Pizza Hut Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Found 80 reviews matching the search See all 23,225 reviews
decent workplace
Applied as a receptionist then cross trained (Former Employee) –  Debden, Essex27 October 2018
Workplace was decent however, customers always gave bad reputation because of other managers having arguments with the customers.

Workplace didn't really feel safe as everyone spoke in one language which wasn't even English so i didn't really feel comfortable
Pros
free food
Cons
bad reputation from customers
confusing
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 September 2018
not the best place to work as the hours are not long enough also the pay isnt so good. the goof thing is that you get 50% off food which is a reason i stayed bevause i love pizza
Horrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Finchley Central Station24 July 2018
I didn't get the food that I was supposed to benefit from, I received barely any training so I was basically put on the spot and under pressure, horrible pay, and very unorganized hours.
pizza hut
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southmead, Bristol28 June 2018
I wouldn't recommend this job facility to anyone looking for a job the pay is low and poor the hospitality is outrageous and it isn't a welcoming facility I don't think that pizza hut is a good place it's staff are rude and selfish and ignorant and I couldn't ever dream of working there again
Pros
good food
Cons
poor hours poor pay unprofessional and rude staff
Supportive environment and friendly management
Part-time receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hereford19 June 2018
A typical day for my position included taking the orders of both customers in the store and over the phone, as well as basic cleaning for my work area.
Management are extremely helpful and friendly to employees, while still making sure that everything is done properly. Management placed a large emphasis on customer satisfaction.
The working environment is fun and relaxed, and everyone works together once the rush starts.
The hardest part of the job is managing all of the orders that will be coming in during a rush; interacting with customers in-store while also answering phones.
Pros
Employee-friendly managers, free pizza
Cons
Customer-facing
dead
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 June 2018
not organised. the people there do not understand the value of their workers and they taken for granted which is unacceptable in my opinion. the pay is also bad
Flexible working company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Falkirk8 May 2018
Pizza Hut Delivery is a good company to work for if looking to just make some extra money. However there are no set contracts and hours can be few and far between particularly for in-store roles as employees can be sent home whenever he rush of the evening settles - even if this is just for one hour. There is little room for advancement as management changes infrequently. The job role itself is not too challenging and this is an ideal environment for those who like a busy workplace.
Pros
Food discount
Cons
Unstable hours
Bad paidable but good staff and free food
Receptionist/Telephonist (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey27 April 2018
In this job i learned how to work with customers and how to control myself in different situations via by talking to customer in front or via by phone.

The staff is friendly but most of the members have poor english, a lot of different ethnicities where if youre from different country you might find people here who talk the same language as you.

Working here is easy only in working days (Monday-Friday), in weekend is very busy so you have to be ready emotional for this days.

The hardest part of the job is at the start of the carrier, if you dont have experience in a particular area (for example for me, working in reception with customers...) will be tough.

The most enjoyable part is that you can get free food and friendly staff and most of the time friendly customers.
Pros
Free food, nice staff
Cons
Not paid enough, sometimes you have to talk to weird customers
Good
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bradford25 April 2018
Its a nice place to work, they have good banter. It is a clean, nice, friendly environment. I am glad I work here and part of the Pizza Hut Team. The managers are friendly and are always their to talk to and help you out.
Best Part Time Job I Ever Had
Telephone Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chingford, Greater London11 April 2018
Pizza Hut is a fun and vibrant place to work. No day is the same as there is always work to complete. The customers are a pleasure to provide excellent customer service to. The management team are a pleasure to work with. There is a lot of customer satisfaction in this place of work. I enjoyed my time here. Best Part Time job I ever had.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
A very good place to start your working career
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London15 March 2018
A typical day at work includes taking orders over the phone or in-store.Once that's done I usually make boxes and clean up in order to help the kitchen staff.
Pros
free food
Cons
bad wages
pizza hut is well known renowned company
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey14 March 2018
I would say it was a great experience to work with food chain at that time and i also want to say that to work in this environment is all about team work if there is a fall in this sector then its almost impossible to work overall i would say there is lot of things to learn in this busy work environment,Regards
Pros
learning, promtion shifft pattern, uniform, paid holiday
Cons
hectic work enviornment
Not the best place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough13 March 2018
The delivery side isn't the best place to work. There were fights between a manager and a driver, the female manager didn't do anything, and the place is unclean.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Managers
Stressful and busy
Receptionist/Telephonist (Current Employee) –  Kent16 February 2018
This job has given me quite a few good skills, such as working at a fast pace and working under pressure as it is always really busy. The ability of being concentrated regardless of your environment is also one of the skills that this particular job has given me,
Pros
Free lunches/ dinners
Cons
Woking during the weekends
Receptionist
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gosport, Hampshire30 January 2018
Was terrible to work for was lied to about how much I’d get an hour was told I’d get £7.50 and hour which magically went down to £5.60 on my pay slip which completely screwed me over for rent and money to live on, they only let you work for about an hour a week because all the managers take the hours. They also charged me for uniform that wasn’t new I was handed one T shirt and one hat which were both old and disgusting. I was absolutely disgusted by the way they can do this to staff willing to work hard and yet lying and deducting wages they didn’t tell me about. I would recommend anyone applying to cancel their application before you send it. Do not work here you’ll get screwed over.
Pros
One pizza when you’ve finished work
Cons
Appalling ways they treat staff
Loved working at Pizza Hut!
Receptionist and driver (Former Employee) –  Northwich23 January 2018
Pizza Hut is a great place to work, love the people and the managers. Very understanding and easy going with holidays, work hours, days off etc. They always try and work the rotas around everyone’s availability and make sure everyone’s happy. Great atmosphere with very understanding managers and caring co workers. I’ve worked there for 2 years and have never had any issues with anyone, unfortunately I’ve moved abroad for a year but definitely plan on going back there when I’m back.
Pros
Free pizza, good with booking days off, great hours
comfortable work enviroment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Southampton10 November 2017
a typical day at work is, arriving then filling up boxes and dealing with customers, after that i sweep and mop the reception.
The job is enjoyable because everyone is friendly and you can sustain a conversation with anyone.
Pros
50 percent off anything that is not a deal
Horrible place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire17 October 2017
Management wasn't very good, hours wasn't reliable, don't provide you with a contract, their was always pay issues meaning when they did eventually pay me it was never the correct amount.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edgware Road B Station27 September 2017
Fun to work but less salary and hours. Good team but unimpressive work culture. I started as a front desk receptionist.
Hours were very few. Minimum wages.
I liked to work there
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Greater London18 September 2017
I like to work in Pizza Hut but I couldn't continue there because of college that why I left but know I doing I different course it's easy.Work the was really productive I have learn a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

56.5K