Pizza Hut Restaurants UK Employee Reviews

it was good
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire11 June 2018
i had to come in and make sure that my bike had enough petrol and was in good condition.
i had to make sure that i had the uniform on and helmet.
i had to make sure i had done the bike checklist before i am able to start taking deliveries.
i had to make sure that i had clocked in.
i had to make sure that i had the right order by checking it and checking if i had the right address.
i had to make sure the pizza was delivered within a limited time frame.
i had to make sure that all the washing up was done.
sometimes i had to cook the pizzas or stretch out the dough.
sometimes i had to take orders from the till.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very busy weekends
Friendly place to work
Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromborough, Merseyside31 May 2018
I was at Pizza Hut for work experience, they made me feel very welcome and I enjoyed my short period there. The staff were friendly, the Managers were helpful and supportive.
Pros
Free lunch
Fine job
Ranging from cook (Current Employee) –  Ipswich18 May 2018
Typical day is coming in, starting any job that needs doing such as dough prep or pushing, cleaning up the kitchen, sweeping, prepping for close jobs etc, learned how to be a pizza chef and all of that, management is fine and friendly can sometime be a bit iffy if doing something the way taught but was taught incorrectly, hardest part is the pay as not the best, but friendly atmosphere etc, enjoyable part of the job is very close to home
Pros
Free pizza on 5 hour shift
Cons
Low pay
Fun and productive work place
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester Square16 May 2018
Working at pizza hut restaurant is very peaceful with friendly people that you will be able to get along with the managers in the workplace are very nice and always make you feel welcomed when working here. Customers always giving good reviews about saying we leave smiles on their faces
Pros
breaks, after work free pizza at times, peaceful environment
Cons
sometimes long hours
most loved place to wok and eat
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Bradford22 April 2018
a great job where I have gained many skills such as woking in a team and with customers on a daily basis. understanding the importance of brand standards and how they can be achieved
Dunstable pizza hut Shocking
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire3 April 2018
Has to be the worst job ever.
I was a trainee manager getting paid 7.20ph as i was a manager in 3 previous restaurants this was appauling I was treated like an idiot and lied to constantly.
Management was shocking and clearly had no idea what they were doing.
Would 100% advise anyone to avoid
Pros
Cons
appauling management
friendly working enviroment
waitress/sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford31 March 2018
To carry out my duties as a waitress. To deliver good customer service skills and experience and to be able to handle pressure in working environment. Management provides excellent benefit, workplace culture encourages. Hardest part is the pressure and enjoyable are the extras.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Pressure
Great environment to work in
FOH Staff (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs6 March 2018
Pizza Hut Really gave me my confidence to talk to members of the public and taught me how to deal with different situations under pressure. The speed and fun of the workplace with a great community behind you really make you feel apart of the team
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Low Hours
Challenging.
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  UK23 February 2018
Very good way to have a crash course into management. The responsibilities and expectations can become extremely over whelming and are not compensated well enough through pay.
The hours can be very tiring and anti social.
The people you will work with will become family and seeing happy customers will be rewarding.
Opportunities to progress within the company are readily available.
Pros
The people
Cons
Stressful
Good working environment
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Pakefield13 February 2018
Was a overall good summer job, but when I was back at college I hardly got any hours and could only work weekends, which was night times where I didn’t get many hours.
Good first job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chippenham8 February 2018
Started working here when I was 15 and so the pay was extremely low - however on some occasions I made enough in tips to exceed my pay for the week. When staff was high and could keep up with guests it was a brilliant place to work and gain experience outside of school, however more often than not I would be on my own covering the restaurant floor and became stressed as blatantly I could not cope with all of the customers alone, at such a young age. A typical day at work included taking orders, serving drinks, delivering food to tables, clearing plates etc, taking payments, and cleaning tables.The management in the hut was excellent and very organised but the lack of staff meant the high standard of work could not be reflected to customers.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
Long hours without break
Enjoyable and lots of development
Support manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire6 February 2018
A typical day as a shift manager here started off setting up the restaurant and kitchen ready to start the shift. Managing food stock levels for the day to avoid waste. Preparing team members for their shift and managing the team. Interaction with guests was key.

I learned basic computer skills through scheduling and recruitment training. I learned how to manage groups of people on shift and deal with sticky situations with customers.

