Pizza Express Employee Reviews

Friendly and Supportive Job Environment
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Ilkley26 June 2017
Its fast paced work but everyone is very helpful and you'd be surprised by how fast a shift goes. Hardest part would be occasionally missing your Saturday night but the team itself is fun and every shift is a happy one
Pros
free meals
Cons
split shifts occasionally
Excellent Training.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard23 June 2017
I enjoy working for Pizza Express,

I however am looking for a new challenge, in a new field. I am a mature 25 year old, with almost 4 years managerial experience in Restaurants. This means I can take my skill to any new role.

I am looking to head into retail in a management position, and learn a new business.
Competitive with a supportive team
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire22 June 2017
Overall i have enjoyed my time working at Pizza express. I enjoy working with the public and to make sure their experience with the company/restaurant is as good as possible.
Pros
Free food. discount, opportunity to progress, tips
Cons
Stressful
could do better
Chef (Current Employee) –  Scotland19 June 2017
In my current branch, it feels as though there are no opportunities for advancement and we are working for little in the way of return or even thanks. As a result, morale is low and we are having to be there of r each other as it feels the management and above are more interested in the profit margins rather than helping the staff and sorting out any ongoing problems.
Would not recommend anyone to work here
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex17 June 2017
Was a nice place to work,I worked there for 15 months,manager had her on plans when she joined the team,slowly pushing you out unless you are family or kiss her butt,seriously treated me badly as i was a hard worker and took pride in my work and always helped anyone there without being asked,the rest of the team are brilliant,lovely people.
Pros
nice team.
Cons
Management.
Busy resturant
Waitress and Back of house (Former Employee) –  Bridge Street, Taunton, UK16 June 2017
Whilst working there it was always a busy atmosphere and was popular among families and tourists.
The staff is lively and enthusiastic and training is provided for all jobs, including how to prep the pizzas.
Pros
Free lunch
Chance to excel
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire13 June 2017
Good company to work for, good benefits, after working there at least a good year there are plenty opportunities to move forward if you wish within their company e.g. manager roles etc.
Pros
free food
Cons
hours are long, and sometimes cut a lot.
New experience and very enjoyable
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London11 June 2017
I learnt so much whilst at Pizza Express which is why I loved the job so much. The days varied quite a bit. Some days were very busy were as others were not as much.
I would host parties and waiter on those which was sometimes a little challenging if I was on my own. I had to think on my feet countless numbers of times and I would also always keep an eye out for when I could go an extra mile in helping customers have the best possible experience.
Nice place
Pizza Chef (Current Employee) –  Ramsgate, Kent9 June 2017
Stuff very placeable to work with, very sociable and funny. Love the kitchen every time very well cleaned and the hygiene of food is alway on top. Busy place during the weekend thanks to the seafront
good
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire6 June 2017
was work experience so it was made fun for me. jobs undertaken were cleaning, seating and taking orders. during lunch service it would get busy but the employees were helpful.
it was Okay
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Banstead6 June 2017
I learnt how to deal with annoying customers, the pay was okay tips where better. the management was really bad always changing my shifts last minute.
rubbish
Waitress and Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex6 June 2017
poorly managed, workers treated unfairly. long hours and rubbish pay. Expected a lot from you but not a good work environment. A lot of gossiping. Managers did not answer or resolve any problems
Exciting workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 June 2017
Managers were lovely. I was happy to work there. There were different types of people from different cultures. I actually felt that I was a part of a team and it had a warm working environment.
Systematic and fun
Supervisor/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian30 May 2017
fantastic first job in the UK and so many fond memories from winning best restaurant in the company to consistently achieving targets set.

all created by the fantastic team spirit.
nice place
Kitchen Chef (Former Employee) –  London, UK27 May 2017
the pizza express routine
people do what they have to do, like cleaners do clean, chefs cook, no magic, waiters act like waiters.
the enjoyable part of it was the meal
Pros
food
Cons
mess
Productive workplace, very flexible, lots of opportunity to develope
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford Station27 May 2017
Lovely place, flexible, gives you very good experience in customer service.
Opportunity for trainings , self-development, help to improve your skills
Un lugar divertido y ameno.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Manchester, UK26 May 2017
Un muy buen ambiente de trabajo entre más que compañeros unos amigos. Buenos jefes, buen salario y horas de trabajo.
Good team orientated place
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 May 2017
Enabled me to gain many skills while being there however management changed a lot. Staff all friendly and welcoming , good trainer and good chance to move up a level
Potentially a good company...
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey24 May 2017
Pizza Express could be a fantastic company to work for. Chance to meet and work with some great people in what should be a fun and relaxed environment, sadly this is not the case.
Training is rubbish and too short, the management are nice people but the hours are ridiculous. They have no problem with scheduling staff 12+ hour shifts and usually with disregard of working time regulations. The culture of the company and its values are not lived and not lived by the employees.
Benefits are non-existent after the usual expected employee discount, the bonus scheme for managers has completely changed and been scaled back. The company seems incompetently and ineptly run.
To top it off your waiters will usually always earn more than you simply because they are allowed tips and management aren't.
Pros
Free meal on shift, discount card
Cons
Hours, double shifts, lack of regard for entitled rest periods, pay low for what you do.
productive
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham22 May 2017
pizza express was a place where the people you worked with were friendly, productive and dedicated to high quality customer satisfaction. the experience was good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.