Pizza Express Employee Reviews for Server

Productive Workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 April 2018
Pizza Express brings a friendly and caring environment for customers and also the work staff in where I was prevalent within. For this reason, it made the workplace culture a brilliant place to work and be a part of. Purely because the working hours constantly aroused and benefited many of my personal skills that I have within my capabilities. Every shift improved many of my skills and also challenge my uses of them. I worked with many different forms of customers and treated all with the same standards; regardless of many different worldwide cultures. The management staff at Pizza Express give you the correct and clear guidelines to work within the company, however at times I found that I had to work with my own initiative of which I was truly comfortable with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Fun and challenging
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Amersham26 February 2018
you need to have a certian mentality to be able to do this job, at times it can be fun, at times it can be very challenging.

learnt how to manage work mentally, learnt how to be more efficent physically as the job is very demanding and requires a fast paced and efficent working style.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Customers can be a pain
Productive place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 February 2018
It is a great place to work at but the salary is low. The colleagues are nice and chatty most of them but the management of the place is a bit under what is should be.
Pros
free lunch
Long hours, poor management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cambridge13 February 2018
Understaffed so shifts are tiring and unpredictable. The management is poor, managers don't communicate with each other so there are constantly problems with the Rota. The wage for anyone under 25 is extremely low.
Cons
Long hours, poor management. Stressful
Good
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead30 January 2018
I’ve learnt many new skills since joining in January 2017. I’m better at talking to members of the public and my listening and commutating skills have improved coming along way since the start of this job.
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Tips
i loved my job here
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Abingdon17 January 2018
I actually looked forward to going to work, I enjoyed working with the staff and most of all I loved the interaction with the customers and making their time at pizza express the most enjoyable I could. even though I worked evenings and weekends I was able to spend quality time with my baby and I was able to walk my son to and from school without rushing, I was free to go to all of my sons shows and consultations at school through the day.
Pros
free pizza and dough balls
Cons
weekend work
hard but fun
Waiter (Current Employee) –  st martins lane29 December 2017
The best part in the waiter job is to get to meet all kind of people in the same day.
The work is value with minimum wage what makes it a challenge to provide an excellent service in order to earn a good tips.
fun place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Islington, Greater London6 December 2017
busy place, many hours standing , work as a team , good place to work, i used to work as waitress getting very good tips from our customers , friendly people
Good money and a lot of opportunity for overtime, but very stressful at times
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire5 December 2017
Good perks as you can have some food every shift you work but they do take that away how they want as an incentive which is good from management point of view but not so much employees.
Extremely unprofessional
waitress (Former Employee) –  London5 December 2017
Management was terrible and extremeley abusive. I would have to work illegally after hours even though i was underaged and didn't get given breaks with 12 hour shifts.
Okay
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 November 2017
The job was fine although the salery is terrible especially as a young person. However this is similar to the other Italian chains that i have worked at. If you are good, you can make good tips is about the only perk.
Pros
Food on shift
Cons
Low hourly rate, don't know shifts far in advance (sunday for monday)
Great workplace with a team who care
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire24 October 2017
Excellent working conditions
great tips
enjoyable even under pressure
learnt self-initiative and organisational skills
job culture and team and caring
Pros
Free lunch good tips
Cons
split shifts
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London10 October 2017
Overall good company to work for , always used to wish the pay rate would be more fair than it is at the moment for the same level of job that you would do with others.
Extremely great company depending on management.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London4 October 2017
Despite many benefits being taken away in last few months salary is still extremely good, especially for students or part time work. Transferring is easy unless management are unwilling to cooperate, so staff experience will depend on location, and fellow workers.
Pros
Free meals, staff discount, tips
Cons
Rota schedule
Great tips, good team work, nice working environment
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Bath15 September 2017
If you work well and hard you will do very well here. Great tips. Literally. Financially and it is an enjoyable way of life if you like hospitality and don't mind unsociable hours. Tiring as running around on feet all day. Free lunch. Fairly good management from my experience.

Due to not sharing tips there is a tendency for the team not to work as hard for each other as they are primarily focussed on there own section.
Pros
Free lunches great tips
Cons
very tiring sometimes long hours
fun place to work!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Hatch End30 August 2017
enjoyed working there great atmosphere and management are flexible! I have pride in working there as always lovely food with fresh ingredients being served
Pros
free lunches
takes over your life
Waitress (Current Employee) –  portsolent9 August 2017
a generally enjoyable place to work but feels like people take advantage of you and you just become a slave to the company and cannot have a social life outside of work if you work full time
Pros
free pizza per shift
Cons
long hours that run over every time
Good
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks6 August 2017
The managers I had were able to give me the hours I needed when I needed them, but your experience will entirely hinge on what managers you get. You get free food.
Good employee benefits
Waitress (Current Employee) –  North Yorkshire31 July 2017
No Social life available as shifts are very long and late nights and closes are very draining. Nice environment and mostly friendly customers. Overall an ok summer job wouldn't recommend full time as ive experienced.
Pros
Free lunch and employee discount
Cons
Long hours and poor management
Excellent working culture
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Baker Street17 July 2017
While the duties do not change from day-to-day working as a waiter, there is rarely a boring day on the job. With such a large focus on excellent customer service, interacting with customers is by far the best part of the job.

Furthermore, there is a sense of comradery within the workplace that makes every employee feel like part of a close team, which extends inside and outside of the working environment. Though the constant pressure within the job can be physically tiring, over time and with support of the team, the environment quickly becomes less stressing and more invigorating.
Pros
Good tips, free lunch and never a boring day on the job
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Pizza Express Reviews by Location