagues. However, you work your bum of for a little wage, and some of the employees have a CBA attitude and you get paid for the same, but you do more work. The customers are.. well lets just say you have to hold back what you truly want to say to them.
Pros
Best people you will ever work with
Cons
No social life.
fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowestoft16 November 2018
good hours when its busy but can lose some when quiet but thats this line of work
team are really good and management are good and help you loads when needed
good place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  RO1 August 2018
I had to deal with our restaurant customer to take orders at our take away count/serve/sometimes prepare/cook them.
Had to organise all staff to work in a safe place, had to do the health and safety induction for every new staff and every month a heatlh and safety meeting, and weekly we had our team breaf.
I had to solve any problems that will appear in a regular day with customers,I had to organise shift so we are fully covered during the week, every night had to count money and do some reports from our system with all the money we had in that day. I was always part of the team , fully involved in all departments we had.
Good
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire21 January 2019
Pizza hut is a good place to work. I have been working here for nearly 2 years and ive enjoyed most of my time here. My dream is to be a gym instructor so thats why ive decided to go for this job
Pros
free food
Cons
late nights
No training
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  England22 July 2018
Left the company after 7 months of being a shift manager but receiving no training at all. Most of it was given to me by 17 and 18 year olds. Average pay for long shifts
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management dont care
Not the best place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire14 February 2018
Too many hours, bad management and very difficult to communicate with the office managers. Training was awful and they don't care about you strangling in shifts to have good customer service.
Support and understanding of running a shift by your self to prepare everything and have also all the paperwork done is not an option for them.
Pros
Free lunches, Diversity
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Fun workplace with growing opportunities
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire24 May 2017
Work ethic is an acquired skill here. Hard work is noticed, praised and at special occasions rewarded. There is a great teamwork spirit and this is very helpful and sometimes electrifying when hammering a task on a busy shift!
Pros
Very flexible, bonuses for managers, training and growing opportunities
Cons
Minimum wage, not much higher for managers
Unhappy enviroment with long hours
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  enfield29 December 2017
I was shift manager. I found the job to be very exhausting. not because of the responsibilities, but due to the lack of skill and consideration from the management team. maybe this was just Enfield, But I would never recommend Pizza hut management to a friend or family member.
Cons
long hours, lack of care.
Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff6 July 2017
It is a good place to start as you are required to do different tasks and there is never quiet or boring. A typical day is never typical. Work load makes you never stop through out the day.
I have learnt working as a team as well as some leadership skills. I have started working for Pizza Hut as a driver and ended up as a Shift Manager, being responsible for employing/letting people go as well as learning typical manager stuff.
Management in Pizza Hut is good and bad, probably like everywhere else.
The hardest part of the job, in my opinion, is pressure. You have to do so many things on top of your every day duties. It is never stopping routine however, you do not have time to even realise that.
I think the most enjoyable part of such job is team and people around you.
Pros
Good team
Unsuportive management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol19 January 2018
It is fine working there however I felt lack of support from management. Didn't feel any career improvement. Staff at that time required lots of retraining.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lack of support from management
good workplace
shift manager (Former Employee) –  compton21 May 2013
Nice people to work with but being a franchise you don't really get the benefits as you would working for an actual pizza hut id recommend looking the company up if you dont want to fall in to a franchise that offers more training but never gives it
Pros
50% on food
Cons
late nights
the worse salary ever as a manager
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG13 July 2014
As manager working very hard and taking all the responsibility the salary is nothing. pizza hut should look after them staff and salaries to have the best staff.
Food
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire9 April 2018
.Its a stress full job , eapicall weekends . while is rain or could be snow , customer expect delivery in 30 minutes which pizza hut claim , but take some time an hour to deliver, then satisfy customer with resend some this extra , some refund .
Great Place To Work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent16 April 2018
I only left due to change of university. Great people and great place to work.
Shifts could have been better organised, but these would eventually get sorted out.
Flexible and challenging
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG16 July 2013
Every day is different in this job. It has given me experience with handling cash, banking, balancing the books at the end of the night, inventory, and managerial experience.
Besides being a shift manager, I also do the day to day tasks in the shop. I'm fully trained in all areas, have great customer service, communication skills, and work well as part of a team. I am also used to working in a busy, fast based environment, and under pressure.
Pros
The experience of management, and handling the cash/doing the paperwork
Cons
Can be long hours and can finish late (early hours in morning)
fun work place great student job
Waitress, Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG20 November 2014
Pizza hut is an ideal student job not stressful its minimum wage but as a waitress you can earn your tips. Hours can be long but management are usually quite accommodating when it comes to days off and swapping shifts. I learnt how to work well in a team and customer service skills. If you want to progress the option is normally available.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
long hours late closes minimum wage
Simple job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent11 November 2017
I don't know where to begin with this job. Started as a delivery driver, in two years I was promoted to a management role which I am still doing to this day. This company is good for promoting within, but there is only so far you are able to go.
There is too much responsibility for the amount of pay and recognition you receive. Also there are people in this business who are higher up would I would not trust.
great company
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  not saying4 December 2017
i enjoied my time here loads of place for progression staff were quite young therefore quite rude however that was just mu hut overall working here was amazing
Pros
always something to do
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

56.5K