Pizza Hut Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Found 214 reviews matching the search See all 22,858 reviews
Friendly
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Redditch27 December 2018
Friendly and simple place to work, the managers are nice and to the point, and the people working there are laid back and friendly.

The only complaints I have is that if you need lots of hours, that are secure, you will struggle. Some weeks they only need you for a few days, some days they only need you for a few hours! A bit unreliable when it comes to planning financially and plans outside of work, but easy work and overall I would recommend working here as a student or if you are looking to make some extra money
Pros
Most days there's free food at Redditch store. Nice people all around
Cons
inconsistent work patterns and no full time work offered.
Manager extremely friendly
Support Manager/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife14 December 2018
The general manager has become a good friend since working here, however a lack of available hours made it uneconomical to work there any longer.

A great place to work as a 'side-job' to help bolster earnings from a 'main' vocation.

The general manager is very friendly and will do all he can to accommodate his employees, and help them to continue working.
Pros
Good job culture
Cons
Lack of available hours for people needing full time hours.
Good mix of being out on the road and helping back at store
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Kings Lynn26 November 2018
Typical day - start work 5ish take out first delivery and usually busy until about 8 a lot of drivers sent home then. I managed to get the 'close' each night so help out in shop clearing up and sometimes busy in the last hour as the only driver on. Been there almost 4 years but no training or 'recognition' job relies on you having a car so if it's off the road no work. Management doesn't really care about you as a person although varies from manager to manager. Can have a laugh if good crew on but at the moment I'm the only English speaker which makes things awkward. The hardest part is when there is a lot of traffic. The best part is driving around your local town and being your own boss for that time. Would take the free pizza each night but don't want to get fat
Pros
Time spent away fro the shop
Cons
Have to use your own car
Fun Work Place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton1 October 2018
Always doing something whether its cleaning or delivering. Management was great and overall a great place to work. Needed plenty of drivers so always looking for one. I applied because poster outside said delivery drivers get paid £10 and was paid just over half when i realised.Under 21 year old drivers get paid £5.80 an hour even though they do the same job as other drivers if not better.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Young kids get paid way less
Waste of time and effort!!!!
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend4 December 2018
Absolutely rubbish place to work. No job security sent home as soon as you arive for a shift dew to them being quite no sorry just a go home as no work for you yet they promise the hours abd everything else at interview ect. I've worked for there largest competition and I must say it was run alot better than this place as they never send you home if it quite they will cut you're shift a little so at least you're still earning but as for pizza hut they didn't care weather you have a family to feed or nothing. The £1 for each delivery is giving in with you're pay so you're taxed on that 2 yet again there largest competition pays the petrol on the night. Hopefully this review will help people get an understanding of the poor work of a pizza hut delivery driver.
Pros
Nothing really I found comparing to competitors
Cons
Sent home when you arrive. No staff morale. Promise the world till you've joined
Free food , miserable management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 September 2018
Managers act like your questions are really bothering them. They hang up the phone before you even get to explain yet they will be more polite when I put the customer on the phone . They would not give me a payroll number so I couldn't use my staff discount in other stores. Constantly changing the rules regarding working hours. Keep you working past your agreed hours. Not enough overtime when YOU want it. When it rains you are in trouble if riding a scooter. Management not very friendly. Other staff are a joy to work with. Low wages mean long hours to make it add up. Free pizza is nice but no pizza is worth 20 pounds. Get real!
Pros
Free pizza, overtime when it suits them.
Cons
Long hours, miserable managers
Good Place To Start.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester17 August 2018
Good place to learn from, but don't get too settled. Hours constantly changing (0hour contracts). managers don't communicate with each other properly. Rule that you can't give feedback or mention issues to other staff, only to managers.
Have to do jobs that are not driver related, answering phones, washing pots, serving customers.list goes on.

