Pizza Express Pay & Benefits reviews

Great atmosphere to work in with good salary
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 July 2018
The shifts are flexible, you can adjust them around your life, it's great if you're not a weekend person as weekends are the busiest. The company has many positions if you're looking to advance in hospitality.
Pros
company discounts, good salary
Cons
long shifts
Super
WAITER - FRONT OF HOUSE (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh2 July 2018
Very Good in particular staff food and flexibility. If i was you i would be looking for a job in the kitchen to improve your skills and also to earn a bit more
Great for students
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey30 June 2018
PizzaExpress is great for students and part-timers. Minimum salary, however six years ago, you could make almost the same money in tips, that's if you worked in a busy restaurant, of course. Not sure of the culture these days though.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long hours and stressful
brilliant but minimum wage
Waitress (Current Employee) –  belfast23 June 2018
this job is a very busy working environment and minimum wage pay just is not worth the amount of effort that is needed to be put into the job, the management is great
Nice part time job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  St Albans11 June 2018
Normally get reasonable hours for a part time job and really easy to pick up and understand. Management isn't great but they work hard to adjust to your hours
Pros
50% off for everyone on your table whilst dining and free food during breaks
Hard work, fast paced, but fun rewarding work.
Waiter/MOD (Current Employee) –  Leicester2 June 2018
Looking after multiple guests, fast paced and often challenging. Colleagues are great and offers an enjoyable work environment. The salary is poor for the work required but the tips help to make it worth it.
Pros
Free food
Cons
physically tireing
hard work but flexible for students
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Bath31 May 2018
Short staffed shifts lead to poor management and customer complaints. Due to company's labour saving management, employees get their hours cut or asked to work more hours under abnormal conditions. The hardest part is to work with very different customers and fulfil everyone's needs. However, the workplace is students friendly as the shifts can be easily flexible.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management
some good some bad aspects
Waitress/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent15 May 2018
as with every job, there were some good and some bad days, the good days were always fun but the bad days were some of the most exhausting id ever experienced
Pros
free food
Cons
manager
Fun Workplace
Part-time Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast12 May 2018
Typical day at work included cleaning the restaurant and preparing for the work day ahead. The working environment was very pleasant and hard work was readily recognised and praised by management.
Pros
Free meals, discount, training
Fast food pizza restaurant
Senior pizza chef (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2018
I joyned pizza express in january,honestly I don't like it. I used to work in a higher level kitchen. The salary is not bad but I would like to work in a different contest.
Pros
Salary
Cons
That's a fast food
good place to work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Grantham11 May 2018
not enough hours for me unfortunatly although the staff and the job itself was good. can keep tips that you make and the restaurant itself is an amazing place to work.
Nice staff and work place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 May 2018
Nice place to work , good staff and customers , overall i am satisfied to working in there but looking forward to better things in my life and better opportunities
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough hours
fun workplace
Senior chef (Current Employee) –  Stanmore22 April 2018
Working at pizza express had its pros and cons but overall its a good experience. It increased my ability of hard working under stress for long hours . it also helped me to know how much i can handle at work. I have learned a lot from everyone there.
Well structured company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Uk13 April 2018
I worked for pizza express for 2 years, in thus time I learnt how fantastic its infrastructure is. It perfected the internal communications and information department. Training programme was good, salary was average not the best not the worst
Pros
Free food, able to have a work life balance, great internal comms
Cons
Gain weight from pizza
Most rubbish place I ever seen in my life.
PizzaExpress (Former Employee) –  London5 April 2018
Was working for this company almost 2 years, and have been developed from waiter role to supervisor role in my last 6 months. The gap in the salary between a waiter salary and a supervisor is just £0,63!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? A waiter cand earn with 35h/w more money than a Restaurant Manager. I didn't like the way the management investigate people for every single mistake, and if the management is making a mistake - that is fine, they will just say sorry, they do not investigate themself. It doesn't matter how much you did for this company but once you done something wrong and your manager didn't like it, he will give you a disciplinary and you will be step down. The way they investigate people for theyr mistakes looks more like an interrogation at the police station. Supervisors allways are closing the restaurant which I consider unfare, unhuman shifts like 15h without brake for only £8,50 p/h. You will learn a lot of things but they are useless at all if you will want to change the job.
Pros
Easy to develope to restaurant manager role
Cons
Very long hours, rubbish money.
not worth the stress
Full-time KP/ cleaner (Former Employee) –  Winchester12 March 2018
worked for pizza express for 3 months, hot and sweaty work so be prepared to work hard. probation is 6 months long so you don't get tips until it ends which means for 6 months your on minimum. didnt get on with management at all.
Pros
free lunch every 6 hours worked and every 10 hours anything from menu, free coffee
Cons
uncomftable conditions, bad management.
Nice but Management aren't understanding.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Sheffield27 February 2018
It was okay to work here, apart from the odd customer that thought it to be okay to snap their fingers at me like they thought I was a servant. My biggest issue was being asked to "sort out my priorities" when it came to putting my university work first. Studying a course that requires my time away from usual studying hours, the management did not like this and I was left with no other option but to look for work elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunch, plenty to do, good wage.
Cons
Ignorant management, rude customers.
Productive place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 February 2018
It is a great place to work at but the salary is low. The colleagues are nice and chatty most of them but the management of the place is a bit under what is should be.
Pros
free lunch
Terrible place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, Cornwall20 February 2018
Don't work here, problems with management, poor work life balance, just a bad company in general! Long hours, not appreciated, staff food not nice, never get bonus
fun work place
Chef (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield17 February 2018
realyyy fun to work with the colegs really god management long hours to work long shifts speaceli the closing dauns over all a god place to strart working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.