Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Found 1,542 reviews matching the search See all 23,576 reviews
Crownhill Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon21 March 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Pizza Hut and also had a lovely time, I felt I needed to leave due to be given all the bad shifts all of the time. The company would expect to much for the wages earned. I was as a shift manager only aloud to observe and not help out the team which I was very uncomfortable with. This I struggled with massively.
Pros
A fantastic team
Cons
Not being able to help
Lies, poor work pattern
Pizza delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Crewe20 March 2019
Worked for these for 2 weeks, lied to get me there saying would get £1 per delivery.. nope its £0.95p then they take God knows on insurance.... on top they aren't organised. You tell them you cant work.. they expect you to work ... so work home life balance rubbish
Pros
Free pizza on closes
Enjoyable job
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol18 March 2019
Challenging job. You need to be very fast in completing the tasks or orders. quite a friendly place to work. Nice management. Chances of promotions.
Office Admin
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire18 March 2019
• Dealing with telephone and email enquiries of customers
• Scheduling and attending meetings
• Organising Travel for staff
• Organising and sorting paperwork, documents and computer based information
Its worth going somewhere else
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT / receptionist (Current Employee) –  Barkingside, Greater London17 March 2019
Working a lot of hours, however I get payed less than everyone in the store even though I am putting more work in than others. My shifts are 3 hours long however, the secondary role I do takes some time also. The secondary role is called production however that task is always delayed due to having staff who repeatedly make the same mistakes which I then have to fix. If anyone once to help me at the store, the only way they can is by doing their jobs properly without interfering with mine.
Pros
Good company, free product from time to time
Cons
Long hours, terrible pay
fun workplace but low pay
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Park Royal, Greater London16 March 2019
the staff once dropped a pizza and still put it in the oven. i was also offered an initial payment of £6.50 but got give around £5, i do not recomment this work.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
low pay
awful
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall11 March 2019
got underpaid every single time, I quit 5 months ago as was not getting the correct wages, and I am still owed a large amount of money of them as they refuse to pay you, even though I was only on £4.20 anyway. do not work here.
Pros
nonr
Cons
wrong pay, stressful
Okay place to work in
Receptionist in Pizza Hut (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme6 March 2019
While working for a few weeks, things very along alright with the staff communicating, but there are some issues with keeping everything together and being organised, it can be stressful working around time and working as a team is important, but there could be ways to improve management
Pros
Fair break times
Cons
Not very organised in the workplace
fun and flexible
Guest Server (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire1 March 2019
hours can be all over the place but its good while still studying. tips can be hit and miss but when they are good they are very good. management are so lovely and it becomes a family. it can be very hard dealing with customers sometimes but the nice ones make it worthwhile.
Pros
free lunches, cinema tickets, discounts, friends for life
Cons
random shifts, unsociable working hours
Okay i guess if you want a stop gap
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, Kent28 February 2019
The rgm was terrible. I only stayed cos the deputy was a great manager. You know what they say one bad manager can ruin a team.
Everyone was very friendly and fun to work with.
Lots of cleaning involved due to being kitchen. Fast paced and very busy..................
Pros
Free food
Cons
Arrogant manager
extremely draining job
Waitressing (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, Wiltshire27 February 2019
For the effort you put in with this type of job, the hours and salary are poor. No sense or accomplishment, this job is mentally and physically draining.
rubbish
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire26 February 2019
Constant customers kicking off and shouting andbeing told just to get on with, not knowing when your starting on finishing or being asked to stay later but not being paid for it
Pros
Free food
What I Learned
Server (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire25 February 2019
Pizza hut is the best example of how not to run a restaurant because the amount of complaints is unbelievable, even though the food is substantial it just inst worth it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lack of staff
Fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Croydon24 February 2019
The role of this job involved me handling money, customer service, preparing boxes and delivering food promptly I enjoyed riding peds so this job was ideal for me
Good first job, but things to be aware of
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reigate, Surrey24 February 2019
I worked on reception, the job at first was really good, it’s a good first job as it teaches you to deal with customers but my main concern is some managers do not care, my main manger was really good and would help when you needed it. However, one shift manager (the main one who was there when I would be working ) was unhelpful and would leave you in situations with no help and was incredibly rude to customers. He was also incredibly inappropriate to female staff members. Me and the other girl who worked in the front would receive messages (inappropriate Ones) and comments throughout our time working there. The other girl actually reported it but nothing was done and they do not take staff complaints seriously at all.
Pros
Gives good first experience
Cons
Late shifts, pay is minimum and management are terrible
Fairly enjoyable
Restaurant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire22 February 2019
Working at pizza hut was a good experience as you complete a variety of tasks when working there and are not limited to only doing one things. This can include refilling the salad bar, and stretching dough etc.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Can get boring
fun place to work
Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Northwood Hills Station20 February 2019
work load can get heavy but all staff ready to help out when they can,managers very nice and understanding if any issues arise and they are ready to help
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay not to great
was ok
Deputy Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Braintree19 February 2019
I have loved every minute of my experience here at Pizza Hut. the only thing i can say is they employ people and give them rgm jobs to quickly withn no training atall
Not worth it considering what else is available.
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Portswood19 February 2019
I really don't know why anyone would bother to work for Pizza Hut for any reason other than ignorance as to the alternative jobs available.

I fell into it due to a friend who worked as a manager and knew the Franchisee. Opportunity may have been there 20-30 years ago when delivery services were just starting to blow up, but now you're essentially being squeezed by your franchise which will be getting squeezed by Pizza Hut.

The fact that they (most often, in my experience) offer minimum wage is a joke in this day and age, and most franchisees will be incredibly reluctant to pay you any more than 10-20p (at the very best) above the starting wage as a manager. If you do end up being a senior manager you may be salaried, in which case you will likely be (if the franchise is run efficiently) required to work up to 60 hours a week in order to make you worth the money.

Do not bother unless, for some unimaginable reason, you have a real passion for fast food. You can get a job stacking shelves in a supermarket for £9.50
Pros
Free junk food
Cons
Long hours, no bonus incentives, very low pay
ok place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Coventry18 February 2019
typical day would consist of prepping ingredients, cleaning the kitchen, working as a team, preparing pizza from orders to putting them through the oven then cut and passed to front of house for serving. don't get a percentage tips tho bit bad.
Pros
free drink
Cons
varied hours, short ones too, can be short staffed. don't receive tips

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

56.6K