Pizza Hut Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Decent pizza business
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London27 September 2018
As an employee i got on well with fellow co workers and manager, i was contempt with salary and was always needed for work. However the vehicles used for the delivery service we're unsafe and possed health threats.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Difficult working conditions
dont waste your time
Driver delivery (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire27 September 2018
store management was a cross between theresa may and christopher biggins. good stopgap job but nothing great. loads of time to use up avoiding the teenage useless staff
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
staff discount on not very good pizza
Fun place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds20 September 2018
If you like to Drive and to help the staff inside, you can be the best friend with everybody, can be the best job ever but and the he'll one. It is your choice!
Pros
Free launch
Cons
Good hours
Cheap
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Northampton19 September 2018
paying only minimum wage, no extra pay for overtime, but they expect plenty of it done.
they want you working around the clock at top speed, but do not respond to demands (as showing me the contact).
Wouldn't recommend!
fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rainham6 September 2018
fun place to work due to the people i worked with
very under pressure due to the amount of orders specially over weekends
free food was brilliant
management could have been alot stronger workers ran the management when it should be the other way round
Pros
free food
Cons
unsociable hours
Free food , miserable management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 September 2018
Managers act like your questions are really bothering them. They hang up the phone before you even get to explain yet they will be more polite when I put the customer on the phone . They would not give me a payroll number so I couldn't use my staff discount in other stores. Constantly changing the rules regarding working hours. Keep you working past your agreed hours. Not enough overtime when YOU want it. When it rains you are in trouble if riding a scooter. Management not very friendly. Other staff are a joy to work with. Low wages mean long hours to make it add up. Free pizza is nice but no pizza is worth 20 pounds. Get real!
Pros
Free pizza, overtime when it suits them.
Cons
Long hours, miserable managers
Deliver driver
Delivery Driver (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire28 August 2018
I worked for pizza hut for around 3 months for an extra income to top up my full time wage. I was told in the interview I would get around 16hrs per week and i must be available fri/sat nights. I never saw 16hrs I was getting around 8-12hrs and when they wasnt busy I would get sent home unpaid even if you only had a 3hr hour shift really wasnt worth giving my weekends up for.
Its minimum wage plus 80p per delivery, you have to pay for your own fuel which doesnt really cover it as they cover a 5 miles radius.
Many of times another driving forgot to take pop/ice cream ( which the drivers had to sort themselves) so I was asked to do it and this didnt get paid for these deliveries.
The manager was far too quiet didnt give out orders and didnt show or tell me much about the job. I had to figure everything out myself or asked someone else
Pros
Cons
poor pay
Delivery Driverg
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Folkestone27 August 2018
I worked for Pizza Hut as a delivery driver from March 2005 to July 2005. During this time I was responsible for ensuring customers orders were met accurately and delivered on time.
This is job is as second job. There wasn't good rate paid on time as I been worked for them.
As a part time job its OK
Pros
tips
Cons
sometimes long hours
Easy work place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Walton-on-Thames, Surrey17 August 2018
got on with everyone, so work is always fun and it makes it easier to work. great job the pay isnt so good but the tips and stuff you learn are some key skills
Good Place To Start.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester17 August 2018
Good place to learn from, but don't get too settled. Hours constantly changing (0hour contracts). managers don't communicate with each other properly. Rule that you can't give feedback or mention issues to other staff, only to managers.
Have to do jobs that are not driver related, answering phones, washing pots, serving customers.list goes on.

In short, don't stop applying for other jobs. You'll need it after a year or so maximum.
Pros
If you like to drive, you'll get lots of that
Cons
Communication, management, training, don't mention issues or things to improve.
Fast paced
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands14 August 2018
Even though I was a delivery driver I still had to work in store, this included; pizza cutting, box making, cleaning (pot wash and sweeping), and occasionally assisting customers at the front or even answering phones calls. Typically you'd carry one pizza bag for each delivery, and two if it was busy. All destinations were within 3 miles of the store. There were also bonuses for fast delivery time which was very motivating to say the least and petrol money was included as standard. Also working for a specific amount of time would earn you a free small pizza. There were family and friend discounts too. Customers would tip very generously. The management were friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of the job would be trying to find the correct address at night and getting through rush hour traffic. Also, I wouldn't recommend this job if you have a limit on your car miles or driving hours (black box) from your insurance company, because you will struggle (however, it is manageable). The most enjoyable part of the job would be the staff and the incentives.
Pros
Motivating team around you
Treated like a child at 42
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Port Talbot9 July 2018
The Owner and reg manager would all try under paying not showing staff the pay slips and contracts when asked for.. overall worse Boss very two faced...
Pros
driving
Cons
untrustworthy
Un-Professional
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Crwys Road4 July 2018
Was a bad experience, really bad place to work at, the owner of the franchise was extremely rude as were all the employees. the manager named mike is an utter piece of dudu.
Pros
Cons
long hours, lack of respect
Fun place to work, always a good day
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside11 June 2018
great place to work, great people, simple job, work as driver and do instore tasks as well, pays minimum wage and you get a bit extra for each delivery you do. there isnt much in terms of security as they dont offer a contract. advancement is possible as they are opening more stores consistently.
Decent place to work other colleagues easy to get on with.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire4 June 2018
It is a nice place to work with some really friendly people but there is no consistency with shifts. These change on a weekly basis with hours worked and the start and end times varying. It can be infuriating as students that live out of Sheffield are given priority when it comes to having public holidays off.
Good at a pinch
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Swansea3 June 2018
High stress, low reward.
Leaned about heath and safety and dealing with stress
management ok but franchise owner was very dodgy.
very high turnaround of staff.
hardest, dealing with stress.
best, Free pizza!
Pros
free pizza, outdoors regularly
Cons
HIgh stress, no rewards, no progression, bottom rung job.
Good place, Great company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock2 June 2018
great place to work around college hours
great colleagues
wages could of been better
late finish at weekends
multitasking from serving customers, delivery driving and cleaning up at the end of the night using industrial dish washing machine
sorry it closed down
Pros
flexible working
Cons
late finish if the store has had a busy night
Enjoyable job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire1 June 2018
Really enjoyed ride a scooter around, nice perks. Good management, but not all the hours you want. Shared motorcycle gear, not always clean. Very inconsistent tips.
Pros
Free pizza per shift
Cons
Zero hour contract, no set hours
Monotonous working place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Oxford11 May 2018
Monotonous working place. I learned something new, everything from making a pizza and delivering to customers. Is my first time working in a pizza shop and is a good thing to try something new. I enjoy every time when i deliver to customers because i like a lot to drive.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Uncomfortable work schedule
delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Borehamwood10 May 2018
delivered orders to homes on the bike
small team, quite nice work. Didn't like the evenening shifts as you whole evening is gone. besides that its an ok place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

56.1K