Pizza Express Employee Reviews for Server

Productive and fun envirement
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London18 July 2018
The time spent in Pizza Express is was very benefiting. During all shift you have responsibilities to look after except the main one - to serve guests. Great teamwork and management
Pros
Free meals, flexible hours
Cons
mainly pizza alowed for employee meal
Great atmosphere to work in with good salary
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 July 2018
The shifts are flexible, you can adjust them around your life, it's great if you're not a weekend person as weekends are the busiest. The company has many positions if you're looking to advance in hospitality.
Pros
company discounts, good salary
Cons
long shifts
Pizza express employee
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, Wiltshire6 July 2018
Good place to work. Staff all lovely. Like a family. I’ve worked there nearly 12 years and the only reason of planning to find another job is because they can’t give me the hours of which I need at this time.
Super
WAITER - FRONT OF HOUSE (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh2 July 2018
Very Good in particular staff food and flexibility. If i was you i would be looking for a job in the kitchen to improve your skills and also to earn a bit more
brilliant but minimum wage
Waitress (Current Employee) –  belfast23 June 2018
this job is a very busy working environment and minimum wage pay just is not worth the amount of effort that is needed to be put into the job, the management is great
Nice part time job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  St Albans11 June 2018
Normally get reasonable hours for a part time job and really easy to pick up and understand. Management isn't great but they work hard to adjust to your hours
Pros
50% off for everyone on your table whilst dining and free food during breaks
Relaxed
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth3 June 2018
It was quite a relaxed restaurant, at some point in the day it was hungry hour which is when you need to pick it up a tad to make sure all customers are satisfied.

I enjoyed giggling with the customers a lot.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
leaving
Good working atmosphere not enough hours
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Stourbridge, West Midlands3 June 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere, and my work colleagues. However they were unable to provide enough hours or career advancement which meant I had to leave and look for other work.
Hard work, fast paced, but fun rewarding work.
Waiter/MOD (Current Employee) –  Leicester2 June 2018
Looking after multiple guests, fast paced and often challenging. Colleagues are great and offers an enjoyable work environment. The salary is poor for the work required but the tips help to make it worth it.
Pros
Free food
Cons
physically tireing
hard work but flexible for students
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Bath31 May 2018
Short staffed shifts lead to poor management and customer complaints. Due to company's labour saving management, employees get their hours cut or asked to work more hours under abnormal conditions. The hardest part is to work with very different customers and fulfil everyone's needs. However, the workplace is students friendly as the shifts can be easily flexible.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management
Ok.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire21 May 2018
Good company to work for, however normally understaffed. Good staff to work with but a lot of tables and a lot to do when it is very busy. Managers do not always help with training and can be critical.
Pros
Food
Cons
Short staff, busy, management.
Pleasure to work in pizza express
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Bankside, Greater London17 May 2018
It a company that gives you a lots of opportunity.
I really like to work there but i want to do my dream come true I would like to work in my area like account assistant because these is my dream.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hours
Good money but very stressful
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station17 May 2018
Working as a waiter at Pizza Express was a good job because you could make good money through getting tips, but each shift would usually involve a moment when you completely lost control, due to an overload of tables and an unrealistic expectation of the individual waiter's multitasking capacity.
Pros
Free food
Cons
very stressful
Cliquey and no job advancement
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Alton, Hampshire17 May 2018
Worked here for three months and was never allowed my own tables. This meant I was being bossed by other members of staff asking me to do the jobs they didn't want to do e.g. clean tables, but I never saw the tips. Generally the team was very cliquey and I felt like I didn't fit in.
Pros
Free food
okay..
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex15 May 2018
Working at pizza express was great.. sometimes! The team I worked with were lovely and were always happy to help but management were not. I would get maximum of 10 hours a week and then other weeks id get 0. Its not certain hours which effects a lot of people. Management never listen to problems or do what suits your home life.
Pros
tips
Cons
managment
Great Vibes
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Alresford, Hampshire13 May 2018
Every day at pizza express is great fun with great people. I have learned so many skills such as people skills and working under pressure. the management is great and so is the culture.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Hard work on your feet
good place to work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Grantham11 May 2018
not enough hours for me unfortunatly although the staff and the job itself was good. can keep tips that you make and the restaurant itself is an amazing place to work.
Nice staff and work place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Manchester4 May 2018
Nice place to work , good staff and customers , overall i am satisfied to working in there but looking forward to better things in my life and better opportunities
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive Workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 April 2018
Pizza Express brings a friendly and caring environment for customers and also the work staff in where I was prevalent within. For this reason, it made the workplace culture a brilliant place to work and be a part of. Purely because the working hours constantly aroused and benefited many of my personal skills that I have within my capabilities. Every shift improved many of my skills and also challenge my uses of them. I worked with many different forms of customers and treated all with the same standards; regardless of many different worldwide cultures. The management staff at Pizza Express give you the correct and clear guidelines to work within the company, however at times I found that I had to work with my own initiative of which I was truly comfortable with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Good depending on location
Waiter Trainer on 10 (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff14 March 2018
Pizza Express is overall a good company to work for in my opinion but although it's fun and enjoyable, the management is poor. In my experience I've noticed that a lot of managers just sit in their office and don't really care about anything else that's going on. It's rare that they're there to support you and you have to take all matters into your own responsibility. Which can be good at times but certainly not when it's a busy shift and you have a number of things to do plus you need the manager who is nowhere to be seen. That's the biggest fault with the company in my opinion, it may not be like that in all restaurants but certainly in the ones I've worked in.

There are plenty of opportunities to progress and to advance up through the company, and the interaction with other staff members is a plus too. The pay is poor though unless tips are good, they make the job worth it when they're consistent.
Pros
Free meals, Good quality workplaces, Lots of interaction with public and staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Pizza Express Reviews by Location