Pizza Express Employee Reviews for Server

i loved my job here
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Abingdon17 January 2018
I actually looked forward to going to work, I enjoyed working with the staff and most of all I loved the interaction with the customers and making their time at pizza express the most enjoyable I could. even though I worked evenings and weekends I was able to spend quality time with my baby and I was able to walk my son to and from school without rushing, I was free to go to all of my sons shows and consultations at school through the day.
Pros
free pizza and dough balls
Cons
weekend work
hard but fun
Waiter (Current Employee) –  st martins lane29 December 2017
The best part in the waiter job is to get to meet all kind of people in the same day.
The work is value with minimum wage what makes it a challenge to provide an excellent service in order to earn a good tips.
Good money and a lot of opportunity for overtime, but very stressful at times
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire5 December 2017
Good perks as you can have some food every shift you work but they do take that away how they want as an incentive which is good from management point of view but not so much employees.
Extremely unprofessional
waitress (Former Employee) –  London5 December 2017
Management was terrible and extremeley abusive. I would have to work illegally after hours even though i was underaged and didn't get given breaks with 12 hour shifts.
Okay
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 November 2017
The job was fine although the salery is terrible especially as a young person. However this is similar to the other Italian chains that i have worked at. If you are good, you can make good tips is about the only perk.
Pros
Food on shift
Cons
Low hourly rate, don't know shifts far in advance (sunday for monday)
Great workplace with a team who care
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire24 October 2017
Excellent working conditions
great tips
enjoyable even under pressure
learnt self-initiative and organisational skills
job culture and team and caring
Pros
Free lunch good tips
Cons
split shifts
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London10 October 2017
Overall good company to work for , always used to wish the pay rate would be more fair than it is at the moment for the same level of job that you would do with others.
Extremely great company depending on management.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London4 October 2017
Despite many benefits being taken away in last few months salary is still extremely good, especially for students or part time work. Transferring is easy unless management are unwilling to cooperate, so staff experience will depend on location, and fellow workers.
Pros
Free meals, staff discount, tips
Cons
Rota schedule
Great tips, good team work, nice working environment
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Bath15 September 2017
If you work well and hard you will do very well here. Great tips. Literally. Financially and it is an enjoyable way of life if you like hospitality and don't mind unsociable hours. Tiring as running around on feet all day. Free lunch. Fairly good management from my experience.

Due to not sharing tips there is a tendency for the team not to work as hard for each other as they are primarily focussed on there own section.
Pros
Free lunches great tips
Cons
very tiring sometimes long hours
fun place to work!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Hatch End30 August 2017
enjoyed working there great atmosphere and management are flexible! I have pride in working there as always lovely food with fresh ingredients being served
Pros
free lunches
takes over your life
Waitress (Current Employee) –  portsolent9 August 2017
a generally enjoyable place to work but feels like people take advantage of you and you just become a slave to the company and cannot have a social life outside of work if you work full time
Pros
free pizza per shift
Cons
long hours that run over every time
Good
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks6 August 2017
The managers I had were able to give me the hours I needed when I needed them, but your experience will entirely hinge on what managers you get. You get free food.
Good employee benefits
Waitress (Current Employee) –  North Yorkshire31 July 2017
No Social life available as shifts are very long and late nights and closes are very draining. Nice environment and mostly friendly customers. Overall an ok summer job wouldn't recommend full time as ive experienced.
Pros
Free lunch and employee discount
Cons
Long hours and poor management
Excellent working culture
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Baker Street17 July 2017
While the duties do not change from day-to-day working as a waiter, there is rarely a boring day on the job. With such a large focus on excellent customer service, interacting with customers is by far the best part of the job.

Furthermore, there is a sense of comradery within the workplace that makes every employee feel like part of a close team, which extends inside and outside of the working environment. Though the constant pressure within the job can be physically tiring, over time and with support of the team, the environment quickly becomes less stressing and more invigorating.
Pros
Good tips, free lunch and never a boring day on the job
fun workplace
Front of house staff / Waitress (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire8 July 2017
It is a very good job for somebody who likes to be a waiter. In my experience PizzaExpress is a busy restaurant in a small town, it thought me to be professional, to work fast and good.
Was okay
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tonbridge, Kent3 July 2017
You get chucked right in to the deep end no training just expected to be a professional right from the start . Was made to carry four boiling hot plates on my arms on my first day . Had to remember every name of every dish
Competitive with a supportive team
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire22 June 2017
Overall i have enjoyed my time working at Pizza express. I enjoy working with the public and to make sure their experience with the company/restaurant is as good as possible.
Pros
Free food. discount, opportunity to progress, tips
Cons
Stressful
Busy resturant
Waitress and Back of house (Former Employee) –  Bridge Street, Taunton, UK16 June 2017
Whilst working there it was always a busy atmosphere and was popular among families and tourists.
The staff is lively and enthusiastic and training is provided for all jobs, including how to prep the pizzas.
Pros
Free lunch
New experience and very enjoyable
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London11 June 2017
I learnt so much whilst at Pizza Express which is why I loved the job so much. The days varied quite a bit. Some days were very busy were as others were not as much.
I would host parties and waiter on those which was sometimes a little challenging if I was on my own. I had to think on my feet countless numbers of times and I would also always keep an eye out for when I could go an extra mile in helping customers have the best possible experience.
good
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire6 June 2017
was work experience so it was made fun for me. jobs undertaken were cleaning, seating and taking orders. during lunch service it would get busy but the employees were helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Pizza Express Reviews by Location