Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  London17 June 2018
was a good place to work overall. flexible working times good staff good employers. goals and targets were there to be achieved but with having your own independence to change things to improve standards
Pros
good work enviroment
dead
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 June 2018
not organised. the people there do not understand the value of their workers and they taken for granted which is unacceptable in my opinion. the pay is also bad
ok
Pizza Chef & Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chester16 June 2018
good day can be long , nice people hardest part of the job they want more and more hours from you but no benefits given ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
it wasnt fun i found it boring because it wasnt busy enough
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire15 June 2018
pizza hut was poor because it was to small for everyone to walk around in you weren't aloud breaks or have a drink if you need one

you weren't aloud to talk to your work friend if we weren't busy some of the staff treating me poorly they didn't really help me with the tills and deals i was suppose to learn.
kept getting orders messed and really slow at cooking preparing
the pizza wasn't ready on time.

all the staff did was shout at you even you did something wrong bymistake
Pros
didnt get free lunch or dinner
Cons
some long hours not many
Youth culture
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Norbury13 June 2018
The closeness from the shop to my house was short, so that was nice. However, the pay was terrible. Sometimes i would be sent home because they would be overbooked. Extremely stressful and short hours. Management is rude, and i experienced racism from other workers.
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hastings11 June 2018
It was good work for pizza hut but the wages was not great and the staffing was not right

I learn so much when I worked at the hut and easy to climb the ladder to high place in roles
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brentwood4 June 2018
I enjoy working there but I’d rather ask for different hours. I’d like to work more during the week and have the weekends as a morning job because I go to college through out the week but could do evening shifts then and weekends I have no free time.
Pros
Free small pizza
Cons
Weekend job
Not something for young workers
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire4 June 2018
I was young at the time of working here so I was not expected to be paid much at all but the pay was so minimum that it was not worth working there much at all.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
small pay
Good at a pinch
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Swansea3 June 2018
High stress, low reward.
Leaned about heath and safety and dealing with stress
management ok but franchise owner was very dodgy.
very high turnaround of staff.
hardest, dealing with stress.
best, Free pizza!
Pros
free pizza, outdoors regularly
Cons
HIgh stress, no rewards, no progression, bottom rung job.
Good place, Great company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock2 June 2018
great place to work around college hours
great colleagues
wages could of been better
late finish at weekends
multitasking from serving customers, delivery driving and cleaning up at the end of the night using industrial dish washing machine
sorry it closed down
Pros
flexible working
Cons
late finish if the store has had a busy night
Enjoyable job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire1 June 2018
Really enjoyed ride a scooter around, nice perks. Good management, but not all the hours you want. Shared motorcycle gear, not always clean. Very inconsistent tips.
Pros
Free pizza per shift
Cons
Zero hour contract, no set hours
Not as terrible as some fast food places
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  York1 June 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere around the restaraunt I worked at (in the kitchen,) they provided one small pizza per shift to keep you fed, but with shifts often stretching upwards of 10 hours, it is a difficult place to work. Far from the worse, however.
Friendly Workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Bromborough31 May 2018
They made me feel welcome during my week at the company, I was only there for work experience but I enjoyed my short period there. The staff where friendly and made me feel welcome.
Productive place to work
Front of House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 May 2018
Usually depends on the store you’ve been worked at.
Bad management, the rgm only cares about his hours, he doesn’t do anything else. Sick of “kissing a***s” management. The pay isn’t that good but let’s say that isn’t bad either. Anyone could be a manager at Pizza Hut which is intrigues me a lot.
Pros
Free meal, flexible hours
Good people
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire23 May 2018
A lot is expected of you to deliver. However a lot of the tools are taken away from you making it very difficult. The wrong behaviours seem to get recognised and people trying to do their job with integrity don't.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Work/life balance
Ok place to work good team member
Chef/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 May 2018
prepping veg and pizza base in morning service 12 till 10 in busy mall i learned to prepare food to exact company standard. I had a great relationship with management and work well with them. the hut was ok work at. hardest part of the job was the was minimum opportunity to move up. most enjoyable was the team whom im still friends with.
Pros
good team member
Cons
no movement to improove
exellent
pizza cheff (Former Employee) –  Llanelli22 May 2018
great staff amazing company to work for long hours but great fun easy to get along with all bosses hands on job very energetic place to work relaxed environment
Pros
full off opertunites
ok
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow20 May 2018
I like everything except my work/life balance at the moment. I'm certain most hospitality is similar though.
The company has been good to me though, we always try to get out time back if we work too much.
Productive and fun
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Salisbury20 May 2018
A typical day at work involved making food for customers, and ensuring that the store operated within legal parameters.

I learned how to train staff effectively to operate within a busy work environment, and how to manage the work environment so as to keep staff happy and enthusiastic.

The management were largely good. There were a few bad managers that came and went, but for the most part, they were friendly, approachable, and professional.

Workplace culture was the real sticking point. As is often the case with minimum wage jobs, the staff varied from enthusiastic to unpleasant. The more unpleasant members of the team would often try to drag others down with them, which would affect morale, or would try to shirk their responsibilities at every opportunity, which would in turn create more work for others

The hardest part of the job were the often long working hours which were a result of the aforementioned staff issues, as well as the very poor wages.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with my friends, as well as the out-of-work socialising that afforded.
Good
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Essex19 May 2018
I enjoyed working at pizza hut express a lot, friendly people and flexible hours, good for a first job. Also, easy to work up to management if wanted to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

55.5K