Pizza Express Employee Reviews for Server

suammry
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 September 2018
used to work here was chiled out relaxed needed to focus on progression and building the comaony was a good laugh and did learn some thigs I still use
Stressful and unorganised place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Petersfield, Hampshire14 August 2018
I began my job and loved it. However the friendly front of higher staff quickly worn off and i couldn't wait to leave. Hours were all over the place and management were not understanding of any issues outside the job itself - eg family funeral.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
uncertain hours, poor management
A good place to work.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 August 2018
A good place to work, tips are great however hours are uncertain. Can have full time hours one week then dropped down to 4 hours the next week. Free food is good.
Pros
tips, free food
Cons
working most weekends, no guaranteed hours
Productive and Fun Worklace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire7 August 2018
Fun and social workplace with flexible hours willing to work around your schedule. Management is not particularly consistent between managers however.
Pros
Free Staff Food
Not amazing, but the tips make it worth it.
Waitress/ Pot wash (Former Employee) –  Buxton, Derbyshire1 August 2018
Working here was a good experience but I was not happy with the training and the management at all. I got kept as a waitress for basically the whole time I was working over summer and then as soon as management changed over to someone much nicer, they immediately make me a full paid waitress - the only frustrating thing was I was back at Uni the week later, so I was only getting full pay and tips for a week, the rest of the time I wasn't allowed tips and was paid minimum. At pizza express you are required to do almost everything other than putting the food in the oven, this can be challenging and very stressful as you have to run your section, take orders, prepare drinks, desserts and run food, and in my case also do the pot wash. I think as I was getting the minimum pay I should not have been expected to do all of those tasks nor should anybody. I'm not too sure whether it was just this branch that had the waiters/ waitresses doing absolutely everything but it isn't good. They should allocate people certain job roles. I gained a fair bit of experience from this job and the other staff members were kind but I also felt out of place when I arrived because everyone knew each other and they were not very welcoming at first. I would work here again as long as I was put as a fully trained waitress because the training was appalling and pay was rubbish. The most enjoyable part was being able to have some great conversations with customers and engaging with them, and gaining a big tip by the end of it for being so genuine, that is what kept me going.
Pros
free pizza, 50% off food, Keep your own tips.
Cons
Free pizza became too much and no options for healthy eaters, sometimes sent home after 10 minutes, breaks could be 2 hours long unpaid.
Productive and fun envirement
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London18 July 2018
The time spent in Pizza Express is was very benefiting. During all shift you have responsibilities to look after except the main one - to serve guests. Great teamwork and management
Pros
Free meals, flexible hours
Cons
mainly pizza alowed for employee meal
Enjoyable
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare14 July 2018
I enjoy my job at Pizza Express but the salary could be better and I hardly get any shifts which is inconvenient during summer when I have lots of free time.
Pros
Free staff meal every 4 hours, 50% staff discount
Cons
Low salary, minimal shifts
Great atmosphere to work in with good salary
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 July 2018
The shifts are flexible, you can adjust them around your life, it's great if you're not a weekend person as weekends are the busiest. The company has many positions if you're looking to advance in hospitality.
Pros
company discounts, good salary
Cons
long shifts
Pizza express employee
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, Wiltshire6 July 2018
Good place to work. Staff all lovely. Like a family. I’ve worked there nearly 12 years and the only reason of planning to find another job is because they can’t give me the hours of which I need at this time.
Super
WAITER - FRONT OF HOUSE (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh2 July 2018
Very Good in particular staff food and flexibility. If i was you i would be looking for a job in the kitchen to improve your skills and also to earn a bit more
brilliant but minimum wage
Waitress (Current Employee) –  belfast23 June 2018
this job is a very busy working environment and minimum wage pay just is not worth the amount of effort that is needed to be put into the job, the management is great
Nice part time job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  St Albans11 June 2018
Normally get reasonable hours for a part time job and really easy to pick up and understand. Management isn't great but they work hard to adjust to your hours
Pros
50% off for everyone on your table whilst dining and free food during breaks
Relaxed
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth3 June 2018
It was quite a relaxed restaurant, at some point in the day it was hungry hour which is when you need to pick it up a tad to make sure all customers are satisfied.

I enjoyed giggling with the customers a lot.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
leaving
Good working atmosphere not enough hours
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Stourbridge, West Midlands3 June 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere, and my work colleagues. However they were unable to provide enough hours or career advancement which meant I had to leave and look for other work.
Hard work, fast paced, but fun rewarding work.
Waiter/MOD (Current Employee) –  Leicester2 June 2018
Looking after multiple guests, fast paced and often challenging. Colleagues are great and offers an enjoyable work environment. The salary is poor for the work required but the tips help to make it worth it.
Pros
Free food
Cons
physically tireing
hard work but flexible for students
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Bath31 May 2018
Short staffed shifts lead to poor management and customer complaints. Due to company's labour saving management, employees get their hours cut or asked to work more hours under abnormal conditions. The hardest part is to work with very different customers and fulfil everyone's needs. However, the workplace is students friendly as the shifts can be easily flexible.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management
Ok.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire21 May 2018
Good company to work for, however normally understaffed. Good staff to work with but a lot of tables and a lot to do when it is very busy. Managers do not always help with training and can be critical.
Pros
Food
Cons
Short staff, busy, management.
Pleasure to work in pizza express
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Bankside, Greater London17 May 2018
It a company that gives you a lots of opportunity.
I really like to work there but i want to do my dream come true I would like to work in my area like account assistant because these is my dream.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hours
Good money but very stressful
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station17 May 2018
Working as a waiter at Pizza Express was a good job because you could make good money through getting tips, but each shift would usually involve a moment when you completely lost control, due to an overload of tables and an unrealistic expectation of the individual waiter's multitasking capacity.
Pros
Free food
Cons
very stressful
Cliquey and no job advancement
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Alton, Hampshire17 May 2018
Worked here for three months and was never allowed my own tables. This meant I was being bossed by other members of staff asking me to do the jobs they didn't want to do e.g. clean tables, but I never saw the tips. Generally the team was very cliquey and I felt like I didn't fit in.
Pros
Free food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Pizza Express Reviews by Location