In short, don't stop applying for other jobs. You'll need it after a year or so maximum.
Pros
If you like to drive, you'll get lots of that
Cons
Communication, management, training, don't mention issues or things to improve.
Deliver driver
Delivery Driver (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire28 August 2018
I worked for pizza hut for around 3 months for an extra income to top up my full time wage. I was told in the interview I would get around 16hrs per week and i must be available fri/sat nights. I never saw 16hrs I was getting around 8-12hrs and when they wasnt busy I would get sent home unpaid even if you only had a 3hr hour shift really wasnt worth giving my weekends up for.
Its minimum wage plus 80p per delivery, you have to pay for your own fuel which doesnt really cover it as they cover a 5 miles radius.
Many of times another driving forgot to take pop/ice cream ( which the drivers had to sort themselves) so I was asked to do it and this didnt get paid for these deliveries.
The manager was far too quiet didnt give out orders and didnt show or tell me much about the job. I had to figure everything out myself or asked someone else
Pros
Cons
poor pay
It's good
Pizza Hut Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh24 October 2018
I liked it, the best job i ever had and hope to return some day, The manager at newington is the best guy ever except for regional manager he loco. but all an all it was good experience for me with good people
Pros
free food
Cons
Can be working later than expected because of busy hours
Very poor manager skills
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk30 November 2018
The management are very friendly at first but should you dare to question anything you will find your hours cut very quickly. I left because of this and the manager's habit of spitting in customers food if they complained.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Manager
pizza hut
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire16 December 2018
I collected orders for the Shinfield road pizza delivery centre. I would read the receipts and created the orders before leaving and driving to deliver them to the correct address, using my GPS to make sure I didn’t make any mistakes.
Cons
had long hours
Delivery Driverg
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Folkestone27 August 2018
I worked for Pizza Hut as a delivery driver from March 2005 to July 2005. During this time I was responsible for ensuring customers orders were met accurately and delivered on time.
This is job is as second job. There wasn't good rate paid on time as I been worked for them.
As a part time job its OK
Pros
tips
Cons
sometimes long hours
Decent pizza business
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London27 September 2018
As an employee i got on well with fellow co workers and manager, i was contempt with salary and was always needed for work. However the vehicles used for the delivery service we're unsafe and possed health threats.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Difficult working conditions
fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rainham6 September 2018
fun place to work due to the people i worked with
very under pressure due to the amount of orders specially over weekends
free food was brilliant
management could have been alot stronger workers ran the management when it should be the other way round
Pros
free food
Cons
unsociable hours
dont waste your time
Driver delivery (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire27 September 2018
store management was a cross between theresa may and christopher biggins. good stopgap job but nothing great. loads of time to use up avoiding the teenage useless staff
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
staff discount on not very good pizza
Cheap
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Northampton19 September 2018
paying only minimum wage, no extra pay for overtime, but they expect plenty of it done.
they want you working around the clock at top speed, but do not respond to demands (as showing me the contact).
Wouldn't recommend!
Decent place to work other colleagues easy to get on with.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire4 June 2018
It is a nice place to work with some really friendly people but there is no consistency with shifts. These change on a weekly basis with hours worked and the start and end times varying. It can be infuriating as students that live out of Sheffield are given priority when it comes to having public holidays off.
Good place, Great company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock2 June 2018
great place to work around college hours
great colleagues
wages could of been better
late finish at weekends
multitasking from serving customers, delivery driving and cleaning up at the end of the night using industrial dish washing machine
sorry it closed down
Pros
flexible working
Cons
late finish if the store has had a busy night
Fun place to work, always a good day
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside11 June 2018
great place to work, great people, simple job, work as driver and do instore tasks as well, pays minimum wage and you get a bit extra for each delivery you do. there isnt much in terms of security as they dont offer a contract. advancement is possible as they are opening more stores consistently.
worker
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hornchurch31 October 2018
open shop prepare food for 11 o clock for when open stretch doe defrost for next day all pizza doe prepare sides pot wash and deliver pizza all at same time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

56.4K