Commuting 45 minutes to and from the store and unsociable hours was the hardest part of the job but I enjoyed working with a great team of people.
bad work enviroment
Back of House (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire30 January 2018
the people around me and the management were all negative in their attitude towards work, I was never properly trained o I had to learn on the spot as I was thrown into situations I had not been trained for straight away
Pros
discount
Awesome
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Yeovil26 January 2018
Pizza Hut is a great place to work for which also has many benefits. You get paid highly for the work you do. Well towards £350 a week after tax if you work Full Time. The managers support you and really push you to become the best you can be. It can become unsociable hours but managers do there best to stretch it out so you'll always have good time off and they let you have your holiday.
Pros
Free Food, Great Management, Great Pay
Cons
When Busy can Get Tough
a fun enjoyable place to work.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Cambridge23 January 2018
This job and the enjoyment you get out of it like most places can honestly depend on the place you work and people you work with.

Whilst I worked at regent street in Cambridge I was also studying at uni so worked in the evenings and weekends as a waiter I was required to meet and greet customers, take orders, replenish the ice cream machine and salad stations, as well as serve food and take payments, and then clean the restaurant on the close shift.

Like myself I found the Management team were all people persons and they lead and inspired the team and helped make the workplace more enjoyable and I quickly found myself befriending them along with my other colleagues, working with such a friendly team and providing quality service to customers was the most enjoyable part of this job.

I learned many skills socially interacting with strangers, time management, front of house standards and quality, food safety they gave me the opportunity to progress and become cross trained and work as a chef and to progress further on to management, from the experience I had there I would recommend this job to anyone.

However once I transferred back home it was kind of different I transferred to the Truro store in cornwall. where at first didn't seem to bad I was getting the hours in my contract during the summer the staff I worked with seemed friendly more so the kitchen staff that I worked with on occasion being cross trained but come the end of summer and a change in store manager I found my hours dropped below my contract I was often spoken to with a lot of disrespect by some managers,
  more... I found that they weren't so friendly as my previous store and them being the store manager and deputy they should have lead the store not bring it down.

They seemed cut off and kind of false, where as I actually befriended my previous managers and we got along they didn't really seem to care about the job or the people who worked there it was a fake nice where they felt they had to not because they wanted to which is fair enough, everyone to there own but I'm not sure they realized the impact it had on the store itself and the people who worked at it. you constantly felt on edge which made the job rather difficult for me. I had breaks that could last anywhere from an hour to three depending on how busy they were even though I was on the rota for a half an hour break or an hour max. I wasn't given the opportunity to progress and felt as if I was in a dead end job and that I was never going anywhere and majority of the people I first started working with had left for similar reasons. If it wasn't for the other half of the management team I got along with who actually made the workplace enjoyable on their shifts and the few friends I had left I don't think I would have stuck the job it was miserable and depressing.

so overall the job in my personal experience is only as enjoyable as you and the others you work with make it. Its an excellent stepping stone job whilst you're in education whether it being in Uni or college and its great for boosting confidence and speaking to new people.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
Long breaks
better than expected
Team Foodie (Chef) (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent13 January 2018
if you enter this job with low expectation then you will wont be disappointed, i put 4 stars for management because of the supervisor is a idiot but the unit manager was the best manager i have every worked with. the job isn't to bad but you need to very good a multi tasking as you spend a lot of time on your own. you need to do prep, make and cooking whilst maintaining the pot-wash, and Friday and Saturday was the only day i sore more chefs.
Pros
okay training, not bad pay, easy cooking requirments
Cons
to many to list
Best Job I've Ever Had
Front of House/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Blackpool 210 January 2018
Worked at Pizza Hut for 3 Years, had a lot of ups and downs with the job but it's still the most enjoyable job i've ever had. The team were like your family, the amount of team work was incredible. Management were amazing too. The store I worked at was very busy during the summer holidays, every day all day we'd most likely have a queue out of the door but it still was a fun place to work, even the stressful times were worth it. Couldn't say a bad word about the place or the company.
Pros
Pay, Tips, Team, Management
Cons
Long hours no breaks
Good for those who like fast paced work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire10 January 2018
Offers oppurtunity for growth and development.
A typical day can be physically tiring but offers little in the way of mental stimulation, besides customer interaction, which can be fleeting due to time constraints.
Best part - making customers happy
Worst part - anti social hours
Pros
Free lunches, flexible working hours
Cons
Anti-social hours
horribl place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare3 January 2018
do not get a job here they do not treat you right and prommis to give you more hours and let you down boss is rude only good thing was the people i worked with were nice
good
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford2 January 2018
good, fun to be at work. got the job done. great team work and effort. busy good stressful environment, keeping you on your toes. good brand worldwide.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut Restaurants UK. Our community is ready to answer.