Pizza Express Employee Reviews

magnífico.
Camarera y recepcionista (Former Employee) –  londres24 January 2018
El mayor logro es poder trabajar sin saber inglés y concederte la oportunidad de subir en el sector mediante tu trabajo y esfuerzo; dándote así la confianza suficiente para super arte día a día.
i loved my job here
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Abingdon17 January 2018
I actually looked forward to going to work, I enjoyed working with the staff and most of all I loved the interaction with the customers and making their time at pizza express the most enjoyable I could. even though I worked evenings and weekends I was able to spend quality time with my baby and I was able to walk my son to and from school without rushing, I was free to go to all of my sons shows and consultations at school through the day.
Pros
free pizza and dough balls
Cons
weekend work
Worst company ever to work for
Manager/Waiter Trainer/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Liverpool15 January 2018
Avoid this company at all costs. They do not treat their staff equally or appropriately. It is definitely a company that doesn't value their staff or appreciate the hard work that they put in.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
not enough toppings on that free pizza
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 January 2018
Setting up tables, organising prep, making sure everything is clean & workable.
Learnt to serve orders, multi task, interact with customers more.
Management was alright.
Workplace culture was productive and pretty busy.
Hardest part was attending to customers needs at one time sometimes the staff was minimal.
Making someone's day was the most enjoyable
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Salary
Okay
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kent3 January 2018
Job was alright, full of politics which is never fun. Power tripping managers, as well as an expectation to work more than your contracted hours unless there was someone to cover your days off. Little to no recognition from upper management.
Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire2 January 2018
Lovely company to work for. Treat their staff well and like they matter. Friendly, fun to work environment. Good hours good benefits for staff. Lovely place.
hard but fun
Waiter (Current Employee) –  st martins lane29 December 2017
The best part in the waiter job is to get to meet all kind of people in the same day.
The work is value with minimum wage what makes it a challenge to provide an excellent service in order to earn a good tips.
Fun work place with good progression
Waitress and Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, Cornwall26 December 2017
I have enjoyed working at PE and ideally would like to stay there! It has taught me lots of skills and I have made lots of good friends within the company!
Pros
Free food after 4 hours, 50% off at any branch
Cons
Lack of shifts
Horrid
Chef (Former Employee) –  Swansea25 December 2017
Treated like a slave, Hard labour job. I worked very hard to be given unfair hours and unstable pay, not to forget the unpaid hours i have to chase. no looking after staff whatsoever, with big nasty attitudes of managers.
Pros
Cons
weight lose
Fun place to work
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire20 December 2017
A very nice place to work with a nice atmosphere and nice people. Management is extremely important and luckily we have a good one. It can be hard when busy and people can get frustrated but overall its good. Also free pizzas as staff food
drab
Kitchen Porter/Chef (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear8 December 2017
again a decent place to work for the right candidate, mainly good for students as the work pattern fits around uni times. not very good for a family person.
fun place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Islington, Greater London6 December 2017
busy place, many hours standing , work as a team , good place to work, i used to work as waitress getting very good tips from our customers , friendly people
First job
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Manchester6 December 2017
Great Staff Members, they are helpful and funny. The hardest part of my shift is working alone in the kitchen washing dishes, the management is top class, the most enjoyable is that you get staff food during your shift, which is amazing and from what i learned it's to be more reliable and confident.
Good money and a lot of opportunity for overtime, but very stressful at times
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire5 December 2017
Good perks as you can have some food every shift you work but they do take that away how they want as an incentive which is good from management point of view but not so much employees.
Extremely unprofessional
waitress (Former Employee) –  London5 December 2017
Management was terrible and extremeley abusive. I would have to work illegally after hours even though i was underaged and didn't get given breaks with 12 hour shifts.
Okay
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 November 2017
The job was fine although the salery is terrible especially as a young person. However this is similar to the other Italian chains that i have worked at. If you are good, you can make good tips is about the only perk.
Pros
Food on shift
Cons
Low hourly rate, don't know shifts far in advance (sunday for monday)
Good progression and rewarding if customer service is your forte
Waitress/Manger on Duty (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 November 2017
The job is customer service orientated. There are chances for progression if you work hard and a chance for extra income. When progressing to management, there is a lot to learn and very good experience. It improves your ability to be confident and improve skills with service. It is a physically tiring job and the hours can be unsociable but the customers make it all worthwhile.
Pros
Free meals, chances to win prizes with incentives, extra income
Cons
Unsociable hours
supervising at Pizza Express
Duty manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds1 November 2017
I was very lucky to work with a great team of people so all the usual challenges of running a busy restaurant were shared. had great support from my manager and across the local area. had I not left the area I would probably still be there.
Great workplace with a team who care
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire24 October 2017
Excellent working conditions
great tips
enjoyable even under pressure
learnt self-initiative and organisational skills
job culture and team and caring
Pros
Free lunch good tips
Cons
split shifts
A decent place to work if you can deal with the tradeoffs
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Essex23 October 2017
Not an awful place to work, but youll have no social life and if your partner works regular hours it may cause a problem. Ive met some great people working here but management overall has been poor. i must note that area management is very good, its just restaurant management that is so poor.
Pros
free food
Cons
no social life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.