Pizza Express Employee Reviews for Manager On Duty

Hard work but very simple
Waiter and manager on duty (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 March 2018
It’s a good job where I learned how to be in charge I learned the proper customer service great experience great customers and the management and also a lovely service charge can’t complain
Pros
Very good management
Cons
Limited staff food
Fun place to work
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire20 December 2017
A very nice place to work with a nice atmosphere and nice people. Management is extremely important and luckily we have a good one. It can be hard when busy and people can get frustrated but overall its good. Also free pizzas as staff food
Good progression and rewarding if customer service is your forte
Waitress/Manger on Duty (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 November 2017
The job is customer service orientated. There are chances for progression if you work hard and a chance for extra income. When progressing to management, there is a lot to learn and very good experience. It improves your ability to be confident and improve skills with service. It is a physically tiring job and the hours can be unsociable but the customers make it all worthwhile.
Pros
Free meals, chances to win prizes with incentives, extra income
Cons
Unsociable hours
A decent place to work if you can deal with the tradeoffs
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Essex23 October 2017
Not an awful place to work, but youll have no social life and if your partner works regular hours it may cause a problem. Ive met some great people working here but management overall has been poor. i must note that area management is very good, its just restaurant management that is so poor.
Pros
free food
Cons
no social life
Manager on Duty and Waiter (Current Employee) –  Cranleigh, Surrey26 September 2017
Great place to work, fun team, fast paced job. Good hours, no early starts but there are late finishes involved. Good tips, hourly rate isn't the best but the tips make up for it.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Late finishes
Productive and Fun
Manager On Duty (Current Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London27 July 2017
Very Happy to be a part of such a great company and team. Management recognises hard workers and rewards them. A good company to start off at and advance through the ranks.
Enjoyable workplace
Waiter/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Worcester30 June 2017
Excellent place to work with friendly staff, alongside a good management team. Worked here for several years, gaining sufficient skills and experience.
Chance to excel
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire13 June 2017
Good company to work for, good benefits, after working there at least a good year there are plenty opportunities to move forward if you wish within their company e.g. manager roles etc.
Pros
free food
Cons
hours are long, and sometimes cut a lot.
Student Job
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  UK1 March 2017
Worked here whilst studying. Flexible around student hours. Good for student holidays during term time. Well known and respected brand in the Uk
wish i never left
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire21 February 2017
although as a duty manager I didn't again any benefits i did however love my job and became very passionate about it. Pizza express gave me my love of hospitality.
pizza express review
Manager on duty (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central3 February 2017
Awful place to work, wouldn't send my worst enemy to work there. There is a general unrest within the company, where a vast majority of its staff are itching to jump ship and get as far away as possible. Sadly, when I first started to work for this company it was a respectful and decent establishment. It is nose-diving into the ground.
Hard working team with a lot of passion
Waitress and Manager On Duty (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe7 November 2016
I had a very encouraging and thoughtful manager who cared a lot about his staff and always wanted them to do well. We had a lot of fun but were also extremely hard workers. We cared about our restaurant and looked after it well with a regular cleaning rota for all members of staff. I was encouraged to become a Manager on Duty and was given a lot of guidance about this role. I thoroughly enjoyed the role but unfortunately gave it up to focus on my degree. I miss working here desperately as the team were wonderful and amazing. Everyone was very kind and it was just a very pleasant place to be. A lot of staff would come in on their days off. Hardest part was trying to juggle the managerial role as well as my degree but my manager was very thoughtful and understanding and made me feel okay about stepping down from it. The most enjoyable part is hard to say because it was such a pleasant place to work and be at daily.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly team, hard-workers, helpful progressions
Good place to work, lack of stages for progress.
Manager On Duty (Current Employee) –  Rugby5 October 2016
Day to day working at PE is very nice, you will know your busy periods which is an hour up to 3 hours at a time.

Being an manager on duty allows me to have a little freedom but some times can be very stressful as customers can sometimes get very argumentative over small prints that are not made very clear.
Pros
Free staff meals, great discounts.
Cons
Really long hours if you are full time, not much rest time.
Productive and fun workplace
Manager On Duty (Current Employee) –  London10 June 2016
It starts early delivering excellent customer service from the opening time until the night. Learned the importance of organising the restaurant day by day at the highest standards.
fun work place
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  London19 May 2016
Fun work place , giving always very good full training for new members of staff.Provides free food for all staff. Possibility to get extra hours in another brunches-big company.
An enjoyable company to work for.
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Street10 March 2016
Pizza Express is a well known high street restaurant chain, who look after their staff well. In both restaurants I have worked in, I have enjoyed working with all parts of the team which is obviously a positive for the management team.
Busy Pre Theatre
Manager on Duty and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bath, ENG5 January 2016
I learned how managed a busy restaurant in a heart of Bath, the staff is really hardworker and the atmosphere is excellent. Really good chefs on charge
Pros
Staff food
Cons
busy shifts
good company
Pizza Express-waiter and manager on duty (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, ENG13 September 2015
i've been working for pizza express for few months
it is good company,you always have your pay check every 4 weeks.
good to work for.
I wouldn't work here again
Manager on duty (Current Employee) –  Halifax, ENG7 September 2015
A typical day at work usually includes ordering stock entering deliveries, Checking day dots match current shelf lives, managing and running the restaurant and a large team. Cashing up and locking up. Closing and opening the restaurant. Training new employees and doing telephone interviews aswell as other extra jobs too like incentives and service in style feeback from customers.
Pros
meeting new friends
Cons
long hours, not flexible
Excelling from nothing to more
Waiter/ Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  St. Helier, ENG5 February 2015
Very good learning start of your base company with all the tools provider and fun place to work outgoing and upbeat place to be .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Pizza Express Reviews by Location