Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Where do I start!
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Hednesford15 January 2018
Hednesford Pizza Hut delivery... what a joke! The main manager there couldn’t run a hot bath let alone a business! One of the make table staff(who makes the pizzas) has flaky skin coming off his hands and doesn’t wear gloves. The trays aren’t washed half of the time, pay is fairly decent but you aren’t appreciated at all. The only good thing about the job is probably the free pizza, and even that isn’t great.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment, staff
fun place
Pizza Chef (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent15 January 2018
The company is a great place to work at, but because I am a university student, the income is a little less than what I need. I would recommend the hut to others.
Pros
good staff
Cons
Was driver manager and instore
Manager/driver/instore (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire14 January 2018
I have worked at pizza hut some time now and am looking at moving on as I feel I have out grown pizza hut would like a managers position or something in hospitality
Pros
Hard working
Cons
Not enough hours
giving orders and taking calls and making pizzas
Crew member - customer service (Former Employee) –  Crawley14 January 2018
I really liked giving orders and making pizzas as I love cooking. I also liked food handling and and packaging. When there were busy hours I had no problem.
Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands14 January 2018
I learnt people skills and communication skills and how to handle money. I also enjoyed speaking to new people everyday. The management were very good and very supportive.
fun
Host (Former Employee) –  Feltham12 January 2018
The benefits of teamwork include increased efficiency, the ability to focus different minds on the same problem and mutual support. ... For example, in healthcare teamwork is associated with increased patient safety. Efficiency: When a team is able to work well together they accomplish more than individuals can do alone
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
Great place to worry helps you grow as a manager and a person this place helped on my journey to general manger, looks after the team and guests great place
awesome
Receptionist/Cashier + Chef (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire12 January 2018
great environment. staff was great and they always had your back .
customers were nice too.
the company owner was very kind and helpful.
the manager was also great. nice to the staff and helpful
Fast paced challenging environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Barnsey10 January 2018
As you would expect this is a great brand to work for, challenging and rewarding. Pizza Hut invest a lot of time in training new recruits so you'll be in good hands.
As a General manager you are expected to drive the performance of the restaurant and have a good understanding of the KPI's, you must be able to manage your restaurants P&L and manage the resources that drive the bottom line. Training the team can be challenging as it can take a while to embed the standards, but once those are in place you should be flying. All in all a good brand to work for.
Pros
Free meals, happy environment, good training
Cons
Long hours, high pressure
Fun place, energetic and very friendly environment.
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent9 January 2018
Great job with great people! Management always cater to needs and are very helpful. day to day work life as a driver is very relaxed as staff in branch are very organised and helpful.
Pros
Great Staff and Management
Cons
Min wage
friendly place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  coulsdon9 January 2018
i learned how to prep food for the day
keeping an eye on food dates
reviewing staff
keeping up with waste
giving good customer service
looking after any customer issues
free pizza!!
Pros
free pizza!
Cons
poor pay
Managers are a mess
Server (Former Employee) –  Bought9 January 2018
Iron fist is all I can think of when working g with the managers at this particular centre constantly looking over your shoulder didn't allow you to make mistakes and learn from them it was their way or nothing try to turn you into a robot! Horrific place to work!
Cons
Free pizza is the only bonus
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk8 January 2018
Poor management, poor hygiene in store and although generally a friendly and nice place to work, very little benefits and minimum wage. They don't pay enough considering the damage to your car and the petrol mileage if its further than you should have to go.
Illegal
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wakefield7 January 2018
Illegal cash in hand job that's also under paid and they refused to submit a contract to me. They have no regard for their staff whatsoever and even less regard for their customers.
Always busy but extremely enjoyable
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Govan7 January 2018
At pizza hut even when you arre run off your feet it is still easy to enjoy what you're doing. the people are all absolutely lovely and always happy to help when you arent sure of what you're doing.
productive
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cardiff7 January 2018
pizza hut is a good way to get into the big world, such as a first job!
I really enjoyed working at pizza hut! built up my confidence extremely!
management is good!
Pros
free luches
Awful working environment
Catering Staff (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare4 January 2018
Management is poor. Pay was below minimum wage. No hours were given, very little promise with work. High cross contamination with chemicals, germs/ bacteria with food. Very embarrassing to have been associated with such low standards and had to quit.
Awful
Server (Former Employee) –  Croydon2 January 2018
Was put on a zero hour contract, paid minimum wage with no financial security. Some days i would turn up for my shift and be told I wasn't needed so I had to wait in the staff room, unpaid, until I was. Often this wait was over an hour and on one occasion I was waiting for five hours before finally being told to just go home.
Perks - You got to keep your tips as long as you kept them separate from other money.
This place is not worth your time.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Northwich, Cheshire28 December 2017
Working here can be fun, however due to the very poor management and the way this place is run, it is not worth your time. If you like to be underpaid and have your hours rounded down to the near hour, then maybe this is the place for you! There is a lack of communication between the managers and staff, e.g if you ask the manager to look into something for you or even ask them a question, you will be left waiting at least 2 weeks for a reply. Apparently watching football, betting and checking social media is the best way to help staff out in this kitchen. The people running this place have no clue on how to run a business let alone talk to their staff. Countless times I have had the management really upset and offend me as well as other staff members. A lot of people here are extremely lazy and don’t really know what they are doing half the time. I have had my hours rounded down to the nearest hour e.g I worked 23 hours and 45 minutes and only got paid for 23 hours, and I always got paid in exact number e.g 150 or 136, never in pence despite my pay slip saying so! The non management staff are mostly very nice people who became good friends however having money taken off me, being treated like i don’t matter and lack professionalism is enough to put me off. There is also not a care in the world for staff who have work their for a long time, they get treated just as badly if not worse! There is no extra pay on bank holidays and don’t even think about expecting holiday because there is no way you will get that! Overall I made some great friends there but this is an awful place  more... to work filled with people who are unable to follow the law. Do not recommend.  less
Pros
Non manager staff members are lovely.
Cons
Hours and pay rounded down/taken off you.
Tight nit team and supportive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire27 December 2017
Great people in a competitive yet supportive environment, job required me to deliver pizzas but also help out in the shop. I liked how the agency was on me and didn't feel like i was held back.
Pros
Free Dinner, Reasonable Shifts
Cons
Stressfull when things went wrong

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8