Pizza Express Employee Reviews

okay..
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex15 May 2018
Working at pizza express was great.. sometimes! The team I worked with were lovely and were always happy to help but management were not. I would get maximum of 10 hours a week and then other weeks id get 0. Its not certain hours which effects a lot of people. Management never listen to problems or do what suits your home life.
Pros
tips
Cons
managment
Great Vibes
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Alresford, Hampshire13 May 2018
Every day at pizza express is great fun with great people. I have learned so many skills such as people skills and working under pressure. the management is great and so is the culture.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Hard work on your feet
Fun Workplace
Part-time Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast12 May 2018
Typical day at work included cleaning the restaurant and preparing for the work day ahead. The working environment was very pleasant and hard work was readily recognised and praised by management.
Pros
Free meals, discount, training
Fast food pizza restaurant
Senior pizza chef (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2018
I joyned pizza express in january,honestly I don't like it. I used to work in a higher level kitchen. The salary is not bad but I would like to work in a different contest.
Pros
Salary
Cons
That's a fast food
good place to work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Grantham11 May 2018
not enough hours for me unfortunatly although the staff and the job itself was good. can keep tips that you make and the restaurant itself is an amazing place to work.
A good role to develop skills.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Great Portland Street Station8 May 2018
Pizza express is a good place to get trained and build a strong skill set for managerial position. Your manager is always there to delegate jobs advise you for the support of the business.
Pros
Free meal on shift
Cons
Long hours with no balanced life
best place to work
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  London8 May 2018
pizza express its a company to work with they are one of the best chains in uk.. feel free to build a demand of new skills. they also pride the staff!!
Nice staff and work place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 May 2018
Nice place to work , good staff and customers , overall i am satisfied to working in there but looking forward to better things in my life and better opportunities
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough hours
it was a good workplace
Volunteer Chef (Former Employee) –  Jersey, Jersey29 April 2018
I only worked there for trident work experience but on the whole it was a fun and rewarding job. The team was also very nice, helpful and ensured I learnt everything properly.
fun workplace
Senior chef (Current Employee) –  Stanmore22 April 2018
Working at pizza express had its pros and cons but overall its a good experience. It increased my ability of hard working under stress for long hours . it also helped me to know how much i can handle at work. I have learned a lot from everyone there.
Fun workplace
FOOD RUNNER (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset17 April 2018
Every shift was fast paced and it could get very stressful, although the management were always amazing and very considerate if you needed to step outside for five minutes.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours, split shifts
Well structured company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Uk13 April 2018
I worked for pizza express for 2 years, in thus time I learnt how fantastic its infrastructure is. It perfected the internal communications and information department. Training programme was good, salary was average not the best not the worst
Pros
Free food, able to have a work life balance, great internal comms
Cons
Gain weight from pizza
Productive Workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 April 2018
Pizza Express brings a friendly and caring environment for customers and also the work staff in where I was prevalent within. For this reason, it made the workplace culture a brilliant place to work and be a part of. Purely because the working hours constantly aroused and benefited many of my personal skills that I have within my capabilities. Every shift improved many of my skills and also challenge my uses of them. I worked with many different forms of customers and treated all with the same standards; regardless of many different worldwide cultures. The management staff at Pizza Express give you the correct and clear guidelines to work within the company, however at times I found that I had to work with my own initiative of which I was truly comfortable with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Most rubbish place I ever seen in my life.
PizzaExpress (Former Employee) –  London5 April 2018
Was working for this company almost 2 years, and have been developed from waiter role to supervisor role in my last 6 months. The gap in the salary between a waiter salary and a supervisor is just £0,63!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? A waiter cand earn with 35h/w more money than a Restaurant Manager. I didn't like the way the management investigate people for every single mistake, and if the management is making a mistake - that is fine, they will just say sorry, they do not investigate themself. It doesn't matter how much you did for this company but once you done something wrong and your manager didn't like it, he will give you a disciplinary and you will be step down. The way they investigate people for theyr mistakes looks more like an interrogation at the police station. Supervisors allways are closing the restaurant which I consider unfare, unhuman shifts like 15h without brake for only £8,50 p/h. You will learn a lot of things but they are useless at all if you will want to change the job.
Pros
Easy to develope to restaurant manager role
Cons
Very long hours, rubbish money.
Good place to be a team worker
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  London2 April 2018
It's a good place to be a team worker, but it's so busy and sometimes you can't handle with. The worse thing is if you are below 21 years old, they pay you bad.
Hard work but very simple
Waiter and manager on duty (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 March 2018
It’s a good job where I learned how to be in charge I learned the proper customer service great experience great customers and the management and also a lovely service charge can’t complain
Pros
Very good management
Cons
Limited staff food
Good depending on location
Waiter Trainer on 10 (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff14 March 2018
Pizza Express is overall a good company to work for in my opinion but although it's fun and enjoyable, the management is poor. In my experience I've noticed that a lot of managers just sit in their office and don't really care about anything else that's going on. It's rare that they're there to support you and you have to take all matters into your own responsibility. Which can be good at times but certainly not when it's a busy shift and you have a number of things to do plus you need the manager who is nowhere to be seen. That's the biggest fault with the company in my opinion, it may not be like that in all restaurants but certainly in the ones I've worked in.

There are plenty of opportunities to progress and to advance up through the company, and the interaction with other staff members is a plus too. The pay is poor though unless tips are good, they make the job worth it when they're consistent.
Pros
Free meals, Good quality workplaces, Lots of interaction with public and staff
First job in London
(Londres-UK) - atuando como técnico de informática (Former Employee) –  London/UK13 March 2018
I had a very good experience, I was able to improve in all professional senses, acting in diverse affiliations. I ended my cycle in the company because I wanted to finish my university to get the degree in IT
Pros
lunch free
not worth the stress
Full-time KP/ cleaner (Former Employee) –  Winchester12 March 2018
worked for pizza express for 3 months, hot and sweaty work so be prepared to work hard. probation is 6 months long so you don't get tips until it ends which means for 6 months your on minimum. didnt get on with management at all.
Pros
free lunch every 6 hours worked and every 10 hours anything from menu, free coffee
Cons
uncomftable conditions, bad management.
Nice but Management aren't understanding.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Sheffield27 February 2018
It was okay to work here, apart from the odd customer that thought it to be okay to snap their fingers at me like they thought I was a servant. My biggest issue was being asked to "sort out my priorities" when it came to putting my university work first. Studying a course that requires my time away from usual studying hours, the management did not like this and I was left with no other option but to look for work elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunch, plenty to do, good wage.
Cons
Ignorant management, rude customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.