Pizza Hut Restaurants UK Employee Reviews

Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Trench4 April 2019
Due too a illness cause by working so many hour I was sacked, I really enjoyed this place at the beginning as I didn’t know what was around the corner terrible staff coming too work with problems of there own could name and shame her but that won’t get me a thanks for the hard work, the whole place need better management less slagging off and overall you need too wipe of all the staff and start again! This place is ridiculous thanks for sacking me you did me a favour.
Pros
Opened my eyes too how hard it can be with no good management
Cons
Everything just everything
Unreliable work place.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull29 March 2019
I had only stayed there 6 months and felt that management were very slow on training, which is frustrating when you're wanting more hours.

Considering it was 2 bus journeys which took an hour to get to work, being given 2 hour shifts some days were not worth the travel expense.

You half your tips by 2 (yourself and a server assist).

Shifts were unreliable, when the restaurants quiet, you are made to sit out back in the staff room WITHOUT BEING PAID, and made to wait - often - hours until you'd be able to actually clock in (reducing your hours immensely). On top of this, you were not allowed to go home in case it became busy. I wouldn't mind this if I was being paid, however when you're away from home and sat in the staff room not getting paid on a shift that was scheduled for you, it is not ideal.
Pros
Free pizza and 50% discount. Decent tips.
Cons
Lack of management organisation and unreliable hours.
Colleagues were nice. Management awful.
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Liverpool19 March 2019
My mental health dramatically declined after working here. The management was really bad and cracked under pressure. Happy management = happy employee.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Low wage, bad managment
Family oriented and friendly
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Crewly and London19 March 2019
I did enjoy working but it was too far me. I also enjoyed the management side of business. I also enjoyed the the recruitment process and the training part.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long stift
Overworked.
Kitchen/Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen27 February 2019
I don't mind working hard but shifts were continually shortened but staff were expected to do more and more with nothing the team was reporting back to the manager actually having any affect on how you were treated. A like it lump it approach from management.
despicable place
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Penge, Greater London25 February 2019
The Pizza Hut in Penge is very miserable to work in. They take advantage of young workers like me. Co-manager was extremely rude. The main manager however was very nice and understood me. However, I still didn't get paid for the few days that I've worked for. I was barely allowed to have the staff meal, I would also be left alone at the tills purposely.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low pay
Fun work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woking2 February 2019
The experience that will quickly build your character and substance. Something you will look back on for the rest of your life leaving you in eternal wonder. Hey... Its a stepping stone at the very least, just keep hopping and you'll be across the stream in no time.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
It wasn't bad
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex23 January 2019
Hours were unreliable and weren't always kept or stuck to, it was hard to actually earn money especially when it wasn't busy as managers wanted to send people home.
Horrible work environment
FOH Team Member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside16 January 2019
Managers don't care about you and talk to you like you're dirt and only care about improving their own statistics. Awful hours with bad breaks, either work a 10 hour shift with no break or a 6 hour shift with an hour slot between each 3 hours, which will be in an overcrowded miniature staff room with 8 other people. Way too overworked for the minimum pay. Friendly coworkers though.
Cons
horrible manager and useless head office
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire george street15 January 2019
loved the job till the manger left and we got some jumped up little s**t of a manager who thinks hes gods gift to the world
who thinks its acceptable to get in someones face and shout and swear at the staff
5 people left in one week and now has no staff keep clear of the place
11 and half hour shifts with half hour breaks if your lucky
Pros
the door out of the place
Cons
everything about the store manger
Toxic and uncaring
Cross-trained Employee (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 January 2019
It's a company which cares little for its staff whilst forces profit maximising with no care to staff well being. Restaurant managers tend to be extremely helpful and caring, but little can be done with a head office which has such little care or consideration towards their minimum paid staff.
Pros
Cons
No care for their low level staff members
Terrible
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands7 December 2018
This place has some great people that work together and are often overlooked but Management have no real goals for what they want from you other than slight adjustments to the way you explain things and other very picky pointless things and show no real interest in getting to know you as a person. They don’t really involve you in much and make you feel like just another number. Typical big company that will soon be down the drain because they aren’t keeping up with the times, not efficent and treat staff awful. Pay is absolutely shocking and you’re left fighting for shifts because nobody is even walking through the door! Bad place to work with lack of support and care.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Virtually everything else
I worked here a long time ago
Front of house staff (Former Employee) –  Staines2 December 2018
As a first job I found this very stressful as I entered the business as they were making big changes to their image and branding. They were always understaffed and hours could be changed whenever

A lot of this may have changed now so ignore this review
Fun workplace, unrewarding.
Waiter and Chef (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire21 November 2018
I had incredible times at Pizza Hut, but unfortunately the pay is peanuts. I was on roughly around £9000 a year.. So that pretty much sums it up. The people I worked with were brilliant and made it a fun, engaging workplace, which is why I stayed for 2 years.
Pros
Fun, leave-stress-at-the-door, easy
Cons
Terrible pay.
Incredibly Poor
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Isle of Wight12 November 2018
I worked at Pizza Hut for a few years and to be quite honest I would not recommend it to anyone.

A typical day consisted of very busy/understaffed shifts where management would hardly do anything and staff members were working to their hardest and fullest in order to serve and help customers.

Staff morale was at massive low, management were incredibly patronizing, rude and insensitive to the needs of their staff members, it is not recommended to work for them part time, especially if you are a student, as they will put you on shifts even when you have informed them of your availability. Some even insulting staff members behind their back.

There was an extreme sense of favoritism in the workplace, many being praised and let off easily for small mistakes and slacking off when others were patronized and mate to feel inferior.

Tipping seemed to be a problem as well, many front of house members losing tips due to the server/server assistant protocol, along with the fact that some servers were not keeping a diligent eye on their sections.

All in all, I would recommend looking elsewhere for a front of house or back of house position, working in such a toxic environment will cause more harm than good.
Pros
n/a
Cons
poor management, low staff morale
fun place to work
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth3 November 2018
Always a pleasure to go to work for a typical day at pizzahut, being alone in the kitchen for a day shift with a buffet from 11 till 3 was always fun and kept me very motivated throughout my days.
Pros
free lunch
Poor Management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Isle of Wight27 October 2018
Working at Pizza Hut was the worst experience of my life. The General Manager had her favourite members of staff and I was not one of them. During my time she never let my role vary.
Every shift I would be put on the salad bar, this poor management made me miserable which overall made my job performance decline. This is a common thing to happen when working for a franchise like Pizza Hut, you aren't really appreciated by management and they are just all about their own profit and performance. Also it is minimum wage. £5.20 when I was 18. Absolute poverty wage. As I said, they don't care about you. There is a lot of drama and talking behind backs within the hut and once again this links to my point about poor management. My most recent employment with Parkdean Resorts was brilliant. They believed in me and I was promoted to bar manager after hard work and training. If you aren't one of managements 'favourites' at Pizza Hut, you'll be going no where. 10/10 would NOT recommend.
Pros
50% off Pizza
Cons
Poor Management
workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham13 October 2018
It was quite fun working there it felt like a family. I did enjoy working there for the most part as you were always busy and never bored, everyone was friendly.
not the best but okay if nothing else comes up
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire1 October 2018
long as u wokr in a crew role its okay but never ever go for management or lone worker....too much responibility and not much support..it might be different in other stores
ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands10 September 2018
people make the place more bearable to work within, dealing with some horrible customers, easy to develop within the store if you are willing to work long and free hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut Restaurants UK. Our community is ready to answer.